Escape the Cell - Live Another Life and Skyrim Unbound Mini addons

You mean something like some more dead NPCs in there that when you activate them it says something like "this person looks familiar, I seem to remember... he may have been a family member!"?

Or the new friendly NPC (can't remember her name... starts with M I believe, like Milli or sommat) pushing forward a bound captive and saying "Drink my new brother"?

Or the vampires being surprised that you awoke at all, they expected you to die like the vigilant in the cell or the smuggler?

Or shall I curb my rampant speculation and, you know, be patient for once in my life?

Erm...I wasn't thinking of anything quite that extravagent, but now I'm rethinking the idea I had previously rethought.

Okay, not sure if anyone but CC actually reads these, but I need some help. I want the vampires in the vampire start to turn hostile if the player chooses not to do what they ask, but I can't get it to work. I removed the player from vampirefaction, b03vampirefaction (or something like that), vampirepcfaction, and even vampirethrallfaction, but the npc vampires remain relaxed and non-violent. There was also a function i found while trying to Google tor help that is supposed to make the player instantly hated or something like that, which also didn't work.

Any ideas?

I wish I knew more about the CK... Imma force myself to start learning in a couple of months.

Anyway, I think there might be a command that instantly starts combat between two referenced actors? I seem to remember reading something about that a while back...

And I'm not sure you want to remove the player from vampire factions if he's a vampire... unless he's not a vampire and you're turning him into a vampire... in which case I really don't know.

Can you do something like apply a 1-point damage health to the vampires using a cloak effect, and have the source be the player or something like that? Enough to trigger a fight?

Okay, not sure if anyone but CC actually reads these, but I need some help. I want the vampires in the vampire start to turn hostile if the player chooses not to do what they ask, but I can't get it to work. I removed the player from vampirefaction, b03vampirefaction (or something like that), vampirepcfaction, and even vampirethrallfaction, but the npc vampires remain relaxed and non-violent. There was also a function i found while trying to Google tor help that is supposed to make the player instantly hated or something like that, which also didn't work.

Any ideas?

I read .. :D

Don't always understand or am able to help but I do read your post  ;)..

My understanding you don't really want to mess with the factions too much as that can come back and bite you on the neck.. ( vampire.. thought I was gong for the other location huh?.. :D) My guess with limited experience but watching and participating in conversations of modding is to create some event etc that will cause those vampires to become hostile. ( unless you want all vampires to be hostile.. ) Just removing someone from a faction won't automatically make them hostile.. you have to also have a low reputation or something along those lines. However it is strange that vampires are suppose to be hostile to the player from the main game so they should be hostile unless that setting has been changed..

I really need to stop fooling around with mod organizer and files and other crap and get into the CK, GECK etc. I am missing all sorts of fun.. :D.

That's true, RC, I apologize for neglecting to mention you. LAL does something to make vampires (at least the ones you start with) non-aggressive. I couldn't find a line about it in the papyrus log, so I'm not sure what it is but i assume it adds the player to vampirefaction. I'll have to look into reputation, thanks.

That's true, RC, I apologize for neglecting to mention you. LAL does something to make vampires (at least the ones you start with) non-aggressive. I couldn't find a line about it in the papyrus log, so I'm not sure what it is but i assume it adds the player to vampirefaction. I'll have to look into reputation, thanks.

Glad I can help direct you to a possible solution.

Now I will go back to sit in the corner of my cell.. :(

LOL.. :D.

I looked at Alternate Start's source scripts and the Mara's Eye Den cell in the CK... can't find anything that would cause the vampires to be nonhostile with my limited knowledge of the CK.

This is the only thing I found about vampires:

;Specifics used for the vampire start.

PlayerVampireQuestScript Property VampireQuest Auto

GlobalVariable Property VampireFeedReady Auto

GlobalVariable Property GameHour  Auto  

Function MakePlayerVampire()

VampireQuest.VampireChange(Player)

VampireQuest.FeedTimer = 4

Utility.Wait(2)

GameHour.SetValue(19)

VampireFeedReady.SetValue(2)

VampireQuest.VampireStatus = 3

VampireQuest.VampireProgression(Player, 3)

EndFunction

Not a lot of help.

However, I did find this little snippet in the startquest script:

;Pick a random destination for Left For Dead.

int Function PickRandomL4D()

int DRandom = Utility.RandomInt(0,7)

return DRandom

EndFunction

So not helpful for the vampire thing, but it at least tells us that there are eight possible "left for dead" scenarios, and that it's apparently not dependent on race... :)

I would like to add a live another life scenerio for my milk slave mod. I was wondering if you had any advice about how to do things like add the initial dialog choice at the meridia statue in a way that is safe to work alongside LAL and EtC.

Are you talking more about modifying LAL, or just adding something to the vanilla game that fits in with one of the LAL starts?

If you want to make your own start that is added into LAL's menu, I think the "city guard" example on the download page might help:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9557

Neither do I... I just saw the mod on the DL page and thought "Oh, I need to look into that sometime." I actually need to start keeping a list of all the things I want to do.

ahhh... you might not want to do that.. .. because if you do you will start feeling like crap when you realize that you haven't even started to do any of the things you wanted to do.. ;)

I tried it both ways (saying yes to feeding, saying no to feeding)... and Maise is freaking tough.

Lucky for me she ran away as soon as possible to the trap door and just sat there while I killed the other two. She eventually did start attacking me. I died but I think that some players who turn difficulty all the way down might just survive, with a little help...

I don't know if that's what you wanted here, but that is one difficult fight.

Could you make Maise leveled?

On the other hand...

Any player who specifically chooses the vampire start is probably going to say yes to feeding, so maybe this is just fine like it is.

But on the off chance that a player says no, the only option is to run out the door as quick as possible. Which is perfectly valid... you're young (for a vampire), you're weak, you're confused... best to just head on out and hope to get your bearings some other way.

I like the starting dialog and text boxes too.

All in all, I give the vampire start 5/5 stars, just because I tend to think it highly unlikely that anyone will deliberately choose the vampire start and then say "No, I cannot feed on an innocent human!" :)

Have you considered adding some lines to Belle? Something like "no please don't hurt me, we're friends, remember?" followed by "ahar, my dinner speaks to me!" or something... I dunno.  :-/

Glad you like it. Not surprising, though, since it was based on your ideas. Maise is level 125 (although I don't think the level set in the CK represents the actual gameplay level, since an npc leveled 125 should be able to one-shot a level 1 character with one finger) and that is intentional. She's been a vampire for hundreds of years. The character has been one for hundreds of seconds. There should be no contest.

I have a dialogue scene set up for Bella but it won't fire. Still looking into that.

If she is so old and powerful.. perhaps a conversation that is different.. she wouldn't even have to become hostile..

Here is the idea. A powerful wise vampire that knows what being a vampire is all about.. Think parent.. sort of mentality.. Been there done that.

Now when confronted with a new upstart not wanting to feed.. What do you do with a small child that don't want to eat.. you let them not eat.. Eventually they will come around and eat. Same with the young vampire.. Perhaps a more sage statement along the lines of

"I understand this is a big change for you and there are going to be some things that you don't understand now. In time you will come to think like we all do. Until then.. leave my presence unless you want to see my bad side. Come back when you are willing to listen to reason. yada yada. Something along that path. Kind of like Interview with a Vampire.. She wants to guide but realizes it might take a bit for the youngling to come to terms with the new life.. She wouldn't care as she has an eternity to wait..

Then again a simple "Ill rip your throat out" comment and near instant death would teach the player that this is a vampire start... so don't be silly :D.

Not silly, and my initial version of this start had more of that feel. But I got to thinking about what vampires are (or would be, if they actually existed).

Vampires are evil, or were before Serena the Friendly Vamp showed up. They're literally demons dressed in people garments. And blood from a Dragonborn has to be a rare delicacy - Msise showed remarkable restraint by not sucking the player dry in the first place.

Anyway, that's where my thoughts were. :)

Sounds reasonable. There are so many variations of vampires in legon and movies you can pick and choose... :D. Even Lord Harkon views this as a blessing and that he is above humanity.. He gives the Dragonborn a choice and his life ( shows honor) only because he brought the two most valued assets he possess. The next time meeting or had it been any other situation .. He would have drained the Dragonborn completely. No doubt. Serena is the closest thing to a human feeling vampire and she is appalled at the comment that she should get a cure for her condition. She loves the fact that she is a vampire even though it has almost destroyed her family. Not until much later can the Dragonborn convince her otherwise. I doubt any other vampires would do the same.

So perhaps..some grace and comment " you have offended me and the gift I give you. You have 5 seconds to get out of my face or I will rip your throat out". It would be similar to Lord Harkon in the sense he gives the option for the Dragonborn to live even when he could kill with a swipe or two of his arm..

As long as you're taking ideas, I've got a few more for you... please feel free to shoot some or all of them down without fear of causing me to burst into tears and run sobbing to the nearest ice cream... actually, now that I think about it, would you please? I want ice cream... :)

Some of these might require a dialog change (either duplicate NPC with different dialog, or different dialog depending on which quest?) such as M not being an old friend of the family, but instead saying "help me avenge my family" or sommat.

And not all of them may fit the start precisely... for example, the "thieves guild" start, the whole purpose is just to get you involved in the quest, even if a thief might not normally take that route.

Just arrived in Skyrim via ship (Solitude, Dawnstar, Windhelm)

-- You've arrived in Skyrim to visit your family... a courier (use Skyrim's default courier?) runs up and hands you a note... the old friend of your family has found them slaughtered and wants you to come to the burned farmhouse immediately

I own property in (wherever)

-- Your childhood friend runs up to you and tells you that there's been a disaster at the old homestead. Come quick!

Member of a guild (depends on the guild)

-- Companion: They've gotten word about an attack on a farmhouse. Your quest is to go destroy the bandits responsible.

-- Thieves: A rumor's been going around that there's a great treasure buried at the homestead. Go get it!

-- DB: You have been hired by FOO to avenge the murder of his family/friends... start looking for those responsible at the homestead.

-- College: Mhoram offers to waive the first semester's fees if you go find out what happened to his family... they stopped writing not long ago... :)

Patron of an inn:

-- First time you talk to the innkeeper, the first "rumors" question mentions the old farmhouse... if you're feeling in an adventurous mood, you might want to go check it out.

Soldier in the army:

-- Word is, some of those dastardly [insert opposing faction here] bastards attacked and burned out some of our agents located here on your map... go check it out, and see if there's anything left.

Camping in the woods:

-- Umm...

Necromancer in a hidden lab:

-- I've learned all I can about this singing red weed. I might as well report my findings to my employers, who are disguised as simple farmers at that old steading...

Vigilant of Stendarr:

-- Innocent farmers have been slaughtered, and we think that someone's been summoning Flame Atronachs to do their evil work. Go check it out for evidence of collusion with daedra.

Orc Stronghold:

-- You might as well go look for your old friends... they left last year to start their own bandit gang. Said they were going to set up in an old abandoned farmhouse.

Khajiit caravan guard:

-- A random NPC drops by and asks you to deliver a letter to the burned farmhouse

Argonian dock worker:

-- Your family said coming to Windhelm was a mistake. You miss the old place, with its cool, clear, and most importantly warm water, and the beautiful sounds of the waterfall... homesick, you might as well head back to the old farmhouse.

Redguard warrior:

-- Kematu said that there was a rumor that Saadia, or whatever she's calling herself now, holed up in an old farmhouse in Falkreath hold. It's not a sure thing, but we're checking everywhere in Skyrim to be sure... why don't you head down there and see if this rumor pans out.

Dunmer refugee:

-- Your family emigrated here years ago, but you were too stubborn to leave... until now. You've ended up in Windhelm, but it's not the nicest place... why don't you head down to their farm?

-- (Raven Rock?)

Altmer Thalmor:

-- Your mission is to hunt down heresy wherever they may hide. We've gotten several rumors that a small family group in Falkreath hold is openly worshipping Talos. Go eliminate them with extreme prejudice.

I'm sure I've probably missed some...?

Glad you like it. Not surprising, though, since it was based on your ideas. Maise is level 125 (although I don't think the level set in the CK represents the actual gameplay level, since an npc leveled 125 should be able to one-shot a level 1 character with one finger) and that is intentional. She's been a vampire for hundreds of years. The character has been one for hundreds of seconds. There should be no contest.

I have a dialogue scene set up for Bella but it won't fire. Still looking into that.

I know... I tried a couple of times, and ended up TGM and just sat there casting Flames at her for about five minutes until she finally died.

But the weird thing is, she always took a couple minutes to actually start attacking... the first thing she would do is run to the exit and crouch for a second like she was afraid. Strange.

Bella: Maybe a force-greet? I hate them with a passion but I do recognize that sometimes it's the only valid option...  :(  :angry:

So I had a quick question. I played this when it first came out, and there was really only a mention about some adult themes. Have there been any added adult situations or scenes?

I... don't actually remember any "adult" themes... unless you count cursing?

Or... burned parents? I mean, I guess it depends on your frame of reference... what constitutes "adult" in this situation?

AFAIK there is no sexual content yet... but I haven't found the "secret quest" so...?

The secret quest is the content of that tiny private beta, so you have sort of tried it.

@McGee: There is no sex, if that's what you're referring to. One of the beginnings has some bad language. There are references to slavery here and there. And the vampire one has explicit violence. That's as adult as this mod is going to get.