Project Merida (Just another shitty hair)

Yoo

You should really change the title to "Project Merida (Just a magnificent hair)".

Honestly now, you've done a great work. Both you and sayka_83. Should you find the need to change something, making it a little more "heavy" (is that even possible?), would be a welcome addition. But it is more than great as is

EDIT

Just a thing that i've noticed. Using your hair and a HDT enabled skirt, makes the left side of the skirt to rise :P. It only happens when i "equip" one of your hairs, and only when i'm stationary. Did you just created the "Merilyn Monroe effect"? :D

While i don't have the multi-directional hair issue mchaloffvii showed above, i do have the same discoloration.  In the sun, it looks like shadows are scrolling across the hair. 

If you use enb, try to desactive the detailed shadows, in some places i desactive, and looks better . Or try to move a little, in one place with more light(you must to think that this hair have a lot of polygons ;) )

try this please and see it is better for you

First at all, thank you for waiting and thank you for the feedbak ^^

And thanks for understanding the amount of work that this thing takes and not stuff like "you should do this for every hair mod!"

You should really change the title to "Project Merida (Just a magnificent hair)".

Honestly now, you've done a great work. Both you and sayka_83. Should you find the need to change something, making it a little more "heavy" (is that even possible?), would be a welcome addition. But it is more than great as is

EDIT

Just a thing that i've noticed. Using your hair and a HDT enabled skirt, makes the left side of the skirt to rise :P. It only happens when i "equip" one of your hairs, and only when i'm stationary. Did you just created the "Merilyn Monroe effect"? :D

attachicon.gifenb 2014_03_29 21_20_32_82.bmp

Its a collision filter issue, seems like the skirt uses filter 10 or just 0 for their rigid bodies.

That's why sometime ago I wrote "Collision filters and Yoo..."

It's great addition to the hdt hair family, but i think there is a little too much mesh hair in the headsides and back.

And I think I was short on the amount of hair on the sides xD

Lets ask Merida about it

disney-merida-hair.png?itok=A8yVi9xb

While i don't have the multi-directional hair issue mchaloffvii showed above, i do have the same discoloration.  In the sun, it looks like shadows are scrolling across the hair. 

Sadly, Its a Skyrim related problem since its AWFUL at processing alphas and one sided meshes. The workaround would be adding real thickness to the hair creating another set of polys with flipped normals. But that means doubling the polycount =S

ENB solves part of this problem and I think that SweetFX too, and of course, HDT Depth peeling algorithm for alphas (but that means an extra hit on your fps)

Sadly, Its a Skyrim related problem since its AWFUL at processing alphas and one sided meshes. The workaround would be adding real thickness to the hair creating another set of polys with flipped normals. But that means doubling the polycount =S

ENB solves part of this problem and I think that SweetFX too, and of course, HDT Depth peeling algorithm for alphas (but that means an extra hit on your fps)

I actually use SweetFX as i have too many mods for ENB.  Could you point me in the right direction on how to use SweetFX to solve this issue?

I love this hair, though i would that it was a bit more out of the face, and i would very much like to fix the light/shadow issue i'm having.

I actually use SweetFX as i have too many mods for ENB.  Could you point me in the right direction on how to use SweetFX to solve this issue?

I love this hair, though i would that it was a bit more out of the face, and i would very much like to fix the light/shadow issue i'm having.

You could try changing the color palette but I dont have any idea about how to do it xD

only real problem is its quite jittery when standing completely still. I see it just like this in the video too.

Looks a bit sheep doggish in the front, but I suppose the look is more of meant to resemble the original than look the total best.

The actual movement is pretty great though. nice work.

This is literally my favorite mod for Skyrim thus far. It looks amazing and makes all the other animations look that much better-especially when you get the killcams(so epic XD)! The only thing I think the hair could use is maybe more transparent looking hair tips instead of looking so solid. Reminds me a little of the hair from Heavenly Sword in terms of how the strands look at the ends of them but everything else is a marvel to look at. How'd you manage to do this without crashing Skyrim into the ground? However you pulled this off, I'm so grateful ya did and I look forward to whatever else you make. If only more videogames had hair this good... 

P.S. Props on getting the 2nd video to go along with the song so well-even when it slowed down. lol Nice touch. 

LOL

On the Nexus upload, a mod deleted the part were I mentioned you guys xD

Talking about silent clicks... lol

They just do that without your permission or notifying you?

Terrible if that is so :@

On a side note, took a look through the latest source, and FYI, I took a look through the source today and found that gravity is perma-set to -9.8 exactly on the Havok World simulated by HDT. (I have an older version of HDT's Source which I'm updating right now but I'm 99.9% sure she didn't change the gravity between the versions.)

Hopefully that can help you with your weight calculations if so needed :D

LOL

On the Nexus upload, a mod deleted the part were I mentioned you guys xD

Talking about silent clicks... lol

They just do that without your permission or notifying you?

Terrible if that is so :@

On a side note, took a look through the latest source, and FYI, I took a look through the source today and found that gravity is perma-set to -9.8 exactly on the Havok World simulated by HDT. (I have an older version of HDT's Source which I'm updating right now but I'm 99.9% sure she didn't change the gravity between the versions.)

Hopefully that can help you with your weight calculations if so needed :D

Yup, no notifications, no warning, no message, no nothing. I even realized that because I took a look at the "actions" tab just to see what was that and at the bottom I found "mod name" has changed Long Description  and "same mod name" has changed Credits. Then I thought "maybe they removed the LL mention on the credits" and well, I was correct... xD

But they haven't removed the part were I mention you oh great "orange thing".

Btw, I'll check the gravity thing, thx for the info!

Yup, no notifications, no warning, no message, no nothing. I even realized that because I took a look at the "actions" tab just to see what was that and at the bottom I found "mod name" has changed Long Description  and "same mod name" has changed Credits. Then I thought "maybe they removed the LL mention on the credits" and well, I was correct... xD

But they haven't removed the part were I mention you oh great "orange thing".

Btw, I'll check the gravity thing, thx for the info!

Wow.

This behaviour seriously makes me re-think wanting to even possibly upload a mod onto Nexus.

And of course they probably did something like that because:

1. Your mod is too awesome for them to ban it. (I'm guessing even the moderators there use it.)

2. I firmly believe in giving credit where credit is due, and mods overwriting the credits section of a mod page is a HUGE deal breaker for me personally :(. Especially if they just do it willy nilly and don't even notify actual author...

Also, with number 2 being stated, I dunno why you put me in the credits section - I am undeserving as I haven't really helped you much on you awesome mod (actually your the on that helped me lol) but thanks for the thought and the nickname!

Back on track:

I ran a test compile, and yeap you can change the world params in the source, I am still learning the Havok SDK so I don't know what the other parameters are besides gravity (I assume some form of friction constant like air friction or something can also be set? Maybe if I look at the Havok Tools World Filter I can find out)

If you'd like to change the gravity value, or make it more precise in the source, it's under the world.cpp file :)

Also on Nexus, it seems to have been hidden from searches. 

When I tried to find it from inside nexus all searches come up blank - even missing from the recent files.

I could only find it there by following the link in winny's post above.

EDIT - My mistake, as Strider points out it was due to my setting a preference in search.

I just typed "merida" at the search engine, and it was the only result showing. I guess it's something on your end.

Back on the skirt issue i have. I followed your instructions, and found out that the skirts were using the 0 layer. I changed them first to 12 and then to 14. Neither fix it. Then i recalled that with the xp32's ponytail, i didn't had that issue. So i thought, what if I change the layers from your hair to 0 (just like the ponytail). It didn't make any difference either.

What am I doing wrong? I'm using the notepad++ for the changes. Do I need to change anything else besides the "\'collisionFilterInfo">0"

Archived