Killmoves with HDT

jihadoftomorrow

My favorite part of HDT is how it adds it's bounciness to combat as well. I noticed none of the videos in youtube demonstrated this yet and I had already recorded some killmoves with HDT installed so I thought I'd compile the ones were it was more noticeable and make a video of it and share it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFC3gdU3tTg

Some of the cuts are subtle while the others are very noticeable but this is what I liked best with HDT.

UPDATE

Made a new video that focuses more on Capes and Hair

I've also been making videos for the CBBE Conversion thread

What I've made so far:

God those settings are so good, or you are a dam good video editor to only capture the parts that show clear crisp jiggle and effects with minimal clipping.

Also, you sir made me chuckle.

I award you a merry orange, to join you on your journey to spread merriment and joy to others ;)

That video brought back the question i had a while back... "why has no-one set up forearm collision yet?" especially for animations having the arm morph through breasts is just ergh...

That's an animation issue.

The animation WILL go from point a to point b, regardless of your collisions.

Setting up a forearm collision will not change that fact and could actually make the entire effect look even worse than just clipping.

At least that was my experience with early project flesh days.

What you need is to edit the animation itself to cope with the size/shape of your specific body.

Physics here won't change much of that as it pulls it's data from the animation of the bones.

Better animation = Better Physics

Better Physics != Better Animation

That's an animation issue.

The animation WILL go from point a to point b, regardless of your collisions.

Setting up a forearm collision will not change that fact and could actually make the entire effect look even worse than just clipping.

At least that was my experience with early project flesh days.

What you need is to edit the animation itself to cope with the size/shape of your specific body.

Physics here won't change much of that as it pulls it's data from the animation of the bones.

Better animation = Better Physics

Better Physics != Better Animation

Wait wait wait.... the breast is clipping due to the large size, having collision would move the breast right? that's the whole point!

How would an animation ignore that?? animations cant be THAT fucked up can they??

Wait wait wait.... the breast is clipping due to the large size, having collision would move the breast right? that's the whole point!

How would an animation ignore that?? animations cant be THAT fucked up can they??

The physics would move the breasts out as per dictated by the animation's movement.

There is already forearm collision in most of the basic HDT.xml's taken from the vanilla skyrim ragdoll.

The breasts can also only consequently move up to the limits as defined per in the physics constraints.

The combination of animation data and physics data is what you see. If in cases like this where the breasts dimensions are simply too large for the animation to even look right then even with unlimited free movement in the breasts you'll just get (IMO) bad looking results. Sure it may not clip but the end result would look ridiculously weird. Not to mention you'd screw up the motion of the breasts.

Solution:

Fix animation so that it doesn't move the arm where it'd be buried halfway through your breasts.

This way even with animation and physics constraints, you'll achieve a far superior result.

Red's idle's were not made with huge tits or soccer ball type tits in mind. This is why you will see clipping regardless of what you do physics wise. Even if you let the constraints be completely open, you'd just have spazzy breasts with bad motion but would at the least not collide with anything.

Physics is driven by animation, not the other way around.

You cannot tell the animation "Your hitting the breasts!!! Stop forearm! Don't push in any further!"

That forearm will move to it's designated position regardless. And if you have super cow tits, and a physics xml optimized for jiggle and motion. Your gonna get clipping.

The physics would move the breasts out as per dictated by the animation's movement.

There is already forearm collision in most of the basic HDT.xml's taken from the vanilla skyrim ragdoll.

The breasts can also only consequently move up to the limits as defined per in the physics constraints.

The combination of animation data and physics data is what you see. If in cases like this where the breasts dimensions are simply too large for the animation to even look right then even with unlimited free movement in the breasts you'll just get (IMO) bad looking results. Sure it may not clip but the end result would look ridiculously weird. Not to mention you'd screw up the motion of the breasts.

Solution:

Fix animation so that it doesn't move the arm where it'd be buried halfway through your breasts.

This way even with animation and physics constraints, you'll achieve a far superior result.

Red's idle's were not made with huge tits or soccer ball type tits in mind. This is why you will see clipping regardless of what you do physics wise. Even if you let the constraints be completely open, you'd just have spazzy breasts with bad motion but would at the least not collide with anything.

Physics is driven by animation, not the other way around.

You cannot tell the animation "Your hitting the breasts!!! Stop forearm! Don't push in any further!"

That forearm will move to it's designated position regardless. And if you have super cow tits, and a physics xml optimized for jiggle and motion. Your gonna get clipping.

NONONO  i think you got the wrong idea.... im hoping for the arms to move the breast out of the way...

also i said forearm and i meant the main arm... the upper arm... sorry, my fault...

but yeah im thinking about the upper arm colliding with the breast and moving it out of the way. it would look great on large breasts during animations but im not sure what it would do with SUPER breasts.

NONONO  i think you got the wrong idea.... im hoping for the arms to move the breast out of the way...

also i said forearm and i meant the main arm... the upper arm... sorry, my fault...

but yeah im thinking about the upper arm colliding with the breast and moving it out of the way. it would look great on large breasts during animations but im not sure what it would do with SUPER breasts.

Oh my bad xD

Oh my bad xD

Nope, was my fault.

if your thinking of doing it why not make a "base model" for collision?

Groovtama is making a tail skeleton for me that has 16 bones and i want the tail to collide with everything and everyone.

So far yoo has given me thighs and floor. but  want EVERYTHING!

if you really want to know... it was it for 2 things.

1. i have a personel wish to whip people with my tail.... yeah...

2. someone mentioned tails and sex don't work well... i aim to fix that.

yeah...sorry, I went a bit off there. but do you think its possible?

Nope, was my fault.

if your thinking of doing it why not make a "base model" for collision?

Groovtama is making a tail skeleton for me that has 16 bones and i want the tail to collide with everything and everyone.

So far yoo has given me thighs and floor. but  want EVERYTHING!

if you really want to know... it was it for 2 things.

1. i have a personel wish to whip people with my tail.... yeah...

2. someone mentioned tails and sex don't work well... i aim to fix that.

yeah...sorry, I went a bit off there. but do you think its possible?

Let's not hijack thread anymore than we already have xD

You can pm me/make a thread about it or join chat and discuss there if you wish :)

My apologies to OP, video still is pretty cool and it's nice to see on the nexus HDT page xD:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53996/?

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived