Can someone please help? For some reason i can never get out of the web/cacoon , i press the keys and nothing ever happens and stamina or magicka never gets drained and i can never escape. I can also never see my stamina bar and magicka bar appearing while i spam all the keys trying to escape. I have installed all the required stuff and run FNIS so i cant figure out why it isn't working. Help please?

Could you put the older version in as well to download so i can choose which method to escape with instead of using the keys?

Just got captured with the newest version, the hotkey pressing is imho an even better solution then the old dialogue based menu system. I tried to sneak away, took a while to find the web hiding the exit while also having to try to stay out of the 2 giant spiders vision.

I'm having a nonmodders curiosity question now:

I like the idea that the spiders destroyed my gear, so i did not rescue it, none of the quest items was lost, but everything else. What happens though if i get captured again? Does the old equipment get overwritten by my new gear, or can it lead to some kind of overflow? I mean could something bad happen like savegame weirdness or can i savely ignore my lost stuff even if i should end up multiple times in the cave, getting "looted" multiple times?

Just got captured with the newest version, the hotkey pressing is imho an even better solution then the old dialogue based menu system. I tried to sneak away, took a while to find the web hiding the exit while also having to try to stay out of the 2 giant spiders vision.

I'm having a nonmodders curiosity question now:

I like the idea that the spiders destroyed my gear, so i did not rescue it, none of the quest items was lost, but everything else. What happens though if i get captured again? Does the old equipment get overwritten by my new gear, or can it lead to some kind of overflow? I mean could something bad happen like savegame weirdness or can i savely ignore my lost stuff even if i should end up multiple times in the cave, getting "looted" multiple times?

If it is like most things in the game, once a zone resets anything left beyond is gone.

Anything left behind is gone except (much to my own surprise) unique items and quest items (which I believe stay in your inventory anyway). For example, I had the Ebony Blade, and after the cave reset, all of my items were gone except for the Ebony Blade and quest items.

Anything left behind is gone except (much to my own surprise) unique items and quest items (which I believe stay in your inventory anyway). For example, I had the Ebony Blade, and after the cave reset, all of my items were gone except for the Ebony Blade and quest items.

Thats good to hear on the quest items.

curious as to what you plan to have happen in place of the cave scene when you get webbed when you take the cave out, any ideas?

curious as to what you plan to have happen in place of the cave scene when you get webbed when you take the cave out, any ideas?

Likely not possible but would be cool.

Have the PC hung upside down like in the cave and basically do the same thing. Except hang the PC from the nearest tree or ceiling if already inside of a place. More or less have it work like the cave with out being transported to the cave.

Wouldn't taking the cave out just mean it would be more like the original mod version?

Wouldn't taking the cave out just mean it would be more like the original mod version?

I think that's why it will be optional. So those that want the cave can have it and those that don't can opt out.

Can someone please help with the problem i posted on the other page please?

If I had any suggestion at all what could be your problem i would let you know.

Though I will suggest doing this and maybe someone can help you.

Make sure you have papyrus set to keep logs. Play the game till you come to some spiders, just before you fight them, save the game and log off. Log back into skyrim at that point(do this so the papyrus log starts at that point), then fight the spider and lose. Once you get to the point where you get stuck let is run for a couple of mins while you try and get free. Then exit the game, go to where your papyrus log is, copy it into word or something, save it, then zip it and finally post it up here in a forum post as a zip file.

It is possible with a log to see what is going on someone might be able to help you.

I'm not taking the cave out. I'm just going to make it OPTIONAL. When the time comes to be taken to the cave and you have the cave option disabled in MCM, the cave quest just won't fire. It's that simple. To alleviate the inability to struggle whatsoever (from being wrapped too tight), the modifier affecting your struggle values will be minimized to retain some form of hope, instead of it bottoming out at 0%.

Good to hear, so i can lose my stuff without worries :)

Spiders are now one of the most dangerous and also fun enemies in Skyrim.

I'm not taking the cave out. I'm just going to make it OPTIONAL. When the time comes to be taken to the cave and you have the cave option disabled in MCM, the cave quest just won't fire. It's that simple. To alleviate the inability to struggle whatsoever (from being wrapped too tight), the modifier affecting your struggle values will be minimized to retain some form of hope, instead of it bottoming out at 0%.

ah ok, I was just curious as to what would happen there. so you'd just continue wiggling on the ground like you do right after the spider catches you? that does sound like the original mod. what nutluck suggested was cool though, be hung from a nearby tree/etc. though I'm not sure how that would work, I think it would be neat. makes me think of a "spider forest". but it doesn't sound like that's what you planned to do.

ah ok, I was just curious as to what would happen there. so you'd just continue wiggling on the ground like you do right after the spider catches you? that does sound like the original mod. what nutluck suggested was cool though, be hung from a nearby tree/etc. though I'm not sure how that would work, I think it would be neat. makes me think of a "spider forest". but it doesn't sound like that's what you planned to do.

Neat, but a programming nightmare.

Are you going to be re-adding the timer to escape from the cocoon before you get eaten like in the old version?

I'm pretty sure it was stated previously that a countdown to certain death would likely not be returning. There may be other penalties added, but doesn't seem to be anything certain as of just yet.

Just wanted to report an odd glitch, I think.

I currently use a Gamepad. When webbed, mashign the control stick doesn't do anything. However, neither does mashing A & D, unless I disconnect the controller and go back to keyboard controls. Any idea around this?

Also, I think I think player death upon not being to escape might be interesting, as a couple people mentioned, especially if they opt not to use the cave.

I mentioned awhile back that the mod more than likely doesn't play well with controllers, considering it's taking in analog input as opposed to digital. I do need to put it in the description, though. As for a work around, there isn't one right now, but key mapping is something I'm looking into doing for the MCM so as to allow for more customization. As for the player death, thing, it used to be in there. I'm throwing around other forms of punishment for not being able to escape however, which is why I took death out in the first place, as well as a number of conflicts it was causing with other mods that change the mortality of the player.

Actually, now that you bring it up, the author of DA has resumed work on his plugin as well (made me jump with a little excitement). So I'm waiting for that to finish so I can fill in the gaps of what he doesn't cover.

The controller issue isn't even too big a deal, really. I use a 360 controller, so I just tilt the battery pack till it disconnects and tilt it back in place, get free, and then turn it on. Adds some tension to things, actually.

Def looking forward to see how this one evolves.

I don't know if it helps, but I'm using a wired 360 controller and when I press up on the D-pad and A together I'm able to get free. Just thought I share since I saw a few people with controller issues : ]