IGNORED

I killed my PC with Skyrim

Guest Vendayn

Guest Vendayn

You won't see screenshots for a while.

You see, I'm like a guy from 1999...old ass PC, can't afford a new PC...REFUSES to lower the quality of a game and on top of that, even upgrades the graphics of the game cause he wants best game...and can't afford it...does it anyway...

So, I made a rather large mod compilation. I get 15 FPS on average, often goes to 10, its only playable cause game slows down so much that I don't actually notice it since it doesn't ever stutter. I even get 20 FPS in interiors rofl. The graphics as some of you may have seen, are top notch that my PC can't run...but I refuse to lower a single setting. The graphics are best graphics of any fantasy game. I refuse to lower my standards.

Again, I'm like the 1999 guy who can't afford a PC but refuses to downgrade his games :P and then kills his own PC and is forced to upgrade :P

So, my system...

Geforce 660 GTX 2GB (this is dying a painful death)

crappy as i5 CPU that is the crappiest CPU ever

crappy power supply (probably another reason and probably dying too)

8gig DDR3 ram (not enough ram)

no SSD drive

windows 7 64bit (yay :D)

And my mod compilation just single handedly killed my PC. Artifacts on browser, crashes constantly (and not mod related), artifacts in other games besides skyrim...errors and errors and errors. Crashes in all my games.

And I refuse to downgrade the graphics of my compilation mod. Not like it matters now, it already killed my PC. :P

I killed my PC :P

hehe that grass overhaul wasen't helping :P

Bleak ENB is Frame-rapist aswell, i remember playing high no enb bout 40Min put on Bleak ENB goes down to like 30Max.

but i find it hard to play without Bleak ENB or Serenity ENB,i mostly prefer Bleak ENB i just like how it makes npcs and my charatcer.

Guest smellbo

Im jelly

I'm running 43 mods on a laptop with 2gb ram, an AMD Athlon processor with 1.9ghz, dual core and integrated graphics.

When I enter the ragged flaggon, or most of The Reach, I get around 1fps :D

I don't really know what an i5 is, so not going to comment on that (just know that it is a quad core around 3.45ghz from google search, but not enough info to go off of with just "as i5").

But that killed your PC? Really? lol

I run this:

Windows 7 64bit

AMD Athlon II x4 645 Processor (3.10ghz quad core)

Nvidia GeForce GT 650 2GB

4GB Ram

No SSD either

This is a factory computer I bought several years back from Best Buy lol. I use tons of graphic overhauls and such, and I think the lowest my frames ever dropped to was around 25. I usually sit at a steady 30-40 fps in Skyrim. I'm using Ewi's High SkyrimPrefs and everything in this post along with Wet and Cold and SexLab added to that. ENB wise, I use HRK ENB or lately been using RealLike ENB as I like the color scheme.

And my game looks pretty darn gorgeous while still having some great performance. So I'm trying to wrap my head around why yours is doing so bad. All I'm saying is, you don't have to go all out to have a pretty looking game. You can still have a beautiful game, while also having great performance. Sacrificing little things here and there will go a long way to help you improve your game, while still keeping it looking decent.

Guest Vendayn

I use Serenity ENB screenarchery preset, which takes a lot of FPS. I already turned off things I didn't want, the rest I think adds a lot. Like I turned off that SSAO thing, since I never notice it enough to be worth it.

Plus a ton of 2k+4k textures.

And dunno what resolution the body textures are...I think they are actually 6k, but might be 4k.

Plus datgrass mod takes stuff up, but skyrim grass is too ugly without it.

And increased ugrids to 7, cause 5 makes too many popups and kinda ugly barren scenery and I don't play without it being 7. And 9 is not that much better compared to 5 and 7. I do use the ugrids stabilizer mod or whatever its called.

Plus increased patrols+1800 added animations+1000+ monsters added+1000+ animals added, and a bunch of animal/monster variety. More people on the roads, since when I played it without the random people traveling, it looks so dead usually lol...not much happens.

My friend however plays it 100% fine and has no issues at all or crashes or anything (after 30 hours of playing), but his PC is far better than mine. He paid 1k for it, and its pretty top end system. So, same exact mods (I gave him compilation) and load order...and he has no problems at all. So only thing is my crappy PC :P

But my PC was completely fine until I modded the heck out of Skyrim...then I kept trying to keep playing (Skyrim was first to get artifacts btw, and I kept getting video driver errors after I kept ignoring it and playing anyway, though I did restart PC at that point)...and that is when it started going bad.

Guest Vendayn

I do use the SKSE memory patch...without it, it isn't playable at all. Plus safety load (cause I get infinite load screens without it, even with memory patch. Friend plays fine without safety load though)...and I think that is it as far as that goes.

I'm going through and cleaning up some stuff on the PC though. In fact, 52% fragmented hard drive...which I dunno how that came up. But I haven't cleaned up the PC in months...I think since December actually. All I've done is dust it every week, but not clear out unneeded files and everything else.

(edit: My guess is in fact, 52% fragmented hard drive=really bad...dunno how it got that bad, since I never deleted anything at all program wise, just skyrim mods. And all I've done is install/remove skyrim mods).

nonsense nonsense nonsense all this is nonsense!

My PC AMD Phenom II X6 Black Edition 1100T 6x 3.30GHz is 4 years old.
I have a AMD Radeon HD 6870! 4gig DDR3 ram

I can Skyrim in all "maximum settings" play.
"on the one hand" I use HDT graphic mods, all over 4K and it works smoothly.
a game can never destroy a PC, unless you'd overclock it.

My graphics card came factory overclocked.

I know that there are graphics cards are already overclocked from the factory from.

of these preset cards I let principle the finger, because the life expectancy of such a card will be drastically reduced.

Guest Vendayn

Well, I went through and cleaned everything out. I also cleaned windows, it had tons of junk on it. Defragmented, used CCleaner. Like 40gb of temp files...and it was mostly skyrim stuff. Dunno why a lot of skyrim mods went into windows temp folder...a little weird. But that was 40gb worth. A bunch of extra skyrim files (.dds and stuff) were in there lol. And I did other stuff too.

Hopefully it works better. So far though, no artifacts...games are working thus far. I tried witcher 2 and it was working perfectly. And no signs of artifacts or errors.

Guest Vendayn

It turns out, sexlab with poser mod was causing the problem. Both mods used, major problems. Remove poser (and did fnis user of course)...no problem. Put back. Problem. Removed sexlab. Poser worked. Put back and major game breaking issues again. I thought it was my PC, but it turns out it was not. Oh, and when they were together I lost 10-15 FPS...if I removed one or the other I gained it back.

And yeah I did fnis user each time I removed/added.

Was giving me runtime errors, artifacts and all kinds of things. So must be a compatibility issue with those two. Which is weird as I assume tons of people are using them together. And I sort with LOOT, and then manually with wrye to fix master re-order thing. So I'm gonna just remove sexlab since I like posing for screenshots. :P

I have the exact same setup, only 8gig DDR3 RAM and yes, my heavily modded Skyrim runs fine.

The game crashes occasionally but mostly from SG Hairs 220 when cycling through them in Racemenu.

I have the exact same setup, only 8gig DDR3 RAM and yes, my heavily modded Skyrim runs fine.

The game crashes occasionally but mostly from SG Hairs 220 when cycling through them in Racemenu.

the only thing I can not use are ENB mods, press the performance of my PC!

I have a loss of 15-30 FPS, otherwise the I have absolutely no problems, crashes are very rare, only when too much action is available at once.

I also have a lot of mods installed 256 ESP \ ESM files, it is 60.2 GB in size and as I said almost no problems.

Guest Vendayn

Well, problem is solved. For some reason, it was definitely sexlab and poser combined. But, I assume a lot of people use those together. However, on a separate Windows 7 PC that is a brand new install...

I used Skyrim, not a single mod...complete clean install. All I had was sexlab+poser+required files...and it happened again. This PC is a bit older than the one I mostly use for games and one I'm posting with. And the same problems started...runtime errors, artifacts and tons of crashes. I remove sexlab...it works...put it back...remove poser...it works. So, for some reason it doesn't work for me. Even after re-downloading both multiple times.

But that does appear to be the problem for me...which is weird. Cause like I said, a lot of people probably use that combination.

But its solved.

the only thing I can not use are ENB mods, press the performance of my PC!

I have a loss of 15-30 FPS, otherwise the I have absolutely no problems, crashes are very rare, only when too much action is available at once.

I also have a lot of mods installed 256 ESP \ ESM files, it is 60.2 GB in size and as I said almost no problems.

Have you tried turning of compression in enblocal.ini?

For me turning off compression improves the frame rate by about 10-15FPS.

I also get find performance is better when using ENB if vsync is turned off and the ENB limiter is set to 58.

u guys dont know CTDs  till u play skyrim with a 20fps avg with 100+ mods installed. at one time i actually made it to level 30 without corrupt saves. absolute miracle. 

How often I add/change mods it is rare for me not to see a few CTDs.

However performance is not an issue for me unless I do something stupid  (set ENBs FPS limit to 10, or up ugrids to 15 for...I don't know why)

u guys dont know CTDs  till u play skyrim with a 20fps avg with 100+ mods installed. at one time i actually made it to level 30 without corrupt saves. absolute miracle. 

There are parts in Skyrim where even my r9 290 has trouble staying above 20 fps. Dont ask me about mods, simply too much.

Archived