!DEAD THREAD!

Darkening Demise

I'm hoping for a feeling like Sims 2 had. I loved the massive amounts of mods for that game. Clothing mods and such. The game and movie styled clothing and character mods were a big selling point for me, Hopefully we see that with Sims 4. 

Oh great, another Sims game, or should I say another money sink for those people who have 400 dollars of extra cash and have no idea what to do with it. Seriously, a lot of people bash Sims games as "casual", but I find them fun. The only problem is EA likes to be fucking ridiculous when it comes to selling the content piecemeal for absurd amounts of money that adds up over time.

I own the Sims 3 and all the expansions for it (Save for Sweet Treats). That is probably as far as I will go with Sims until they do something extraordinary to the franchise. I usually play the game to build houses anyways. i spend hours making them then throw them on the website for others to use. 

• 1 month later...

Playing a sims game without at the very least a year worth of patches and fixes is insane anyway. It would be like playing 100% vanilla Skyrim, out of the box.

To hell with sims 4, sims 3 still has more than enough to keep me on my toes.

I probably shouldn't have said it, but it had to be done. **** EA!

54yye454.jpg

This guy post on yt have point. And that all new "emotion" system is just crap. As if that wasn't in sims 3 already or even in sims 2. Remember that vertical bar that had 3 filled states green, yellow and red (and platinum in sims 2)? For now sims 4 looks like castrated sims 3.

Guest Xxxxxxxx4688

I don't mind having to teleport from place to place really and the loading doesn't seem to take much more time than driving anyways.

I think this has some advantages too, like the locations seem to be bigger and more sims are there and stuff like that.

Also the simpler UI isn't that bad either.

Overall I'm looking forward to attaining this and all the DLC's thru some illicit means.  :cool:

I don't mind having to teleport from place to place really and the loading doesn't seem to take much more time than driving anyways.

I think this has some advantages too, like the locations seem to be bigger and more sims are there and stuff like that.

Also the simpler UI isn't that bad either.

Overall I'm looking forward to attaining this and all the DLC's thru some illicit means.  :cool:

The teleport will be horrendous if the loading times get as bad as The Sims 3's was after you get a bigger lot and more DLC...those took WAY too long for me, especially with the few odd glitches and lag I had that caused the game to stop for a time and crash occasionally.

As for what I think about how the game is shaping...obvious cash farming with the removal of features in the previous game + DLC, but we should have expected that after the leap from 2 to 3. I do like the new mood interactions though, with how negative mood/moodlitslits aren't always "your sim can't do anything until they feel better" and the new "enraged workout"...I also liked the new build mode and how it seems to be less clunky, and how the textures/colors are really nice (at least, they were in the park area with the trees). I'm a sucker for good shading :P

One reason why I probably wont pick this game up (at least right away) is they will probably pull the same stunt they did with the Sims 3 and their expansions. Initial release and then dangling more content every few months. I will hold off for a while at least. Also with the Sims 3 and all its content and custom DLC from the website I have enough to keep me entertained for a while.

Archived