Escape the Cell - Live Another Life and Skyrim Unbound Mini addons

So I had a quick question. I played this when it first came out, and there was really only a mention about some adult themes. Have there been any added adult situations or scenes?

You will have to use other mods to get the "adult" action. There are plenty of them that should work fine along side of this mod. As mentioned above the "adult" references are more violence and such not "adult" as in X rated.

So I had a quick question. I played this when it first came out, and there was really only a mention about some adult themes. Have there been any added adult situations or scenes?

You will have to use other mods to get the "adult" action. There are plenty of them that should work fine along side of this mod. As mentioned above the "adult" references are more violence and such not "adult" as in X rated.

I got ya. Thanks!

To your long list of ideas that I don't want to quote because it's long, CC, thanks. I haven't given much thought into any other starts, but I have come to the realization that forcing everything Mallin's way limits the things I can do, so he won't necessarily be a part of all of them. Indeed, he already isn't for the warlock's thrall start.

To your long list of ideas that I don't want to quote because it's long, CC, thanks. I haven't given much thought into any other starts, but I have come to the realization that forcing everything Mallin's way limits the things I can do, so he won't necessarily be a part of all of them. Indeed, he already isn't for the warlock's thrall start.

I enjoy making extra work for other people. :)

I just had a completely nonsensical conversation with Thaddeus at the Riften gate... I'd started the game through "patron at an inn" and then walked to the gate, so the dialog, debug.notifications, text boxes, and quest are a bit out of place.

I know you don't want to make LAL a dependency, but I was wondering if there was some way in which you could detect which alternate start is used, and disable dialog for the other starts?

I just had a completely nonsensical conversation with Thaddeus at the Riften gate... I'd started the game through "patron at an inn" and then walked to the gate, so the dialog, debug.notifications, text boxes, and quest are a bit out of place.

I know you don't want to make LAL a dependency, but I was wondering if there was some way in which you could detect which alternate start is used, and disable dialog for the other starts?

Once I have those starts written Thad won't have that dialogue in that situation.

I just had a completely nonsensical conversation with Thaddeus at the Riften gate... I'd started the game through "patron at an inn" and then walked to the gate, so the dialog, debug.notifications, text boxes, and quest are a bit out of place.

Once I have those starts written Thad won't have that dialogue in that situation.

Ah... derp.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Immensely enjoyable. Thanks for creating this. Paradoxically, I found the warlock start actually more immersive, not less so. At last there's a reason why the Dragonborn walks around asking stupid questions. ("What's the White-Gold Concordat?" - "What's the Civil War?" - "What's a Tamriel?" - "Is 'skyrim' a verb?") The dialogue was hilarious. The sheer outlandishness of it all was great fun. This is now my favourite alternate start ever. 

I'm too much of a whimp for the vampire start, but I tested it out up until the first dialogue was done. This start, too, finally makes sense. Interesting, to start the game as a vampire. 

The others are well done, too, very well written, lots of fun to play. I can't believe I only unearthed this mod so late. It should be very widely known. I had a bit of a rough week, so this came at a good time. Thanks for all the hard work you've put in. 

Immensely enjoyable. Thanks for creating this. Paradoxically, I found the warlock start actually more immersive, not less so. At last there's a reason why the Dragonborn walks around asking stupid questions. ("What's the White-Gold Concordat?" - "What's the Civil War?" - "What's a Tamriel?" - "Is 'skyrim' a verb?") The dialogue was hilarious. The sheer outlandishness of it all was great fun. This is now my favourite alternate start ever.

I'm too much of a whimp for the vampire start, but I tested it out up until the first dialogue was done. This start, too, finally makes sense. Interesting, to start the game as a vampire.

The others are well done, too, very well written, lots of fun to play. I can't believe I only unearthed this mod so late. It should be very widely known. I had a bit of a rough week, so this came at a good time. Thanks for all the hard work you've put in.

Thanks for the kind words. I have also come to the conclusion that the way the warlock thrall scenario starts actually makes the most sense in many ways. That is why I have spent the last couple of weeks working on expanding that particular scenario. There is now a slightly more extended storyline that will lead the player on a bit of a tour of the eastern parts of skyrim. You will start the game with a skill level of 0 in combat and magic skills, since I thought it unlikely that the average person from earth would have any idea what to do with a sword and would certainly have no idea how to use magic.

Fear not, though - it's not like WoW, where you have to level your skills up by grinding. People will teach you the basics and the skill levels will jump up to 20.

Also, I'm now going to add your questions. What is a Tamriel? Hehe

First impressions - Excellent!

And thanks to cottingley. You've got to add more soon! "Flames spell? How are you not burning your fingers off?" or "Stoneflesh? Yeah, I had a girlfriend like that once..."

May your path be ever free of sand - this seems more like an insult, considering that a blessing is "may you walk on warm sands." Changing the word "sand" to the word "stones" would be in keeping with the intent of what he's saying while still pleasing anal-retentive blowhards like me.

And finally, Kra'aft:

post-462261-0-26423200-1422703291_thumb.jpg

First impressions - Excellent!

And thanks to cottingley. You've got to add more soon! "Flames spell? How are you not burning your fingers off?" or "Stoneflesh? Yeah, I had a girlfriend like that once..."

May your path be ever free of sand - this seems more like an insult, considering that a blessing is "may you walk on warm sands." Changing the word "sand" to the word "stones" would be in keeping with the intent of what he's saying while still pleasing anal-retentive blowhards like me.

And finally, Kra'aft:

attachicon.gifdownload.jpg

Nothing new happened to Kra'aft this time, but that is a good point.

Hmm...actually, it probably did. I set the general questions to be able to be asked to anyone, but now that I think about it, it is also set to be asked in every scenario. Guess I'll have to fix that. Thanks for unwittingly pointing out my error. And for the picture. hehe.

Thanks for the kind words. I have also come to the conclusion that the way the warlock thrall scenario starts actually makes the most sense in many ways. That is why I have spent the last couple of weeks working on expanding that particular scenario. There is now a slightly more extended storyline that will lead the player on a bit of a tour of the eastern parts of skyrim. You will start the game with a skill level of 0 in combat and magic skills, since I thought it unlikely that the average person from earth would have any idea what to do with a sword and would certainly have no idea how to use magic.

Fear not, though - it's not like WoW, where you have to level your skills up by grinding. People will teach you the basics and the skill levels will jump up to 20.

I used the vampire start before and got pretty far. Just have to remember you are a new vampire and run like hell when something more powerful starts to attack ;).  I can't remember if it was this mod or others but I would like to see more draining as the levels increase but besides that it was acceptable. I never returned back to the lair so I don't know if they attack again like with the Brenton start.

I haven't tried the warlock thrall start. (at least recently and don't believe I had those experiences when I did) Might need to try that one as it sounds quite well thought out. Maybe not right away as I have a current warlock at quite a high level and need a new start for some other play through.

What major things have changed since I last was here?

I used the vampire start before and got pretty far. Just have to remember you are a new vampire and run like hell when something more powerful starts to attack ;).  I can't remember if it was this mod or others but I would like to see more draining as the levels increase but besides that it was acceptable. I never returned back to the lair so I don't know if they attack again like with the Brenton start.

I haven't tried the warlock thrall start. (at least recently and don't believe I had those experiences when I did) Might need to try that one as it sounds quite well thought out. Maybe not right away as I have a current warlock at quite a high level and need a new start for some other play through.

thank you for the kind words! you don't start as a warlock in that warlock thrall start, so don't worry about that. :)

this mod doesn't really have any effect as you level up - it's just meant as color. once you get to edith, all of these scenarios are done and won't pay attention to what you do. except for kra'aft. i still need to finish that.

i don't know when you were last here, so i can't answer that question.

thank you for the kind words! you don't start as a warlock in that warlock thrall start, so don't worry about that. :)

this mod doesn't really have any effect as you level up - it's just meant as color. once you get to edith, all of these scenarios are done and won't pay attention to what you do. except for kra'aft. i still need to finish that.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/35641-escape-the-cell-live-another-life-and-skyrim-unbound-mini-addons/?p=963735

you were still working around with the vampires and such. October. I replied to the beta thread PM we were using. In case you have another beta for testing ;).  I haven't been around because it seemed you were busy on other things so I just played with what I had, fixing up MO and other mods etc. Now I can use a "new start"..

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/35641-escape-the-cell-live-another-life-and-skyrim-unbound-mini-addons/?p=963735

you were still working around with the vampires and such. October. I replied to the beta thread PM we were using. In case you have another beta for testing ;).  I haven't been around because it seemed you were busy on other things so I just played with what I had, fixing up MO and other mods etc. Now I can use a "new start"..

Oh, right! I've been so focused on Simple Slavery that I completely forgot about the beta thread. XD

:D

Just sayin' that I might be able to run a few new characters and play with a few "alternate starts" ;). That is if there is some new material for me to play with. I am ready to play with a few things not foucsed on a game play. I have had some time to get real game play done .. dam skyrim is so big. LOL. so I am not exactly done but got it enough out of my system and can do a beta run or two. The great thing about your mod is it is only minutes to test a couple of starts.

Might need to take a look at the simple slavery. Haven t used some (most of the required mods besides death alternative etc).

Just sayin' that I might be able to run a few new characters and play with a few "alternate starts" ;). That is if there is some new material for me to play with. I am ready to play with a few things not foucsed on a game play. I have had some time to get real game play done .. dam skyrim is so big. LOL. so I am not exactly done but got it enough out of my system and can do a beta run or two. The great thing about your mod is it is only minutes to test a couple of starts.

Well, if you want to run through the Warlock's Thrall scenario a couple of times to test all of the dialogue trees to make sure I didn't miss any connections, it would help. :)

Well, if you want to run through the Warlock's Thrall scenario a couple of times to test all of the dialogue trees to make sure I didn't miss any connections, it would help. :)

I'll see what I can do. I am currently reconstructing my mods for Fallout so I can spend my time in an irradiated wasteland. There has been many changes there as well.

How far should I test it. I believe you have more content than just a simple start on this.

I'll see what I can do. I am currently reconstructing my mods for Fallout so I can spend my time in an irradiated wasteland. There has been many changes there as well.

How far should I test it. I believe you have more content than just a simple start on this.

It is longer than usual, but if you cheat during travel it wouldn't take very long. If you'd rather work on your glow in the dark tan, I totally understand XD

I don't tan.. glow or otherwise. I am green alien.. lol.

I usually use tmm 1 when doing this type of work so yes it wouldn't take much time to check the dialogue.

I have processed (repacked and checked over 155 mods so far. I have to do this because my "supercomputer" had a memory meltdown and many of what i was working on was corrupted. Including the backup (compression is strangely reliant on memory.. :dodgy: ).. lol. I am cleaning out many of the old copies and checking to see if they can be decompressed without errors. (I have mods from here that are over 2 years old or even older. Many from Nexus from 3 or more years ago.. :cool: ) Unfortunately many have been lost with this... at least parts of it has been. However I have been able to reconstruct some of them and found others I didn't even know I had.. :D.

I check some of it out this week. I will need a break from my organization and such. I will post if I see anything or have questions, however it sounds like it is pretty much a done section of your mod :)

I don't tan.. glow or otherwise. I am green alien.. lol.

I usually use tmm 1 when doing this type of work so yes it wouldn't take much time to check the dialogue.

I have processed (repacked and checked over 155 mods so far. I have to do this because my "supercomputer" had a memory meltdown and many of what i was working on was corrupted. Including the backup (compression is strangely reliant on memory.. :dodgy: ).. lol. I am cleaning out many of the old copies and checking to see if they can be decompressed without errors. (I have mods from here that are over 2 years old or even older. Many from Nexus from 3 or more years ago.. :cool: ) Unfortunately many have been lost with this... at least parts of it has been. However I have been able to reconstruct some of them and found others I didn't even know I had.. :D.

I check some of it out this week. I will need a break from my organization and such. I will post if I see anything or have questions, however it sounds like it is pretty much a done section of your mod :)

It's close. I keep thinking of other things I can add. The more I play with it, the more it feels like the most natural way to begin the game.

Nothing else has changed. Once I get simple slavery working reasonably well I need to get back to adding other beginnings. I'm having trouble coming up with a viable reason to have been dumped and left for dead on a frozen tundra.

Nothing else has changed. Once I get simple slavery working reasonably well I need to get back to adding other beginnings. I'm having trouble coming up with a viable reason to have been dumped and left for dead on a frozen tundra.

Lots of reasons.

• Criminal deal went bad,
  • blizzard separated you from your caravan when you had a serious sickness (fever).
  • Spells and/ or Enchantments went bad, That's what you get trying to perform magic above your level.. stupid, stupid wizzard. :D
  • Attacked and was those attacking you were trying to bring you to a slave sale but you stupidly attacked them and they beat you to where they though you were close to dead. the Hell if they were going to carry your ass all the way. Left you to die there instead.
  • A vampire's / wizzards thraw that was used to allow the master to escape. Don't think they really cared if you were alive. The near death broke the spell.
  • Random portal that ripped you temporary from this plain of exsistance and then dumped you there.  This is elder scrolls.. Oh
  • Reading an Elder Scroll caused temporary madness ;)

It's close. I keep thinking of other things I can add. The more I play with it, the more it feels like the most natural way to begin the game.

That sounds like the best way of doing things and it is nice that I didn't miss anything while I was playing to level :blush: (undisclosed) on my last character.