I've released a very minor update (0.9.7) that should (doesn't mean will, for some) address the wall of web not dispersing correctly. See the change log for further details.

It's now more difficult to escape initial entanglement as well. See the change log on that or my post on page 3.

None of these features are final and I'm considering redoing the entirety of the escape process, but in the meantime, I wanted to upload something that isn't terribly broken either.

Followers are still buggy as well. Use them with this mod at your own risk (although you should be fine with just one and no more than that).

Mod works fine as long as you don't try to spawn the spiders with placeatme command. Tried it and the spawned spider just stands around and won't go hostile but it's no biggie, plenty of caves with spiders around. I do think however that the countdown before you get eaten is kind of short. Also when you do get eaten, you don't see any spider attacking, you just ragdoll at the end and die. I know it's too much to ask for this early in the mod, but instead, could this be changed so a giant spider appears and starts nibbling at you and your HP and stamina slowly drops and more options to escape appear before your final death? Also any chance of adding voice affects like the dialog that humanoid enemies say when they are near death and crawling on the ground?

Incidentally, this mod works fine with Immersive Creatures's option to allow spider eggs to spawn more spiders.

Just a small idea, but didn't Oblivion have those Daedra spider things that were essentially Drider that served Mephala, who is known by the names Webspinner, Spinner, and Spider. Perhaps that could be a path of the mod to make it more interesting and offer an alternative ending then being Spider chow?

Just a small idea, but didn't Oblivion have those Daedra spider things that were essentially Drider that served Mephala, who is known by the names Webspinner, Spinner, and Spider. Perhaps that could be a path of the mod to make it more interesting and offer an alternative ending then being Spider chow?

You know, there are plenty of models out there to make this possible. Like in monster mod and stuff.

I personally like the looks of fateweaver model in heroes of might and magic 6. I mean, I want one of those! 

Though a complete player transformation system seems rather too much to ask for.  :huh: Ambitious.

Anyways, the resulting mod can't be too compatible or bug-free.

I posted my images through imgur.com to show my progress on the spider cave.

In other news, sorry I've been absent for the past week or two, but I'm in the middle of moving as well as contemplating ways to all out code this thing better.

the Model I wanted to show is part of a mod called UltimatesummonsJp on the Nexusss it looks really nice even if the humanoid part is in a static pose. im just going to type the link in by hand and you can copypaste.

www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49198/ ........seriously?, all I had to do was type it and it made it into a link? lol

Direct link to the picture of it in my photobucket http://s904.photobucket.com/user/eric3177/media/screenshot2.png.html

Edit: Well, I tested the links right away to make sure they work right, the one to the mod does but for somereason the photobucket says I moved or deleted the picture.....anyway if you just look through the album you'll see it, It is the second most recent pictures I've uploaded.

I know this is a bit of a step backwards, but I'm working on a lighter version of this that goes back a little to the old way of how this worked. The next version will be the removing of the capture mechanics (being moved to the cave and such) and the cave itself, until I can get something a bit more solid.

With that said, followers will be able to be entangled again, and the same method of escape will still be in place, however, the lengthy DoT has been reimplemented and there will be no ultimate death mechanic, apart from your health draining away while entangled/poisoned. Spider bites in melee will also entangle you as well however, so don't think because that web shot is on cooldown for the next 15 or so seconds doesn't mean you don't have to worry about having your day ruined.

For those that still want the cave, I'll leave the old version up, but in the end, I've decided I've spread my efforts too thin and want to focus on stage one before I move any further into potential capture scenarios if they even make it that far.

TL;DR, the cave's not going to be getting any attention in the near future and actually won't be present in future versions, while the initial entanglement will be.

you're removing the cave in the new version? why? and what will happen when you get cocooned then? if the cave is gone?

As I do like the idea of the cave, but maybe there is a better/different way to do something like this? 

The current version I do like alot. However, if K wants to do something else/more then he can, and I'll back it up. S'long as he keeps the old one around, as it is a good concept. 

The cave is only temporarily going away. I'm excluding it from the next few updates is all until I can get things working the way I want them to in the first half of the mod. With how much love the cave feature is seeing though, I may just test new versions of the mod myself without updating it here. How has it been working for everyone over there, though, with the latest version, that is?

Haven't gotten much feedback on bugs and such apart from things already known. Everyone has different mod combinations and such. Apparently all three short scripts that this mod is using can cause incompatibilities with mods I don't use/never heard of. I find it amusing to be honest.

It's worked fine for me and I haven't had any issues at all. The only suggestion I have is perhaps the spiders not instant webbing on the first spit/bite, but perhaps the player/follower/NPC getting the webbing on their skin/clothing and a huge debuff to stamina/movement which makes it easier for them to be hit by another spit/bite?

As for revamping the cave, totally looking forward to what you're gonna come up with as the first incarnation was fun. In regards to it, the only suggestions I could offer are like my previous one - some variance in what actually happens upon waking up in the lovely new cocoon?

Perhaps their are bandits in the cave looting the cocoons or worshipers of Mephala? Maybe a sentient/possessed spider that could develop into a bargain for your freedom?

Lack of variation was pretty much the reason I was looking at setting the cave aside. However, yes, I do intend to look at instant webbing not occurring on the first strike. Probably will be some sort of sensible debuff that will be applied first, then, if hit by another web-applying attack, then entanglement will commence.

Dammit Shinji! You read my mind! That's what I was trying to do in the first place! (but I wasn't going to tell anyone!)

Well I guess that secret is out. With that said, my CK seems unable to load script properties from other mods (in this case, DA, to see how the author did things). I know I'm missing something silly, but I honestly can't put my finger on it. I've got poth the .pex and .psc files extracted from the .bsa of DA. I can edit the source scripts, but I can't see what they assigned to their respective properties.]

EDIT: (and off-topic) Ha! Just had another look at DA to see what's new and 4.0 is out and he's working on a captivity plugin for the mod. Looking forward to that.

Kazyn, I agree with your decision to take a step back and re-focus. Like you said, the cave version of the mod is still available so it's not like people won't be able to use it, and you've made it clear that you intend to include it in the final build. It just makes more sense to develop a mod incrementally, and move on to the next step once you have the current task nailed down really well.

I also fully agree with your intended approach to the webbing as a 'stacking status' (not to say that you should need anyone to 'agree' with your approach, I don't mean to sound presumptuous). I drafted up some possibilities based on what you mentioned before about Perilous Defeat, and if you are able to somehow implement stacking effects (Effect A on hit, Effect B if target currently has effect A, etc), there are some really neat, lore-friendly and yet radically expansive things you could do. I actually started poking around with the creation kit myself to see how this would work, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how to actually 'get to' anything in it. I'm more used to working with code directly.

Stiltzkin, yeah I still consider myself to be pretty new to CK as well. Feel free to PM me with any thoughts or questions about it. Maybe we'll discover something more about it together. Two heads are better than one in this case.

Rest assured, I've written down the possibilities that I liked in previous posts and am keeping them in mind. There are some things that are beyond me but what I'm able to figure out currently is to have the web attack (for example) apply both the debuff I mentioned AND the entanglement effect. Where it gets fun is that the entanglement effect cannot be applied unless the target is first under the effects of the debuff first, using CK's condition system in the magic effect form. What worries me is that it might register the initial application of the debuff as true and jump right into entanglement anyway all on the first shot.

If I indeed encounter that problem, I will instead have the ranged web shot apply the debuff ONLY and the spider's bite attack apply the entanglement instead which would still check for the existing effect of the web spit debuff.... or vice versa. That's to be determined.

Stiltzkin, yeah I still consider myself to be pretty new to CK as well. Feel free to PM me with any thoughts or questions about it. Maybe we'll discover something more about it together. Two heads are better than one in this case.

Rest assured, I've written down the possibilities that I liked in previous posts and am keeping them in mind. There are some things that are beyond me but what I'm able to figure out currently is to have the web attack (for example) apply both the debuff I mentioned AND the entanglement effect. Where it gets fun is that the entanglement effect cannot be applied unless the target is first under the effects of the debuff first, using CK's condition system in the magic effect form. What worries me is that it might register the initial application of the debuff as true and jump right into entanglement anyway all on the first shot.

If I indeed encounter that problem, I will instead have the ranged web shot apply the debuff ONLY and the spider's bite attack apply the entanglement instead which would still check for the existing effect of the web spit debuff.... or vice versa. That's to be determined.

If you put the condition on the web magic effect itself, (similar to the grace time condition), it will work fine, but if you put the condition on the effect in the spell interface it will auto-apply anyway. I've attached a modified version of one of your older esp to try and demonstrate the effect. I had tried using three different levels of poison resist debuff so that little spiders had to hit you several times (and big spiders only twice), but the conditions on the spells didn't work, so you get all three effects instantly when hit by a little spider, but the conditions on the web magic effect does, so you get wrapped on the next hit. Anyway hopefully it will be useful to you, I'm looking forward to what you come up with!

I was considering ramping up the stam/magicka loss and then triggering the web wrap off being at a low magicka/stam value instead, but you might have some other ideas.

ArachnaphobiaExpansion.esp