[REL] CRB and Custom Race Mods ~ by Trykz

View File

After a few months worth of work related interruptions,

hard drive melt-downs, processor fires, and video card explosion,

and a bunch of RL stuff getting in my way, I've finally arrived

at the point I've been trying to get to......

A while back I found that my mods kept getting broken every time

Bethesda patched the game. But for a while, I couldn't figure out

why. Finally, when they released the 1.5 patch it dawned on me.....

the file they were updating with every patch was Update.esm. So I set

out to find a way to circumvent the Update.esm altogether. And thus,

I created TCRA.

TCRA was a relatively simple collection of hundreds of custom assets.

It also contained copies of every playable race, complete with combat updates.

For a while, it was very convenient to have all those assets at my

immediate disposal. However, after actually paying attention to my

character creation habits, I found that I was always re-using a lot

of the same parts for every character I made.

So now I've created something new:

CRB

CRB serves the same purpose that TCRA did, but without TCRA's

hefty download size. Basically, I dropped every asset except for the head

meshes and race duplicates, making for a MUCH lighter required file.

This does make each race mod a bit larger, but I think this method will

work out much better. AND.....it allows me to upload my races directly to LL,

rather than rely on any mirrors

;)

So to start things off, here is CRB as well as 6 races for you to play around with

as I continue to rebuild some of my previous races, as well as some anticipated

new ones.

They all use the CBBE HDT Body by Blabba as a base for their shapes.

BodySlide Presets are included for every one, so you can reshape

the body to your personal preference, or BodySlide yourself some armors

for the included body shapes.

I may have forgotten some things (like race descriptions at the racemenu).

I'll get these sorted in the near future, and upload some new ESMs. I also

need to get some new Intro screens for you to ogle at

:P All in due time.

I'm just glad these are essentially finished enough for you to enjoy.

I'll eventually upload some empty replacer folders to facilitate easily

replacing the body meshes and textures. However, some races use

trademark assets, such as specific head parts or body textures. Replacer

folders will NOT be supplied for these. They are what make the

race what I intend it to be. And replacing those parts essentially makes

them a vanilla race with some custom abilities. If you want a race to

"appear" differently, make your own, or use a vanilla race and

RaceMenu/ECE. This is NOT open for discussion/consideration.

So bear with me as I build/update this thread into what I hope

it can be during the coming weeks

:D

Trykz

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/10/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    CRB is ALWAYS required.
  • Special Edition Compatible

When I tried out Spriggan Queen and Frost Elves I noticed a mismatch of the body and hand textures. On the SQ the hand is normal skin and not the green matching the body. With the Frost Elves the hand was noticeably darker than the body. Other than those glitches they are beautifully done. Love the magic effect on the SQ too!

When I tried out Spriggan Queen and Frost Elves I noticed a mismatch of the body and hand textures. On the SQ the hand is normal skin and not the green matching the body. With the Frost Elves the hand was noticeably darker than the body. Other than those glitches they are beautifully done. Love the magic effect on the SQ too!

hmm did you load the races after the Crb??

Yes, CRB is loaded before the races. Demoness and Moonshadow elves are fine. Mod organizer shows no conflicts or overriden files.

Edit: On a pure vanilla new game Spriggan Queen works perfectly. There must be another mod that  doesn't want to play nice with Spriggan Queen. Still a beautifully done race and I can live with the little conflict.

Edit2: Found the problem mod - Children of the sky. Unchecked it in my MO CRB profile and no mismatches on any CRB race.

• 2 weeks later...

when i try to run dual sheath redux patch it tells me crb esm is missing i have tried to reinstal crb but same thing happens .races work fine without running patch ,but i can't remove mods from my game without running a patch and it won't complete a patch . this includes dual sheath redux which i'm trying to uninstall because guards are walking around with their shields under their feet ahhhhhhrg !!

when i try to run dual sheath redux patch it tells me crb esm is missing i have tried to reinstal crb but same thing happens .races work fine without running patch ,but i can't remove mods from my game without running a patch and it won't complete a patch . this includes dual sheath redux which i'm trying to uninstall because guards are walking around with their shields under their feet ahhhhhhrg !!

Not really sure what I can do for you.

I don't use the mod you mentioned, but it sounds like it's author needs to have a look at it. CRB doesn't have anything to do with that mod, so that mod shouldn't be flagging it (or any other mod) as "missing" to perform it's functions properly.

Trykz

It's been awhile, but I'm sure DSR has MCM options that prevents NPCs from carrying shields on their backs.  This will stop the bug that makes the shield appear under the guard's feet.

hmm for some reason im gettin a CTD with Dwemer cyborg after i try to sleep in the bed for a new life....i'll try to sort out the issue then get back to ya but givin just a heads up on it.

I cant figure it out ive disabled over half my mods....which arnt many and i still cnat load into game past creation boss man.

• 2 weeks later...

It's great to see these still being worked on, even though it must be a huge headache to redo everything AGAIN. Can't imagine what you're going through, Trykz. :/

Finally got around to trying this new bundle out and I'm having a single big problem with it. CRB doesn't seem to be adding anything on its own (which it shouldn't, being the resource file only, right?) but adding the individual races (loaded after CRB) causes CTDs before the title screen pops up. So far, I've tried the Moonshadow and Frost elves, each on existing files+showracemenu and new games. 

All older versions, TCRA or not, have been disabled and removed. However, I have 7B installed as my general mesh replacer, so is CBBE a requirement for these? If so, that's most likely my problem, because I don't have anything else installed atm that could conflict, aside from armor/weapon mods & retextures. I'm also assuming RaceCompatibilty is already included in CRB, since you use a specific version?

EDIT: The CK says they need Skyrim.esm, CRB.esm and UNKNOWN
Could be the source of the CTD?

• 2 weeks later...

Great to see these still being worked on and look forward to seeing what races are coming next... :cool:

Had to come and re-download the Dwemer Cyborg because I found two mods that are perfect for her; Dread Prison and Dwarven Island. Well, at least so far Dwarven Island is. For some reason, the arrest spells of Dread Prison just don't work well with any of the CRB races, with anyone they cast the spell on resisting it...hopefully I can find some sort of remedy for this.

• 2 weeks later...

hmm for some reason im gettin a CTD with Dwemer cyborg after i try to sleep in the bed for a new life....i'll try to sort out the issue then get back to ya but givin just a heads up on it.

I cant figure it out ive disabled over half my mods....which arnt many and i still cnat load into game past creation boss man.

if you do a quick nord or breton choose your new life ~showracemenu make your dwemer and see if you can play from there .

It's been awhile, but I'm sure DSR has MCM options that prevents NPCs from carrying shields on their backs.  This will stop the bug that makes the shield appear under the guard's feet.

i would like to get rid of dual sheath  all together ,it just complicates my always trying new mods play style .thanks for your reply psychomachina ,and thanks for elin .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen anything coming from you in awhile. I hope all is well. Are you still working on the Bovine race and are there any plans  to go back to the Draenei race?

Same here. Hope all is well. You've got some really great work here with your races, (I just saw a thread for a shark anthropomorphic race, and it looked like it could be cool, but it's been in development for forever now), I know it's not easy, but you seem to have a real knack for it. I hope you come back and add the valkyrie and a couple more to this collection because you've had some really cool races and I'm sure you could bless the community with even more.  Stay healthy, inspired and happy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can not wait to see the Faun again, I however have a question for you since you are so good at making races and armor for them.  Is there any way to make the faun race be able to were vanilla armors with out giving them straight legs? If not ok. I was just curious.  Also will you be making the faun armor in any other colors, if you even bring that race back......?