What are you currently listening to?

On 2/10/2020 at 9:11 PM, megamantaray said:

Not disappointed.

Nice! I remember this debuting on MTV. You might want to check out the 'sister' video - Sledgehammer by Peter Gabriel. These were steps to establish himself as a solo artist. Fun Bass line on Big Time as well.

@EdinMG

YES! This was a go-to album, err, tape (go ahead- laugh) for me when I'd play Bass guitar. Grab a bottle, and Bass, turn it on, play along with side one, then side two. Waiting for Darkness still is special to me. It's a real shame how Sharon Osborne treated Jake E. Lee on this considering his writing contributions, and the ability to continue shortly after Randy Rhodes died. Saw this concert in Jax,FL with Motley Crue - Shout at the Devil opening. The holy rollers were in force that night, waving signs, handing out fliers. Ozzy coming out before the show dressed like Shirley Temple and 'flashing' the audience had me fearing for my soul  >.>

Spoiler

OzzyMotleyCrueWig.png.15cc96f5c8586869b012d1efd4b0809e.png

Last New thing I've been listening to is MESHUGGAH although I can only handle it for short spells - truely amazing technical work. Oh, also 'discovered' JINJER

Edit: Geesh, every time I visit this page I end up for hours on YouTube revisiting my glory days

11 hours ago, landess said:

@EdinMG

YES! This was a go-to album, err, tape (go ahead- laugh) for me when I'd play Bass guitar. Grab a bottle, and Bass, turn it on, play along with side one, then side two. Waiting for Darkness still is special to me. It's a real shame how Sharon Osborne treated Jake E. Lee on this considering his writing contributions, and the ability to continue shortly after Randy Rhodes died. Saw this concert in Jax,FL with Motley Crue - Shout at the Devil opening. The holy rollers were in force that night, waving signs, handing out fliers. Ozzy coming out before the show dressed like Shirley Temple and 'flashing' the audience had me fearing for my soul  >.>

Nah...I'm 45 years old, so I know exactly what you're talking about, Cassette Tapes, Vinyls and VHS were my thing too while growing up in the 80's. I already liked the good old Rock & Roll at the time, Beatles, Doors, Who, YES, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin...etc, because of my father, but I only started to listen to Heavy Metal in 1988, some of my cousins introduced me to Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Ozzy, Dio, Iron Maiden, Manowar, Metallica, Motorhead, KISS, Rush, AC/DC...etc, and here I am, more than 30 years later still listening the same thing.