[Survey:FONV] Your Main Game - do you mod to continue after ending, or just never end?

Pkatt

I FINALLY hit the ending credits for Fallout New Vegas!!

From all I can tell, there are several mods out there that allow you to continue playing after the ending credits, but none of them (yet, and to my knowledge) take into consideration the choices you made.

So I was just wondering what you all do next?  I am primarily speaking of your main character, and from a roleplaying sense.

Do you-

a) mod with CAGE or something, and continue, with the mods limitations?

2) go back to a save right before the point of no return and just keep playing indefinately?

or 3), just play multiple games?

3, really. I mod the game for my purposes and will add other mods that have their own stories and other things to them. I don't really like doing the main

game's stuff (at least the main story) anymore after beating it a few times, so I just mod it and enjoy the other mods that add more to the game. The same

is said for FO3, where the game doesn't end but it then needs other mods to extend the playability of it some more.

I really enjoy these games (I've spent more time this year on them both than any other game), but they do have a certain scope about them that needs

to be broadened by mods to make it more exciting when you've played it long enough. I probably will never stop playing really, but I hope the mods don't

stop either. It'd be a shame for the modders of these games to completely abandon them for good...

I do the same as with TES; finish the main quest only when i'm ready to quit playing with the character, then start a new one (or switch games). It doesn't matter, at all, to me that you can't continue after the ending, because i never do.

So 3.

Guest endgameaddiction

4) Other

There are no mods in this world, no matter how immense and amazing it could be that would make me return to Fallout 3. I've done everything I could to it that it just lost my interest after 5 years of it. I guess it's my fault for keeping myself so attached. The wasteland was just a new world for me to discover, sadly that feeling is all but gone. I don't think Bethesda can ignite that sense of feeling for me ever again. I'm sorry I had an affair. Right now Tamriel is keeping me intact with gaming until a new developer is able to reach inside of me and rip my heart out.

@endgameaddiction welcome back! It's nice to see you around.

While I can't get enough of Fallout 3 and I will return to it next time, me too I'm currently back in Tamriel. I guess we are wandering in two different regions though. ;)

So I was just wondering what you all do next?

First time I've played New Vegas I've just reloaded and continued to play as you listed in the option 2). In new playthroughs I just delay the end as much as possible and get it done the moment I want to quit the game for good.

New Vegas is not the game I like to play after the ending because I imagine my character moving from Nevada after the events, that's the main reason, otherwise I would have tried to set some quests or dialogues to continue after that point but it's not "personal-lore" friendly, just doesn't match.

It was option 2 for me, until I downloaded CAGE now it's option a

Obviously you liked CAGE enough to stick with it.    How exactly does it treat the different factions, based on what choices you made at the end?

Right now, my main thing is, I hit that ending, but I still have TONS of places I have not explored, all the DLC, and what appears to be a couple of good quest mods I'd like to try.       And I'd like to just keep using my existing character for them, and the adventures and personality she already has.

...plus, right before the end, I mean, like on the hill below Legate-whatsisname, I leveled, and got a perk to let Rex have two puppies follow him around all the time!!   Seems a shame not to keep playing with that one!   :)

It was option 2 for me, until I downloaded CAGE now it's option a

Obviously you liked CAGE enough to stick with it.    How exactly does it treat the different factions, based on what choices you made at the end?

Right now, my main thing is, I hit that ending, but I still have TONS of places I have not explored, all the DLC, and what appears to be a couple of good quest mods I'd like to try.       And I'd like to just keep using my existing character for them, and the adventures and personality she already has.

...plus, right before the end, I mean, like on the hill below Legate-whatsisname, I leveled, and got a perk to let Rex have two puppies follow him around all the time!!   Seems a shame not to keep playing with that one!   :)

Actually I've not used CAGE yet, still dicking about getting my game back in order again.

Guest carywinton

I have never heard of CAGE, which is really no surprise, I am not sure how this will fit into your questions, but for me I try to never hit the end game, since I basically know what all of them are like except for the "evil" side, never could play that role successfully. I like to take mods, make a few mods and turn the various games into "My Game Environment" where I can have hours of hysterical fun doing crazy things like beating up Raiders with Teddy Bears, I still need to make a film adaptation of that, some might find it as hysterical as I do. I probably have a ridiculous amount of hours exceeding 5000 in just FO3, and I still seem to run across something I never previously discovered.

So go forth and MOD~! Make the worlds bow to your whim! :D

New Vegas is not the game I like to play after the ending because I imagine my character moving from Nevada after the events, that's the main reason.

My main character I beat the MQ before any of the DLC came out and then didn't play for a bit, so it was then doing the DLC like a return from exile, and that's how I've always thought of it since then.

I just never complete the main quest and keep playing indefinitely. I hate

anything to do with the Legion. One of these days I'm going to do a mod

that turns every single one of the Legion characters into dickgirls and

make them run around in garter belts and stockings soliciting sexual

favors.

I try to never hit the end game, since I basically know what all of them are like except for the "evil" side, never could play that role successfully.

You might be surprised if you ever do play Legion. I'd say that all the FNV endings are similar shades of grey.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried CAGE, but without anything further to drive me after the main story, I lost interest. Plus after somewhere along the final battle I became vilified with NCR so much of civilization was closed to me. I guess that Courier's story just kind of ended there. I may pick it back up at some point in the future and spend some time as a tribal in Zion.

My current playthrough was meant to fix that by being a robotics expert and scouring the wasteland for new and interesting technology, but I'm having trouble justifying why I even care enough to go after Benny, much less become embroiled in the power struggle of New Vegas.

I guess I just haven't found a personality to roleplay that would keep me compelled to finish the Main Quest AND stay in the God-forsaken Mojave.

Archived