OBMM

VexyRage

Hi I'm relatively new to using mods of any kind, and new to this site, I'm not much of techie either, and am having as few problems loading omod files. I was wondering if someone might be able to show me where I could download the latest version of OBMM ..... the one I have now is about 3 yrs old ..... :(

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/index.php/Oblivion_Mods_FAQ

Skip down to the "Creating OMODs" section and it will walk you through it. There are also several tutorials there as well.

You're awesome, thanx so much!!! :) :) :) .....I also got the updater, and tried to run it but I kept getting a message saying the in an .ini file missing, I'm attaching the screen shot of the pop-up message.....and was wondering if it is essential to have it or not, and if so, where I could get it?......or do I just uninstall & re-install the OBMM?

I remember when I first installed obmm...

Next, you are going to have to reinstall all of your mods. And then you are going to find out that everything doesn't work, so you will have to reinstall it 4 more times, and in the process, you will find twice as many additional mods that you want... then you will install those, and it doesn't work because you needed wyre bash, so you will have to figure that out as well, then completely re-install again, and the process begins anew.

You are in for a ride.

wrye is basicly a swiss army knife that's much more powerfull than obmm the only thing it can't is load omod files but it loads 7zip winrar and winzip so :P

i prefer using bain installers (that's how you call a wrye archive) and wrye bash is handy for a bashed patch cutting down on your esp's by merging them which is handy when you got a huge mod collection

• 1 month later...

I have installed, but it says its some how not installed right, even tho I did what it said in the read me file, but, I still really have no clue how to use it, I'm not very good with tech.....unless its smashing it for not working :P

I think OBMM the newer versions do a registry check, that Oblivion is installed legitimately. I forget when they did this. Anyway Some installations might not be seen right.

During the install did you get a request to point it to where you have Oblivion installed or does it just find Oblivion on its own ?

If it does do a registry check, and does not find what it need to know. It may not install right.

Been so long sense I installed it I just don't remember all the details, and i don't want to go through it again..LOL

But you do need to have the Oblivion_default.ini which should be in your Oblivion folder. It is used for all archival invalidation.

OBMM is still the best overall archival invalidation tool. But wrye bash can do this too. Just that OBMM handles this better I think. I have them both, and I like them both.

But for archival invalidation I prefer OBMM. Mainly because I try to avoid bash patches, they can cause as much trouble as good, or at least that has been my problem with them.

Archived