can't see tails at all sadly, but I'll see if i can spot it while editing her. even if i have to do showracemenu 10 or so times...if we had a rotate hotkey in racemenu like for camera or actor then we'd see how to edit the back/tail/butt and thighs.

im also wondering if i replace the elin fox tail with the HDT physics Matera tail...would it work? I like that tail a lot and the collisions are really good! the elin fox tail is also good but seeing it somewhat static kinda saddens me a bit. I'll give it a try laterz...even if it's a copy and paste it'll match the fox elin pretty well.

I don't see why not. I use HTD Tails Wearable by the same author http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58165/?

Thanks for the reply man.

I wonder, would it be possible to use the Warpaint slider to apply the texture all over the body?

What I mean is, could the warpaints be changed to be all-over, and have the slider slide through the various textures.

You might be able to use the body texture, or face texture or hand texture as a warpaint slider option but the problem is that you'd only be able to do one, which mean the other two won't match and will put an awful strain on your Ram if you're using a large texture file as a mask on top of your base texture.

To add warpaint to the body, hands, and feet, you need to use RaceMenu's Overlay plugin.  If you are asking about adding the fur textures to the warpaint slider then that is impossible.  First off, warpaints are tintmasks that the game only applies to the face.  The fur textures are skins, not overlays, and cannot be selected via sliders.  The only way to change skin textures in-game is to use a system that specifically allows you to swap textures and body meshes.

The only one that does this is Body Change.  There is another, more robust body changer, but it does not change the textures for the head. 

• 2 weeks later...

What pose mod do you use? I'm starting up a little project with this texture mod in mind and I'd like to use your poser to show it off if I finish it.

I use Halo's Poser: http://mod.dysintropi.me/halos-poser-3-65/

The Pin-Up Poser mod DL is up top next to Halo's Poser.

I use both but Pin-Up Poser is more for single poses.

Halo's Poser is more for poses with NPC's/Followers.

What pose mod do you use? I'm starting up a little project with this texture mod in mind and I'd like to use your poser to show it off if I finish it.

Great, thanks. Do you think there are any poses in there that would look good with what I'm making now? :)

post-449818-0-12043800-1415762806_thumb.jpg

Great, thanks. Do you think there are any poses in there that would look good with what I'm making now? :)

That mesh looks great so far, especially the hooves. :shy:

There's a good handful of decent poses in the Standing Poses category but the Kneeling Poses category has some really great poses for animal like characters who maybe on the prowl or looking cautious or just soaking some sun and grazing in the field.

I would start cycling through the standing poses and then check out the kneeling next.

There's also some fun poses in the SNDS Pose list. They're essentially select freeze frames from some of the Syncronized Dance Animation mod popular dance moves.

I never found much in the ways of Action or Lying poses that suited my characters very well.

That mesh looks great so far, especially the hooves. :shy:

There's a good handful of decent poses in the Standing Poses category but the Kneeling Poses category has some really great poses for animal like characters who maybe on the prowl or looking cautious or just soaking some sun and grazing in the field.

I would start cycling through the standing poses and then check out the kneeling next.

There's also some fun poses in the SNDS Pose list. They're essentially select freeze frames from some of the Syncronized Dance Animation mod popular dance moves.

I never found much in the ways of Action or Lying poses that suited my characters very well.

Thanks, Bethesda made it. I just sliced the hind legs off a poor deer and molded it to fit the body :P

I couldn't get it to export for the longest time. I spent hours wracking my head trying to figure out what I did wrong. The reason? There were quads and tries in the same mesh and the nif plugin didn't like that. Oh well, everything is a learning experience, and I'm definitely learning.

Now I need to figure out how to rig the legs to a skeleton so that it shows up properly and doesn't crash the game.

Well it looks like the cute little hooved deer Elin will have to wait. I spent all day figuring out how to get everything done, and I had finally gotten the legs assigned vertex groups and weight painted and everything, only to get hit by this when I thought I had everything done:

post-449818-0-57390800-1415851469_thumb.jpg

It looks like importing nifs into Blender messes something up, because I couldn't import and export a working nif without getting a similar bone error. Either that or I did something wrong during importing and don't know about it. But aside from that, everything appears to be done except for texturing. I suppose I'll start learning UV mapping while I try to figure things out later.

Well it looks like the cute little hooved deer Elin will have to wait. I spent all day figuring out how to get everything done, and I had finally gotten the legs assigned vertex groups and weight painted and everything, only to get hit by this when I thought I had everything done:

attachicon.gif16476362.jpg

It looks like importing nifs into Blender messes something up, because I couldn't import and export a working nif without getting a similar bone error. Either that or I did something wrong during importing and don't know about it. But aside from that, everything appears to be done except for texturing. I suppose I'll start learning UV mapping while I try to figure things out later.

The first line error describes an extra bone matrix for NPC UpperarmTwist.

Are you trying to add hooves to the arms as well? Or is the skeleton as a whole just spazzing out the renderer and getting general error readings?

wow! hooved Elins! dude best of luck! Also, although im NOT a modder or anything i did think of something...like raptor feet for the argonians mod. although the fur goes up to the knees with hooves, would it still be more of a feet replacer that way? IF the hooves could work like that we'd have hooved dragonborns already but im thinking that's not the case since the fur on hooves go up past the ankles...meaning it replaces half the leg as well.

there are hooves on the nexus as wearable armor and the faun armor from trykz white faun race mod. anyway you can look at those and copy the code from them but add your mesh? then instead of armor have it act as a feet replacer instead like raptor feet? I need to get into modding myself so i could help out or try making my own stuff, i do have great idea's just not a lot of time for them sadly.

The first line error describes an extra bone matrix for NPC UpperarmTwist.

Are you trying to add hooves to the arms as well? Or is the skeleton as a whole just spazzing out the renderer and getting general error readings?

Well when I saw that I managed to figure that Blender was acting up because something was out of place or didn't belong. The thing is that I didn't touch that bone. What I did was import the body, import the legs I modified as a 3DS, and imported a feet nif so that I could get the bones, then joined those feet bones with the rest of the skeleton, then added groups and weights to the legs.

I also imported another nif from a mod that does what I'm trying to do, but I only used it as a reference for bone weights and vertex grouping and didn't take anything directly, and I deleted everything immediately afterward. At first I thought I have may left a very minor trace that would be causing the error, but I don't think that's the case.

I made new scenes and imported a few different other nifs and got very similar errors (the only difference was the specific bone pointed out) when I immediately tried to export them back out. I think it might be something that happens during either importing or exporting, but right now I'm completely stumped.

I don't mind sharing the .blend with anyone that wants to take a look. I think I reached my current limit, but considering that I only picked up Blender for the first time two and a half days ago, I'm impressed with how far I've gotten.

Here it is if anyone wants to take a look. Just for reference, the body is UNPB HDT.

Deer Legs.7z

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a really simple fix, like I needed to/shouldn't have clicked a button.

wow! hooved Elins! dude best of luck! Also, although im NOT a modder or anything i did think of something...like raptor feet for the argonians mod. although the fur goes up to the knees with hooves, would it still be more of a feet replacer that way? IF the hooves could work like that we'd have hooved dragonborns already but im thinking that's not the case since the fur on hooves go up past the ankles...meaning it replaces half the leg as well.

there are hooves on the nexus as wearable armor and the faun armor from trykz white faun race mod. anyway you can look at those and copy the code from them but add your mesh? then instead of armor have it act as a feet replacer instead like raptor feet? I need to get into modding myself so i could help out or try making my own stuff, i do have great idea's just not a lot of time for them sadly.

Thanks. It's just going to be an armor piece like the other mods, but it's designed specifically the Fur Elin (with UNPB) in mind. It's mostly because I personally want this, and for learning to use Blender with Skyrim. I'm definitely learning a lot.

As for using other mods, I don't think there's anything I can directly copy. I used one such mod as a reference, but that's it. As far as I know, all I need to do is get this error fixed, get the legs textured, and everything will be good to go. However, I'm a firm believer in Murphy's Law.

Also, I don't want to derail the thread, so have a picture.

post-449818-0-02164200-1415909980_thumb.jpg

post-449818-0-45570100-1415909982_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure which one I liked more. I like the angle of the second but the first one came out better because the hair physics isn't acting up.

Edit: Another one. Removed the horns on the cow ears because they were annoyingly unfitting. Nif is below if anyone wants it.

post-449818-0-64016900-1415911451_thumb.jpg

cowears.nif

\data\meshes\calyps\animal-ears

Thanks. It's just going to be an armor piece like the other mods, but it's designed specifically the Fur Elin (with UNPB) in mind. It's mostly because I personally want this, and for learning to use Blender with Skyrim. I'm definitely learning a lot.

As for using other mods, I don't think there's anything I can directly copy. I used one such mod as a reference, but that's it. As far as I know, all I need to do is get this error fixed, get the legs textured, and everything will be good to go. However, I'm a firm believer in Murphy's Law.

Also, I don't want to derail the thread, so have a picture.

attachicon.gifenb 2014_11_13 12_09_40_53.jpg

attachicon.gifenb 2014_11_13 12_09_54_00.jpg

I'm not sure which one I liked more. I like the angle of the second but the first one came out better because the hair physics isn't acting up.

Edit: Another one. Removed the horns on the cow ears because they were annoyingly unfitting. Nif is below if anyone wants it.

attachicon.gifenb 2014_11_13 12_36_40_92.jpg

attachicon.gifcowears.nif

\data\meshes\calyps\animal-ears

Thanks those are perfect for Reindeer/deer ears. now i need to go grab calyps mod....forgot about that mod *whoops* your trying to make those hooves HDT enabled or are they already and your getting a non-related error? 

As far as I've progressed my reindeer Elin she's a deadly little fire mage...i don't she'll be Christmas appropriate unless i get an Ice Mage setup for her instead..but then again if there's an evil snowmen mods i can combine that along with winter Skyrim then having her use fire would make sense.

Here is the latest installer containing the new Mouse textures.  JaFinmongrab will later upload it to the forum downloader.

attachicon.gifTEXTURES-5_Options_TeraElin2_Fur pack_v1-01.7z

Thanks again, PscyhoMachina!

I've uploaded the latest installer with the new Mouse texture added. You can downloaded it from my files: http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1463-fur-elin-race-2/

Deleted old version so there's no confusion.

Is there an adult version of these mods? It's great to play as an anthro fox or deer or what have you, but it doesn't work with Sexlab with no naughty bits, eh? Just curious if there's any plans to make nude versions.

Odds are, you won't see them on here, considering LL's general stance on the body type and nudity.

But it's very easy to edit them in NifScope to remove the underwear.

Plus..The creator of Elin Race(PsychoMachina) has already mentioned the Elin race is designed to not work with SexLab. (Though I'm sure some CK tweaking of your own could change that as well)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, gang!

running-turkey.gifHAPPY THANKSGIVINGrunning-turkey.gif

I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday.

I just dropped by to give a little progress report on a Chipmunk/Squirrel Elin.

Here's a preview of what the face will generally look like. I opted to try and make my own fur from scratch, rather than use stock photo-based textures. Overall, I don't think it came out too bad. Once I get the body in motion, there will undoubtedly be tweaks. I will probably darken some areas as well.

post-185244-0-51579600-1417145890_thumb.jpgpost-185244-0-24256900-1417145898_thumb.jpgpost-185244-0-45416900-1417145906_thumb.jpg

The texture is currently colored so only the lightness/darkness and saturation can be adjusted in the racemenu/ece. I'll mess around with a greyscale version this weekend to see how it looks in different colors.

Be safe, everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Woot! nice :)

I would need a CBBE version though. Apparently one of the textures has a watermark by KrittaKitty, any chance she has anything in the works in that quality level like the Lykaios 4K textures?

Also i wonder if this Elin-Fur Race could be made a Khajiit replacer?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...