HOW TO INSTALL HDT? Step 1: Click this - An overly-descriptive tutorial!

Is there a way to make this work with hilariously big breasts? when she rubs her breasts with some idle animation i installed (one made by a Japanese guy), the hands clip inside the breasts, is there any solution for this?

the rest of the animation is fine, boobs jump at the end and all that, it's just the clipping that bothers me.

I use a custom xpms skeleton i found on this forum (some months ago, i don't really remember the thread) and a HDT bodyslide i also found there.

I believe you'd need to edit the animation and set the hand path to better fit your character's breasts.

Oh well that's out of my reach... I guess I'll have to deal with it then, anyways, thank you.

Also, when using loverslab the breasts and ass clip through some animations, would the solution be the same as in my other question?

By loverslab you mean the sexlab mod?

I have no idea, but probably. I don't think animation sequences really change with specific character body part shape which is why some of them might have clipping in certain areas or floating instead.

After reading your guide I had everything working 100% so I thank you for that. The issue is today I wanted to try out a mod that requires the HDT body preset so I changed it from TBBP body to HDT. I use the ORC-petite-Boxum subset btw. I created bodies and batch built all my clothes. Now in game all naked bodys are crushed and seriously deformed. I tried everything. Switching back to TBBP uninstalling CBBE and starting again but nothing works why are all my bodies crushed? what caused this and how can I avoid it in the future?

Thanks a million

EDIT: when i say crushed I dont mean like HDT is stuck physics work fine. Textures are stretched and awfule. The seams are crushed inaround the pelvis and the nipples are covering the whole boob. Its really weird and I have never seen this before or know how to fix it

I had a similar problem. If youre using cbbe , when you batchbuild uncheck the bodies with the HDT prefix. That fixed my problem.

Edit

Didnt read the whole post. Tick only one of the HDT bodies (the one you use) untick the others.

I just saw this now and it totally worked.  Thanks a million man

After reading your guide I had everything working 100% so I thank you for that. The issue is today I wanted to try out a mod that requires the HDT body preset so I changed it from TBBP body to HDT. I use the ORC-petite-Boxum subset btw. I created bodies and batch built all my clothes. Now in game all naked bodys are crushed and seriously deformed. I tried everything. Switching back to TBBP uninstalling CBBE and starting again but nothing works why are all my bodies crushed? what caused this and how can I avoid it in the future?

Thanks a million

EDIT: when i say crushed I dont mean like HDT is stuck physics work fine. Textures are stretched and awfule. The seams are crushed inaround the pelvis and the nipples are covering the whole boob. Its really weird and I have never seen this before or know how to fix it

I had a similar problem. If youre using cbbe , when you batchbuild uncheck the bodies with the HDT prefix. That fixed my problem.

Edit

Didnt read the whole post. Tick only one of the HDT bodies (the one you use) untick the others.

I just saw this now and it totally worked.  Thanks a million man

aaand that's what guides are for....

I clearly went over that in the CBBE section :shy:

Forgive my ignorance, but what does HDT actually do?

I mean, I get the impression from browsing the threads in this forum that it basically just makes gigantic tits collide with each other. I've seen references to HDT clothes/fabric in other threads but I can't find anything like that in this actual forum.

So I'm confused. As a CNHF user (I've experimented with UNP/CBBE/7Base, but keep going back) I want natural looking women in my Skyrim, but I also really, really, really want more authentic fabric physics for cloaks, dresses, scarves, etc... Is HDT something I could actually benefit from?

Forgive my ignorance, but what does HDT actually do?

I mean, I get the impression from browsing the threads in this forum that it basically just makes gigantic tits collide with each other. I've seen references to HDT clothes/fabric in other threads but I can't find anything like that in this actual forum.

So I'm confused. As a CNHF user (I've experimented with UNP/CBBE/7Base, but keep going back) I want natural looking women in my Skyrim, but I also really, really, really want more authentic fabric physics for cloaks, dresses, scarves, etc... Is HDT something I could actually benefit from?

HDT Physics Extension is more about physics than gigantic tits colliding with each other. Collision is something completely optional.

Its a means to adding actual physics for things that are normally static such as hairs, clothes, jewelry, and body parts so that they're effected by gravity so things will go up while jumping, move back while running, etc.

In order to have HDT physics applied you'll need things that support it so for example - hairs won't move and benefit from the physics unless they're specifically HDT hairs, etc.

I suppose I should add a description to HDT at the start of the tutorial and maybe include a demonstration video as well :P

I messed up on the batch build and accidentally created the batch build with bodies and outfits selected. I have little to no knowledge of this tool so the only thing I could think of was to uninstall everything I did backwards and start from step one in the guild in hopes that the error is gone and I can continue to try and get some HDT action in my game.

If anyone knows of any extra steps I need to take in order to ensure my error doesn't affect the process when starting again from square one please, please let me know.

This whole ordeal has been a nightmare!

Sob Story (you can stop reading now unless you're really bored):

As soon as I saw the potential of HDT I had to have it for my skryimming experience. I installed a few HDT clothing test sets and they worked OK but not to the extent of bouncy female companion goodness. So I attempted to slop some HDT bodies and other files I'd found on top of my already heavily modded skryim, not to my success.

I figured a fresh install of skyrim was necessary and my mods would have to be trimmed of anything that could potentially conflict with the HDT system. I get to uninstalling everything and wiping the skyrim directory to be certain I'd have a truly fresh install. During this time I came across this thread, and I was overjoyed that someone was able to systematically break the steps down in a written guide (I'm quite frankly annoyed by all the, although effective, long winded and amateur youtube guides available now and days. No bro I don't need to hear a dubstep song while watching your tutorial video. A well written guide is so much more elegant) After the game downloads I get to work filtering my 200+ mods to ensure my HDT install would go without a hitch. So from about 8pm - 2am I'm working through all this, distracted as I was with the TV going. Then just after 2am everything goes dark - a power outage.

I'm not worried I have a good surge protector so there shouldn't be any damage to my hardware. The power doesn't come back on within a few minutes so I know that it won't be back on for a while. I leave my quest to get HDT working for a book by candle light until I fall asleep.

The next morning the power is back. I eventually get back to resuming the installation and trimming of mods. Unfortunately my nexus mod manger took a complete poop from the outage and multiple files associated with it were corrupted. After a couple hours troubleshooting that mess I'm ultimately left with two options, continue on with installing the remaining mods and HDT system, and when I get to testing everything in game if something conflicts have to go back and remove the mod and all its associated files manually - OR - uninstall and wipe everything again to ensure easier troubleshooting down the line. I elected for the later.

Just as I get the mods trimmed and start on the HDT system install, I make the mistake stated at the beginning of the post. I'm so demoralized right now that taking the time to write out this little story seemed a better option that facing the fact that I may be faced with ANOTHER wipe.

I follow all the instructions on section B, and I assumed I didn't have to do the HDT Havok Path method, since you didn't really mention that, so I replaced my body (I am using the old CBBE Manga Body). After I did so, and went back into the game, my character acted as if HDT was never installed, the hands went through the breasts. Then I reinstalled Havok Object, and equipping that did give the breasts HDT physics, but now occasionally it vibrates and when it makes contact with the hands it is stuck pointing upwards (much like the video below), and I am not using and hair with physics. I have also tried both with and without skeleton_female.hkx. I have not been able to solve this for the longest time (approx. 3 months?). Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong?

You said equipping Havok Object gave the breasts physics. Are you saying that if you take Havok Object off your character then the physics disable completely?

What HDT version and XML are you using for Havok Object?

I've seen some really messed up collision before that was mostly caused by the XML file. You should use the default Havok Object setup until everything is working right - if you aren't.

If your character is behaving like the one in the video linked, it doesn't look the same kind of broken as hair with physics does or without the skele hhx. It seems to be working okay.

Maybe I'm off here, but the hands are going into the breasts because they're spaceship-sized.

Regardless of having collision enabled, its a set animation.

If the breasts are too small, I imagine the hands wouldn't even touch them and if they're as massive as in that video then they end up going through them.

As for the breasts pointing upward towards the end of the animation, that also is probably because of the size.

With normal sized breasts, the hands will rest above on the upper chest at the end of the animation.

However, with the.. erm.. spaceships.. The hands are still in contact with the breasts because of how much space they take up and thus the collision is still effecting them and due to the location the hands are at, it causes the breasts to tilt up in reaction.

If I'm right on this then the only real solution is to edit the animation so the character's hands better fit the body.

You could try out a normal-sized body just to see if everything works right first. 

Hello, it been a while since I replied to your comment. Unequiping the Havok Object does disable the physics, probably because I didn't do the Havok pathing on the body. Even if I did do the pathing, the same thing would happen (breast stuck pointing upward upon contact), much like the screenshot below (this time I posted smaller breasts to show size was not the cause). The version I am using for HDT is 14.28.

Sorry for the late post.

post-30367-0-71140200-1396770351_thumb.png

snip

Ow, sounds like a rough night.

Well, okay just one thing. You don't need to uninstall everything because you mess up your batch build.

If you screw it up all you need to do is regenerate your main body and then regenerate the outfits properly. You can also generate outfits individually if you're worried about messing something up with a batch build - but even if you do its easy to fix.

Hello, it been a while since I replied to your comment. Unequiping the Havok Object does disable the physics, probably because I didn't do the Havok pathing on the body. Even if I did do the pathing, the same thing would happen (breast stuck pointing upward upon contact), much like the screenshot below (this time I posted smaller breasts to show size was not the cause). The version I am using for HDT is 14.28.

Sorry for the late post.

Something else might be wrong then.. unless there's something in relation to it with XMLs then unequipping Havok Object shouldn't break your physics ever. Also, I know nothing about pathing so it shouldn't be required as I've gotten collision working fine before by just installing the simple Havok Object setup.

I have had issues similar to what you have with Havok Object when I was initially testing it out, but don't really know a cause. Something in your install is probably off especially if your physics won't even work without Havok Object equipped.

Does the default XML for Havok Object do this or are you using a custom one?

And does the standard HDT install give you working physics? Or does it still not work then?

Sorry for the late post.

Something else might be wrong then.. unless there's something in relation to it with XMLs then unequipping Havok Object shouldn't break your physics ever. Also, I know nothing about pathing so it shouldn't be required as I've gotten collision working fine before by just installing the simple Havok Object setup.

I have had issues similar to what you have with Havok Object when I was initially testing it out, but don't really know a cause. Something in your install is probably off especially if your physics won't even work without Havok Object equipped.

Does the default XML for Havok Object do this or are you using a custom one?

And does the standard HDT install give you working physics? Or does it still not work then?

I tried both the XML for Object and 14.28, and same result for both. If collision is what you mean by working physics, then yes, it does give me working physics, just stuck pointing upwards. This is really frustrating.... I already reinstalled game + mod twice already...... shouldn't be this hard.

Edit: Wait that's not what I meant...... Yes the physics are applied when my character walks or does any animation involving TBBP or BBP, but only for collision does this issue occur.

Hi,

How do i know that hdt is actually working?

Boobs are bouncing, but I can't notice the difference between physics' bounce and animation's bounce (TBBP).

here is the hdt log:

hdtPhysicsExtensions
[04/12/14 01:58:02]INFO: Queue OK
[04/12/14 01:58:02]INFO: System run with 8 threads
[04/12/14 01:58:02]INFO: Havok simulated world created.
[04/12/14 01:58:02]INFO: SKSEPlugin_Load
[04/12/14 01:58:28]INFO: Cell changed...
[04/12/14 01:58:28]INFO: Add character 00000014
[04/12/14 01:59:31]INFO: Cell changed...
[04/12/14 01:59:31]INFO: Add character 00000014
[04/12/14 02:07:47]INFO: Cell changed...

Thanks, and thanks for your effort to make this tutorial

Hi,

Boobs are bouncing, but I can't notice the difference between physics' bounce and animation's bounce (TBBP).

here is the hdt log:

hdtPhysicsExtensions

[04/12/14 01:58:02]INFO: Queue OK

[04/12/14 01:58:02]INFO: System run with 8 threads

[04/12/14 01:58:02]INFO: Havok simulated world created.

[04/12/14 01:58:02]INFO: SKSEPlugin_Load

[04/12/14 01:58:28]INFO: Cell changed...

[04/12/14 01:58:28]INFO: Add character 00000014

[04/12/14 01:59:31]INFO: Cell changed...

[04/12/14 01:59:31]INFO: Add character 00000014

[04/12/14 02:07:47]INFO: Cell changed...

Thanks, and thanks for your effort to make this tutorial

It's working, when you see no errors or warnings in your log file (which you have none, congratulations!)

TBBP bounce is not customizable and not able to be animation independant (meaning you need to install TBBP animations)

Wheras HDT you install any animation (Provided you have Groovtama's rig map) and BAM insta bounce. And the bounce is user customizable

It's working, when you see no errors or warnings in your log file (which you have none, congratulations!)

TBBP bounce is not customizable and not able to be animation independant (meaning you need to install TBBP animations)

Wheras HDT you install any animation (Provided you have Groovtama's rig map) and BAM insta bounce. And the bounce is user customizable

Yes!!

I'm not actually download and install TBBP mod, instead I create new body + bounce with bodyslide2 (CalienteBodyAdvance BBP).

I find that easier for me since I'm a fresh newbie :D

thanks for your info :)

Is there any way to fix the squished breasts problem without replacing the skeleton? I really want to have swords on back but the tutorial says that I can't do that. Is there any other way to solve the issue?

In first page, description, C)F.A.Q. , third Q/A

So while waiting for a couple other mods to get in better shape, I've decided to rip out the patch-work job I've been duct-taping together since a year back in regards to skeletons and the new HDT file system, and start with a fresh, solid install - Your post is in a word paramount for this Enskyment - thanks so much for putting this together!

1. Install a skeleton.

Quick note: You don't actually have to follow the rest of these steps in this specific order. Some people prefer to install the skeleton last and let it overwrite anything else. Do whatever you're comfortable with.

The commonly recommended one is XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended.

[...]

One final note on the skeleton is that you should avoid installing anything over it.

For example, if an animation pack wants to overwrite parts of it then don't let it.

And if you install it last, make sure to overwrite everything with it.

One question in regards to skeleton .nif files though - there are a couple mods I'm looking to include, such as SoS, ECE, and JoP. These files contain the same skeleton files that conflict with the main XPMS Extended. (example would be SoS contains the [character assets/skeleton.nif] and [character assets/skeletonbeast.nif] files that would conflict with XPMS Extended's files.

Would I just ignore all skeletal files in these other mods that conflict with XPMS' files, and just be sure to install XPMS over all of them? Your walkthrough says to do this with the Realistic Ragdolls and Force files, but I'm just looking for a confirmation when I'm reading between the lines :)

Hey Enskyment,

i reinstalled the skeleton, CBBE, bodyslide2, hdt-pe, hdt body, textures and the armor set.

I used AdvancedTBBP as outfit/body and CBBE as preset (and increased breast size from 80% to 100% and saved it) and loaded my game without batch build. Voilá, titty bounce (e.g. with fur armor)! :D

Then i used batch build to convert the armor because i noticed that it didnt fit 100% (maybe because of the 100% breast size) and converted the armor. And this really lead to the loss of titty bounce in armor (e.g. fur armor).

really weird....

also without conversion i have titty bounce of npcs, yay!

I have the same issue, did you ever solve it arnulfpeter?

Edit: Before i convert the armor to fit my preset there is fully functional breast physics, but when i select my preset, then the armor and hit create bodies there are no physics ingame. I always have physics on a nude character tho. I also use the Remodeled Armor for CBBE Bodyslide and BBP with BBP enabled and i use the Mod Organizer.

Edit2: Fixed it, it was Mod Organizer that was the culprit, tho i don't understand quite what it did. So if you run into this problem, here's what you do:

Install Bodyslide, CBBE or whatever body you wish to use and the clothing/armor mod outside of Mod Organizer. Either a manual install or have the Nexus Mod Manager only to manage your bodyslide/CBBE/armor mods. Then follow the tutorial in the OP like usual.

I don't know if it's the good thread, but i want to know if Someone has already created a exaggerated version for butts. Or what things i need to change in the xml file?

I did link some edited All In One XML download somewhere in the tutorial that is highly over-exaggerated.

It makes your character's ass look like someone dribbling a basketball.

Its quite ridiculous lol.

Do you mind if I suggest changes in your tutorial? There are some minor issues that nicks me and I could improve sentences to make it easily understandable.

PM me them

Hi,

Hmm, I noticed the difference immediately. If its working right for you then tweaking XMLs can heavily change the look of the physics.

If you want to know for sure if its working and its not TPPB then don't use any TPPB animations. If the physics still work, all is good.

Is there any way to fix the squished breasts problem without replacing the skeleton? I really want to have swords on back but the tutorial says that I can't do that. Is there any other way to solve the issue?

I believe the XP32 Maximum something rather skeleton has the option to have swords on the back. I recommend trying that out :)

One question in regards to skeleton .nif files though - there are a couple mods I'm looking to include, such as SoS, ECE, and JoP. These files contain the same skeleton files that conflict with the main XPMS Extended. (example would be SoS contains the [character assets/skeleton.nif] and [character assets/skeletonbeast.nif] files that would conflict with XPMS Extended's files.

Would I just ignore all skeletal files in these other mods that conflict with XPMS' files, and just be sure to install XPMS over all of them? Your walkthrough says to do this with the Realistic Ragdolls and Force files, but I'm just looking for a confirmation when I'm reading between the lines :)

Unless Groov ever updates the skele to have support for other things or someone learns to merge .nif files then I don't think there's a way to get around this. Some things simply require certain skeletons. For ECE you can just install everything over it and I know the Xp32 extended works with it - not sure if you need to install the extra slicers to get it to.

For the others, I'm not sure. It depends on if their .nif is required.

snip

I have the same issue, did you ever solve it arnulfpeter?

Edit: Before i convert the armor to fit my preset there is fully functional breast physics, but when i select my preset, then the armor and hit create bodies there are no physics ingame. I always have physics on a nude character tho. I also use the Remodeled Armor for CBBE Bodyslide and BBP with BBP enabled and i use the Mod Organizer.

Edit2: Fixed it, it was Mod Organizer that was the culprit, tho i don't understand quite what it did. So if you run into this problem, here's what you do:

Install Bodyslide, CBBE or whatever body you wish to use and the clothing/armor mod outside of Mod Organizer. Either a manual install or have the Nexus Mod Manager only to manage your bodyslide/CBBE/armor mods. Then follow the tutorial in the OP like usual.

yeah, me and Anulf were suspecting it might be MO.

glad you could confirm it and that everything's working for you now. Gonna' add a part to the tutorial about MO.

---

Sorry if I missed anyone and thanks to those who had kind words to say about me making the thread. :lol:

Not sure if this is the correct topic to ask this, but does the .xml's Mass setting affect the shape of breasts? As in higher mass causing more "sagging" or does it only affect how the breasts move?

Multiple parameters effect how much the breast sags.

Their all inter-related.

Your Mass + Constraint limits + Gravity + Inertia Tensors are the factors which effect sagginess of breasts in idle position

There's also other things ( overall it's sorta complicated) but the above stuff are mainly what effects those attributes.

Not sure if this is the correct topic to ask this, but does the .xml's Mass setting affect the shape of breasts? As in higher mass causing more "sagging" or does it only affect how the breasts move?

Multiple parameters effect how much the breast sags.

Their all inter-related.

Your Mass + Constraint limits + Gravity + Inertia Tensors are the factors which effect sagginess of breasts in idle position

There's also other things ( overall it's sorta complicated) but the above stuff are mainly what effects those attributes.

Okay thanks, very helpful! I was sure this was the case when I used CBBE, but after switching to 7B I no longer could see difference between 1.0 and 1.8 mass settings and that got me wondering. Found perfect settings for my brand new 7B girl :)

i just installed hdt with you guide and it werks perfectly. however i do get the torpedo breast because i use xpms+ cbbe, i know you said to replace it but i'm a bit stubborn and still wan't the sword on back and am using dual sheath redux. so my question is: is there a way to fix the breast and keep xpms?