First World Problems

Morgoth Bauglir

There will be blood in the streets!

I happen to agree, whoever decided that 2^8 was a good number for that kind of data type (whatever they used, I'm still not sure) was not thinking straight.

Why not 16 bits? Are we really pressed for storage space here? Are we going to run out of RAM if the program has to keep track of sixty-five thousand references?

Isnt there a way to combine certain esps? I mean as long as they are minor mods it shouldnt be a problem. I think thats what the bashed patch thing is. I try not to go over 200 though.

The Bashed Patch helps, but not a whole lot... for me, for example, it only combines 4 of my current mods.

I've gotten good results by finding out exactly how other mods work and making my own that does the same thing, essentially combining them manually.

There probably is an easier way, but I'm too lazy to find out how to save myself work. Yeah.

I've gotten good results by finding out exactly how other mods work and making my own that does the same thing, essentially combining them manually.

There probably is an easier way, but I'm too lazy to find out how to save myself work. Yeah.

I used this to merge all my single-armor mods: Merge Plugins xEdit Script.

I had never used TES5Edit in my life, and in fifteen minutes (twenty, counting download and installation time) I was already done and with 20+ free slots.

I had never used TES5Edit in my life, and in fifteen minutes (twenty, counting download and installation time) I was already done and with 20+ free slots.

Sounds like it would work perfectly, if only on armor and clothing mods.

How does it do on other mods? Like script-intensive ones, or mixed loose files and BSA ones, etcetera?

I mean, is there anything it just won't do, or anything that it might be dangerous to try to do?

Just used that other day so i'll chip in two cents.

bsa files have to be extracted, and everything has to be tested afterwards, even weapon and armor mods since with some it loses textures paths,i found i couldn't get bouncy bodices booties belts And stockings to keeps it's textures when merged no matter what, that said after two days of tearing apart all of my armor and clothing mods and recombining them i managed to get over 150 esp files down to 11, probably could've gone further but i sorted them by what they are, ie: weapons, dresses, heavy armor etc. didn't try merging quest mods but did manage to get some small things that weren't to go together without issue, cross racial features, female mannequins, run for your lives,little things like that

So really trial and error and an exercise in patience but well worth it if you're an armor and item hoarder

Oh, and wrye is really useful for tell you what's not going to merge before you try, so even if you find it irritating and a bit confusing lay out wise *raises hand* still helpful

My skyrim's broke :(  Dunno which mod it is.  I only have around 120, 250 would drive me bonkers

You said in another thread that it crashes on startup, right? Or was it loading a saved game?

You could try disabling them one at a time... a pain in the ass for 120-150 mods, but it's something.

Do it now, because every time you look at it broken like it is, you'll just say "nah too much work" and you'll never play Skyrim again. Your copy of Skyrim will get bored sitting around doing nothing. It will begin to watch you. To anticipate your movements. When you come home late, it'll need to know why. It will begin calling you at work, several times a day, keeping track of you.

Eventually, it will become so obsessed that one day, you'll wake up, tied to your bed with leather strips formed from a snow bear pelt. Skyrim will take you deep into the woods, in a little cabin it's parents (Fallout and Oblivion) took it to as a child. There it will keep you, gradually going more and more insane until it chops off your limbs with a rusty axe so you can't run away, so the two of you can spend eternity together with no distractions.

Or maybe you'll just uninstall and reinstall it. Whatever works.

Got 253 mods and from time to time i remove somewhich i don't use for while, so i can try out some new ones.

Im running now this build for 4+months but it starting to breake a little hehe

Im to stupid for merge ive tried few times but failed and gave up.

I do most manually install mods some through NMM.

So im content with 253 mods and i almost never crash but it seems some mods dont work anymore very strange and i get some fps drop lately.

So prolly soon a new build also gonne try new ENB anyway.

Sounds like it would work perfectly, if only on armor and clothing mods.

How does it do on other mods? Like script-intensive ones, or mixed loose files and BSA ones, etcetera?

I mean, is there anything it just won't do, or anything that it might be dangerous to try to do?

I wouldn't try it on scripted mods, but I've read about people successfully merging all (or most of) their Requiem Patches. I did it myself, but then 1.8 came out and I never tested them.

I wasn't aware there was a limit!

I remember reaching the limit in Oblivion and Fallout 3.

In those games, you'd get a message popped up that said not all mods are loaded and items may not appear... the standard message for disabling a mod's ESP mid-game. And then the results would depend on which of the other ones was kicked out of the array... Most of the time, instant CTD, but once in Fallout 3 it just teleported me to the middle of the map with nothing, reset my quests, and removed all items.

I once reached the limit in Skyrim, and it did something similar to Fallout 3.

After dealing with breaking things trying to revert finding it didn't work and then getting frustrated not playing skyrim for months until i get board delete everything and re-installed it new I was interested when i heard of this

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1334/?

I know it looks complicated and it may take some time to get everything to work the way you may have in the past but nothing is installed directly into your skyrim data folders and it occupies a sudo-Skyrim data folder which after the hour or so of settup to migrate all my mods over into the new mod manager now I can be alerted beforehand if something is going to fail.

And to be on topic with what has been going on in this thread if some of your skyrim mods are just basic fixes like for example "The skyrim brawl patch" you can disable the esp and the mod manager will still select the scripts to run essentially freeing a mod slot.

It may seem scary, intimidating, and new but once you get this i feel it is essentially the future for skyrim mods. And it only would take a little bit of a one time setup for everything to work. And if your wondering how this would work with bodyslide 2 and the fnis and skse the wiki which is on that nexus page literally had all my answers.

TL;DR Mod manager saves me from my skyrim heartaches

After dealing with breaking things trying to revert finding it didn't work and then getting frustrated not playing skyrim for months until i get board delete everything and re-installed it new I was interested when i heard of this

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1334/?

I know it looks complicated and it may take some time to get everything to work the way you may have in the past but nothing is installed directly into your skyrim data folders and it occupies a sudo-Skyrim data folder which after the hour or so of settup to migrate all my mods over into the new mod manager now I can be alerted beforehand if something is going to fail.

And to be on topic with what has been going on in this thread if some of your skyrim mods are just basic fixes like for example "The skyrim brawl patch" you can disable the esp and the mod manager will still select the scripts to run essentially freeing a mod slot.

It may seem scary, intimidating, and new but once you get this i feel it is essentially the future for skyrim mods. And it only would take a little bit of a one time setup for everything to work. And if your wondering how this would work with bodyslide 2 and the fnis and skse the wiki which is on that nexus page literally had all my answers.

TL;DR Mod manager saves me from my skyrim heartaches

A lot of people really like this. I haven't tried it, but really I haven't needed to yet... my games are stable enough I don't usually worry about it, and I don't (usually) have a problem creating new characters whenever a new mod or update comes out.

I have never tried merging script mods, I only merge armor mods/hair mods (cosmetics) that do not contain cells/worldspace etc. 

You can easily merge mods with the script on nexus for TES5Edit.

Video Tutorial => 

A few notes from the author: 

Q: EVERYTHING IS INVISIBLE OR PURPLY, MAN!
A: Extract the BSAs of the mods you merged. I talked about this in the "Tutorial" section.

Q: My hair's gone?! My armor's gone?! My weapons are gone?! My face is gone?!?! WHAAATTTT?!!!?!

A: When you merge plugins all the records associated with them are being moved to new 
FormIDs. That means all save games with references to the items from the mods you merged will 
have the items/objects removed. This is just the way the game works, there's nothing I can do 
about it. So say you merge your hair mods and you load a save game where you had a hair from 
one of those mods. You will be bald. It's no biggie though, just use showracemenu, find the hair, 
and save once you've fixed your depilation dilemma. Armors: add them back. Weapons/items: add 
them back. Face: uhh... o_o'? Generally speaking, however, it's probably best to start on a new 
save after merging hair/object/Leveled List/NPC outfit altering mods.

^ For those that run Skyre, this means you will have to run your reproccers again so that the new form IDs are recognized and are patched with the correct armor/damage values and the correct keywords are added so that they can be recognizes as nodachis/katanas/broadswords what have you. 

Q: Can I merge ESP patches into their master file?
A: This feature is being worked on, but it's rather complicated. I wouldn't try this unless you 
really know what you're doing.

Archived