Was hoping for a weekend update, now I have the sad :(

Check back this weekend. Now that the festive season is finally gone (I'm NOT a Grinch, I swear! D: ).

With me PC behaving now and having found some viable knowledge with shapekeys-n-complex meshes in Blender something might be doable.

If all else fails then at very least the models will simply swap from erection to flaccid and vice-versa.

I know, I know, it's not the most aesthetically pleasing option but at least it will be functional which is top goal.

Also, instead of messing around with .gifs I'll just do a screen capture (or cheat and film the dang thing with me mobile lol) and upload to youtube as a private video for all to see who access the link through this thread. (But still, thanks to FauxFurry for providing the info on how to make .gifs, surely to be of value down the line!)

yay! Can't wait, cause I need to play as a puppy with dem paws :P

Was hoping for a weekend update, now I have the sad :(

Check back this weekend. Now that the festive season is finally gone (I'm NOT a Grinch, I swear! D: ).

With me PC behaving now and having found some viable knowledge with shapekeys-n-complex meshes in Blender something might be doable.

If all else fails then at very least the models will simply swap from erection to flaccid and vice-versa.

I know, I know, it's not the most aesthetically pleasing option but at least it will be functional which is top goal.

Also, instead of messing around with .gifs I'll just do a screen capture (or cheat and film the dang thing with me mobile lol) and upload to youtube as a private video for all to see who access the link through this thread. (But still, thanks to FauxFurry for providing the info on how to make .gifs, surely to be of value down the line!)

yay! Can't wait, cause I need to play as a puppy with dem paws :P

And that fluffy tail.  :D

More spoilers.... Hair WIP... This is just one style, there are more braid options, less neck fur, more neck fur, mohawks, beads, earrings, ect.

I'm aiming at 5 distinct styles:

Full mane (past the shoulders, similar to this pic)

Short mane (just touches the shoulders)

Short hair (just frames the face and back of the head but doesnt reach the shoulders)

Long Mohawk (runs down the back and to middle spine)

Short mohawk

Then there are hair addons:

Front braids which lay over the shoulder

Single thick braid which runs down the spine

Fringe double braids

Fluffy fringe (runs from forehead to base of ear same as the braids below)

ponytail tufts (with clips)

Ponytail braid

Accesssories:

Assorted feathers (tied into hair)

Leather thonging strips + Beads

Hawk Skull clip

Earrings:

Silver loops

Silver round studs

Tufts of feathers

Beaded/silver pendant

Going to try and make some mustaches and beards too, but will see how that works before I promise anything :D

These hairstyles will be default for Lykaios, but I will also make a seperate standalone hair mod for Khajiit. You will be able to have a lion! (just a FYI, I'm making a Khajiit re-vamp mod to include my feet and fluffy tail meshes, and I'm also going to make a lion tail and bobcat tail mesh as optional files)

dFmDZg8.jpg

Trying my best to hurry with this! Sorry it's taking so long for the whole mod. But I want it to be uploaded as a FINISHED mod not a WIP and a series of updates. so It might be longer than expected....

BUT it will be epic!

More spoilers.... Hair WIP... This is just one style, there are more braid options, less neck fur, more neck fur, mohawks, beads, earrings, ect.

I'm aiming at 5 distinct styles:

Full mane (past the shoulders, similar to this pic)

Short mane (just touches the shoulders)

Short hair (just frames the face and back of the head but doesnt reach the shoulders)

Long Mohawk (runs down the back and to middle spine)

Short mohawk

Then there are hair addons:

Front braids which lay over the shoulder

Single thick braid which runs down the spine

Fringe double braids

Fluffy fringe (runs from forehead to base of ear same as the braids below)

ponytail tufts (with clips)

Ponytail braid

Accesssories:

Assorted feathers (tied into hair)

Leather thonging strips + Beads

Hawk Skull clip

Earrings:

Silver loops

Silver round studs

Tufts of feathers

Beaded/silver pendant

Going to try and make some mustaches and beards too, but will see how that works before I promise anything :D

These hairstyles will be default for Lykaios, but I will also make a seperate standalone hair mod for Khajiit. You will be able to have a lion! (just a FYI, I'm making a Khajiit re-vamp mod to include my feet and fluffy tail meshes, and I'm also going to make a lion tail and bobcat tail mesh as optional files)

dFmDZg8.jpg

Trying my best to hurry with this! Sorry it's taking so long for the whole mod. But I want it to be uploaded as a FINISHED mod not a WIP and a series of updates. so It might be longer than expected....

BUT it will be epic!

just how I like mah wolves, with beards and very butch like ;) lol

@ Boo. THere are only really a small number of vanilla styles which have open toes as far as I am aware. Artifex0 already has digitigrade versions of all the vanilla footwear, so I'm sure using that with this race will be enough, and saves me heaps of time in having to re-shape them all since it's already done! That means I only have to edit the few remaining open to footwraps and things.

I do still however need to edit alllllll of the headwear to fit the lykaios faces, but that will be an addon at a later date I think.

@ Boo. THere are only really a small number of vanilla styles which have open toes as far as I am aware. Artifex0 already has digitigrade versions of all the vanilla footwear, so I'm sure using that with this race will be enough, and saves me heaps of time in having to re-shape them all since it's already done! That means I only have to edit the few remaining open to footwraps and things.

I do still however need to edit alllllll of the headwear to fit the lykaios faces, but that will be an addon at a later date I think.

habe you tried the digifoot mode from steam? It covers Khajiit and Argonians with just about all footwear aside from most of the Dragonborn DLC from what I've found so far. You might find some helpful guidelines there. I don't know the authors name though :(

Is the shape right for your feet meshes though?

I had a look and it's pretty close in the shape and angle of the foot. The only problem I can see is that my lykaois feet are like giant paddles to balance out the weight of the body, and stretching the boot meshes that far will end badly I think. I'll see how it works out though, if needed I'm going to try making a custom slider to make things easier and faster if I feel I need to re-do the footwear rather than use what is available already.

Just in case, are you going to provide a "vanilla" foot option as well? Or perhaps a more plantigrade style foot mesh that wouldn't need to have close-toed boots reworked? Either way, I could probably help with footwear edits.

I've already got vanilla feet options with this race (it uses Femfeet meshes). I'll make the digitigrade feet default though because it is what the race 'should' have, but I'll put human feet as an option in the installer like I did with the current version.

What about something that uses the vanilla feet mesh? I always thought they looked alright on the khajiit. Either way, let me know if you need help for boot / shoe conversion. Also, I don't suppose you'd be interested in doing something similar for argonians. ;)

I want to thank KrittaKitty for working so hard on this! It is the first custom race mod that I have ever installed and looked forward to playing! Wolf races were the one thing missing from this game, and as they are probably my favorite animal, I'm in awe! I have a current playthrough now with a lykiaios male and a female lykaios follower that I created myself. They are the perfect race for rangers and hunters in my opinion.

I can't wait until they get the proper 'parts' down below, but for now I have a bit of a workaround with SOS and an addon for it.

What I'm really looking forward to is when you release these new hair meshes. I'll be able to update Vishka (That's my custom follower) with that hair and she'll look just awesome! (I'm a fan of the 'furry mane' look on them...)

Thanks again and I just want you to know that you've gained another fan!

What about something that uses the vanilla feet mesh? I always thought they looked alright on the khajiit. Either way, let me know if you need help for boot / shoe conversion. Also, I don't suppose you'd be interested in doing something similar for argonians. ;)

I'm sticking with fem-feet because I already have textures made for them :D And I'm getting lazy!

omfg... learning curve city! I often wonder what I've gotten myself into, then Kritta posts progress from her side of things and I have one of those 'oh jaaaa, let's do this!' moments XD

Anyway, the video above is where I'm currently at with animations/morph keys. A little more tedious than I thought and while it was relatively easy to pickup on, actually applying it was the tricky bit. There are several ways to go about doing this and I've yet to find 'the lazy way out' (aka the easy way lol) but just so it's known, progress is being made :)

Just long and tedious >.>;

For now I'm just working the basic shapes and may have to apply more keys to get the thing to move on a realistic/believable path rather than just b-lining downward which might cause clipping issues; I dunno, B3l would be the expert on that bit.

Once movement is taken care of then I'll refine the shapes abit. Who likes a nice wrinkly, floppy and tight sheath in all the right places!? :P

PS: Ja I cheated and captured video on my mobile! lol my mind is already racing with a multitude of things to be thinking too indepth on other things that don't deal with getting work done! Problem? Contact customer service! :P