Guess This Location.

2 hours ago, Mez558 said:

It's Autumnshade Clearing

Correct. Congratulations.

there isn't much that stands out about it

There is.

A typical Rift flora, that you would not have found anywhere else. There aren't any birch trees outside of the Rift. That was the first clue. Second was that one solitary birch stump, with Scaly Pholiota growing on it in the middle of the (third clue) flat, open space. The "cave" is in fact a shallow crevice. Fourth clue. Yes, it looks like a cave entrance but that was on purpose to make things more interesting and mislead, unless you do know your Skyrim.

If you had analysed this image carefully, you would've known there is no other place that looks like that in the entire Skyrim province.

Whenever I post something here, I am going to make sure this is not going to be an easy place to guess. But I will provide a screenshot with enough information that will allow people to guess the correct answer, IF they take time to analyse it, just like this one. You can be sure of that. In return I expect the same. I know Skyrim inside out, I want to be challenged, but I will post challenges as well. 11 years of not using fast travel pays off.

Edited by belegost
17 minutes ago, belegost said:

A typical Rift flora, that you would not have found anywhere else

Bear in mind that you are posting on a Modding forum so many of our games would not look like others in their flora...
That being said, I had not noticed Birch trees not being outside of the Rift. I am sure I have seen them elsewhere but I will take your word for it as even if I have it maybe due to Summer Overhaul or something.

Now I expect you to solve Andaius' post.

I think the Follower is Sofia, if that helps :D

Edited by Mez558

Bear in mind that you are posting on a Modding forum so many of our games would not look like others in their flora...

I do not post a heavily modded screenshots. That defeats the purpose of this here guessing game.

I could quite literally switch to my tropical overhaul load order, post a picture of Whiterun and you would've never guessed the location.

I had not noticed Birch trees not being outside of the Rift

Each hold has its own theme and a signature vegetation. Falkreath has pines, Reach has junipers, Hjaalmarch has whatever those weird trees growing on the swamp are, Whiterun is tundra, Rift is autumnal birch forest, Eastmarch is mostly volcanic hot springs, Pale is snow with sparse coniferous trees, Winterhold has glaciers and spiky grasses but no tall vegetation.

Now I expect you to solve Andaius' post

I've already given my answer. I only know of two dungeons that have exterior door like that off the top of my head. Since I'm wrong, someone else has to pick up the mantle. I am not that good yet. Give me another 10 years and we'll talk again once I pass 20k hours.

Edited by belegost
1 hour ago, DocClox said:

I still don't know where it is, but at least I can see what I'm looking at.

:classic_biggrin: but that better picture gives me an idea ... will need to check that out (after this work-week is over and I can get back into our Skyrim :classic_dry:)

On 4/20/2023 at 8:58 AM, DocClox said:

I still don't know where it is, but at least I can see what I'm looking at.

This has already been answered correctly.

A two-parter:

What named location (represented by the flagpole at the top-middle of the screenshot) am I looking at?

What other named location am I standing at?

20230425231558_1.jpg.ed576ff06e690916598c75776359a261.jpg

16 hours ago, belegost said:

A two-parter:

What named location (represented by the flagpole at the top-middle of the screenshot) am I looking at?

What other named location am I standing at?

20230425231558_1.jpg.ed576ff06e690916598c75776359a261.jpg

14 hours ago, puss2puss said:

omg i know this place..but dont remember the name! ....

It looks to me like the area between Rannveig's Fast and South Cold Rock Pass. The entrance to the Pass is pictured.

1 hour ago, Psalam said:

On the assumption I got the last one right, here's another one:

Can't check right now (I'm  stuck in a radstorm, north of Boston  :classic_ph34r: ☢️)

But I am tempted to say: you are looking up at Eldersblood Peak?

11 minutes ago, worik said:

Can't check right now (I'm  stuck in a radstorm, north of Boston  :classic_ph34r: ☢️)

But I am tempted to say: you are looking up at Eldersblood Peak?

Good guess but no.

(What other weather were you expecting in New England at this time of year?)

7 hours ago, Psalam said:

It looks to me like the area between Rannveig's Fast and South Cold Rock Pass. The entrance to the Pass is pictured.

Correct. Congratulations!