Ever wanted to just reinstall Skyrim fresh but...

DroZzhat

I think this is my first topic on Loverslab ever, despite being a lurker for years now..  \

Anyways, have you ever wanted to just reinstall Skyrim for a Fresh start (you can't remember everything you've installed, you broke your game, you are tired of your set up, you have two many plugins, the list goes on and on), but you don't want to go through the trouble of reinstalling all of your essential stuff (like the dozens of little mods that go along with body mods)?

So, I had that exact thought, so I decided to make myself a compilation to allow myself to easily start from scratch anytime I want.  Consider it a baseline if you will, from which to build up from which should be essentially compatible with anything else (other than a different body mod).  UNPB is my preference, so keep in mind that's the body mod you'll be getting.  You could always install another one over the top of it, I guess to retain the rest of the stuff.

I combined the following into a single .esp file (and made them compatible with eachother and the unofficial elderscrolls patch) and one compressed archive for easy installation with a mod manager:

SKSE.ini (a simple SKSE.ini file to take advantage of memory tweaks and highrez textures)
Realistic Ragdolls and Force - Reduced
Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS
Immersive Animations
ApachiiSkyHair (w/ Male & Female)
SG Hair Pack 268 by HelloSanta
RS Children Overhaul
JH Donyaakin (Korean) (W/ Miohairfix) (by far my fav child mod)
UNP BLESSED BODY- UNPB REDUX PROJECT (BBP, Nude, No Skeleton, FNIS)
Belt-Fastened Quivers 1 2 Release - Animation Only
?Skeleton?XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended (Chesko's, Daggers on Back, BBP)
ndh's Animation Overhaul
Skyrim - Enhanced Camera
HDT Physics Extensions 14.28
HDT Breast And Butt Physics - TBBP BBP Supported
MacKoms Real Skin for Men (w/ normal map)
XCE - Warpaint and Dirt
High Resolution Scars
coverkhajiits male & female version
FAR - Forgotten Argonian Roots
SG Female Textures Renewal
Better Makeup for SKSE
Hi Res Female Lips for SKSE
The Eyes Of Beauty
SG Female Eyebrows (resources only)
Covereyes
BVFE - Better Vampire Fangs and Eyes
RANs HeadMesh Variants
Eyes of Aber
BB's Hair Physics Project 1.21-57538-1-21
Superior Lore-Friendly Hair - HD textures
UNP Female Armors (UNPB w/ Boots)
UNP Dawnguard Armors (UNPB w/ Boots)
UNP Dragonborn Armors (UNPB)
UNP Naughty Remodel
Various guard outfits for Every cityTS Edition
Inhabitants of Skyrim - NPC Overhaul
The Companions by Netherwalk
The Hirelings by Netherwalk
Vilkas and Farkas by Netherwalk
JH NPC 85 (Korean) (w/ fix0331) (makes most of the vanilla npcs look like beautiful asian women)
JH Bandit 2 (Korean) (makes most of the bandits look like beautiful asian women)
JH ELF (Korean) (makes most of the thalmor look like beautiful asian women)
BVFE - Serana and Family (Mother Only)
Skyrim Beautiful Followers - SBF
Default Outfits for Females Elder NPCs with UNP body
Open Faced Guard Helmets
Female Hairstyles with Physics

Keep in mind, I claim absolutely no credit other than the time it took to get them to work together without any issues and not conflict with the unofficial elderscrolls patch (actually, it's required).

The only requirements to make this work are: SKSE (latest), USKP, SKYUI, & RACEMENU everything else is in there for you.

I'm not stupid enough to put it on the Nexus, but I'm willing to share it with the community here via Mega or something if anyone wants it.  I feel as though your heads are less likely to explode and realize that I'm not trying to steal anyones work, just make it easier to access their work, lol.  Still, if you like the original mods, go to the nexus and endorse them.  Just lemme know by responding here... Don't message me.  I mean, unless you really feel the need to.

Opinion Warning

It's too personalised. SKSE, Immersive Animations, FNIS etc. is a base for everyone, but a lot of people don't use UNP, some people don't want asian women in their game, and the biggest issue, you have a lot of hi-res mods, some people (me for instance :dodgy: ) don't have the hardware for that.

A nice help, but only for a chosen few.

EDIT: where do you even get the JH mods from?

Without knowing it, it seemed that I had too many .esp files in my skyrim\data directory. Many of them not activated mind you, but Skyrim obviously has a limit on how much .esp files are allowed to sit there. Skyrim refused to load any kind of esm or esp - not even the DLCs - until I deleted some of the ones I don't use anymore. So, yeah, I know that feel.

Anyways, have you ever wanted to just reinstall Skyrim for a Fresh start (you can't remember everything you've installed, you broke your game, you are tired of your set up, you have two many plugins, the list goes on and on), but you don't want to go through the trouble of reinstalling all of your essential stuff (like the dozens of little mods that go along with body mods)?

there's no need to reinstall anything if you use mod organiser

the next step is that once your mo folder is a mess

359217ttt.jpg

ED ZACHARY!! :lol:

Just use MO and there won't be any good reason to reinstall. You can just start a new profile, activate the mods you want in it, then get to playing in a few minutes.

MO FTW!

I've seen on here that various people don't use MO it for this reason or that.  Either way, since there seems to be no interest, I'll just refrain from now.  Cheers.

I will say that one thing that MO does not do is combine mods to reduce your .esp list.  For example, I combined all of JK's city mods, plus the better entrances, better roads, various shop overhauls, etc in another single esp.  My game has somewhere upwards of 300+ mods installed, but I only have like 30-40 .esp files.  I understand that if you want this effect, you can merge files yourself, but some people have no idea what they're doing in TESVEDIT or in the CK for that matter.

And I'm not sure how many mods you all use, but if you saw my list on mod organizer a while ago, you'd understand why I occassionaly do fresh intalls because it becomes too much to manage even with that utility.. 

I understand that if you want this effect, you can merge files yourself, but some people have no idea what they're doing in TESVEDIT or in the CK for that matter.

I'd rather have a modest amount of mods than to have an overkill list.

There's a TES5edit script that does allow to merge mods, provided that its limitations are best understood (such as inability to merge navmeshes).

I've seen on here that various people don't use MO it for this reason or that.  Either way, since there seems to be no interest, I'll just refrain from now.  Cheers.

I will say that one thing that MO does not do is combine mods to reduce your .esp list.  For example, I combined all of JK's city mods, plus the better entrances, better roads, various shop overhauls, etc in another single esp.  My game has somewhere upwards of 300+ mods installed, but I only have like 30-40 .esp files.  I understand that if you want this effect, you can merge files yourself, but some people have no idea what they're doing in TESVEDIT or in the CK for that matter.

And I'm not sure how many mods you all use, but if you saw my list on mod organizer a while ago, you'd understand why I occassionaly do fresh intalls because it becomes too much to manage even with that utility.. 

With some mods you can just unzip them, manually put a few all together into one folder, zip them up and install them. I've done that myself several times.

Archived