CliftonJD Posted April 7, 2015 Posted April 7, 2015 Ah. What about an optional plugin? Also some mods are able to have compatibility fetures turn on only if another mod is installed without dependancies (like SD+ can with DLC and frostfall.) Looking at those could help. You could also consider adding an option to revive and enslave a freshly killed, non decaitated corpse with a healing potion or something. That might take too much effort or be too script intensive, but it's always annoying when you avoid killing the hot chick all battle only to killmove her from 40% health. he's talking bout the fear spell below cast fear on anybody and can instantly enslave them without combat I'm working on a new enslavement mechanic anyway (my testers caught a brief glimpse), so at some point that will be thing of the past (unless I feel evil and add a random chance for my planned mechanic to fail) Also you can always fall back on the "enslave when fleeing" mechanic...
Exaltedmidget Posted April 8, 2015 Posted April 8, 2015 I installed the RC, I can enslave but the sex options are doing nothing, not even frozen sex animations... if I click on a sex option the dialog closes and the game continues as normal if the slave was running away she just keeps running and I have to catch her again. please list what files I need I mite not have the right ones.
MidnaLeFay Posted April 8, 2015 Posted April 8, 2015 I installed the RC, I can enslave but the sex options are doing nothing, not even frozen sex animations... if I click on a sex option the dialog closes and the game continues as normal if the slave was running away she just keeps running and I have to catch her again. please list what files I need I mite not have the right ones. Try installing the standard build then install the RC build over it. The standard build contains files that the RC build requires.
Exaltedmidget Posted April 8, 2015 Posted April 8, 2015 I installed the RC, I can enslave but the sex options are doing nothing, not even frozen sex animations... if I click on a sex option the dialog closes and the game continues as normal if the slave was running away she just keeps running and I have to catch her again. please list what files I need I mite not have the right ones. Try installing the standard build then install the RC build over it. The standard build contains files that the RC build requires. that did the trick thanks... BTW I like the new sex related diolog options... now it they only said something back
MidnaLeFay Posted April 8, 2015 Posted April 8, 2015 BTW I like the new sex related diolog options I said the same thing when I saw them.
blabla11 Posted April 8, 2015 Author Posted April 8, 2015 Since DigitalSocrates disappeared, I need a new minion for one-line-dialogue.
MidnaLeFay Posted April 8, 2015 Posted April 8, 2015 My thrall started attacking me after I fed on her. Here is a log. Papyrus.0.log
Exaltedmidget Posted April 9, 2015 Posted April 9, 2015 My slaves are attacking each other do to friendly fire
CliftonJD Posted April 9, 2015 Posted April 9, 2015 My slaves are attacking each other do to friendly fire is this on a new game or installed over pre-existing game with paradise halls already running
Exaltedmidget Posted April 10, 2015 Posted April 10, 2015 My slaves are attacking each other do to friendly fire is this on a new game or installed over pre-existing game with paradise halls already running not a new game
blabla11 Posted April 10, 2015 Author Posted April 10, 2015 My thrall started attacking me after I fed on her. Run the GetInFaction stuff again on the thrall. My slaves are attacking each other do to friendly fire Which version are you running?
blabla11 Posted April 10, 2015 Author Posted April 10, 2015 I got two Paradise Halls in the mcm that normal? If you are running the RC and using MO, yes.
Exaltedmidget Posted April 10, 2015 Posted April 10, 2015 My slaves are attacking each other do to friendly fire Which version are you running? G and the new RC
blabla11 Posted April 10, 2015 Author Posted April 10, 2015 My slaves are attacking each other do to friendly fireWhich version are you running? G and the new RC Overwrite the RC file pahbootstrapscript.pex with the attached file and reboot PAHE with the MCM option. pahbootstrapscript.pex
wfowfo Posted April 10, 2015 Posted April 10, 2015 If I install new RC I get ctd at the start of the game. Without RC game works. What may cause this problem?
blabla11 Posted April 10, 2015 Author Posted April 10, 2015 If I install new RC I get ctd at the start of the game. Without RC game works. What may cause this problem? Probably Eta Carinae.
DirtieHippie Posted April 10, 2015 Posted April 10, 2015 Blabla11, I was wondering how much of the current script is the original creator's and how much is yours? I love the idea behind this mod, but to be honest the actual location of the paradise halls is kinda weak. A deep, crowded hole in the ground. Seriously every time I go there my slaves and I have to elbow our way down to the slaver. So I wanted to know how much of a dependency on the original there was if I started creating more locations (secret slaver markets, mines, farms, etc.)?
blabla11 Posted April 10, 2015 Author Posted April 10, 2015 Blabla11, I was wondering how much of the current script is the original creator's and how much is yours? I love the idea behind this mod, but to be honest the actual location of the paradise halls is kinda weak. A deep, crowded hole in the ground. Seriously every time I go there my slaves and I have to elbow our way down to the slaver. So I wanted to know how much of a dependency on the original there was if I started creating more locations (secret slaver markets, mines, farms, etc.)? I honestly can't tell anymore... But if you want to create locations (and attach scripts to those) you can call the original PAH functions to do your stuff. If you want to edit original scripts, we'll have to coordinate what you or I change so we don't create incompatibilities. (I added functions to the original scripts and I edited how the functions do things, but if you call an original PAH function, you will get the expected result, even if my scripts overwrite the originals)
DirtieHippie Posted April 10, 2015 Posted April 10, 2015 Fair enough. I don't think I'll delve too much into adding functions yet. Pretty noob here. But maybe a couple of locations to start. By the way how do people feel about new lands. Doesn't feel like Skyrim has much elbow room for new locations. I mean I can go to a bandit fort in some places and see another bandit fort down the road. Of course there is under ground, which is probably where a lot of the illicit slave trade would be.
blabla11 Posted April 10, 2015 Author Posted April 10, 2015 I have to admit, since I started this for me I never cared about compatibility (up to a certain point, but refactoring all this stuff now is a huge pain) But if you want to add functions (for your mod) it's probably best to make a new quest, attach a script to it and extend that from whatever original script you want to edit. That way you can call your functions (instead of pahcore you call hippiepahcore), use whatever original functions you leave untouched and I can keep my dirty way of editing the original I've thought about more locations to sell slaves (it's buried somewhere in this thread) and if I remember correctly it came down to Mistwatch & East Empire Company as lore friendly locations. But again it's not my expertise since I'm pretty much pure code monkey and really poor at making levels/spaces and such. So I haven't really touched that yet
DirtieHippie Posted April 10, 2015 Posted April 10, 2015 Thanks for the suggestions about functions. Those are pretty good locations to start. Well see. You just need someone to make some places to take advantage of your code.
blabla11 Posted April 10, 2015 Author Posted April 10, 2015 My code doesn't handle selling at all, that's all still original. Only thing I added is releasing the slaves (and I can't remember how I did that... probably with a package) Here's where the locations first came up
CliftonJD Posted April 10, 2015 Posted April 10, 2015 My slaves are attacking each other do to friendly fire is this on a new game or installed over pre-existing game with paradise halls already running not a new game old games with paradise halls had that issue, by continuing this from 1 of those games the original paradise halls scripts are unchanged, you'd need to go back to original modder for those issues to fix that using the addon you need to sell your slaves then remove both mods, save it and reinstall or search the thread for re-install instructions My thrall started attacking me after I fed on her. Run the GetInFaction stuff again on the thrall. My slaves are attacking each other do to friendly fire Which version are you running? i think you have instructions here for how to reinstall the 2 mod without losing slaves
Pinute Posted April 11, 2015 Posted April 11, 2015 East Empire sounds like a great place to sell slaves. Mistwatch, though - does SD+ still make use of that place?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.