Modding : Pc Follower Lobotomized - Why?

zaira

Oh my god - if I assign a follower package to a NPC he follows me everywhere.

If I do the same with the PC the PC is stumbling around like a drunk - especially stairs and corners seems to be a problem - the PC stucks everywhere.

Is there a trick to make the PC following like a NPC?

By PC do you mean player character? If that's the case then how, and more importantly why, do you want your own character to behave like an NPC?

Or are you talking about turning one of your characters into an NPC and then adding a behaviour package?

Yes - the player. In my mod (WIP) the players follower is a femdom and sometimes she became angry and leads the player into submissive scenes - somehow like cut scenes.

It is working but it is annoying to get stuck at every obstacle.

I thought about creating a NPC clone for the cut scenes but have no idea how to copy the whole outfit and drive the camera.

Packages can not be added to the player.

On PC so many packages. There will be a problem of execution priority. This can lead to crashes the game.

I have seen such (packs emulation) a realization through scripts and the forced animation.

Stairs are a known problem, as sometimes are modded areas that don't have the NavMesh changed to reflect possible changes.
Just monitor if the player gets stuck and then move the player by script. Maybe there are other solutions, but after all whatever solution you use, it's a fix for a technical limitation we all have to deal with.

Packages can not be added to the player.

On PC so many packages. There will be a problem of execution priority. This can lead to crashes the game.

I have seen such (packs emulation) a realization through scripts and the forced animation.

That's not correct - you can assign an alias with packages to the player and enable the AI (Game.SetPlayerAIDriven()) - then the PC behaves exactly like a NPC - except walking around obstacles  :@

Stairs are a known problem, as sometimes are modded areas that don't have the NavMesh changed to reflect possible changes.

Just monitor if the player gets stuck and then move the player by script. Maybe there are other solutions, but after all whatever solution you use, it's a fix for a technical limitation we all have to deal with.

The problem with stairs is solved  scripts ...

No modded areas and not only stairs - corners as well.

Yes, kicking the players ass when he gets stucked sounds good - but I have no idea in which direction. I can't scan the area to avoid moving the player into objects.

Funny - do you have a link to examples? Maybe jumping really helps

No modded areas and not only stairs - corners as well.

Yes, kicking the players ass when he gets stucked sounds good - but I have no idea in which direction. I can't scan the area to avoid moving the player into objects.

As the PC follows an NPC that's rather easy: Put the player right behind her, at a distance of 75 or more units.

And getting stuck on corners is the same bug as seeing finishing moves with bows while you hit the clipping box of somthing and not the enemy.

Bad clipping boxes are bad and unless we get better collision mods as FO3 and FO:NV have them, there's not much we can do about this.

Funny - do you have a link to examples? Maybe jumping really helps

http://www.sendspace.com/file/cc8gb9

Only himself understands.

Essence. Analysis of the body via projections onto a plane.

(coordinates of the vectors)

Ok, the kick ass solution looks a bit strange but it works - thanks!

I have created a follower package that tracks the distance and beams the player behind the NPC if the distance exceeds a limit.

Archived