New high poly body on Nexus

zax

"female bodies don't look like that, it's not realistic".

Not realistic?, then why play an unrealistic game like Skyrim at all???!.

What tickles my funny bone is, the guy stated  -- on the front page of the mod, no less -- that it was obviously....OBVIOUSLY not meant to be realistic....

I guess it wasn't that obvious to some. That or, like many people, they looked at the pictures but didn't actually read anything about the body, itself.

Sorry if my post came out wrong, but my post was supposed to be sarcastic ( and a complaint at the complainers :P ) and the quoted "female bodies don't look like that, it's not realistic" was about what people have posted here or on nexus, i do not care for realism in my game and actually use the body.

I mean people complain about the body being unrealistic, but the whole game itself is unrealistic (dragons, walking dead, magic etc), its a Fantasy body for a Fantasy game.

I am already using the body for a custom follower and had added my own weight paints for HDT to it (using the modders resource), way before the enhanced version was released (tracked and endorsed the original).

When the enhanced version was released and came with the added vag, i took that body instead removed the terrible weights paints and added my own HDT weights again (removed breast01 etc), fixed the seams, and redone the face texture to be less 'shiny' (match the body).

I like how the textures actually make use of the high poly body. Something I personally could not achieve with my body model :P.

It's completely unrealistic, but fitting to the fantasy setting of Skyrim :D.

I disagree that it fits the fantasy setting of Skyrim.  Yes, it could be classified as fantasy, but there are different types.  Just as Lord of The Rings doesn't bear any resemblance to Heavy Metal, Skyrim doesn't bear any resemblance to this.

Anyway... I do like that the high poly model looks very smooth and high quality, but honestly I'm really tired of the cartoonishly proportioned breasts and asses.  They really basically all look the same to me at this point.  Having a couple to choose from is maybe nice for a specific NPC, but I don't think that more contributions to this "genre" of model are useful.  I'd like to see more bodies that distinguish themselves from other bodies in purpose or overall shape.  CNHF, for instance, with its emphasis on a realistic, functional, and strong warrior aesthetic (rather than simply a toned body builder look), or the Pandora body with it's different-than-usual hip and breast shapes.

I'm not sure if you genuinely don't understand why people would say that or if you're purposely ignoring commonly understood ideas for the purpose of making a catchy argument, but...

It seems pretty clear to me that when people make the argument that it isn't "realistic", that it also includes the fact that it isn't consistent with the aesthetic of Skyrim.  There are, in fact, different types of fantasy settings.  Some are "realistic" fantasy settings, like Lord of The Rings or, yes, Skyrim.  In those settings, people look very much like normal humans and the world looks very much like the normal world, with the exception that there are elements that don't exist -- dragons, magic, lycanthropes, and what-have-you.  Then there are other aesthetics, like the "Heavy Metal" or "Boris Vallejo" look where the women all have giant boobs, the men all look like body builders, and nobody wears any clothing or armor that covers anything.

Skyrim is "realistic with fantasy elements".  That's why it is not inconsistent to criticize something for not being realistic, even in a fantasy game.

I like how the textures actually make use of the high poly body. Something I personally could not achieve with my body model :P.

It's completely unrealistic, but fitting to the fantasy setting of Skyrim :D.

I disagree that it fits the fantasy setting of Skyrim.  Yes, it could be classified as fantasy, but there are different types.  Just as Lord of The Rings doesn't bear any resemblance to Heavy Metal, Skyrim doesn't bear any resemblance to this.

Actually, we would have to know what Dibella considers a "blessing" before we would have any idea if this body is applicable to this particular fantasy setting. Is her blessing meant to be functional, or aesthetically pleasing (which it is for some, not as much for others)? Considering Dibella is the Aedric Divine of love, artistry and eroticism, it's not all that ludicrous that she would gift this sort of body to her most ardent followers, if we're speaking lore-wise. 

Or we could just say fuck it and let the people who want monster tits have their monster tits.lol

I'm not sure if you genuinely don't understand why people would say that or if you're purposely ignoring commonly understood ideas for the purpose of making a catchy argument, but...

It seems pretty clear to me that when people make the argument that it isn't "realistic", that it also includes the fact that it isn't consistent with the aesthetic of Skyrim.  There are, in fact, different types of fantasy settings.  Some are "realistic" fantasy settings, like Lord of The Rings or, yes, Skyrim.  In those settings, people look very much like normal humans and the world looks very much like the normal world, with the exception that there are elements that don't exist -- dragons, magic, lycanthropes, and what-have-you.  Then there are other aesthetics, like the "Heavy Metal" or "Boris Vallejo" look where the women all have giant boobs, the men all look like body builders, and nobody wears any clothing or armor that covers anything.

Skyrim is "realistic with fantasy elements".  That's why it is not inconsistent to criticize something for not being realistic, even in a fantasy game.

Me thinks you have also fallen into the trap you mentioned yourself :) as I read the post as a observation about how incoherent people are when they use the term "realistic"

As your already willing to accept you have been transported to a fictional enviroment using a fictional character in a fictional time with fictional goals and fictional followers and companions why is the size of someones fictional breasts (or knee's) a step to far?

I'd also not define LotR's or skyrim as realistic even within the fantasy setting myself

I think realistic is a bad term to discussions like these. I think immersive is a better term. We all have our lines in the sand where it goes from being what we consider a immersive believable fantasy setting to over the top. That line is in a different place for all of us.

Me personally I like things that exist or have existed in real life to have the game resemble that. So I like buildings and land to look like what I could see in locations in real life, people to look like someone I could see in real life(minus cosmetic surgery) etc.

For others there is very little limit, for them if one part is fantasy then all of it should be. I have a friend that way, he likes what I consider crazy over the top fantasy. Like flying castles, teleport beacons that go all over, horseless carriages,  etc.

Neither is right or wrong, we just have different lines in the sand. Which is what this discussion of realistic is really about.

'Immersive' is even less definitive than 'realistic', cause you can immerse yourself in anywhing you want. I for example gladly immerse myself in a skyrim filled with dickgirls with big boobs and cocks. That's immersion for me. The one thing I think can step us is 'lorefriendly', but not many people actually cares about TES lore. Or have diferent mod builds/set ups to play with in Mod Organizer.

I think realistic is a bad term to discussions like these. I think immersive is a better term. We all have our lines in the sand where it goes from being what we consider a immersive believable fantasy setting to over the top. That line is in a different place for all of us.

Me personally I like things that exist or have existed in real life to have the game resemble that. So I like buildings and land to look like what I could see in locations in real life, people to look like someone I could see in real life(minus cosmetic surgery) etc.

For others there is very little limit, for them if one part is fantasy then all of it should be. I have a friend that way, he likes what I consider crazy over the top fantasy. Like flying castles, teleport beacons that go all over, horseless carriages,  etc.

Neither is right or wrong, we just have different lines in the sand. Which is what this discussion of realistic is really about.

It's really a flat discussion, because the things that are different about life also apply to Skyrim. In the real world, we have bodies that look very much like Touched by Dibella -- they're just surgically enhanced. It's not something you get naturally. 

In Skyrim, there is a body like Touched by Dibella -- it's just representative of some kind of "blessing." Divined by a Divine, funny enough. So replace "surgically enhanced" with "magically touched....by Dibella" (pun intended) and call it a day. it's the other side of the same coin. Even in Skyrim there are magical ways of achieving God-like power -- so why not a physical form?

Lore-wise, this is likely the most lore friendly body out there. I'm dead fucking serious; since we don't know what Dibella considers a gift to her followers, we cannot reasonably say what sort of shape she would bestow. Only that it would be aesthetically pleasing (which this is to many) and highly sexual (which this obviously is....I mean, my God).

It's amazing to still see people talking about realism in modding like it's the fucking law. Who on earth ever said that we should mod with realism in mind ? More relevant to the nexus forums where you can see daily people complaining about modders making something they found "unrealistic" though.

Just one thing to say : holy fucking cow dude it's a game about fighting freaking dragons and eating their souls and saving an imaginary world with it, but you complain about boobies being too big ?!

Body looks great, can't wait till someone manages to bake some nice textures for it's UV maps. 

'Immersive' is even less definitive than 'realistic', cause you can immerse yourself in anywhing you want. I for example gladly immerse myself in a skyrim filled with dickgirls with big boobs and cocks. That's immersion for me. The one thing I think can step us is 'lorefriendly', but not many people actually cares about TES lore. Or have diferent mod builds/set ups to play with in Mod Organizer.

Which is my point, where we each draw the line on what is or is not immersive is different. Same as where we each draw the line on what is realistic. I think immersive describes better what people are talking about. It is the things required for each person to become immersed and invested in the game. If it goes beyond a certain point it stops becoming immersive for them.

Which was my whole point.

It's really a flat discussion, because the things that are different about life also apply to Skyrim. In the real world, we have bodies that look very much like Touched by Dibella -- they're just surgically enhanced. It's not something you get naturally. 

In Skyrim, there is a body like Touched by Dibella -- it's just representative of some kind of "blessing." Divined by a Divine, funny enough. So replace "surgically enhanced" with "magically touched....by Dibella" (pun intended) and call it a day. it's the other side of the same coin. Even in Skyrim there are magical ways of achieving God-like power -- so why not a physical form?

Lore-wise, this is likely the most lore friendly body out there. I'm dead fucking serious; since we don't know what Dibella considers a gift to her followers, we cannot reasonably say what sort of shape she would bestow. Only that it would be aesthetically pleasing (which this is to many) and highly sexual (which this obviously is....I mean, my God).

Again that is my point. I used myself and my friend as example both very different views on what we still consider immersive. There is no wrong or right answer, it is what each of us find acceptable for our own personal taste. Which is why I find the term immersive better, than realistic. Realistic implies based on reality. Immersive just means the level to which we find things fitting for our own views.

Again that is my point. I used myself and my friend as example both very different views on what we still consider immersive. There is no wrong or right answer, it is what each of us find acceptable for our own personal taste. Which is why I find the term immersive better, than realistic. Realistic implies based on reality. Immersive just means the level to which we find things fitting for our own views.

That makes perfect sense, and when a person adheres to their own idea of what is "immersive," no harm, no foul. It's only when somehow a person uses immersion as a hatchet tactic to try and dictate what should fit into that term that the trouble starts. 

The beautiful thing about immersion -- as it relates to Skyrim -- is that, while the mods are modular, by definition, the game is actually extremely insular. Everything you put into your game is for your own enjoyment. Unless you share screenshots or videos, nothing you put in your game will be witnessed by anyone outside of the people you choose to let watch you play. The reason this is beautiful is, you control the flow of mods into your game -- so nobody can FORCE you to live with something like Touched by Dibella if it simply is not your taste. 

Because immersion exists like that in Skyrim, nobodies immersion is ever at-risk; if you don't want Touched by Dibella in your game, the body never intrudes on your game playing experience. 

So bitching about it here, or anywhere else for that matter, serves absolutely no purpose -- unless venting is just therapeutic to some (which I'm sure it probably is on some level).

It all boils down to a colossal waste of time.

I agree completely. Since what is and is not is very subjective and if everyone would come to the conclusion they was talking about immersion and not reality then hopefully everyone would come to the conclusion. It is a matter of taste on what is or is not fitting and honestly stop agruing about if the body fit or not.

Me personally the body is not my thing, but if others enjoy it then I am glad someone is making the body for them.

What a weird subject to have an argument about realism over. Lol. Like, huh?! Nothing about Skyrim, or A LOT of the body mods available, are "realistic".

I may not use it, but it's definitely an impressive body mod. Whether it's realistic or not is irrelevant. Maybe the proportions are a bit much, but it seems to be in the same vein of the 7B bodies. It's got some serious curves. I have a feeling if you added visible muscles to 7B (which every body mod is sorely lacking in), it'd probably look like this.

Well you learn something new everyday. 

I don't use Body Slide much, myself -- mostly because, right now, I haven't seen a Body Slide mesh that could compare with a hand-crafted mesh in terms of quality. 

Once the Unibody comes out, that's probably when I'll think about switching to Body Slide permanently. Right now, I always go for quality over diversity in looks. 

Actually any bodyslide project uses a single mesh as basic 'shade data' and that mesh if as 'hand-crafted' as any other. And also every single slider is hand-crafted as an independent mesh before being ported into a bodyslide data file, aka usable slider. That's why quality of bodyslide is so way over bone scaling body parts, like Racemenu/ECE, etc. Obviously if you play exagerated with sliders (like 1000% nipples or -300% waist) you can create monstrosities, but high quality monstrosities...!

All I know is nothing change since Oblivion days. Touch by Dibella. Touch by Dibella Enhanced? By two months going have

fifteen version updates plus addons with main package version v2_5. :lol: Poor guy, put more time in Lab wouldn't be working

so hard fix errors every day. Good luck being beta testers, just going sit back wait for Touch by Dibella Enhanced Definitive

Version. :P Nicely done model and textures, but can't overlook fact this rush out door.

All I know is nothing change since Oblivion days. Touch by Dibella. Touch by Dibella Enhanced? By two months going have

fifteen version updates plus addons with main package version v2_5. :lol: Poor guy, put more time in Lab wouldn't be working

so hard fix errors every day. Good luck being beta testers, just going sit back wait for Touch by Dibella Enhanced Definitive

Version. :P Nicely done model and textures, but can't overlook fact this rush out door.

Well he did say it was a beta release. 

If it was my mod I'd have insisted the other guy had his vag edition files on my download page, but he's got his body featured twice in the hot files so I guess he's happy. 

Archived