New high poly body on Nexus

zax

Sorry, but even UNP is better than CHSBHC.

Also you compare a Beta release with a two years old body(two years where people were able to do mods for the body).

Somehow this reminds of people who are complaining about an old gaming engine which is used for additional titles of a franchise again and again.

Here we get an upgrade for a game we like but somehow people prefer something which is two years old...

And again, it's easier to create additional shapes/derivatives(more realistic or even more exaggerated) with a good resource than shaping a whole new body.

Damnit, it's about time for something new to come, I cannot stand these old bodytypes any longer.

see-you and I am here a different opinion, that old has been assessable. I have no desire over and over again, all the "to modify". my time is far too precious to only ever to "reinstall", I want to enjoy my game. check out oblivion, since there were not nearly as many body types! here in skyrim a real competing is broken, how many bodies already exist for skyrim, 20, 30 or even 40?

german

siehst-du und ich bin da einer anderen meinung , daß alte hat sich bisher bewert . ich habe keine lust immer und immer wieder, alles "zu ändern". meine zeit ist viel zu kostbar um immer nur zu "neu installieren" , ich möchte mein spiel genießen . schau dir oblivion an , da gab es bei weitem nicht so viele körpertypen ! hier in skyrim ist ein richtiger wettstreit ausgebrochen , wieviele körper gibt es bereits für skyrim , 20 , 30 oder sogar schon 40 ?

Well, that went fast...

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53316/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D53316%26preview%3D&pUp=1

Apparently this is a derivative of the original TbD body that has HDT and modeled genitalia. Interesting, I might actually consider this...

EDIT: I just gave it a shot. I'm not really satisfied with it. The body itself is HDT compatible, but strangely enough, the armors are not (even with HDT Havok Object equipped). Also, there appear to be "holes" in the body - no, not what YOU think, I mean "holes" as in "texture missing" (or vertex missing, can't tell). This happens especially at the bottom of the breast area and on the waist.

That body mod is fascinating to stare at. if Rubens had lived on Muscle Beach this might be what he'd come up with. But I wouldn't actually have it in my game, even if it was the only alternative I'd use vanilla. But it's impressive still, especially putting it out with a bunch of armors all ready to go.

I think it goes way beyond just taste though. If I see a body I quite like, the first thing I'm thinking about is armor mod support. If it doesn't have much of it, it doesn't matter how close to my taste it is, I'm not going to use it because what I love most is dressing up my characters. 

There's far too much fragmentation and it really shows. As far as high poly meshes go Doctor Blabba and his team of elite surgeons are our only hope at this point I reckon. 

Well, that went fast...

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53316/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D53316%26preview%3D&pUp=1

Apparently this is a derivative of the original TbD body that has HDT and modeled genitalia. Interesting, I might actually consider this...

EDIT: I just gave it a shot. I'm not really satisfied with it. The body itself is HDT compatible, but strangely enough, the armors are not (even with HDT Havok Object equipped). Also, there appear to be "holes" in the body - no, not what YOU think, I mean "holes" as in "texture missing" (or vertex missing, can't tell). This happens especially at the bottom of the breast area and on the waist.

I tried it, as well. It didn't really float my boat, either. My issue was with the texture. The face was too flushed for my taste. 

I'll just wait for Milkdrinker to release his own HDT body. He already has plans, plus you would have to figure his version will work best with the original textures (which I prefer).

I tried it, as well. It didn't really float my boat, either. My issue was with the texture. The face was too flushed for my taste. 

I'll just wait for Milkdrinker to release his own HDT body. He already has plans, plus you would have to figure his version will work best with the original textures (which I prefer).

Exactly my thoughts as well. I just hope that Milkdrinker will actually finish the work on his own HDT body and not give up now, seeing that there is an alternative (lacking as it may be at the moment).

Gosh how I wished that this mod would be bodyslide-compatible...

Exactly my thoughts as well. I just hope that Milkdrinker will actually finish the work on his own HDT body and not give up now, seeing that there is an alternative (lacking as it may be at the moment).

Gosh how I wished that this mod would be bodyslide-compatible...

I doubt he'll drop it. He has his own ideas for an HDT body. Also, his work won't include genitalia meshing -- which I don't particularly miss as much as I thought I would. I mostly use TbD for screenshotting. The curves on the body are the best that I've seen out there -- particularly in the posterior. It's excellent for living landscape pics. 

He gave people permission to make their own mods based on his body; I still get the feeling he has his own ideas that haven't been touched upon, yet.

As for Bodyslide support, there are enough people talking about their wishes for it. I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before someone decides to make their own variation on the original body. It's what happened with UNP, UNPB, CBBE, Sevenbase and every other body mod that has ever come before this one.

I doubt he'll drop it. He has his own ideas for an HDT body. Also, his work won't include genitalia meshing -- which I don't particularly miss as much as I thought I would. I mostly use TbD for screenshotting. The curves on the body are the best that I've seen out there -- particularly in the posterior. It's excellent for living landscape pics. 

Yeah, I see what you mean. But with bodyslide, we could give them a more personal touch... oh wait... xD

As for Bodyslide support, there are enough people talking about their wishes for it. I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before someone decides to make their own variation on the original body. It's what happened with UNP, UNPB, CBBE, Sevenbase and every other body mod that has ever come before this one.

I knew about rudimentary bodyslide support for UNP (with a very VERY limited number of sliders), but I've never heard about bodyslide support for Sevenbase. I'd be interested to see this. Any links perhaps?

Yeah, I see what you mean. But with bodyslide, we could give them a more personal touch... oh wait... xD

I knew about rudimentary bodyslide support for UNP (with a very VERY limited number of sliders), but I've never heard about bodyslide support for Sevenbase. I'd be interested to see this. Any links perhaps?

I don't know that anyone has made a Sevenbase preset, though I haven't looked around recently. I remember it being asked about, though.

I don't know that anyone has made a Sevenbase preset, though I haven't looked around recently. I remember it being asked about, though.

Careful now - a *preset* is not the same as Bodyslide support for a body ;)  If you use a preset, then it will essentially transform the basic CBBE body into a given shape to look like the desired body. However, bodyslide *support* works the other way around. A new body shape gets integrated into bodyslide, *replacing* the CBBE base shape. Why does that matter? Well, the CBBE base shape certainly has a lot going for it, but it's not the most detailed mesh out there...

Careful now - a *preset* is not the same as Bodyslide support for a body ;)  If you use a preset, then it will essentially transform the basic CBBE body into a given shape to look like the desired body. However, bodyslide *support* works the other way around. A new body shape gets integrated into bodyslide, *replacing* the CBBE base shape. Why does that matter? Well, the CBBE base shape certainly has a lot going for it, but it's not the most detailed mesh out there...

Well you learn something new everyday. 

I don't use Body Slide much, myself -- mostly because, right now, I haven't seen a Body Slide mesh that could compare with a hand-crafted mesh in terms of quality. 

Once the Unibody comes out, that's probably when I'll think about switching to Body Slide permanently. Right now, I always go for quality over diversity in looks. 

Is there a way to import the NIF or OBJ files in to bodyslide? :)

Wanna play with it a bit.

I can't really think of a way how to do this right now. I can't claim to fully understand the technology behind Bodyslide, but what I *assume* is that Caliente essentially took the CBBE base body shape, then dragged some vertices around in a 3D modeling tool (blender, max, maya, you name it...). That way, an "offset" can be calculated for each vertex (i.e. the difference between the original and the new position). These offsets are essentially the sliders in bodyslide. By moving the slider, you tell the program how much of the offset you want to apply to a given group of vertices.

And that's where the problem is. If you were to import a new base shape, for example the TbD body, then this new body has all-new vertices all over the place. To you, the shape may not look so very different from CBBE, but fact is that every vertex on a body mesh has a unique number. Vertex #5436 may be the tip of the left nipple on the CBBE body, but on your TbD body it might as well form a part of the left shoulder. I leave it up to your imagination what the result would look like if you tried to apply a CBBE slider (offset) to a TbD body mesh. If it works at all, then I guarantee you: the end result will not be pretty. Not at all xD

Too long didn't read: A different base shape (e.g. TbD body) will break the slider functionality since that was created specifically for the CBBE body.

Nowadays, CBBE suffers mainly from two major issues:

- The CBBE base mesh is rather poor in resolution and detail compared to Sevenbase and others.

- The sliders offered in BodySlide will simply not allow enough freedom to properly transform a CBBE base shape into, say, TbD or Sevenbase.

The solution to this mess? Check it out here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/27444-project-citrus/

i sometimes wonder why people throw out the phrases "hate this mod" or "not realistic" and my personal favorite "NO female body looks like that"... well shit Sherlock if you know all the different forms a human body takes then you would win a Nobel Prize. I respect your opinions of dislike for the mod but the thing is this is a "MOD" meaning you have full control of whether you install this or not ! This is a fantasy "video game" if these complainers want a more realistic female body then I suggest making your own mod and keep it private and if that won't work for you there is always the real world with plenty of high definition living breathing human females no installation required but interaction recommended. As for the this mod itself and as with all other new body replacers, I'll keep track of it until it gets past majority of its early bugs and incompatibilities.

"female bodies don't look like that, it's not realistic".

Not realistic?, then why play an unrealistic game like Skyrim at all???!.

While i'll stick to 7B for my main char, i'd use that body to create a custom follower, a giant woman which is about 7-8ft tall, carrying a huge axe, add more muscles to the texture/normal map, with a custom converted skimpy armor to show off the body and muscles, add my own custom weights for HDT, use the Merida hair, blonde hair maybe.... actually i'll just go do that now.

What?, a 7-8ft woman is unrealtistic???.... who cares. 

ps, the "female bodies don't look like that, it's not realistic" quote is not what i am saying but other people here or on nexus.

If it's one thing you can count on with the skyrim mod community

It's people who contribute nothing, whining and groaning about how this mod isn't "realistic" or meet their standards

A bit melodramatic maybe?

One or two posters have been outright damning, one of the more vocal is a lore hound - no offence to him but he is. Hardly constitutes a tidal wave of negativity.  Many including me, said it wasn't for them but showed at least some appreciation for it's quality.

Besides, I doubt a modder who puts out as bold a body shape as this is expecting a tame consensus of opinion, and from what I've seen he's already taken some constructive criticism on board. 

I think the vast majority of us are pretty good at being both supportive and constructively critical of other peoples effort, and we hardly ever get moderated. Hooray for us. 

The zeal for realism, in itself, is kind of absurd. If "realistic" is the measuring stick, nobody would ever use anything but Lady Body -- which is superbly made, though not my cup of tea. 

Meh, everyone is going to have their own ideas about what belongs in Skyrim. That doesn't mean anyone can dictate which bodies you choose to add into your own game. I don't particularly see what use comes from crying about a body's merits, but maybe it makes people feel better to vent.

"female bodies don't look like that, it's not realistic".

Not realistic?, then why play an unrealistic game like Skyrim at all???!.

What tickles my funny bone is, the guy stated  -- on the front page of the mod, no less -- that it was obviously....OBVIOUSLY not meant to be realistic....

I guess it wasn't that obvious to some. That or, like many people, they looked at the pictures but didn't actually read anything about the body, itself.

Archived