Hacker alert if you download files from nexus.

Apache hairs

:-/

Great, Nexus screws up again. Looks like there's no rest for the admins tonight.

Would anyone be so kind to inform me the day stated in the supposedly "news"? Nexus is under maintenance at the moment.

Apache hairs

Great, Nexus screws up again. Looks like there's no rest for the admins tonight.

Would anyone be so kind to inform me the day stated in the supposedly "news"? Nexus is under maintenance at the moment.

it all happened yesterday during the midday, they had it fixed by 3pm-ish my time. (central US)

oh, and the mods they listed as Hacked were Apachii hair, SkyUi, something from Oblivion and Project Nevada from FNV.

Quote from the site: "Things have been tidied up and the threat has been removed. If you downloaded one of the compromised files listed above and ran it between the hours of 12pm and 2.30pm today then please run a full virus sweep of your system. If you did not download any of those files in that time then this breach will not have affected you. We've contacted each of the owners of the files listed above. For them, unfortunately, because their main files were removed they will need to be reuploaded and the stats will have been reset for those specific files. It's important to note that deleting an uploaded file does not reset or clear the main file's stats. It's just unfortunate that the stats for those specifically uploaded files will be lost. I'll have a word with the main database admin to see if we can't get the majority of stats for those files restored, with a bit of loss due to having to roll-back a day or two. If you're the owner of one of those files please send me a PM so we can look into that with you."

Apache hairs

it all happened yesterday during the midday, they had it fixed by 3pm-ish my time. (central US)

oh, and the mods they listed as Hacked were Apachii hair, SkyUi, something from Oblivion and Project Nevada from FNV.

Quote from the site: "Things have been tidied up and the threat has been removed. If you downloaded one of the compromised files listed above and ran it between the hours of 12pm and 2.30pm today then please run a full virus sweep of your system. If you did not download any of those files in that time then this breach will not have affected you. We've contacted each of the owners of the files listed above. For them, unfortunately, because their main files were removed they will need to be reuploaded and the stats will have been reset for those specific files. It's important to note that deleting an uploaded file does not reset or clear the main file's stats. It's just unfortunate that the stats for those specifically uploaded files will be lost. I'll have a word with the main database admin to see if we can't get the majority of stats for those files restored, with a bit of loss due to having to roll-back a day or two. If you're the owner of one of those files please send me a PM so we can look into that with you."

Crap, much thanks. I'm able to access the site now and I just read everything myself. Glad things got cleared up quickly. Although I have a feeling this isn't the first time Nexus had this issue...

just read the article linked in the beginning. :P

Remember this can happen anywhere at anytime so be alert don't use simple passwords and never same password, use different ones also don't bloody register everywhere do math or become a victim more easy, if you do ;)

Crap. I just spent the last few days rebuilding my entire Skyrim install...which includes some of those mods. Running scan now, wel'll see.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like I'm good. I remember Apachii being gone when I went to download it and wondered why. SkyUI installed normally and didn't get an executable, so I should be set.

Thanks for the heads up though, even if it did give me a slight panic attack. :P

I got Apachii and SkyUI several days ago. I did a full restore on my computer (probably over 500 updates for W7, too) so I had to also reinstall Skyrim. And my Skyrim is kinda' funky this time around. :o

:lol:

It all seems OK actually. But every file I downloaded (manually, and that gets scanned as soon as it downloads anyway) is all in one folder and I have two AV programs (one is scanning that folder right now! :P).

Archived