[Tutorial] FOMM - Installation and First Activation:

FOMM Installation and First Activation Tutorial:

This tutorial covers the basic installation of the customized FOMM found hereThis is the only version supported by this tutorial. Any problems or issues with the functioning of FOMM should be asked here. Don't know how to use FOMM check here. Still have problems post your FOMM related questions here. Thank You.

Moved to Google Docs

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rf7Fjl9WiSOddapOi5Xpmoze0e8bZyK4kOSeLVE-9Vg/edit?usp=sharing

• 4 months later...

I don't cover this in the tutorial.This thread is a simple installation tutorial. I also never had that problem. Don't know what can cause it so I would advise you to ask the creator/maintaner on nexus if you are using his.. or ask the version that Pride is working on if you are using his. ( advised to use his anyway. Seems more stable now.)

Something I've noticed with FOMM but not with the nexus manager is that sometimes it will launch the fallout launcher even when you select "launch NVSE."

Is there a way to fix this?

Don't know but it's never caused a problem doing that for me, I think it only happens if Steams offline or something.

That's NVSE doing it not FOMM. If steam is not active then NVSE tries to start it and restart itself. If NVSE does not take back control after starting steam, steam load the vanilla launcher. Morality: always start steam before FOMM.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Having an issue with FOMM.  It's working fine with FNV.  It was working with FO3 yesterday and today when I try to launch FOMM for FO3 it gives a message that it needs to update and might take a few minutes.  When I click on OK, it crashes with a message: "An error occured while upgrading your log file".  I can still play the game with the mods I have, but I can't launch FOMM to add or subtract mods.  I don't know what happened since I played the game last night.

The only thing I've seen is possibly reinstalling the game or changing the location of the files (which might make me reinstall).  The only thing I can guess in addition to this is the path for FO3/FOMM is incorrect.  The Mod File and Install Info, maybe, I'm not sure.  I don't know where to locate that to fix it.  I reinstalled FOMM to try to fix the path, but that option didn't show last time I reinstalled FOMM.

Any suggestions?

If you are using the version located here on LL. Check with that thread. I haven't seen this or heard of this problem yet. I have no ideas on what the issue is that is causing it. If the version you are using is from Nexus you might decide to use the one from LL. Our version is currently being upgraded and has fixes on  some various issues that were occurring with the older Nexus version.

If you are using the version located here on LL. Check with that thread. I haven't seen this or heard of this problem yet. I have no ideas on what the issue is that is causing it. If the version you are using is from Nexus you might decide to use the one from LL. Our version is currently being upgraded and has fixes on  some various issues that were occurring with the older Nexus version.

Oh cool.  Thank you.  I'll try that for sure.

No problem. Read a bit on the version hosted here if you haven't already. I haven't used it in a long time so there might be some "conditions" or issues that might need to be addressed or such. However even experience I had with the older versions that Pride developed was a massive improvement on the manager in my opinion and the fact that he is constantly (well near constantly) working on developing it with lofty goals of even being able to manage Oblivion files as well as Skyrim files as well in the future. This FOMM is the one to watch.

I have noticed a difference using the FOMM here on LL.  I don't know if it's common, but the activating and deactivating times are very fast.  I've had one or two versions in the past that were slow, which is uncommon.  I haven't had any success with FOMM and FO3 to fix the issue.  I'm baffled.  It worked and then it didn't.  I'm not too bright when it comes to technical stuff.  Sadly, it's probably something to easily fix, but everything I've read hasn't produced a resolution.  FOMM with FNV works a charm luckily.  I'll probably make another attempt soon to work out FO3, but I'll enjoy FNV for a bit.

There were three options I've seen often posted in forums.  One wasn't recommended, which was to disable something like UEC or UAC or something like that.  So I steered clear of that option.  Then there was moving where you place FO3 and making sure it wasn't in C: files.  Honestly, I don't know where you would place the game.  There was also the recommendation to reinstall the game.  I'm guessing that it would have to be placed somewhere other than the C: drive in order to take effect?  I don't know.

Thanks again.

• 4 months later...