[3ds Max] Skeleton Controller Rigs - Draugr v0.13.2 (2015-09-22)

That's impressive btw :)

During a manic modding phase. Not very healthy

Is it? That's bad news because I've based my entire skinning on scaling of this bone for the anal area.  It works great in 3d studio max actually. Let me go with it and let's see how it works in game, Canderes said it would be fine, it was actually his idea.

I checked some other posts and people said scaling works in game.  What problems have you heard of?

The tutorial didn't show how to do scaling through attribute so I can't help much. Maybe replace instances of euler xyz with scale?

Sure, scaling works in game. Scaling through animation is something else. Before you commit too much, try to animate scale on the bone and see if it gets the results you expect in game. Not to mention non uniform scaling at that.

Although it might work in your case. I may be thinking of nodes with children. I'd be interested in your results.

Bone: NPC R Finger22 [RF22] - Last bone on the middle finger

Animation - YScale from 0 to 3100 - ZScale from 0 to 3000

DID NOT WORK

Bone: NPC R Finger21 [RF21] - Middle bone on the middle finger

Animation - YScale from 0 to 3100 - ZScale from 0 to 3000

WORKED

The ZScale worked, but why didn't the YScale have an affect? That part of the finger should be wider in addition to longer.

4j6ow1.jpg

In my case the NPC Anus Sides bone would be connected to NPC Pelvis, does that mean I have to add a bone before NPC Anus Sides and animate that one?

Basically, scale animate the parent?

I made another post here looking for more feedback - http://www.loverslab.com/topic/45540-is-it-possible-to-animate-using-non-uniform-scaling-of-a-bone/?p=1139125

In my case the NPC Anus Sides bone would be connected to NPC Pelvis, does that mean I have to add a bone before NPC Anus Sides and animate that one?

Basically, scale animate the parent?

I made another post here looking for more feedback - http://www.loverslab.com/topic/45540-is-it-possible-to-animate-using-non-uniform-scaling-of-a-bone/?p=1139125

If you scaled the parent, you'd get results similar to your screenshot. Unless that's the kind of scaling you want. SOS got around this issue by using script based scaling. Not sure about SAM.

Your results are consistent with this post.

SOS has scaling baked into its actual skeleton animation for erect animations. (i.e. fasterect, slowerect, bend 1-9)

The scripted scaling is just to choose an overall genital size in MCM.

I have gotten a scaling animation working in-game,...but you may not be able to scale endpoint bones like you are suspecting. Adding a Butt Side01 after the main butt side bone would be my first move if the scaling wont export or work in skyrim using scaling transforms on a endpoint bone.

Also treep, about  adding a tongue to animate, its gonna be tricky.   I've been looking into it, and you'll need single axis scaling on it to animate it sticking out the mouth,...also gonna need to link it to an MFG animation to have the mouth open during tongue animations. 

Theres already a tongue mesh inside the mouth mesh used during MFG animations in-game, already texture mapped. Just need to add a bone chain off npc head and paint the weights on the tongue mesh.

Maybe you could make one for Paired animations as well , I will upload the Converted Paired Animation Rig Which I use in Blender, I managed to Bring it to max and export a human-human paired animation 

post-8713-0-54700300-1428649169_thumb.jpg TO post-8713-0-92947300-1428649173_thumb.jpg

Just No IK, it follows the same principle of the Tutorial here , Its just that the bodies are rigged

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49311/?

Will Upload it this weekend Lets see 

Cheers

Animations have far more unknowns variables than papyrus scaling, also other stuff that might fuck it, ex. different rig map, defaults in them.

Also animation can also only scale uniform, havok just exports one scale to the default, not 3. The pictures looks more as a moved bone not as a scaled bone.

Btw we have morphs now if you wanna do a tongue use morphs, is like ten times easier than using animation and papyrus for it. If you wanna hdtify it later you can attach a collision to the shout bone or so.

Also animation can also only scale uniform, havok just exports one scale to the default, not 3. The pictures looks more as a moved bone not as a scaled bone.

Thanks groov, you saved me a lot of time.  I did some research to confirm.

Havok supports non-uniform scale in animation however Gamebryo does not, this means any animation exported to the Gamebryo format may lose information when this is present.

This means I can only use bone scaling for animation on a single axis which I can still work with fortunately.

Btw we have morphs now if you wanna do a tongue use morphs, is like ten times easier than using animation and papyrus for it. If you wanna hdtify it later you can attach a collision to the shout bone or so.

Do you have any more information to get started on getting morphs to work?

Not sure how 3dmax has option but normally in blender if you want to make use of scaling it is better to use drivers. That way it is internal blender itself that calculate the scaling for you accordingly.

I assigned a ScaleXYZ driver to the middle finger bone, but only one axis ended up working.

Do you have any more information to get started on getting morphs to work?

Annoy cellery and blabbara how to do tri files, the rest is just making calls with nioveride or chargen depending how you make it in the end.

Maybe you could make one for Paired animations as well , I will upload the Converted Paired Animation Rig Which I use in Blender, I managed to Bring it to max and export a human-human paired animation

post-8195-0-68029800-1428714550_thumb.jpg

Can you provide the rig file and havok filters? I've left both skeletons at the origin.

3DS2009 XPMS 1-6 T-POSE_Controller Rig_F+M (Paired)_v0.13_EXPERIMENTAL.7z

Personally, I'm staying away from paired anims. I worked with them before and was trying to break them apart. Didn't like that you couldn't maintain individual scales.

I took a look at your rig. Besides body meshes and 3rd person cam, what are the differences from Kentington's?

There is no Difference, other than those mentioned ,

You can also look at the Examples for the animation for Animated Cam , if the cam is not animated the person will be in 3rd person mode during the Animation and cam will not be animated. it will stay there till the animation is complete.

Best is to move both  3rd person cams to the side the FOV facing the Actors to give it a 2d'ish side view

The 3rd Person Camera MESH (FOV) originally faces down and is located very close to the head bone, The Only the object had to be Adjusted to get the camera mesh right Basically the Field of View , With this Adjusted one can get a pretty decent approximation of what will come in the Animated CAM Frame with the KM or Paired animation is played

Without the Animated Cam it Should also work in 3d Person as Normal , But It will stay there Static.

In those Examples provided, I have key framed the 3rd person CAM in 3dsMax Only, And Using FNIS there has never been an issue when running it as a spell it plays as it does in Max 

Cheers

SOS has scaling baked into its actual skeleton animation for erect animations. (i.e. fasterect, slowerect, bend 1-9)

I have gotten a scaling animation working in-game,...but you may not be able to scale endpoint bones like you are suspecting. Adding a Butt Side01 after the main butt side bone would be my first move if the scaling wont export or work in skyrim using scaling transforms on a endpoint bone.

Can you tell me how you got that scaling animation working in game? Is it the SOS animations or another animation? Maybe I can ask that animator why I'm having trouble.

I can't scale animat the two custom bones that I've added, although they rotate just fine via animation.

Structure

NPC Pelvis ---> NPC Anus Bottom Parent ---> NPC Anus Bottom

SUCCESS: I've added two custom bones to skeleton.nif, skeleton.hkx and can animate them via rotation with no problems.

SUCCESS: I can scale animate the NPC R Finger22 [RF22] by scaling it's parent bone NPC R Finger21 [RF21].

PROBLEM: I can't get NPC Anus Bottom Parent or NPC Anus Bottom bone to animate via scaling in game.

What's the difference between NPC R Finger21 [RF21] and my custom bone that I added NPC Anus Bottom Parent?

In the skeleton.hkx I made sure NPC Anus Bottom Parent has it's locktranslation set to true just like the middle finger parent bone.

I've tried false and true, but neither work.

<hkobject>
                    <hkparam name="name">NPC Anus Bottom Anim</hkparam>
                    <hkparam name="lockTranslation">true</hkparam>
                </hkobject>
                <hkobject>
                    <hkparam name="name">NPC Anus Bottom</hkparam>
                </hkobject>   

These are the quaternion positions of the two bones I added.  The first is the position/rotation of NPC Anus Bottom Parent.  The second is NPC Anus Bottom

(0.000002 -5.720174 -5.978043)(-0.217978 0.672671 -0.217978 0.672670)(1.000000 1.000000 1.000000)
(0.000002 -5.720174 -5.978043)(-0.217978 0.672671 -0.217978 0.672670)(1.000000 1.000000 1.000000)

I even tried adding my two custom bones to:

<hkparam name="unmappedBones" numelements="83">
                        0 1 2 3 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
                        23 27 30 33 34 37 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
                        50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
                        66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81
                        82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97
                        98 115 116
                    </hkparam>

I also tried using "Bake Scale" on Havok export.

I wonder if there is a difference between NPC R Finger21 [RF21] bone and my custom bone NPC Anus Bottom Parent in 3d studio max?

Okay I figured it out. 

I redid everything from scratch and this time I made three bones to control a single part of the mesh.

(Notice preAss on the right)

1zclogp.jpg

I scale animated NPC PreAss and it successfully scale animated NPC Ass, BUT the scale animation only works on a single axis.  The NPC PreAss bone points towards X so it only scales on the X axis.   The Middle Finger bone points towards the Z so it only scales along the Z axis.  Weird huh? 

I'm not explaining it correclty so here is the screenshot:

k4fltd.jpg

Well the good news it works now, and I think its' because I need three bones total.

UPDATE: I was also able to scale animate the NPC PreAss0 bone but only on the X axis.

Can you tell me how you got that scaling animation working in game? Is it the SOS animations or another animation? Maybe I can ask that animator why I'm having trouble.

I can't scale animat the two custom bones that I've added, although they rotate just fine via animation.

Structure

SUCCESS: I've added two custom bones to skeleton.nif, skeleton.hkx and can animate them via rotation with no problems.

SUCCESS: I can scale animate the NPC R Finger22 [RF22] by scaling it's parent bone NPC R Finger21 [RF21].

PROBLEM: I can't get NPC Anus Bottom Parent or NPC Anus Bottom bone to animate via scaling in game.

What's the difference between NPC R Finger21 [RF21] and my custom bone that I added NPC Anus Bottom Parent?

In the skeleton.hkx I made sure NPC Anus Bottom Parent has it's locktranslation set to true just like the middle finger parent bone.

<hkobject>
                </hkobject>
                <hkobject>
                </hkobject>   

These are the quaternion positions of the two bones I added.  The first is the position/rotation of NPC Anus Bottom Parent.  The second is NPC Anus Bottom

98 115 116
                    </hkparam>

I wonder if there is a difference between NPC R Finger21 [RF21] bone and my custom bone NPC Anus Bottom Parent in 3d studio max?

Okay I figured it out. 

I redid everything from scratch and this time I made three bones to control a single part of the mesh.

(Notice preAss on the right)

1zclogp.jpg

I scale animated NPC PreAss and it successfully scale animated NPC Ass, BUT the scale animation only works on a single axis.  The NPC PreAss bone points towards X so it only scales on the X axis.   The Middle Finger bone points towards the Z so it only scales along the Z axis.  Weird huh? 

I'm not explaining it correclty so here is the screenshot:

k4fltd.jpg

Well the good news it works now, and I think its' because I need three bones total.

UPDATE: I was also able to scale animate the NPC PreAss0 bone but only on the X axis.

Structure

<hkobject>
                </hkobject>
                <hkobject>
                </hkobject>   

98 115 116
                    </hkparam>

It was an SOS animation.  I used the rig I sent you with the helper nodes for genitalbase and 1-6 + genitalbase.

I took a genital animation for an actor and saved the animation for the genital bones,...then opened up that helper rig and loaded the animation.

I could scale all the genital bones by exporting just those bones and replacing a current SOS animation such as SOSslowerect.

then in game player.sae sosslowerect would play the new scaling animation. 

however this is a modular animation in the auxbones folder. Its not part of the main skeleton.hkx. 

It was a uniform scale on all axis.

If I try that on a non-SOS animation, HCT wont even let me export it,...but I haven't tested it beyond one time on one bone.  Also didn't try scaling specific axis.  All I did was uniform scaling.

You can try to get in touch with Smurf or Vectorplexus. 

If you can get in contact with Smurf im sure you'd get the answers you're looking for.

Also,...Fore may know about scaling animation in skyrim.

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering to you pro's to 3dmax does 3dmax currently have anything like blender like shortcut keys to move, rotate bones with simple key press ?? i find it very hard to navigate in 3dmax.

W, E, R = Move, Rotate, Scale

I think you can customize most of the key binds too

I think it is not the key persee that makes it difficult for me. what does the thing around the reticle means when you press move, rotate ?? especially the yellow part i think that is what makes it currently more difficult for me to move around the scene in 3dmax, in blender i just use key press up, down, left and right to move along the scene, also when i press r i can move with just the mouse alone do i need to press something or keep something pressed to move around ??

• 4 weeks later...

I need to come and say (if I haven'talready) thank for these rigs. Animating with them is soo much easier. I need to look at how to rig for future reference. i tried to do aniamting on the Draugr just by using the bones and I swear It took me about an hour just to align the positions! -_-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

How do you make the skeleton revert back to the default T pose? I tried right clicking and looking for the transform 0 option, but it's not there. Using max version 2012.

If you did it with an animation, just delete all the keys in all the animation frames.