Adding NPCs certainly wouldn't be difficult, for sure. Of course, I included a bunch of dead corpses in there to begin with. The victim dragged to the cave is supposedly supposed to be the next meal. As for what they would do aside from wriggle helplessly and maybe die, I'm not sure what other purpose they would serve.

Adding NPCs certainly wouldn't be difficult, for sure. Of course, I included a bunch of dead corpses in there to begin with. The victim dragged to the cave is supposedly supposed to be the next meal. As for what they would do aside from wriggle helplessly and maybe die, I'm not sure what other purpose they would serve.

eyecandy really. lol

As far as freeing someone goes, if it were a one-time thing, maybe, but considering this can happen over and over again in a single play-through, it sort of serves as a reward for getting caught by spiders, rather than it supposed to be penalizing the player for getting caught.

We'll see, I guess.

As far as freeing someone goes, if it were a one-time thing, maybe, but considering this can happen over and over again in a single play-through, it sort of serves as a reward for getting caught by spiders, rather than it supposed to be penalizing the player for getting caught.

We'll see, I guess.

If you could make something like victim rescue along the line of the Companions radiant rescue quests that would be awesome. But l my though is the other victims are to far gone on spider venom for rescue.  Sort of like a Star Trek Classic redshirts.

We'll see, I guess.

true, but maybe it could just be the first time you enter the cave and free them, maybe if you free them, they no longer spawn in the cave there? if you leave them, they'll continue to squirm helplessly inside there until you do free them. also like RJLbwb said, you could possibly make it the source of some kind of rescue quest maybe.

A most delicious mod indeed!

Upon encountering this captivating wonder of a mod I was stunned and amazed. What really impressed me is how not only the PC could be captured but also that any random NPC can be wrapped up. Thank you, Kazyn, for this truly exceptional expansion of Ms Leeches mod. Further, I must say that your wish to expand it even more into a broader peril mod is quite admirable.

Also, I have a question about the cave sequence. When trying to escape the cocoon in the latest version are you supposed to be able to see your stamina/magicka bar draining while mashing the corresponding keys? My character was unable to escape in the cave at all (despite me having the escape settings at default) even after mashing for a considerable amount of time. I wasn't sure if I was making any progress at all due to the inability to see if I was using stamina/magicka and my character stayed at the last cocoon stage the whole time.

Finally, I was wondering if it's possible to adjust how long it takes for NPCs to escape being wrapped up? I should mention that I'm not referring to followers during the hanging cave sequence. Further, is it feasible to have NPCs go through the webbing stages as the PC does after being webbed instead of just being stuck at what appears to be the second to last one?

Thank you for your time and I apologize if my question was brought up elsewhere. I went through the thread a few days ago but I could have missed or forgot it if it was already asked.

Also, I have a question about the cave sequence. When trying to escape the cocoon in the latest version are you supposed to be able to see your stamina/magicka bar draining while mashing the corresponding keys? My character was unable to escape in the cave at all (despite me having the escape settings at default) even after mashing for a considerable amount of time. I wasn't sure if I was making any progress at all due to the inability to see if I was using stamina/magicka and my character stayed at the last cocoon stage the whole time.

Unfortunately, the hiding of your status bar seems to be a side effect with the function called to disable your controls. Right now, there's a couple uh... workarounds, in that you can select your character in the console and then view their HP, MP, and Stamina, among other things.

Another way you can tell if you're exhausted or not is when a little message appears in the top right, where your character complains about not having enough magicka or stamina.

Finally, another indicator to look for is, as you make progress in your escape from the cave, the cocoon will essentially "go backwards" in stages, to indicate how far along you've gotten before yanking yourself free.

Finally, I was wondering if it's possible to adjust how long it takes for NPCs to escape being wrapped up? I should mention that I'm not referring to followers during the hanging cave sequence. Further, is it feasible to have NPCs go through the webbing stages as the PC does after being webbed instead of just being stuck at what appears to be the second to last one?

Currently, there is no way to adjust the length of time on NPCs, but now that you mention it, making it into a configurable setting would be pretty easy. I'll be sure to add that to one of my things to change for the next build.

As for the web stages, I don't have any significant focus on expanding on other NPCs going through the stages, until I can come up with something a bit more robust with their escape system. I may actually re-implement Ms Leeches version of escape for them, in that there is a periodic check every so often to see if a trapped NPC can escape. It would certainly randomize their length of being trapped somewhat. If and when this makes it in there, I will then look at how they can go through stages.

I also am looking into ways to get both NPCs and the player to be able to help each other out of their silky bindings instead of them just looking at each other waiting to escape.

Thank you for your time and I apologize if my question was brought up elsewhere. I went through the thread a few days ago but I could have missed or forgot it if it was already asked.

Ok I am going to give this mod a try on my next play thru. I am making a list of mods i want to try after i am done helping play test a couple of other mods

Anyways I have a question about this mod. When a spider spits at you or bites you, what are the chances it webs you up? I love the idea of this mod but would like it to be somewhat rare. Or can the chance of it happening be configured in the MCM menu?

Currently, there is no way to adjust the length of time on NPCs, but now that you mention it, making it into a configurable setting would be pretty easy. I'll be sure to add that to one of my things to change for the next build.

As for the web stages, I don't have any significant focus on expanding on other NPCs going through the stages, until I can come up with something a bit more robust with their escape system. I may actually re-implement Ms Leeches version of escape for them, in that there is a periodic check every so often to see if a trapped NPC can escape. It would certainly randomize their length of being trapped somewhat. If and when this makes it in there, I will then look at how they can go through stages.

I also am looking into ways to get both NPCs and the player to be able to help each other out of their silky bindings instead of them just looking at each other waiting to escape.

Thanks for considering the suggestion. Also, the ability to break NPCs out of the webbing would work very well with longer NPC entrapment periods (if that slider is indeed implemented). 

Ok I am going to give this mod a try on my next play thru. I am making a list of mods i want to try after i am done helping play test a couple of other mods

Anyways I have a question about this mod. When a spider spits at you or bites you, what are the chances it webs you up? I love the idea of this mod but would like it to be somewhat rare. Or can the chance of it happening be configured in the MCM menu?

I believe the webbing animation will always activate if you're hit by a poison shot or bitten, unless of course you are in the grace period after just escaping from a webbing attempt during which you cannot be captured. If you're cautious when fighting them you can avoid it. Also, there are sliders to adjust the difficulty of escape in MCM so you can make fighting spiders extremely risky or just more of a nuisance. 

I believe the webbing animation will always activate if you're hit by a poison shot or bitten, unless of course you are in the grace period after just escaping from a webbing attempt during which you cannot be captured. If you're cautious when fighting them you can avoid it. Also, there are sliders to adjust the difficulty of escape in MCM so you can make fighting spiders extremely risky or just more of a nuisance. 

Hmm ok, thanks. I was hoping for there to only be a chance when you was hit. My personal hope is the mod author can add a slider to the chance you get caught up in the webbing when bitten or spit at with poison and hit. I think I would run it around 20-25%. I tend to use mods that make the game harder and it gets hard to completely avoid being bitten or spit on and I think it would get old after awhile if it happened 100% of the time.

Of course this is just my own personal view.

Kazyn. I DLed the most recent update. Cudoes on follower captures. All 4 of my people got snagged. I however am running into a problem. When I get webbed, I am no longer getting prompted for escape. I just squirm on the ground helplessly. Is there something I need to adjust in one of the mods? Should I have arachnophobia .99 installed as well? Please help.

Hmm ok, thanks. I was hoping for there to only be a chance when you was hit. My personal hope is the mod author can add a slider to the chance you get caught up in the webbing when bitten or spit at with poison and hit. I think I would run it around 20-25%. I tend to use mods that make the game harder and it gets hard to completely avoid being bitten or spit on and I think it would get old after awhile if it happened 100% of the time.

I agree, it would get old ... if you just stood there and let the web hit you :P  The fun part, for me, is dodging the spit while using range to kill it.

I agree, it would get old ... if you just stood there and let the web hit you :P  The fun part, for me, is dodging the spit while using range to kill it.

Sometimes especially in some caves where there is not a lot of room you can't avoid it. Sure outdoors or in large caves it is less of a issue but I remember several area's where there is several spiders and little room.

Anyways each to their own, I am not saying how it is set up is bad. Just saying for my tastes I would rather have a slider so I can adjust it up and down to suit my personal preference.

I would like to eventually implement a percent chance for the effect to be applied, but I haven't fully figured out how to, just yet. It's probably really simple and I just haven't looked hard enough, though. I'll certainly look into it though, because yes, there are times when a spider's attack is simply unavoidable.

As I've played around with the mod, though, I'm also okay with it being a certainty, as it forces a very safe and ranged playstyle on me when I encounter a spider. There are a bunch of a small customization options that I hope to include eventually.

I would like to eventually implement a percent chance for the effect to be applied, but I haven't fully figured out how to, just yet. It's probably really simple and I just haven't looked hard enough, though. I'll certainly look into it though, because yes, there are times when a spider's attack is simply unavoidable.

Cool to hear, you might want to talk to Goubo who does Defeat mod. He has his set up so each time you take a hit there is a chance you become defeated and it has a sliding scale.

It was actually defeat I was thinking of when I suggested what I did.

You can create a random chance condition by doing something like this:

Float Chance = 15.0	;Chance of the event happening, forexamplish 15%
If Chance => Utility.RandomFloat(1.0 , 100.0)	;This will generate a random number between 1 and 100
	(Do stuffs)	;If the generated number is equal or lower than Chance the event will happen
Endif

If you're not planning to use fractions of percents you can use int variables instead of floats, simply replace Float Chance with Int Chance and RandomFloat with RandomInt

I hope it helps ^^

I think you can also add a random condition directly on a magic effect buuuut I don't remember what it was called. Maybe GetRandom?

If Chance => Utility.RandomFloat(1.0 , 100.0)	;This will generate a random number between 1 and 100
	(Do stuffs)	;If the generated number is equal or lower than Chance the event will happen
Endif

If you're not planning to use fractions of percents you can use int variables instead of floats, simply replace Float Chance with Int Chance and RandomFloat with RandomInt

I hope it helps ^^

I think you can also add a random condition directly on a magic effect buuuut I don't remember what it was called. Maybe GetRandom?

Very cool and I am going to pretend I agree and the code makes complete sense to me. :P

Super awesome mod!

My only gripe:
Any ideas on how to stop the camera from locking in place? It reduces the effect a bit when all you see if cocooned legs because the camera won't move...

I do remember some modified the original mod to remove the camera lock. It was somewhere in Ms. Leech's thread. Any chance we could apply that?

Super awesome mod!

My only gripe:

Any ideas on how to stop the camera from locking in place? It reduces the effect a bit when all you see if cocooned legs because the camera won't move...

I do remember some modified the original mod to remove the camera lock. It was somewhere in Ms. Leech's thread. Any chance we could apply that?

I'm pretty sure this is a given if a way to re-implement it can be found. I've been trying to work around this myself, and will gladly share my approach if I succeed, but no luck so far.

Endif

I hope it helps ^^

I was thinking there might be a condition that could be used actually, and if not, I would go toward something like writing script for it, so thanks for that. : ) Most of the BIG issues are starting to go away, which is allowing for me to start implementing various smaller details with the mod.

Super awesome mod!

My only gripe:

I'm pretty sure this is a given if a way to re-implement it can be found. I've been trying to work around this myself, and will gladly share my approach if I succeed, but no luck so far.

Try using this mod, I have found this mod works for pretty much everything I have tried when the camera angle is bad. To be fair I have not tried it with this mod but some of the other mods on this site and on nexus gives poor camera angles and this fixed all them

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37347/?