Sex animations.

If you could give me those Umpa/Seph ports, I could add them to the initial setup. Usually Umpa and Seph don't put restrictions on their work.

I included about 9 fight animations (5 from Seph, 4 from UmpaArts) to try out in Skyrim animation mods. Not all of the anims could be converted (most were) as some had feet stuck in torsos. I don't know how to adjust this stuff yet. Static poses from those like Lera and Pizz would not load into Max, and kept getting an Improper Format error, but that's probably me being a noobie with the niftools importer. I'll figure that out soon enough. xD

FYI to others, the actual guide to convert Oblivion KF's into Skyrim .hkx is from RSV, which is in Russian. (Look for the link to the "Exporter Files" where RSV was nice enough to set up .max files and a Havok Tools config file to load in the HCT plugin)

http://casualmods.net/index.php/tes-v-skyrim/eksport-animatsii

FYI to others' date=' the actual guide to convert Oblivion KF's into Skyrim .hkx is from RSV, which is in Russian. (Look for the link to the "Exporter Files" where RSV was nice enough to set up .max files and a Havok Tools config file to load in the HCT plugin)

http://casualmods.net/index.php/tes-v-skyrim/eksport-animatsii[/size']

If this is any use, I found this kit for converting between .hkx and .kfs, (for import/export using Blender), on SKUP. I have posted my translation of the readme in that post too.

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=5449

Haven't got round to trying it yet, so if any guineapigs want to give it a shot and let me know what happens.......:D

If you could give me those Umpa/Seph ports' date=' I could add them to the initial setup. Usually Umpa and Seph don't put restrictions on their work. [/quote']

I included about 9 fight animations (5 from Seph, 4 from UmpaArts) to try out in Skyrim animation mods. Not all of the anims could be converted (most were) as some had feet stuck in torsos. I don't know how to adjust this stuff yet. Static poses from those like Lera and Pizz would not load into Max, and kept getting an Improper Format error, but that's probably me being a noobie with the niftools importer. I'll figure that out soon enough. xD

FYI to others, the actual guide to convert Oblivion KF's into Skyrim .hkx is from RSV, which is in Russian. (Look for the link to the "Exporter Files" where RSV was nice enough to set up .max files and a Havok Tools config file to load in the HCT plugin)

http://casualmods.net/index.php/tes-v-skyrim/eksport-animatsii

Thanks, Tee. I'm not going to make a any conversions, just use them as examples for a animation replacer setup.

If you have problems with distorted animations, then it's most likely an error in the niftools when importing your skeleton. Scale and skew in most bones are screwed up. To fix it, you have to go through every bonee of your setup, and with the bone tools reset scale and skew (so they are 1.0 again). But DO NOT use the 3rd button (something like "re-align").

But I'm not sure if I will need continue my work on replacer strategies. I just read a post forum from the creator of the hkxcmd, which made me stop all work on work-around attempts.

FROM THE BETHESDA FORUM:

Just a heads up' date=' I've made some major progress with reading the havok behavior files. This includes decrypting the complete list of classes that are custom for Bethesda. In theory that means read/writing the custom files which should enable custom animation. Not promising timelines but if things continue going this well then I should have a release late this weekend.

Also looking into fore's issue with animation timing being slightly off. Fixing that is hampered by updates to the nif.xml from niftools team which is leading to files that are not valid but again hopefully by this weekend. Bad news is that I'm not going to be able to convert files backward to previous releases. (Such as 2011.3 to 2010.2 or 2010.2 to 6.6 which the former would be useful for people using Max 2012 and the later for potential use of Havok Behavior Tool. Not completely infeasible but still quite a bit of work I think to get it right.

[/quote']

This is so unbelievable ....... :D:D:D:D:D

Hi Guys,

i have a small question with 3dsMax and Skyrim animations.

i can create an animation etc, but it looks like skyrim needs for every frame a seperate key (dont know if there is another way, but if you only set a few key the obvious reaction happends : it looks clipped of) so if i create a 700 frame long animation i would have to klick 700 times the 'setkey'-button.

im really sure there have to be another way, like 'calculate unset keys automaticly' or something like that, but i cant find a tutorial for that.

also i only understand the half of all english posts - im a bit helpless :/

regards

Look at the max help files for saving/loading animations. I'm playing with the same thing right now because the nif/kf plugins, don't like ik solvers. You can just save the entire animation, load it again, and map the current bones with the bones from animations you made originally. The advantage is that ticks are set for all frames. Even with this though, getting rid of the solvers doesn't fix the export problem, but atleast it generates keys inbetween transformations. If I could get one of these animations to cooperate with the skeleton it would be fairly simple to generate some really good character animations.

Well, since this thread started

• We've discovered how to add animations to the game by replacing in-game idles
  • We've found out that you can switch races so the idles don't break non-sex animations
  • We've found a way to swap races on the fly so we can make use of the above
  • The hkxcmd guys have announced that they've cracked the havok behaviour file formats and we should soon be able to build our own behaviour graphs and have animations that work properly in game - release expected later this day.

But apart from all that ... nothing worth mentioning.

Eh' date=' release expected later this day? where did you learn of that?

And where will the stuff be once finished? Posted here?

[/quote']

Well, first of all, earlier in this thread as reported by fore.

Secondly, the same place fore found it out.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1336657-rel-havok-animation-converter-thread-2/page__st__90__p__20380875#entry20380875

Which is probably the place to look for further news.

Oh, and you're welcome.

• The hkxcmd guys have announced that they've cracked the havok behaviour file formats and we should soon be able to build our own behaviour graphs and have animations that work properly in game - release expected later this day.

Doc, you're getting too excited.;)

That's not quite was the hkxcmd post says. Hologram seems to be able to read Beth's custom classes, which allows "read/writing the custom files" which in turn (because it's expected to be an easy construct) "should enable custom animation". But by no means this implies we can modify or add behavior graphs. Because this information will still be encrypted inside those classes (I suspect).

But adding idles is probably as much as anyone here is interested in.

Doc' date=' you're getting too excited.;)

That's not quite was the hkxcmd post says. Hologram seems to be able to read Beth's custom classes, which allows "read/writing the custom files" which in turn (because it's expected to be an easy construct) "should enable custom animation". But by no means this implies we can modify or add behavior graphs. Because this information will still be encrypted inside those classes (I suspect).

[/quote']

You're right. I even kind of knew that as I was writing it.

That said, I'm a little fuzzy on the whole notion of behavior graphs. I'm assuming they're basically state machines, where the animation in one state leads to another (or loops back) depending on the inputs. I suppose I should watch all those Havok vids sometime ...

But adding idles is probably as much as anyone here is interested in.

True enough. Is that going to be entirely straightforward, do you think? I'm still not sure where the file name gets associated with the idle object in the game.

True enough. Is that going to be entirely straightforward' date=' do you think? I'm still not sure where the file name gets associated with the idle object in the game.

[/quote']

I just downloaded the new hkxcmd, and converted a few behavior files. And what shall I say. The output exceeds my expectations by factors. It's amazing what kind of detail it provides.

Good on one hand, but scary on the other. Just the size is frightening. The important behaviors translate to around 5 MB each. But it's not the size alone. It's the complexety, the amount of different structures, which will make it really hard to comprehend.

I was trying to understand the list of idles by following one idle with a catchy name (AstridIdle). But besides 2 lists I had expected (for file names, and for animation events) I found 4 more classes referenced (hkbClipGenerator, hkbModifierList, hkbModifierGenerator, hkbStateMachineStateInfo. It could be that Astrididle has more complications than necessary (this special Astrid nif is involved).

So I will try some other idles. Although I can't invest much time right not. Doing my best.

It's the complexety' date=' the amount of different structures, which will make it really hard to comprehend.

[/quote']

And until we understand them we can't really add animations into the game, since we don't know they integrate. Tricky.

I was trying to understand the list of idles by following one idle with a catchy name (AstridIdle). But besides 2 lists I had expected (for file names' date=' and for animation events) I found 4 more classes referenced (hkbClipGenerator, hkbModifierList, hkbModifierGenerator, hkbStateMachineStateInfo. It could be that Astrididle has more complications than necessary (this special Astrid nif is involved).

[/quote']

Betcha that's the one from the start of the DB quest, when she's sitting on top of the shelving with one leg a-dangle...

The state machine stuff might be a way in. I'll have to do some digging

So... what? Is animation in Skyrim possible?

Cuz I didn't understand a lick of what everyone said here. XD

Two approaches' date=' the clean one is to figure out how to add new idle animations, this require serious hacking.

The dirty solution is to make an dummy race, convert the character to it and do the animation then convert back. This work for sex animations if we are able to preserve texture details, hair and face as sex animations is idle animations like the one you see doing smithing.

The clean one enables more combat moves and other stuff.

It took one year before we got decent custom animations for Oblivion.

[/quote']

there is a third option, which can be used as a workaround while someone (if ever) manages to actually create new animations. There is a mod ("adult show", I think) starting to work on it. You can create a custom race (stripper in the mod) for sex purposes, and replace the vanilla animations with sex animations for this race. This race won't need to fight, or sweep, or hammer,... just sex. You can place these characters all around (maybe one race for male prostitution and another one for female prostituion) or put them together (some sex temple or city) or a combination of both. For your own character you would need to change the race temporarily (while in the sex city, or temple, or brothel...) so he/she can have fun as well.

So... what? Is animation in Skyrim possible?

Cuz I didn't understand a lick of what everyone said here. XD

Two approaches' date=' the clean one is to figure out how to add new idle animations, this require serious hacking.

The dirty solution is to make an dummy race, convert the character to it and do the animation then convert back. This work for sex animations if we are able to preserve texture details, hair and face as sex animations is idle animations like the one you see doing smithing.

The clean one enables more combat moves and other stuff.

It took one year before we got decent custom animations for Oblivion.

[/quote']

there is a third option, which can be used as a workaround while someone (if ever) manages to actually create new animations. There is a mod ("adult show", I think) starting to work on it. You can create a custom race (stripper in the mod) for sex purposes, and replace the vanilla animations with sex animations for this race. This race won't need to fight, or sweep, or hammer,... just sex. You can place these characters all around (maybe one race for male prostitution and another one for female prostituion) or put them together (some sex temple or city) or a combination of both. For your own character you would need to change the race temporarily (while in the sex city, or temple, or brothel...) so he/she can have fun as well.

Feel free to jump on my head if I'm wrong Abuelitosan but I think that is the "dirty" method mentioned above.

Me, I'm looking for a third way too, one that elegantly uses the provided interface and free software (i.e. not max based, but Blender, MMD, the freely provided Havok interfaces and Beth's annotation files) to let animators create/manipulate and incorporate their creations. As I have had zero success so far I think that the dirty method is the best immediate option and that Hologram and his dedicated supporters will eventually deliver a decent plugin that effectively picks the Havok lock. In the meantime I continue to tinker and dream......

Rest assured if I get anything to do anything like it should you (LL) will be the first to know. Be optimistic but don't hold your breath.