Which Follower Framework Do You Use?

gooser

Which Follower framework do you use?  

985 members have voted

1. 1. Which Follower framework do you use?

• Amazing Follower Tweaks
    • Ultimate Follower Overhaul
    • Extensible Follower Framework
    • Other Framework
    • None, I never use a Follower framework.

Should be a interesting poll. Though I am curious do the mods handle followers different enough it would effect what you do with Apropos?

It comes down needing to tell the difference between followers and regular NPCs. Generally, I see a lack of support for follower frameworks in SL mods. 

I don't use any. I looked through them all, but found each of them had some major issue that I couldn't be bothered dealing with. I like to keep things simple, and don't really need a million options for my sidekick, they're just there for appearances to me.

I just never saw a compelling reason to introduce such a complicated/script heavy mod.

I don't use any. I looked through them all, but found each of them had some major issue that I couldn't be bothered dealing with. I like to keep things simple, and don't really need a million options for my sidekick, they're just there for appearances to me.

I just never saw a compelling reason to introduce such a complicated/script heavy mod.

*big grin* 

You haven't seen my Whore Army. heheheh

With AFT I can have 5 followers active and as many as I want "parked". They travel in armor and change into their whore outfits in town. When they get home (Paradise Valley and Underground Bath House), they change into bikinis (Aradia Bikini).

To be fair, I'm not really "playing the game" at this point as much as I'm playing around inside the game. I've played through a few times and enjoyed it. 

And for waree.... Cerwiden works fine with AFT. I've had her in the group for months. Her AI is complex and you have to talk to her and set her up on HER AI and THEN work the AFT setup for her. She does work though. 

I am running TWO follower frameworks at once, AFT and PuppetMaster. I only use PuppetMaster though for special purposes but I have used it once in combination with AFT and had ten followers at once (it was just an experiment though, I hate having more then three followers).

I am running TWO follower frameworks at once, AFT and PuppetMaster. I only use PuppetMaster though for special purposes but I have used it once in combination with AFT and had ten followers at once (it was just an experiment though, I hate having more then three followers).

With AFT, there's a pause when you enter a new cell if you have setup each AFT managed follower's gear (standard gear, city gear, etc). With three (that's my number at low levels when playing with Skyre etc), followers it takes 3-4 secs before I can really move when changing cells.

UFO and AFT are neck and neck...I use AFT, but never tried UFO. Won't mind changing things around, all I need is a good way to manage inventory/clothing, basic AI behavior, and essential tag.

I would like to have some way to stop followers from picking up weapons they find in the area tho.

With AFT, there's a pause when you enter a new cell if you have setup each AFT managed follower's gear (standard gear, city gear, etc). With three (that's my number at low levels when playing with Skyre etc), followers it takes 3-4 secs before I can really move when changing cells.

Faster computer, I can move for a second or two and then get paused for a second while it switches their gear. I keep telling myself I need to look at the code, it must be hideous because it also swaps the gear more than once and sometimes only swaps some of the gear if a battle starts right away.

I like the gear swap option but would prefer it allowed me to specify which gear in which location without having to double-up some gear at times if I want the same item worn for multiple locations.

It also has a maximum of 28 managed NPCs so you can't keep an unlimited number in "storage" but 28 does seem to be a lot for followers.

If I were to write my own though, I'd start with the PuppetMaster one I think update it to use the PapyrusUtility code (by the same author as PuppetMaster btw) and then add gear management functionality like AFT has.

I've tried all three.

UFO- Older than the hills, the features are sub-par, just... meh. Needless to say it did not last long.

AFT: Lots of features, both direct and indirect. My choice.

EFF: I loved the UI (I love how it harkened back to the Fallout NV comanion wheel), but it gave me problems. The magic menu crashed if I and my companion were wearing GELO armor, and the combat command is pretty useless: I select Erandur to mage and he still goes derping in like a warrior and gets himself killed. I really wanted to like this one, I really did, but eventually I just went back to AFT. Yeah AFT's dialogue menu is more clunky, but all in all AFT just works better.

Archived