Just a quick update.

I've been picking away at a mouse texture to add to the Fur Elins. It's proven to be more problematic than I expected but I hope to have it wrapped up by tonight. I've got a base coat. I just need to work out some details and do some testing.

Anyway, here's a little preview of what I have so far.

Looks fantastic.  Just so everyone knows, I added additional sliders that makes various adjustments to hair, Elin ears, and helms.  What this means is that hairs can be morphed to remove any bald spots and gaps between the hair and head thus making the hairs more or less form-fitting.  The Elin ears can be adjusted to different sizes and moved high/low and forward/back on the head.  Helms, hats, and hoods, if a simple modification is applied to it, can be morphed to fit the head without loosing the hairs, but results may vary depending on the shape of the helm/hat/hood and the hairstyle.

I should have provided some pics, but right now I'm trying to find the cause of the game crashing when mounting a horse.  I'm sure it's one or more of the new sliders I added.

Almost forgot, If anyone is having issues with the 1st-person camera being lower or higher than the Elin's height, I suggest Skyrim - Enhanced Camera.  It's an SKSE plugin with a configuration file to change some features.  It's not perfect so read the info the author has posted to avoid any surprises.

After fixing the horse mount crashing, I'll be testing Joy of Perspective.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

What is the base body for the Elin Race 2? I couldn't find armors that fit her body, and even the default underwear that comes with the race when you install it is bigger than her measures, so it looks loose.
The only clothing that doesn't change the body is the MIZUGI, which already comes with the mod.

I would like to know if there are armors or clothings for her that aren't the ones for Elin Race 1, since that also change her body since the Elin Race 1's body is slightly different.

Crashing after the Skyrim logo?  You're missing a master file.

For Elin 2, the masters would be following and in the exact order:

1. RaceCompatibility.esm
  2. TeraElinRace.esm

Any Elin 2 addons would require TeraElinRace.esm.

If you installed ECE, do not install the optional, USKP Patcher for RaceCompatibility, if you don't have the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.

Other than what I just mentioned, I cannot say for certain what is the cause of the crashing if I don't know which files you installed and your load order. 

guess I found the error, I installed them wrong, I just pulled the whole data that was in the archive into the /data folder, didn't pull only the stuff in the /00core folder

how do I install the xmpse? it's a lot of folders in there <<< nvm this, just found out I can install them with NMM

ok sofar everything works quite good, tho I got 2 problems, when I sheath my weapons only 1 gets displayed (I am using xmpse the file you provided) and when I am using a bow the arrow flys kinda weird, the character pulls the bow up just before the shot(only in first person, am using the "the joy of perspective mod" and frostfall, so maybe it is one of those?)

guess I found the error, I installed them wrong, I just pulled the whole data that was in the archive into the /data folder, didn't pull only the stuff in the /00core folder

how do I install the xmpse? it's a lot of folders in there <<< nvm this, just found out I can install them with NMM

ok sofar everything works quite good, tho I got 2 problems, when I sheath my weapons only 1 gets displayed (I am using xmpse the file you provided) and when I am using a bow the arrow flys kinda weird, the character pulls the bow up just before the shot(only in first person, am using the "the joy of perspective mod" and frostfall, so maybe it is one of those?)

Don't know about the bow problem, but are you using Dual Sheath Redux? Vanilla Skyrim won't show the second weapon without that mod.

And if you are, did you run the patcher? You -have- to run that to get weapons to work properly (a lot of weapon mods dont have support, but you can do that yourself with NifScope and the instructions on the DSR Nexus page).

Don't know about the bow problem, but are you using Dual Sheath Redux? Vanilla Skyrim won't show the second weapon without that mod.

And if you are, did you run the patcher? You -have- to run that to get weapons to work properly (a lot of weapon mods dont have support, but you can do that yourself with NifScope and the instructions on the DSR Nexus page).

yeah just installed it, thanks, still having the bow problem tho, it is first person exclusive

The skeletons are an older version of xpms extended so there will be some weapon placement and scaling problems.  To have dual sheathed weapons, you will need to install Dual Sheath Redux and follow the DSR instructions.  If you installed the latest xpms extended (v2.14), you need to copy 'skeletonbeast_female.nif' to MESHES > ACTORS > TERA ELIN folder.

The 1st-person bow animation problem you are seeing could be from Joy of Perspective or Frostfall.  I don't use Frostfall and plan on doing some testing with JOP, but so far, the bow anims in 1st-person looks normal in my game.

I have modified v2.14 to add additional sliders, but there is still more to do for the major update like an HDT body and HDT ears and tails (I did not want to reveal this until it was done, but it offers valid reason for the delay).

where can one get this "ElinRace esm" ?..

ElinRace.esm is the master file from Elin 1 race and it's bundled with the main package.  You need to pick a race scale during installation and this will add the master file.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20121-1st-person-camera-fix-suggestion-tera-elin-race/

This thread is for Elin 2 and they use TeraElinRace.esm.

A future update for Elin 1 will eliminate the extra scaling options; going with only 1 race scaling.

Thanks for replying.. what's a "master file" though..? .-. and what do you mean by "main package"?
when I click on download it takes me to a page with like 18 different files to download and I don't think any of them says "master file" or " main package"... ._.
and... "race scale"???

Sorry, I'm not really familiar with such things...

To make things easier for both of us, I'm going to provide help here for the requests you made here and at the other Elin race thread.

First thing, an explanation of the Master files, Plugins, and some of the folders used by the game and mods.

What are Master Files?

Master files contain the master records used by the game itself or by a mod. These files are recognized by the file extension “.esm”. The main game's master files are:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Master files can depend on (in other words, 'require') other master files in order to work. Examples are the DLC master files:

Dawnguard.esm

Hearthfires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

The only exception is Skyrim.esm which does not depend on any other files.

However, master files do not depend on Plugins. Masters can work without Plugins, but Plugins need a master in order to work. All Plugins require at least Skyrim.esm.

A Master can be seen as a 'Parent' while the Plugin is seen as a 'Child'.

What are Plugins?

These files contain records mirrored from their Master file or new records added by the modder that was not contained in the Master. These records have been altered to accomplish the purpose of the mod. Masters contain the same, but Plugins allow additional features and functions not accomplished by the Master.

Plugins are recognized by the file extension, “.esp” and require one or more master files, depending on what the mod author wants to accomplish. Skyrim.esm is required by approximately 97% of all mods.

To put it all in simple terms and using the Elin race as an example, the main Elin mod uses a Master file to add the race to the game, makes them playable, and gives them their unique race stats and powers.

Add-ons such as the 'Elin followers' and 'Elin NPC and Enemy' replacers are Plugins that adds new characters or changes the race some of Skyrim's characters.

What's the Purpose of These Folders?

If you look in your Skyrim's DATA folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data), you will see folders that contain files used by the unmodded game. The only folders you will need to be concerned about these because they tend to be the ones used by mods:

Meshes

Scripts

Sound

Strings

Textures

Meshes. Contains the body meshes (head/body/hands/feet)(file extension, '.nif'), skeletons need by the body meshes (human and beast skeletons for males and females)(files extension, '.nif'), and animation files (without these everyone in the game will be standing around in a 'T-pose')(file extension, '.hkx').

Scripts. The game uses scripts to perform certain actions/quests/functions. When fighting a dragon, speaking with an NPC, or adding a custom race to the game, scripts are being used.  Additional scripted functions can be achieved if using SKSE, a tool that, when installed, allows some mods to use custom scripts that would not normally happen with an unmodded Skyrim.  One example is adding new game menu features.  The file extension is '.pex'.  There is also a Source folder within the Scripts folder.  The Source folder contains the source code (extension '.psc') of the scripts.  The source code is only for modders so you do not have to be concerned about those.

Sounds. Contains the sound files for the environment and voice files for the different races. The Elin race uses custom voices (separate mod that needs to be installed) and they can be found in this folder.

Strings. Contans files that helps translate the game or mod to other languages. Translations can also be done directly to the Master or Plugin. The String (translation) files tend to easier to create, but requires a tool that allows making translation files.

Textures. Contains the textures used by the meshes that is found in the Meshes folder. The head/body/hands/feet meshes use 4 different textures, each serve a particular purpose in order to make the NPCs or your playable character look good. Their file extension is '.dds'.

Before I can help you with the Elin race, I need to know which Elin race you want to install.  Elin race (a.k.a. Elin 1) or Tera Elin race (a.k.a. Elin 2)?  They're both Elins, but the installation and required mods are slightly different.

Elin 1 comes with more options such as followers and NPC replacers.

Elin 2 uses better customizations.

As for which are the Main Packages, I include the word 'MAIN' to the file name.  I try to be descriptive with the file names.

Elin Race (Elin 1) = 2014June16-UPDATE-ElinRace_Main_v1.4.1.7z

Tera Elin Race (Elin 2) = MAIN_TeraElinRace2_v1.1b -2014Oct09.7z

ah, thanks again.
well, first i probably have to deinstall all elin related things (plugins?) i placed in the mod-organiser, i guess..? but i think i also installed a mod... .-. the setup looked like it was a mod... (i had to chose from options and check boxes..)  but - maybe i installed opposite ones and they weren't compatible or so... eh, anyway,
 I don't really care much which one of the two, as long as it works.. ´ : ) so, maybe we can just try Elin 1 first?

ah, thanks again.

well, first i probably have to deinstall all elin related things (plugins?) i placed in the mod-organiser, i guess..? but i think i also installed a mod... .-. the setup looked like it was a mod... (i had to chose from options and check boxes..)  but - maybe i installed opposite ones and they weren't compatible or so... eh, anyway,

I don't really care much which one of the two, as long as it works.. ´ : ) so, maybe we can just try Elin 1 first?

Okay, uploaded some starter packs at the Elin 1 thread.  LINK

I chose to do this to make it easier for you and anyone having similar problems.

If you still want to know what files to install and in which order, I'll try to help with that.  This applies to the individual mods, not the Starter Packs.

As usual, I'm a big fan of your stuff. Thank you Psycho.

You're welcome.

To what are you referring to?  The starter packs?

They are for those people that just want to try out the race without dealing with too many options or can't get the race to work in their game.  Making an installer to install the core files with options to choose during installation defeats the purpose of these starter packs, people may just as well use the current files that make use of installers.

Have not started on the HDT body.  I'm working on compatibility with RaceMenu and splitting the next update to RM only and ECE only.  Also, with help from Deadzone45, author of the HDT Wearable tails, we're working on HDT Elin tails and ears.  Then there is XPMSE 2.22 and possible 2.23 update.

So I'm unable to release an HDT body anytime soon.