Best Gameplay Overhauls/mods?

So I've beaten the main quest now, and with a new PC coming soon

I want a brand new skyrim experience!

What are some good gameplay overhauls to give me a more difficult and realistic experience?

I've tried RND, hypothermia, and obis & asis

Any others I may be missing? Thanks

Requiem or Skyre

Or use combo of other mods

(ASIS or random encounters,Deadly dragon+dragoncombatoverhaul,frostfall+rnd+pn,sic,hightlevel enemy,revenge of enemy,sperg or ace,wet and cold,cco,skymomod,trade and barter,duel..)Just combine mods what you like for your gustom overhaul :)

For me, a good change of the textures and environments brought a completely new experience to the game. When I got bored of Skyrim way back after Dragonborn, it was mostly just being tired of seeing the same bland and boring enviroment.

So I changed that. Started using NobleSkyrimHD2K, Expanded Towns and Cities, Summer Skyrim, Dawn of Whiterun (and the others), Whiterun Outskirts Market (with the patch), Sakura Snow, Climates of Tamriel with the Weather Patch, even things like Inhabitants of Skyrim to overhaul all the NPCs, and a bunch of other stuff. Let me tell ya, the changes those make to the world gives a whole new life to Skyrim and definitely refreshes it. Along with a nice ENB (I use HRK ENB) and you got a new gorgeous game to explore.

Of course you still have the old quests and stuff, and while everything looks much more prettier, you're still doing the same things. So quest wise, check out some of these:

-Helgen Reborn (fully voiced story mod that lets you rebuild Helgen)

-Falskaar (a whole new land to go to with all kinds of awesome)

-Wyrmstooth (another new island with a solid story fighting dragons)

-Vilja in Skyrim (fully voiced unique follower with a full quest chain)

-Moonpath to Elsweyr (go to the Khajiit lands with a few quests there)

Several others as well, even things like Immersive Creatures to add more monsters for you to kill. New weapons to play with like Rifles, Pistols, etc. If you're into the SexLab stuff, download some of the big addons to try out like Sanguine's Debauchery or something.

There is plenty of mods that add full quests and big stories, just gotta go check them out. Plus like I said earlier, maybe your Skyrim just needs a makeover to give you a newer fresher image to look at. So many things to enhance your game further, hope you find what you're looking for. :)

For me, a good change of the textures and environments brought a completely new experience to the game. When I got bored of Skyrim way back after Dragonborn, it was mostly just being tired of seeing the same bland and boring enviroment.

So I changed that. Started using NobleSkyrimHD2K, Expanded Towns and Cities, Summer Skyrim, Dawn of Whiterun (and the others), Whiterun Outskirts Market (with the patch), Sakura Snow, Climates of Tamriel with the Weather Patch, even things like Inhabitants of Skyrim to overhaul all the NPCs, and a bunch of other stuff. Let me tell ya, the changes those make to the world gives a whole new life to Skyrim and definitely refreshes it. Along with a nice ENB (I use HRK ENB) and you got a new gorgeous game to explore.

Of course you still have the old quests and stuff, and while everything looks much more prettier, you're still doing the same things. So quest wise, check out some of these:

-Helgen Reborn (fully voiced story mod that lets you rebuild Helgen)

-Falskaar (a whole new land to go to with all kinds of awesome)

-Wyrmstooth (another new island with a solid story fighting dragons)

-Vilja in Skyrim (fully voiced unique follower with a full quest chain)

-Moonpath to Elsweyr (go to the Khajiit lands with a few quests there)

Several others as well, even things like Immersive Creatures to add more monsters for you to kill. New weapons to play with like Rifles, Pistols, etc. If you're into the SexLab stuff, download some of the big addons to try out like Sanguine's Debauchery or something.

There is plenty of mods that add full quests and big stories, just gotta go check them out. Plus like I said earlier, maybe your Skyrim just needs a makeover to give you a newer fresher image to look at. So many things to enhance your game further, hope you find what you're looking for. :)

Wow going to download all those landscape mods u mentioned!!!

Thanks

Thought I'd save you some trouble and show you what all I use to give you a nice makeover to your game. Install them in this order as well, and let them overwrite each other.

-Static Mesh Improvement Mod (improves all the meshes of well, stuff. Like ropes, chains, etc)

-Sexy Whiterun, Solitude, Winterhold, Windhelm, Riften, Villages and Towns, and Boats (texture overhauls for the different areas in Skyrim)

-NobleSkyrimMod HD-2K (the main texture overhaul. This is a big change to how Skyrim looks now)

-Climates of Tamriel and the Weather Patch (a whole new weather system)

-Realistic Water Two and Watercolor for Realistic Water Two (gorgeous water mod)

-Aspens to Cherry Blossoms (exactly what it says)

-Dawn of Whiterun, Dawn of Windhelm, Dawn of Riften (these overhaul the cities to make them look beautiful)

-Expanded Towns and Cities (awesome remake of all the little towns (don't forget the patches as well))

-Inside the Nebula (just a beautiful change to the night sky)

-Lanterns of Skyrim (adds laterns everywhere (don't forget to download a preset after you get the All in One. They have a Climates of Tamriel preset))

-Natural Intricate Spider Webs (yeah I know there are no orb weavers in Skyrim, but it still looks awesome)

-Proudspire Manor Refurbished (I personally like this more than any other as it has areas to put my Priest Masks and Claws)

-Radiant and Unique Potions and Poisons plus Booze (I like the glowing option with booze bottles)

-Relighting Skyrim (one of the best lighting mods for Skyrim in my opinion. Uses JiT scripts to control lighting. Very well done)

-Sakura Snow (cherry blossom petals instead of snowflakes. One of those personal taste mods)

-The Noble Family Collection (I use all of these except for Proudspire Manor, as I am already using the one above. They are gorgeous replacers)

-Transparent and Refracting Icicle (small thing, but makes a big change)

-Whiterun Outskirt Market and the Patch (makes Whiterun look more like the trading city it is supposed to be)

-Summer Skyrim (brings summer to Skyrim. Don't use Summer Skies, it conflicts with Climates of Tamriel)

Those will overhaul your environment tremendously and give Skyrim a whole new appearance. Of course, they look even better with a good ENB to go with it. Which all depends on your system really. If you're hurting for performance, try RealLike ENB. One of my favorite performance ENBs out there. If performance isn't an issue, check out HRK ENB. My personal favorite and looks gorgeous with all these mods.

Hope all that helps and have fun giving Skyrim a makeover! ;)

Thought I'd save you some trouble and show you what all I use to give you a nice makeover to your game. Install them in this order as well, and let them overwrite each other.

-Static Mesh Improvement Mod (improves all the meshes of well, stuff. Like ropes, chains, etc)

-Sexy Whiterun, Solitude, Winterhold, Windhelm, Riften, Villages and Towns, and Boats (texture overhauls for the different areas in Skyrim)

-NobleSkyrimMod HD-2K (the main texture overhaul. This is a big change to how Skyrim looks now)

-Climates of Tamriel and the Weather Patch (a whole new weather system)

-Realistic Water Two and Watercolor for Realistic Water Two (gorgeous water mod)

-Aspens to Cherry Blossoms (exactly what it says)

-Dawn of Whiterun, Dawn of Windhelm, Dawn of Riften (these overhaul the cities to make them look beautiful)

-Expanded Towns and Cities (awesome remake of all the little towns (don't forget the patches as well))

-Inside the Nebula (just a beautiful change to the night sky)

-Lanterns of Skyrim (adds laterns everywhere (don't forget to download a preset after you get the All in One. They have a Climates of Tamriel preset))

-Natural Intricate Spider Webs (yeah I know there are no orb weavers in Skyrim, but it still looks awesome)

-Proudspire Manor Refurbished (I personally like this more than any other as it has areas to put my Priest Masks and Claws)

-Radiant and Unique Potions and Poisons plus Booze (I like the glowing option with booze bottles)

-Relighting Skyrim (one of the best lighting mods for Skyrim in my opinion. Uses JiT scripts to control lighting. Very well done)

-Sakura Snow (cherry blossom petals instead of snowflakes. One of those personal taste mods)

-The Noble Family Collection (I use all of these except for Proudspire Manor, as I am already using the one above. They are gorgeous replacers)

-Transparent and Refracting Icicle (small thing, but makes a big change)

-Whiterun Outskirt Market and the Patch (makes Whiterun look more like the trading city it is supposed to be)

-Summer Skyrim (brings summer to Skyrim. Don't use Summer Skies, it conflicts with Climates of Tamriel)

Those will overhaul your environment tremendously and give Skyrim a whole new appearance. Of course, they look even better with a good ENB to go with it. Which all depends on your system really. If you're hurting for performance, try RealLike ENB. One of my favorite performance ENBs out there. If performance isn't an issue, check out HRK ENB. My personal favorite and looks gorgeous with all these mods.

Hope all that helps and have fun giving Skyrim a makeover! ;)

O wow thank u

U put the time in to detail each mod and the order I should install them in

For just lil ole me

I really appreciate it thank u again!

I strongly recommend this: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38148/?

Or anything similar, I'll add on if I have the motivation to think of more. 

Nevermind:

- Reduced Distance NPC Greetings (reduced the distance where NPC begin talking to you)

- No Spinning Death Animation (Non of that clumsy death for NPC and you)

- Attack Cancel (Attack Cancel, what more is there. It just cancels your attacks so you can respond to incoming attacks)

- Convenient Horses (Who doesn't know this, google it)

- NPC reduced vision angle (NPC are like owls without this. No, not the nocturnal part, the "I can see 360 degrees part)

- Run for Your Lives (Makes civilians run to shelter when dragon attacks)

- When Vampires Attack. (^Same as above, except for vampire raids)

- Dead Body Collision (Adds collision to dead bodies so you can step on their corpses like a hero)

- etc. etc.

Also I recommend you to use PureWaters instead of WATERS and increase the water transparency for your ENB. I've seen a few discussion, and the screens that get posted are just mind blowing. Makes me wish I actually get a desktop pc so I could do the same.

I've been trying to make combat in Skyrim more Dark Souls-esque but I can go so far with the dodge with TK Dodge. Bah, engine limitations.

edit: oh well, added some description. Why not.

A lot of great stuff out there, I like http://erkeilmods.altervista.org/skyrim/r-s-o/ (ERSO) if your looking for something that improves the experience without completely changing it all. Skyre is great if you want the whole game to be altered, it has a lot of conflicts with other mods, but is well done ERSO has less conflicts but really improves the original game rather than completely redoing the whole game.  ERSO is a good starting point.

Maybe someone's mentioned it but ERSO as a complete package of modules is ridiculously comprehensive, it covers just about everything you can think of. A great way to give yourself a very new game feeling. It's mostly script free too which is a massive bonus. 

Archived