Just added this to a new playthrough, really great work. The spiders under Helgen were actually a bit frightening, my lighting mods made their cave very dark & I had no light souce. Ralof charged in and immediately went down under web, struggling to escape when I was caught in frozen web unable to see the spiders in the dark was a bit exhilirating. Thanks for this, I'm looking forward to more exciting moments.

How is the testing coming? I am going to try and get some time this week to test this mod and give you some feedback on it.

As for the future plans I just want to say

Future Plans
-Add more interactive options for helping follower(s) escape.
-Make the web wall activate-able and require a vial of spider venom to dissolve it
-Possibly add additional spider lairs around Skyrim.

Those two sound very cool and look forward to them.

I probably should update those plans a little bit. What I have right now is a basic framework that I can expand on, such as "punching" followers free. It's there, it's in place, and I can confirm that the portions responsible for handling both the capture and freeing of followers are working. The way I'm going about it is I'll be able to "plug-in" additional functionality when the time comes.

As for the second idea: New spider lairs aren't necessarily hard to make, they're just tedious and time consuming. Eventually I'll be able to sit down and just throw another cave or two out there. Ideally, I'd like to have at least one for each major hold (major being holds with walled cities with a load door: Whiterun, Riften, Markarth, Solitude and Windhelm) but sheesh, that's a lot of work. I won't complain about having one in the four remaining smaller holds either, but again, that's a total of eight more caves I gotta make.

As for what I've been doing this month: Picking apart mods, learning more about scripting (not just papyrus, either) and overall refining my skills so that I can put them to better use to make better content.

I updated some of the known issues. Be advised that followers that don't follow normal follower rules (i.e. Serana) won't quite work as intended. It won't break your game, but chances are they'll just stare at you while you try to get free from the cave.

Tried the mod. Love the concept and the mechanics worked well. Hard but that's the way I like things to be. But one problem was that I'm not getting the dialog box with options that you see on the video. Is there something you have to turn on in order to get that? Also, when I got cocooned and transported to the spider lair, I still wasn't getting the dialog box. But I used the strength buttons I recalled from the readme for a good while. Finally I got a message saying I was out of stamina. So I decided to give up and wait for the spider to arrive and chow down.

Trouble was, no spider showed up. After about 20 minutes (real, not game minutes) I went to heat up something in the nuke, ate it, and came back about an hour later. There was one small spider in screen range. But it was paying no attention to my PC.

I finally just restarted from the last save. I love the concept of this mod and hated to have to turn it off. Maybe I missed some files when I downloaded the mod? Don't know. I'm wondering if I should take everything out and try downloading again.

I think that's just how it currently is , I don't think a spider ever comes to get you now and the dialogue boxes where replaced by the struggle controls. I would use the mcm settings to make it easier to escape if you don't want to have to deplete your stamina several times to get lose.

The video's outdated (description also says it's outdated). There are no dialogue boxes anymore. You struggle using a pair of keys depending on what the method you want to employ. W and S (or whatever your forward and back are bound to; analog controls won't work, however, so be warned if you're using a controller) will struggle using your magicka, Q and E your stamina, via your stealth-oriented skills (sleight of hand), and A and D your brute strength skills.

It's all in the description.

The video's outdated (description also says it's outdated). There are no dialogue boxes anymore. You struggle using a pair of keys depending on what the method you want to employ. W and S (or whatever your forward and back are bound to; analog controls won't work, however, so be warned if you're using a controller) will struggle using your magicka, Q and E your stamina, via your stealth-oriented skills (sleight of hand), and A and D your brute strength skills.

It's all in the description.

The analog controller thing may be my problem. I'm missing a couple of fingers on my left hand so the 360 controller is easier for me to use. What I was doing was if my PC got caught in the web then I could change over to the keyboard. But maybe initially starting the mod with the controller and changing over to the keyboard after the mod starts won't work. Maybe I should change over to the keyboard before going into a spider infested area.

It depends on what you're using to escape as well. The D-Pad has been reported to be an adequate substitute too, but since I use standard keyboard and mouse, I can't promise any controller support. : (

Was wondering if instead of being eaten you could have something like the Estrus Chaurus Mod happen. You could be impregnated and released. Then you need to come back and submit to the cycle of birth/impregnation. If you do not, you will die/transform or something bad to motivate you to go back. This cycle could happen until you can kill the Queen spider or do some quest to release yourself from the curse.

I'm not big into the adult content for video games. The concepts for them are interesting, sure, but after trying some of them it's just not something I'm in to. Don't get me wrong, some of them are pretty good. In the end, however, there are no plans for any sort of sex/impregnation, etc. It's purely meant to be a damsel/dude in distress theme.

I'm not big into the adult content for video games. The concepts for them are interesting, sure, but after trying some of them it's just not something I'm in to. Don't get me wrong, some of them are pretty good. In the end, however, there are no plans for any sort of sex/impregnation, etc. It's purely meant to be a damsel/dude in distress theme.

Which I think is good. I use some adult mods on this site, but I do think the site could use some more non adult mods.

I thought they already had a site like that.  It's called nexus or something.  Oh wait, they have stuff for mature adults also, just not as much as a site dedicated to that sort of thing.

Maybe someone will start a no-lovers-allowed lab.   

silly rabbi, kicks are for trids. 

I chose Lover'sLab because of the community. In general the community is overall more friendly and more open-minded. Could this mod have been uploaded to the nexus? Probably (although the ZaZ pack requirement would probably suggest otherwise now that I think about it).

I personally, am glad this mod is here, I've enjoyed it quite a lot, and I'm perfectly fine with the whole no-rape thing in this mod, there's plenty of that around, and there was even a mod that was going to do something just like this one (the whole hung up in the cave thing) plus the impregnation, (Hero(ine) in Distress mod), but the modder had to stop progress on it due to life stuff he said, the thread's still up on this forum if anyone's interested, and he's planned encounters along those rape-involved-lines with many other creatures too, though, I'm not sure if he'll get back to it at this rate, but hey, it's there for all to read.

Which I think is good. I use some adult mods on this site, but I do think the site could use some more non adult mods.

But why is this mod in Downloads - Skyrim Adult & Sex Mods rather than  Downloads - Skyrim Non Adult Mods? You got my hopes up man!

@Kazyn  Don't worry about all this crap.  I'm glad you're here.  Keep up the good work and forget about where what mod is in which location where we look ... er and why ... oh damn, lost my train of ... what were we talking about?

I see you're helping Bralormarr find a collar. Next archnophobia upgrade will make use of DA, right?

I'm trying to (help Bralormarr). I've even tried making a mesh myself, but I'm just no good at that sort of thing. I'm not an artist in that regard. Meanwhile I've been putting updates (and my DA addon(s)) on hold until his new plug-in is released. It seems that damnable collar is the only thing holding him back. If it were me, I'd have omitted it or used a placeholder collar and included a better one when it was made available, but he's probably wanting to put out a solid product, which is understandable.

@Kazyn  Don't worry about all this crap.  I'm glad you're here.  Keep up the good work and forget about where what mod is in which location where we look ... er and why ... oh damn, lost my train of ... what were we talking about?

seconded. besides this mod still includes bondage themes which are adult material too lol

I really look forward to this! I had this idea since a pretty long time, but I can't code at all and am to stoopid to lean at. :D

My biggest wish is, that the player doesn't get entangled immediately. Maybe spider's poison should kill the stamina

and when the player fell down, the entangling starts? Or start with a slow effect?

That's actually coming in the next update. There's going to be an effect added to the bite attack that spiders use that will first slow you. If you're hit again by another bite before the slow wears off, then you'll be caught.

The spit attack will still entangle you on the spot. For one, it's easily dodged. Two, it's a big glob of web, compared to a paralyzing bite.

I'm also removing the spooling animation. It looks weird without a spider animation to go with it, on top of barely working to begin with.