First time out with Arachnophobia and I had a blast!!   (though I forgot to turn of SexLab Defeat or Toggle Creature animations off for Spiders the first time)..

It was fun to try different methods of breaking free, my PC even was taken back to the Frostbite Spider lair.. hanging upside down!

Thanks for such a creative and fun mod!

Implementing arachnophobia itself into my list of DiD scenarios is proving somewhat of a challenge, so I may just leave it as is, however I may have fixed the CTD that occurs when the player is taken to the cave and a follower happens to be webbed so NPCs should be able to get webbed again as a result of this. No more having your follower tank the spider for you!

For those that are interested in following my future DiD plugins, I'm afraid they might end up becoming dependent on DA. Nothing's written in stone yet on that part, but please at least be prepared for it. With that said, I've six scenarios that will go out in my first batch of plugins for the mod:

1) Bandits: Kidnapped (instead of just looted) by bandits. There'll be a little cage to escape from and everything.

Behaves much like the forsworn kidnapping, only there's no chance of being ransomed. No one is coming for you, so you must use what's available to you to try and escape the cage. Out of lockpicks? Can't pickpocket your captor? Wait and take the time to look around for something that might be able to fashioned into a rudimentary lockpick...

2) Draugr: Well, they thought you were dead, so they sewed you into a little linen cocoon and started to prepare you for an ancient burial...

This is meant to go in place of the currently existing draugr scenario where they just dress you up in an ancient outfit and place you at the crypt's entrance. For now you'll still be near the entrance, but instead sewn in a cocoon made of linen that you must escape from. The escape process will be somewhat similar to arachnophobia's (but it also won't be!).

3) Wispmothers: Those wisp wrappings aren't just for alchemy...

For the initial development, wisp mothers will exhibit probably the same danger as frostbite spiders in my Arachnophobia mod in that one of their abilities will entangle their victim in their wisp wrappings. Escaping the wrappings will probably be similar to the frostbite entanglement escape, but with a few added twists. I do want to do something a little more special with the wisp mothers though, because they're encountered a lot less. I'm open to suggestions on how this can be expanded.

4) Soul Gems: Well you thought that was the end, but it seems you've found yourself sealed within someone's little gem. How does one escape a prison with no doors?

A note about the soul gem scenario, I've been patiently waiting for the plugin to be released by the DA author, but I can't wait any longer! So in the meantime I'm going to try my hand at my own scenario with this until his plugin is released. The environment will probably resemble something very similar to Azura's star, and I still need a method of escape for this one, so I'm also open to suggestions as to how someone who's trapped in a soul gem might escape. Yes, I know, technically you're supposed to be dead, but where's the fun in that?

5) Hagravens: Kidnapped and caged for their next sacrifice!

I've noticed the forsworn exhibit a certain affinity toward the hagravens so their scenario will be fairly similar to the forsworn scenario.

6) Giants: If you weren't sent into orbit, then you'll instead find yourself tied up on their cooking spit waiting to be cooked alive!

The giant will have relieved you of all your possessions so have fun getting those back from the giant. Meanwhile, that fire's getting pretty hot, and the giant's looking hungry!

It is my intention to release all six of these scenarios in one big plugin (you'll be able to disable the ones you don't want).

Awesome scenarios you chose, i always thought that the dreaded hargravens could use an ugly scenario and the other ones seem well chosen too. The only one i have minor problems with is the bandit one, if they just keep you kidnapped but don't want ransom the most logical reason why they keep you alive would be as a sex slave. But maybe they want to use your warrior skills, so i'll take potluck how you make the scenario :).

Interesting other enemy types which could be fun for a scenario that come to my mind:

-Trolls, it would be probably very primal, you would be stored as food or something like that

-Dwemer machines gone wrong doing something mean to you, maybe involving an old dwemer ghost as secret master still giving commands to the dwemer machines. Might be a nice option for your soul gem scenario, the dwemer machines want to turn you into a soul gem so that you can be the core of a new dwemer centurion to enchance their ranks or something like that.

-Falmer, might use you as chaurus food

-Dragons, they could capture you as present for Alduin maybe

Implementing arachnophobia itself into my list of DiD scenarios is proving somewhat of a challenge, so I may just leave it as is, however I may have fixed the CTD that occurs when the player is taken to the cave and a follower happens to be webbed so NPCs should be able to get webbed again as a result of this. No more having your follower tank the spider for you!

For those that are interested in following my future DiD plugins, I'm afraid they might end up becoming dependent on DA. Nothing's written in stone yet on that part, but please at least be prepared for it. With that said, I've six scenarios that will go out in my first batch of plugins for the mod:

1) Bandits: Kidnapped (instead of just looted) by bandits. There'll be a little cage to escape from and everything.

Behaves much like the forsworn kidnapping, only there's no chance of being ransomed. No one is coming for you, so you must use what's available to you to try and escape the cage. Out of lockpicks? Can't pickpocket your captor? Wait and take the time to look around for something that might be able to fashioned into a rudimentary lockpick...

2) Draugr: Well, they thought you were dead, so they sewed you into a little linen cocoon and started to prepare you for an ancient burial...

This is meant to go in place of the currently existing draugr scenario where they just dress you up in an ancient outfit and place you at the crypt's entrance. For now you'll still be near the entrance, but instead sewn in a cocoon made of linen that you must escape from. The escape process will be somewhat similar to arachnophobia's (but it also won't be!).

For the initial development, wisp mothers will exhibit probably the same danger as frostbite spiders in my Arachnophobia mod in that one of their abilities will entangle their victim in their wisp wrappings. Escaping the wrappings will probably be similar to the frostbite entanglement escape, but with a few added twists. I do want to do something a little more special with the wisp mothers though, because they're encountered a lot less. I'm open to suggestions on how this can be expanded.

4) Soul Gems: Well you thought that was the end, but it seems you've found yourself sealed within someone's little gem. How does one escape a prison with no doors?

A note about the soul gem scenario, I've been patiently waiting for the plugin to be released by the DA author, but I can't wait any longer! So in the meantime I'm going to try my hand at my own scenario with this until his plugin is released. The environment will probably resemble something very similar to Azura's star, and I still need a method of escape for this one, so I'm also open to suggestions as to how someone who's trapped in a soul gem might escape. Yes, I know, technically you're supposed to be dead, but where's the fun in that?

I've noticed the forsworn exhibit a certain affinity toward the hagravens so their scenario will be fairly similar to the forsworn scenario.

6) Giants: If you weren't sent into orbit, then you'll instead find yourself tied up on their cooking spit waiting to be cooked alive!

The giant will have relieved you of all your possessions so have fun getting those back from the giant. Meanwhile, that fire's getting pretty hot, and the giant's looking hungry!

It is my intention to release all six of these scenarios in one big plugin (you'll be able to disable the ones you don't want).

wow! all this sounds awesome, can't wait until you manage to get to that stuff, it will be great. though I'm glad to hear you probably worked out the follower thing so far, as it's something I think fits perfectly in this mod, and honestly needed to be implemented, so kudos to you for figuring it out. keep up the great work!

Oh the upgade to the Mistmothers would be great. Right now they are a bit meh.

As for the Hagravens; how about drug off to Darklight Tower?

btw, sounding great, though are you going to do a mod update that includes the new one which allows followers to be cocooned with you? I know I'd love it

I'm currently rewriting the escape system for escaping from the cocoon (in both scenarios). In an encounter with a giant frostbite spider (of the snowy variety) I found there are still plenty of balance issues that I think, in the end, are not going to be overcome with the current system. It's a bit of an overhaul, but if I can get it to work correctly, then this escape system will also be used in the future scenarios (which will be in a separate thread).

Known Issue Update: The AI package on the spiders was configured incorrectly for build 0.9.9. They currently will not attempt to pursue an entangled player victim if they manage to web the player via biting (instead of spitting). Being entangled by spit will still make the package execute correctly. This will be fixed in the next build.

Well I am more and more excited with this mod as the time passes by I am really liking where this is heading to =).

By the way I was wondering... maybe as an alternative for the Bandits scenario. Since DA already makes you go into a bleedout state where you are vulnerable to be robbed and such... so when you get robbed you are also left bound and gagged, so eventually as you are back to your senses you have to look for help to get untied (or maybe go to a forge to do so, or maybe a struggle mini game as this mod does) and then eventually after you are free go back and hunt the guys who have your gear (as DA currently does)

Just a random idea =)

Real big kudos for the upcoming mods!!!

A particular incident has occured that has lost me all progress that I made on the next build. With that said, I get to start over! I'm not particularly happy about this, but it's going to be a longer delay now. There goes a few days of my life. T_T

ouch! damn that sucks. sorry that happened to you.. hopefully things go more smoothly this time around. but as for us, we've waited many times already, so this should be no different. don't push yourself, we'll be here whenever it happens to get to the update point. with that said, good luck with your endeavors going forward.

Well I am more and more excited with this mod as the time passes by I am really liking where this is heading to =).

By the way I was wondering... maybe as an alternative for the Bandits scenario. Since DA already makes you go into a bleedout state where you are vulnerable to be robbed and such... so when you get robbed you are also left bound and gagged, so eventually as you are back to your senses you have to look for help to get untied (or maybe go to a forge to do so, or maybe a struggle mini game as this mod does) and then eventually after you are free go back and hunt the guys who have your gear (as DA currently does)

Just a random idea =)

There's a mod for that already. It's Submit + Devious Devices. If you turn off the anti-death option in Submit, then Submit and DA are compatible. After getting beat down and raped, you get bound, and if you're lucky (i.e. a glitch in submit's calm effect) and someone's still angry, then you get beat down, knocked down, and wake up later bound and robbed. It's not a perfect system, but it works well enough.

As for the Arachnophobia mod, that's some real bummer news, but don't let it dissuade you. I know it's dissuaded me from a few mod projects. Kudos to you for getting this far, I love this mod's concept and can't wait to see it finished!

I've also gotten caught once already playing an ironman playthrough (as silly as that is in Skyrim, using DA, submit, Devious Devices, Undeath, etc) and I simply could not escape. Though to be fair, I was level 2.  :blush:

Just a random idea =)

There's a mod for that already. It's Submit + Devious Devices. If you turn off the anti-death option in Submit, then Submit and DA are compatible. After getting beat down and raped, you get bound, and if you're lucky (i.e. a glitch in submit's calm effect) and someone's still angry, then you get beat down, knocked down, and wake up later bound and robbed. It's not a perfect system, but it works well enough.

As for the Arachnophobia mod, that's some real bummer news, but don't let it dissuade you. I know it's dissuaded me from a few mod projects. Kudos to you for getting this far, I love this mod's concept and can't wait to see it finished!

I've also gotten caught once already playing an ironman playthrough (as silly as that is in Skyrim, using DA, submit, Devious Devices, Undeath, etc) and I simply could not escape. Though to be fair, I was level 2.  :blush:

while that combo works, and you could use it as a stand-in, that's not what he means really, and I back his idea. he's talking about an escape scene, much like the cocoon escape here, where you get kidnapped/etc, and taken somewhere, then have to get out  using options presented to you, etc. I for one would love that as well. I've not found any mod around here where there's a similar enough kidnapping system/ransom/capture/whatever/etc yet sadly, so this is why we suggest it here. doesn't seem like it would be hard to do either, especially with great sources like ZaZanim pack

This mod Is really cool. What I wouldn't give to be able to spit web myself (my character that is, though real life might be fun too lol) and be able to catch npc and then use another mod to eat them while they are cocooned ( namly devourment on eka's portal)

http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=36587

Vegan just did a bit of an overhaul on its....Code? I guess is what it would be called.

I don't particularly care for that type of vore, but what I would like to see is a dolcett-cannibal mod.  Does anyone know if there is one out there somewhere?