Creating an animated penis

Gayton Kerslut

Have you heroes taken any step in the creation of Female SOS?

Yes, we're doing some groupthink stuff at the moment with Vector having some free time to use his wizardry to help.

It's unfortunately a lot more complex than I imagined it to be when I started it, but people far smarter than me are now aiding with the effort.

wait for the next version maybe, I know Smurf has improved the SexLab hooks + v2.03.009b has a bugged erection spell for NPCs, that renders the erection duration to be so short, that when it gets full erect, it drops again to flaccid after a really short time. we already corrected it, working fine for both PC and NPCs. I was expecting an update for maybe tomorrow, but Smurf is the one that needs to do most of the work now (scripting), and he told me he's having a busy week. but so far the Release Candidate is looking promising, and I've tested SexLab (MatchMaker) quite a few times in a row, and so far I no longer have had any erections going flaccid during the sex animations.

I Really would like to see a perfect connection between Sos and Sexlab, so you would able to change the erection of your partner (or yours) by using the page up/down... because, its not just a bout ''start the sex and finish the sex with the same type of erection''... I think that controlling the erection will help you once more come to the perfect alignment, its like a micro-alignment.

I found very nice the idea of the Page up/down controls... but since when you start a sex scene you don't have more ''contact'' with the partner, and page up/down don't work, just because you are not ''facing him''. I even witness some times that I could use the page up/down on my partner during sex, because somehow in game you were like ''facing each other'' despite the running animation.

Before the last release i took a brief moment and tried to squeeze the information out of sexlab, so i could apply the schlong up down to the same actor that sexlab applies the position offset hotkeys, but with the limited time i had, i did not get it working. As Vector said, probably for the next release there won't even be the need for adjustments ansmore, "perfect connection" :)

I will still try to look into it when i get the time, just because it would be nice to be able to mess around anyway.

Have you heroes taken any step in the creation of Female SOS?

Yes, we're doing some groupthink stuff at the moment with Vector having some free time to use his wizardry to help.

It's unfortunately a lot more complex than I imagined it to be when I started it, but people far smarter than me are now aiding with the effort.

Thanks for the quick reply, I hope you guys sort all of it out with out to much hassle. This really is genius on what you guys did. Again, thank you.

Thanks for the friendly words ;)

We have been informed that the comments will definitely get re-enabled, but they need some time to decide what to do with the escalated situation and to clean the mess a little. It is not too bad, this way we can relax for a while, and work on the mod itself a little more instead of chasing down the weirdest of installation problems or reiterating what is already written in the mods description :)

On a side note Vector found a way to get the hkx stuff working as inteded so the animations do not need to be redone for other skeletons. This means the honorable people working on the schlongs for the female gender can jump back to action and probably soon release some addons!

On a side note Vector found a way to get the hkx stuff working as inteded so the animations do not need to be redone for other skeletons. This means the honorable people working on the schlongs for the female gender can jump back to action and probably soon release some addons!

It's going to be so much better this way. I had so many long nights of headaches.

I can't stress it enough at how amazing Vector has been in doing this stuff for us.

hmm, Is there any progress with the werewolves? :P

This change itself will make that much, much easier.

As one of the people that doesn't know this complicated stuff, I can say with confidence that this opens a lot more modding to the community.

It's like we can use "plug n play" instead of tracking down drivers from websites last updated in '98.

Disappointed with the attitude of the idiot kiddies on the Nexus, they go on about more and more advanced breast physics and body replacers for females but as soon as a similar mod for males appears they run around like their hair is on fire and the world is about to end.

Also disappointed with that moderator when the robinsage troll clearly baited and goaded Vector with flamebait but decided to punish both people instead of recognising the root of the problem.

After having sex for the first time on a new character save, the erection spell wont initiate on NPC's starting SexLab animations. The end result is flaccid penises during SexLab animations except for the first time done with a character.

Penises still get erect fine using the "Hey Stud..." dialogue, so i'm not quite sure what the issue is.

Could I have my load order wrong? Should I reinstall SoS?

@Setekh,

dont worry about it, Lysnpuppy acted with my consent, and I told her I was ok, with any measures they would feel neccessary. In that matter, I have no complains about the Moderators, they were more than helpful in acting and banning ppl whenever they feel it was neccessary. I do agree that I was also over the line there, and I could have avoided if I simply had reported it in the first place, but I just cant stand smart ass ppl, so I went amok! Believe me, I've been chatting with Lysnpuppy, and all I can say is that she's been incredibly understanding about this whole situation. And in fact it was me suggested her, that she could take any measures she felt neccessary, and I did suggested that both me and the other guy, should receive an equal punishment. However, I'm quite fed up with all this, and I'm going to stay away from SOS for a while... I'll still keep working with Smurf, hanging around Hall of Torque, and will coming here to check any messages I have but thats about it. I'm not moving away from the project, I'm just gonna keep a low profile, thats all.

@Sagebeat

Have you tried to disable the Pelvis/Undergarment (slot 52) in the Male Stripping options from SexLab?

@Jager

I'll try to do it as soon as possible Jager, and like it was stated before I already solved a "minor problem" that would prevent the penis from being properly attacked to any mesh/skeleton.

@Sagebeat

Have you tried to disable the Pelvis/Undergarment (slot 52) in the Male Stripping options from SexLab?

I have, and it did fix the issue with the penis going flaccid while switching positions. Sadly, it did not fix the issue with the spell not erecting after the first sex. 

I'll try re-installing both and re-running FNIS, if I had to pick an install order for them, which would you suggest first?

I have, and it did fix the issue with the penis going flaccid while switching positions. Sadly, it did not fix the issue with the spell not erecting after the first sex. 

I'll try re-installing both and re-running FNIS, if I had to pick an install order for them, which would you suggest first?

Don't do any reinstalling, this problem can not be related to FNIS, and if only the erection works first and then stops working then reinstalling SOS won't help either.

I have the suspicion that everything "works as designed", because after an erection or after sex you get the "erection exhaustion" which lasts for a while. During this exhaustion you can not get erect with the erection spell, however repeated SexLab sex should force an erection during interaction none the less, and refresh the exhaustion afterwards.

Check the magic menu if there is the "erection exhaustion" effect active on your PC or use the debug spell on an affected NPC.

I assume that this is simply what you perceive as not working.

I already wanted to add a notification or some kind of effect that makes it obvious that the erection is not working on purpose during exhaustion, but i did not yet discuss it with vector.

Should it turn out that it does not work and the mentioned effect is not active, then it is a bug that we need to fix. In that case i would ask you to record a logfile while the error occurs.

Lemme make clear how I test this issue.

I use a female character, create a new character with the alternative start mod in riverwood, and then I use SexLab Romance with 100 speechcraft to have people be willing to have sex with me.

I save game, attempt to fuck the male inkeeper, goes off without a hitch. I run out the door and find a new guy, no erection. I load game. I try to have sex with the innkeeper, no erection. 

I quit the game, and load the save file, try to have sex with the innkeeper, no erection. I try to have sex with someone outside, no erection. I use the erection NPC spell, both of them are able to sport erections, but the spell doesnt hook during the animation.

How would I go about creating a logfile?

No matter how hard i try, i can not reproduce this issue.

Are you sure you are using the latest and greatest version (2.03.010b, or 011b with the custom race patch applied (not necessary)) ?

Info on how configure logfile creation and where to find them is here in the CreationKit script FAQ.

Maybe it is related to the romance mod, and i don't get the issue because i do all my tests with the matchmaker ? But that would not explain why it works the first time. I hope there are some clues in the logfiles. Sorry for your erectile dysfunction, did you try if the "distilled mandrake" potion works to give them an erection that lasts throughout the action ?

I ended up fully re-installing Skyrim for one reason or another. I tend to be OCD about stupid shit, and an ENB accidentally overwriting core files that other mods used without me knowing which was which was enough. 

After the re-install, I too cant reproduce this issue again. I have no idea what was causing it, but obviously if it's something that can be fixed by a re-install, it's probably not likely that it was the core files of the mod. Maybe a mod manager mishap.

I'm sorry to have wasted your time troubleshooting a problem that was fixed with a full game re-install. Its strange specificness in its issue leads me to believe its a one off due to noone else reporting it, but I wouldnt dismiss someone else down the line complaining about it. 

Thanks for wasting your time on my esoteric bug, for what it was worth.

From one schlong modder to another (I did the original work on morphable schlongs in Sims3): great work! I know how tough it is to break new ground, but please, hang (har-har) in there.

I've been out of Skyrim modding for more than a year and this is my first few days back (boy things have changed... BOSS, Wrye Bash, FNIS... what a steep learning curve) and I'm certainly glad to come back to awesome schlongs.

On a more serious note, I may have found a way to consistantly proc the perma undies bug. Using the console command player.recycleactor seems to trigger it. I want to do more testing to see if I can somehow re-enable schlongification before I can say for sure if it is the perma undies bug; I've only read forum post about the bug, but it certainly seems like the same issue. For now, just a heads up; if you guys want to take a look at the script being used in the recycleactor call and maybe find a way to squish the bug (if you haven't already).

There's also an issue I've had with casting Bound Dagger resulting in CTD; I want to double check it to make sure that CCO or an anim change isn't the cause before pinning it on SOS. But... the CTD issue stops after using player.recycleactor, so the issue at least seems linked to something that gets reset when the command script runs.

I'll update if I find/fix anything.

EDIT: False Alarm on multple counts.

Removing all mods but SOS and Sky UI resolved the CTD.

After running the player.recycleactor command, SOS behavior did fault. But equipping armor, cleaning the schlong addons and disabling schlongification, then saving in a new file, exiting, reloading, saving, exiting again, then loading and re-enabling schlongification restored SOS behavior.

Anyhow, sorry to be a bother, I was eager to report anything that might help squish a bug. 

On the otherhand... (and I don't have access to a save file with perma undies bug to test) but maybe saves with the perma undies bug can be fixed using player.recycleactor since it does appear to stop all scripts actively running on the PC forcing them to restart. Just be aware that the command resets the player inventory, so store anything you want to keep in savesafe chest.

sagebeat, don't worry, i am happy that your problem is gone, and i had enough fun "fucking around" for testing purpose ;)

therez0, thanks a lot for your schlongliment !

I never had sims3 but i bet getting morphable schlongs in there wasn't easier than the skyrim mess, i am impressed you got that working!

Thanks for helping finding ways to break the schlongs, we hoped the perma undies are finally history with the latest update, but of course we never tried to recycle actors :) I don't know exactly what it does, but i hope no user has a mod that uses it, since you mention it destroys the players inventory.

The procedure you describe to get it working after that recycling sounds quite nasty, are you sure that simply toggling the schlongification in the MCM, or a normal save and load do not fix it ? Because with the latest version we added stuff to savegame loading that we hoped would finally be capable to restore any messed up state that can be, but if it does not we will have to jump in there and try to improve further.

I will experiment with this actor recycling when i get home, thanks for the info! I really hope you find no other way to get those damn perma undies back though ;)

ps: since you are a schlong expert, did you already think about making a SOS addon of your own ? it would be an honor ;)

I did try simply toggling the SOS option in MCM, and perhaps I was impatient and didn't wait long enough for the script to reload, but it did not seem to work untill after I had saved/reloaded with clothes on.

I have considedered making one (and a twink body since I can't seem to find anything but muscle/jock bodies), but right now I'm busy fighting with FNIS and mod load order just so i can play Skyrim the way I want. After that, I still need to relearn all the mod tools... you go 1.5 years without touching Skyrim and everything changes.  It even looks like the CK is usable now.

I'm loving the flexibility of SOS, there is so much potential.

Some things to consider for future development (that I would love to help with once I learn Papyrus):

• morning wood: link to the wait/rest trigger and sleeping

• full bladder erections: script hook to Richard's Private Needs causing an erection that gets progressivly larger/harder as the bladder nears stage 5.

• warm/cold states for the boys. Go skinny dipping in the river, and your junk shrivels up; go bask by the fire or in a warm hotspring and everything hangs free. It would be a huge undertaking and would be better as an optional module. It would require FNIS considering it would change automatically as part of the idle state/anims and would have to be compatible with Cliamtes Of Tamriel, Frostfall, Wet and Cold, Tropical Skyrim, and probably a bunch of other mods that I'm not aware of.

Archived