Sex animations.

What is happening ? Why is there stil no real Sex Mod ? Why is there no progress ?

You're welcome to dive in and write one yourself if progress is too slow. It's easy right? No reason it should take this long.

I think he was asking because he was confused on the progress. Previously it had been announced that the workaround or the way to make the animations was found, and after that he (and I as well) didn't notice any more comment on the subject in terms that people without programming skills could comprehend. Even I myself with some basic programming skills in a couple languages am having trouble interpreting where the progress is :) Not trying to be rude or rush anyone, I'm just also curious about how it is going. =D Keep up the good work! :heart:

What is happening ? Why is there stil no real Sex Mod ? Why is there no progress ?

You're welcome to dive in and write one yourself if progress is too slow. It's easy right? No reason it should take this long.

I think he was asking because he was confused on the progress. Previously it had been announced that the workaround or the way to make the animations was found' date=' and after that he (and I as well) didn't notice any more comment on the subject in terms that people without programming skills could comprehend. Even I myself with some basic programming skills in a couple languages am having trouble interpreting where the progress is :) Not trying to be rude or rush anyone, I'm just also curious about how it is going. =D Keep up the good work! :heart:

[/quote']

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am not making any progress because I'm not working on it right now. Been busy with real life stuff, just back to LL today after a hiatus of about 2 weeks, and have a backlog of SexoutNG stuff to do. I'm holding off any work on Bluesky anyway until I have finished the changes I need to make to FOMM to support Skyrim.

Others may be making progress. The foundation is there now as I understand, it's just cumbersome (and IMHO 'wrong'). Also this is just the first step in making *animations work*.

The entire task of actually writing a *mod* is something different, but progress on this front was stalling any progress on the other. There is an entirely new scripting language and game structure to comprehend, SKSE functions to write, and on and on.

Yep, many of us are waiting to see what the basic system evolves to before we start making Plugins. And we are also busy enough on more solid stuff, could waste a lot of time writing plugins to suit what we have now then have to rewrite it, only months later.

i know this is probably a dumb question, but has anyone tried contacting Bethesda and asking them to release the havoc tools everyone needs? it seems kind of like an oversight on their part to leave something like that out when it effects so many different mods, so maybe if someone asks really nice...:angel:

I believe there is some copyright issue in there somewhere...

Licensing' date=' not copyright.

They didn't pay the appropriate licensing fees to havok to release the toolkit with the game. That said, there is no excuse for them not supporting much more than they do right now. For example they could release the "source" to all the behaviors as well as more functionality in the [s']geck[/s] CK to support adding new behaviors easily, without actually releasing the havok tools "required" to create them.

In my opinion there is also the fact that sexmods are bad publicity... The licensing issue, may be true, but it's convenient for them to keep it that way... Also except for the anim parts, skyrim is still pretty good when it comes to modding so it's clearly not an oversight... Ah well, it'll take time... But the game is still fun even without sex mod so we can wait...

As for fucking a dragon, it's more likely the dragon would use you has a dildo... 0 : )

In my opinion there is also the fact that sexmods are bad publicity... The licensing issue' date=' may be true, but it's convenient for them to keep it that way... Also except for the anim parts, skyrim is still pretty good when it comes to modding so it's clearly not an oversight... Ah well, it'll take time...

[/quote']

"clearly not an oversight"? Clearly to whom? There are plenty of modders out there not making sex mods that are being affected by this. It's "impossible" to add any new animations to any actor. This is not just sex mods, this is animations for new weapons, spells, activities, 'sexy walks', etc.

But the game is still fun even without sex mod so we can wait...

If you say so.. ;)

"clearly not an oversight"? Clearly to whom? There are plenty of modders out there not making sex mods that are being affected by this. It's "impossible" to add any new animations to any actor. This is not just sex mods, this is animations for new weapons, spells, activities, 'sexy walks', etc.

An oversight imply it's not intended... I still think it was a choice rather an error... I won't go as far as to say it is a conspiracy against sex mod. But inaction about it is still a convenient way to deal with it... The fact it affect more than sex mod, doesn't change this...

If you say so.. ;)

Yep, and sex mods make it even better XD

"clearly not an oversight"? Clearly to whom? There are plenty of modders out there not making sex mods that are being affected by this. It's "impossible" to add any new animations to any actor. This is not just sex mods' date=' this is animations for new weapons, spells, activities, 'sexy walks', etc.[/quote']

An oversight imply it's not intended... I still think it was a choice rather an error... I won't go as far as to say it is a conspiracy against sex mod. But inaction about it is still a convenient way to deal with it... The fact it affect more than sex mod, doesn't change this...

There is one big point besides licensing/copyright of Havok's Behavior Tools. And that's moddability.

The way behavior files in common, and Skyrim's behaviors in particular are set up, they are not supporting modding at all. They are big chunks of information, split into a few files, but still managing hundreds of animations and thousands of states in one file. If one modder changes/adds one animation in one file, he automatically is incompatible with EVERY other animation mod changing this file.

So what should Beth do (even if there was no liciensing issue)? Open their tools for the common public? With all those thousands (almost noob) modders ready to jump on, and make modifications which would lead to incompatibility desaster all over the modding world?

So, given the facts, and as strange as it may sound, but it's in the best of the modding comunity, when these tools are not published. And leave it to the few hard-core modders, which are one day able to make comprehensive combat, sex, magic, ... mods, and are able to communicate with one another, so that incompatibilities are not too severe.

So I can't blame Beth for not releasing their tools and data. I can only blame them for 2 things:

• Using a non-moddable system like Havok, instead of developing something better themselves. But considering progress, man-power, and budget, this was probably unavoidable
  • Being so unfrank til today, claiming they were producing the greatest moddable game everand simply not saying te truth about non-moddable game features.

"clearly not an oversight"? Clearly to whom? There are plenty of modders out there not making sex mods that are being affected by this. It's "impossible" to add any new animations to any actor. This is not just sex mods' date=' this is animations for new weapons, spells, activities, 'sexy walks', etc.[/quote']

There is one big point besides licensing/copyright of Havok's Behavior Tools. And that's moddability.

The way behavior files in common, and Skyrim's behaviors in particular are set up, they are not supporting modding at all. They are big chunks of information, split into a few files, but still managing hundreds of animations and thousands of states in one file. If one modder changes/adds one animation in one file, he automatically is incompatible with EVERY other animation mod changing this file.

So what should Beth do (even if there was no liciensing issue)? Open their tools for the common public? With all those thousands (almost noob) modders ready to jump on, and make modifications which would lead to incompatibility desaster all over the modding world?

So, given the facts, and as strange as it may sound, but it's in the best of the modding comunity, when these tools are not published. And leave it to the few hard-core modders, which are one day able to make comprehensive combat, sex, magic, ... mods, and are able to communicate with one another, so that incompatibilities are not too severe.

So I can't blame Beth for not releasing their tools and data. I can only blame them for 2 things:

• Using a non-moddable system like Havok, instead of developing something better themselves. But considering progress, man-power, and budget, this was probably unavoidable
  • Being so unfrank til today, claiming they were producing the greatest moddable game everand simply not saying te truth about non-moddable game features.

But didn't their beta preview show new animations and kill moves though? So obviously it can't be that hard, and we could probably crack the system without breaking it.

And I kinda like Havock behaviors and how they are used.

And I think the reason they don't want the game features modified would probably break the game if we are not careful.

I don't buy it.

All the previous games are easy as hell to completely break with the included modding tools' date=' as is skyrim. Not including tools because it makes it too easy to break the game is a nonstarter.

[/quote']

True, dialogue in Morrowind was scary, but the tools was not included because of licensing issues.

We also miss an decent nif to 3d studio max exporter, in short the; this is an dark plan to stop adult mods don't hold much water.

However it's a bit strange that nobody has access to the Havoc animation software.

Think the interest should be large enough that it was downloadable from pirate pages.

Asune it's some special plug-in to run havoc against the creation engine and this is also licensed same issue as for 3d models but harder.

However it's a bit strange that nobody has access to the Havoc animation software.

Think the interest should be large enough that it was downloadable from pirate pages.

This is not strange. For all non-Skyrim users of HBT there are freely available versions to be downloaded. Skyrim requires an elderly version of HBT, I think it's 2010.2. And this was the last NON-free version of HBT, and still is. THAT IS strange, isn't it?

People familiar with HBT say, that the data structures between different HBT versions has changed drastically.

But if you hope for a torrent version of 2010.2 ... forget it, doesn't help us a bit.

Because as input for HBT you need an .hkp (project file), you can't read .hkx behavior files. .hkx are a GAME-SPECIFIC subset of the .hkp files, probably generated by a Beth specific HBT plugin. And Beth hasn't released either one, not .hkp project files, not the plugin.

Maybe emailing them or creating some kind of petition thread on their forums would get them to release them. I've searched the official forums and i don't see much mention of it, and only a few on other modding sites asking about it.

Many other mods are effected by it (Umpa's dance animations, idle pose mods) that it seems like it would be beneficial to everyone and not just adult mods.

Here's something else i did find on the Bethesda forums' date=' it's probably old news to everyone here though. http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1359625-relz-tutorial-adding-custom-idle-animations-and-poses/

Not new to mew. This tutorial covers "Adding new animations through Fore's modified behavior files and (Artisanix') Director's Tools esm as a base".

Now guess who is "Fore"? :D

I suggest you just click into "Fore's New Idles in Skyrim- FNIS". The link is in my signature.

Guest Donkey

not a chance.. it took lovers with pk about 2/5 year before the first one came out named xLovers another 2/5 year to get lovers with pk to where it is now.