What are you currently listening to?

On 8/22/2018 at 3:51 AM, SexDwarf2250 said:

What a time to be alive. Kanye West is a megastar and this girl busks on the streets.

Check this out as well. There's so much talent, it's uncanny..

But our music business is not about music anymore, or talent, or quality, it's just a business... don't look at the music biz to find good music, ok? :)

David Bowie, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, The Stones, The Beatles, Janis Joplin.. the list goes on and on. All those talents would not have become famous today.

They'd be put away as 'unmarketable'. Our music business does not even rely on talent anymore. The only ones that do have talent and are the actual musicians behind it al can be counted on one hand and are usually the producers.  Science has proven that where there were an average of 32 different chords and phrases in the 70's in music, in these days the AVERAGE is 3 chords and 2 phrases. Popular music is programming listeners to become dumb, this is scientifically proven. Not an opinion, popular music is getting dumber, every year: https://mic.com/articles/98310/scientists-prove-that-pop-music-is-literally-ruining-our-brains#.lnQWGBWfd

Since the Millennial Whoop (google it), everything went down hill (of course it already started in the 90's and before, where the 90's were actually the last reflexes of a dying artform).

9 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

don't look at the music biz to find good music, ok? :)

It's getting harder and harder. You have to seek out the performers... love that song by the way. Check these two out if you're not aware of them yet, as well. Artists like this help restore my faith in humanity... well, at least slow its' descent into incredulous outrage and cynical hatred. What I still can't believe are the studies claiming IQ is going up. I'm pretty sure some related mental capacity is simultaneously plummeting. Of course, art and music is another matter. Not that there's anything wrong with silly, dumb fun or an occasional autotune, but it's sad how humanity has allowed industry to remove the true artisan from art. I feel we have been on a mental, even spiritual decline (saying this as an agnostic) since oh, about the Renaissance. On a related thought, the lack of selective pressure may well, and sadly, increase the value of governmental systems with less equality, to compensate for the chaff. Anyway...

I'm fond of this one, as well. I understand Georgia has moved on to rock, which I like as a genre, too, but... what massive waste, what a shame. Like playing percussion on a Stradivarius.