Project Merida (Just another shitty hair)

Yoo

Adenz, how did you manage multiple characters using the hair, are they just cloned?

i make an item - an HDT equippable headpiece/wig of Merida Hair, then i give my followers that wigs

Sorry for my poor english! :D

Thanks a lot for the wigs ....,     how do I color them again ???

:)

You need to do it in nifscope.

Select the hair and scroll down the list you will find a hair colour setting.

I am currently in the middle of making multiple wigs with multiple colours.

The 2 Merida, 3 Numenume and two Azar Ponytails, each with 16 colour variants.

A ballbuster of a job.

So far only done all the Ponytail ones and tweaking the colours before really moving on.

The wig linked in this thread seemed to be set up wrong and only showed one half of the hair, fixed that as well.

Actually that is exactly what I tried to do but it did not work for some reason :)

If you are doing it then I will wait for you :)

the wigs are amazing by the way!

So, I am attempting to use this hair in my game, but when I try and select either one, I get two errors.

One, the rigid bodies error, which I understand requires editing the XML file, I'm just not quite clear on which file I need to edit, and what I should change the 0 to.

More distressingly, if I try and select the Merida hair, it shows up in showracemenu, but as soon as I end and create my character, it defaults to the next HDT hair in line. Any clue why that might be?

Any help would be appreciated, and if you need more info from my end, just lemme know.

More distressingly, if I try and select the Merida hair, it shows up in showracemenu, but as soon as I end and create my character, it defaults to the next HDT hair in line. Any clue why that might be?

Any help would be appreciated, and if you need more info from my end, just lemme know.

I had the same problem using ECE + Racemenu. Are yoo using that combination?

The hair won't drop all the way down and I'm using latest HDT.

WsvLcGN.jpg

Any tips?

EDIT: Nvm. Fixed it...

Posting the issue and fix for others would help, general observation not got issue but, have seen same when I have. It's infuriating to know someone fixed a posted issue but doesn't say how.

I had the same problem using ECE + Racemenu. Are yoo using that combination?

No, I am using ECE, but not Racemenu.

i second that.

i have the same problem with merida hair and i dont know how to fix it.

so if you would please post the possible fix

Are you talking about the flat hair problem by aske89?  I had the same problem and I think it was because I used an edited version of femalehead.nif with embedded Havok from another HDT tutoring thread and something in the xml files didn't like that.  Reverting back to vanilla head mesh and installing Havok body physics using cpl2011's Havok for Beginners method without edited body .nif solved it.

i second that.

Are you talking about the flat hair problem by aske89?  I had the same problem and I think it was because I used an edited version of femalehead.nif with embedded Havok from another HDT tutoring thread and something in the xml files didn't like that.  Reverting back to vanilla head mesh and installing Havok body physics using cpl2011's Havok for Beginners method without edited body .nif solved it.

nope .. we can not change the color of the hair wigs by editing the *.nif files!

• 2 months later...

i second that.

nope .. we can not change the color of the hair wigs by editing the *.nif files!

P much still an issue, sadly.

The issue with the hair looking like she's standing over an open steam-vent was caused (at least for me) by a conflict with HDT Havok Object. If you're still having the issue and wearing that - just try taking it off.  

Funny story - I'd put the hair on for the first time through showracemenu and was loving it, then had the same issue after a reload of my game: There was broccoli head. Apparently HavokObj had ceased functioning allowing the hair to act normally. Went nuts reinstalling all HDT related mods, including the hair in a diff order hoping to fix it, thinking "it DID work with it for a few minutes!" When it clearly hadn't.

My character had other hair style over the past few months... But I always kept coming back to this sexy set of flowing locks after that. Hair's fantastic, thanks and good work. 

(ps Hi everyone, first time posting here on LL, been lurking ever since I got back into sky modding a while back ^.^)

Archived