Eating out or cooking at home?

Guest Youngmemer

I live off Mi Goreng, Mac and Cheese and Canned Soup. It's easy to cook, tastes good, and for the Canned soup it comes in tons of different flavours and sometimes has actual meat in it.

I am not opposed to the idea of cooking by myself, actually I often enjoy doing it from time to time, but it's scraping dishes and washing cutlery that I hate the most, after I am done eating I just wanna lay back and leave everything there until the next meal, guess I am just too lazy.

what a hell is a one dollar menu :blink:

for 1$ i can get here 500g of bread or 150g cheapest salami or two eggs or 60g cheapest (barf) cheese...

pizza is 10$ and up

hamburger 4$...

and average monthly paycheck here is 700$

mostly i cook for myself not because of money (i have few time 700$) but because i want to know what i eat

i have some peasants in some villages around who bring me natural food (in good old time they done that for free now i have to pay them :angry: )

and i cook for myself since i was 14 so i think i know how to make scrambled eggs ;)

but when i am to lazy i go to restaurant for 15$ schnitzel or 20$ steak (no fast junk for me thx)

and advice i give to anyone

learn to cook do not depend on anyone mercy cooking is not rocket science...

what a hell is a one dollar menu :blink:

for 1$ i can get here 500g of bread or 150g cheapest salami or two eggs or 60g cheapest (barf) cheese...

pizza is 10$ and up

hamburger 4$...

and average monthly paycheck here is 700$

mostly i cook for myself not because of money (i have few time 700$) but because i want to know what i eat

i have some peasants in some villages around who bring me natural food (in good old time they done that for free now i have to pay them :angry: )

and i cook for myself since i was 14 so i think i know how to make scrambled eggs ;)

but when i am to lazy i go to restaurant for 15$ schnitzel or 20$ steak (no fast junk for me thx)

and advice i give to anyone

learn to cook do not depend on anyone mercy cooking is not rocket science...

A dollar menu is an assortment of cheap and unhealthy items sold at McDonalds or similar fast food chains.

I can buy a loaf of sliced bread for a buck, a dozen eggs for a buck, 3# of margarine for two bucks, 5 packs of Ramen noodles for a buck, a pack of bologna for a buck, and so on. Even buying the cheapest junk at McDonalds doesn't give you as much food as just making sandwiches would. Those one dollar cheesburgers? I'd need 8 of those to get a full belly! :lol:

For me, it depends on the occasion, on the weekdays, my girl usually cooks for me or when we both are tired from work that day, we just order a pizza or such.  I love cooking because of the massive amounts of Hispanic dishes my mother taught me recipes for and I love Hispanic food too, Pupusas are delicous, lol.  On the weekends, I take my girl out for dinner to Olive Garden, Outback Steakhouse and such.  Sometimes we go to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch games with friends and have a few drinks :)

Guest Omega1084

I personally like to cook my own food but sometimes I do go out with friends and eat at a restaurant or something.

There's a lot of those around here so I can always try something new and I love trying new foods.

I think it just factors into how lazy you are and how big your pockets are in regards to food budget. I confess that eating out isn't very healthy but I try to occasionally cook something for myself every now and then. Which often becomes then instead of now most of the time.

I personally like to cook my own food but sometimes I do go out with friends and eat at a restaurant or something.

There's a lot of those around here so I can always try something new and I love trying new foods.

I spent quite a few years living out of suitcases for the vast majority of the year. Probably home less than a month a year for about 15 years (not counting being in the Navy). So I ate at a LOT of restaurants. I am not a fan of fast food chains, but show me a decent steak house or seafood joint and I am THERE! Anything goes as far as I'm concerned. I don't think I've met any food I didn't get along with famously.

I did go out of my to get extended stay type lodging, though, so I could have a kitchen. That saved a TON of money over the years. And most days I'd be too tired after work to go somewhere. I just wanted a shower, some food and a bed.

Guest xthejester

I cook my own food more often than not. The only time I really "eat out" is when I'm not going to be home for a few days. Or on special occasions.

Yea, dollar menu will fill you with chemicals galore. Read a bit on cooking and food preparation to get ideas, there are some very simple recopies out there for food such as gourmet sandwiches to a full multi course dinner that will save you lots of money.