[Help] Weight Painting + adding NPC Belly node to a Body?

ZigNewton

I've stumbled around in the dark with both 3DS Max and Blender, but I can't seem to get the weight color maps to even show up. There are plenty of clear-cut tutorials on weight painting armor/clothing, but apparently adding weights to bodies/bone nodes is completely different (unless it's not, and I'm just an idiot).

I'm sure there are things that I need to do with the skeleton, but I have no idea what, or how to do it.

Are there any decent tutorials on how to do this? Where do I start? How the flying hell do you guys poop out so many bodies with 100% functional pregnancy scaling with such ease?

This has nothing to do with editing skeletons themselves. I don't know how to ADD bones in Blender, as I've barely used it. I also never tried 3ds max yet.

But in Outfit Studio, you can load up the outfit (NIF), go to the bones tab, right-click -> add bone and choose the NPC Belly bone.

You can then select a shape in the shapes tab, followed by the bone in the bones tab and paint weights on the mesh.

If you really want to use Blender or 3ds max to paint weights and don't know how to add bones, use Outfit Studio to add the bone, export, and import into your preferred program.

This has nothing to do with editing skeletons themselves. I don't know how to ADD bones in Blender, as I've barely used it. I also never tried 3ds max yet.

But in Outfit Studio, you can load up the outfit (NIF), go to the bones tab, right-click -> add bone and choose the NPC Belly bone.

You can then select a shape in the shapes tab, followed by the bone in the bones tab and paint weights on the mesh.

If you really want to use Blender or 3ds max to paint weights and don't know how to add bones, use Outfit Studio to add the bone, export, and import into your preferred program.

Hm, looks like outfit studio break many weight paint on different bones and changed my body mesh position, but it is real to add bone with it. Maybe it would be real to copy weight paint from old body mesh to new one and just add weight paint to my new bone. Thank you for this information.

http://dragonwhore.wordpress.com/2014/05/23/how-to-create-pregnant-body-and-armor-mod-for-skyrim/

This is what I use to convert armor and outfits to allow for pregnancy. It also has a guide to creating pregnant bodies, but I haven't actually tried that yet. The guide for armor/clothing is excellent and really simple to use and works 98% of the time, so I heartedly recommend this guy. Comes with pictures even, which is really nice. Copy and past the link above.

http://dragonwhore.wordpress.com/2014/05/23/how-to-create-pregnant-body-and-armor-mod-for-skyrim/

This is what I use to converting armor and outfits to allow for pregnancy. It also has a guide to creating pregnant bodies, but I haven't actually tried that yet. The guide for armor/clothing is excellent and really simple to use and works 98% of the time, so I heartedly recommend this guy. Copy and past the link above.

Holy Mother of God, THANK YOU for this link!! I was toying around in Bodyslide thinking I could just figure it out, but I kept crashing the program, so whatever I was doing before couldn't have been what I was supposed to do. I don't know why I couldn't find something like this with my Google searches, but I'm glad someone did!

This is excellent, thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

I've been necro-posting a lot lately.

Alright so in light of the fact that Bodyslide 2 doesn't play well with Intel chips, I need to know how to do all of this without Bodyslide 2 since it keeps crashing.

If there's a NifSkope-Only method to doing this, I hope to know what it is. Until then, I'm going to stumble around and hope I figure it out.

Whichever comes first.
Any help is welcome...

Archived