Death Alternative is a mod that removes reload on death and instead fires off a quest for the player to go through depending on what defeated him/her. It's a great, stable mod (in my experience) that doesn't necessarily spell game over when defeated. I personally like this sort of thing as I think it adds a bit more immersion. After all, no true hero ever went through an adventure without some form of defeat along the way right?

Some examples are if you're defeated by bandits, they loot your stuff, and leave you for dead. Meanwhile you're stricken with a debuff that severely hinders health and restoration magic for a couple game hours, and have to seek refuge until you can recover again.

If you're defeated by forsworn, they'll cage you and hold you ransom. Dragons will absorb your dragon souls from you (and a bit of your own), guards will arrest you if you're wanted on defeat (very compatible with Prison Overhaul as Xaz actually wrote a plugin for DA to be compatible with their mod).

New content is coming out soon for it, and I'm looking at how I can go about writing a potential, stand-alone plugin that implements the cave escape scenario. If I figure it out, I may even be able to localize where the victim gets cocooned, as opposed to moving them across Skyrim to the same cave over and over. If they did it with the forsworn, I think I can do it with the spiders....

The trick is to figure out how.

you're removing the cave in the new version? why? and what will happen when you get cocooned then? if the cave is gone?

As I do like the idea of the cave, but maybe there is a better/different way to do something like this? 

The current version I do like alot. However, if K wants to do something else/more then he can, and I'll back it up. S'long as he keeps the old one around, as it is a good concept. 

I wasn't opposing the removal of the cave, I was just curious as to why it was going away is all lol. and now I know after reading the loads of posts since then.

hopefully you manage what you set out to do with the mod from now on Kazyn, and it could be interesting to see it in that "DA" mod, though I don't currently have it, I'd download it to try out any spider scenario you give them for sure. curious now to see how your further plans develop with this mod from now on.

Stiltzkin, yeah I still consider myself to be pretty new to CK as well. Feel free to PM me with any thoughts or questions about it. Maybe we'll discover something more about it together. Two heads are better than one in this case.

Rest assured, I've written down the possibilities that I liked in previous posts and am keeping them in mind. There are some things that are beyond me but what I'm able to figure out currently is to have the web attack (for example) apply both the debuff I mentioned AND the entanglement effect. Where it gets fun is that the entanglement effect cannot be applied unless the target is first under the effects of the debuff first, using CK's condition system in the magic effect form. What worries me is that it might register the initial application of the debuff as true and jump right into entanglement anyway all on the first shot.

If I indeed encounter that problem, I will instead have the ranged web shot apply the debuff ONLY and the spider's bite attack apply the entanglement instead which would still check for the existing effect of the web spit debuff.... or vice versa. That's to be determined.

If you put the condition on the web magic effect itself, (similar to the grace time condition), it will work fine, but if you put the condition on the effect in the spell interface it will auto-apply anyway. I've attached a modified version of one of your older esp to try and demonstrate the effect. I had tried using three different levels of poison resist debuff so that little spiders had to hit you several times (and big spiders only twice), but the conditions on the spells didn't work, so you get all three effects instantly when hit by a little spider, but the conditions on the web magic effect does, so you get wrapped on the next hit. Anyway hopefully it will be useful to you, I'm looking forward to what you come up with!

I was considering ramping up the stam/magicka loss and then triggering the web wrap off being at a low magicka/stam value instead, but you might have some other ideas.

tried your esp, doesn't work for me, with it on there's no webbing scene at all, even after being hit by the spider and the spit multiple times. wonder if I'm missing something

Mod is great but I seem to have a issue when the spiders come to eat the character. Screen goes black and it just states "you cant continue fighting" and the options to try and escape keep looping. Any suggestions?

It's a possible incompatibility with a mod that keeps you from dying. Maybe your character's essential tag is modified, or if you're an SD(+) user, you might have the EndDeferredKill flag running on your character, which is something I have yet to address. At this point, you are supposed to die, though, so reloading is what you'd end up having to do ANYWAY, I think.

UPDATE: I've figured out how to implement the DA aftermath by making a simple side plugin that captures the player in a cage if defeated by bandits (similar to the forsworn capture, for those that are familiar with it). If I decide to make this dependent on it (which I'm very much considering, but will try and keep a standalone version for those that want it), I will probably implement a stronger initial escape system. Struggling against the webs will "damage" them while a spider being present might "heal" the webs. The durability of the webs will be shown visually by how entangled the victim is. Meanwhile, the victim's HP will slowly drain away, and should they fall unconscious, I would let DA fire off the quest to dynamically move the victim to various locations.

So why am I using DA as opposed to my own? DA's framework includes functions that handle followers better than I'm able, for one. It also handles blackouts and the re-awakenings smoothly as well as applying generalized debuffs that severely (but temporarily) hinder the player's ability to fight. I figure why reinvent the wheel?

The mod is very, very cool!  But I cant get the spiders to actually kidnap my character.  They shoot the webbing and immobilize her, but then they just walk around.  I have the expansion installed correctly(I think).  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Edit:  Also, there doesn't appear to be any kind of cocoon model.  She just squirms on the ground, and when she gets up, she has a little webbing on her.  I am obviously doing something horribly wrong...HELP! 

Hmm, the ZaZ pack got an update three days ago. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Are you using the latest version of ZaZ? I'll look into what's new with the ZaZ pack and see if that's the culprit.

Nothing wrong with using the latest version, it probably just means I have to update this mod accordingly. I think Ms Leeches used her own meshes and textures (duplicated from ZaZ pack) to make her own, so what I'm suggesting to try next might not help me in troubleshooting, but if you disable the Expansion mod (this mod) and use just the original arachnophobia mod, does the cocoon show up? If not, then yeah, sounds like the IDs for the cocoons might've changed and I have to update them accordingly.

That's just a guess... I'm fairly new to modding, myself, so what I said might look like complete bollocks when more veteran modders look at what I said. XD

Perhaps, but if the original mod isn't showing the webs either, then it could be something changed with the latest animation pack. Try installing V0054.7z (It's still available for download on the mod page). It is an old version but for testing purposes, try that and see if it works.

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/156-zaz-animation-pack-2013-10-08/

I haven't been able to get around to looking at it myself yet, but eventually, I'll have it updated with the latest version for ZaZ.

Yesterday finally got spidered for the first time, was a great experience. The difficulty is just about right, the spiders killed me, but i had almost escaped. When i was webbed later again i managed to escape before they dragged me to their hideout.

I've released another small, though not quite as miniscule, of an update (v 0.9.9) that makes spiders more dangerous (their bite attacks can now also entangle you), but also streamlines the escape process from the cave somewhat. See the change log for further details.

This update doesn't contain anything for followers.

I do expect this update to present new issues. Feel free to post them accordingly. Knowing my luck, something was forgotten.

If you don't like the changes, I've left the previous version(s) uploaded, as well. I intend to include an option into the MCM menu to toggle if bite attacks can entangle or not. It certainly has made them much more dangerous now, however that will have to come with a later update.

Hrm, looks like the coocoon in the cave dissapears emediatly as soon as an action is chozen, however the player remains unbound. It also seems to be taking a while to progress/end. 

Would be nice if you could find a way to unlock the camera when the player is out in skyrim.

Also, still think you should add an MCM menue option to add gagged moans (for females of course).

Edit: the Cocoon re-appeared after a while, weird. 

Seemed like after that, everything whent back to normal porcess.

Spiders capturing still seem a bit finicy about weather or not they want to hang around the player to cocoon them. 

Still good times!

Mod works pretty good I am a fan. However the spiders in the red belly mine at least, not sure if its the same for other mines, but they don't seem to want to bring you back to their lair. They just wait for you to break free then cocoon you again. I've only had this problem with the red belly spiders so not sure if those have different scripting or something.

I like the addition of the bite to entangle you makes the spiders more dangerous.

All spiders share the same AI package in that they're supposed to approach the victim if there are no other targets to engage. However, frostbite spiders come in various sizes. I'll probably have to make a different package for each size of spider to "follow" the victim based on its size. The reason the little guys are keeping their distance is because they're within the appropriate radius specified by their package. If this maximum follow radius were any lower, the bigger spiders would potentially, infinitely push the victim, sliding it across the floor, because the victim keeps being pushed outside the radius.

So that'll be next on my list of things to tackle, more than likely. It was both a bit of an oversight and laziness on my part.

Yes! give them some Nightmare Fuel! (the Arachnophobes)

No offence of course but seriously, people should just suck it up and face their fears.

It's not that simple with real phobias, though.

Yeah, I wached the Dessolation of Smaug... those friggen spiders.

Not a good time for someone with a violent phobia of spiders. Like the kind of volent that causes the urge to unload a magazine from a glock at the damn thing. (Which I did once)

Strangly enough, Frostbite don't bother me, most video game spiders dont bother me at all.

Hell the only video game spiders that gave me issues were the ones in Metro: LL.

These Fuckers right here:

post-206357-0-81034800-1397314126_thumb.pngpost-206357-0-79515800-1397314134_thumb.png

They hide in holes and chitter, like they're plotting against you. Not to mention they're about the size of a large dog, there is a whole bunch of them, and their body is just about bullet proof... gotta shine a flashlight on them to kill them. No seriusly, thats what you have to do. They cant into light, like vampires. Then again, these guys are more like mutated crabs mixed with scorpions. They dont have 8 legs, as  you can see, but still as nightmare inducing.

But this is a realy great mod for those who are into DiD. Wish there were more DiD centered mods, instead of just player slave and rape mods. Dont get me wrong, I like those, but there is nothing like a good DiD situation.