Project Merida (Just another shitty hair)

Yoo

I'll admit this mod is making me want to install HDT. I'm not on the best systm but its handling 185 active mods right now. A lot of them textures and replacer stuff. I also run an ENB with little to no performance issues. How taxing is HDT?

Can't say I noticed any performance impact from HDT. The only thing I've done with HDT that hurt my FPS is make a change to an ENB setting that helps the older HDT versions run better with it, but it isn't necessarily required and it isn't needed in the newest version of HDT.

I'll admit this mod is making me want to install HDT. I'm not on the best systm but its handling 185 active mods right now. A lot of them textures and replacer stuff. I also run an ENB with little to no performance issues. How taxing is HDT?

Can't say I noticed any performance impact from HDT. The only thing I've done with HDT that hurt my FPS is make a change to an ENB setting that helps the older HDT versions run better with it, but it isn't necessarily required and it isn't needed in the newest version of HDT.

what setting did you have to change? I use a version of Somber ENB.

what setting did you have to change? I use a version of Somber ENB.

You don't have to change it, but:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/28507-how-to-install-hdt-step-1-click-this-an-overly-descriptive-tutorial/

Check step 5.

but if you want you can just use the latest HDT version and you won't need to touch your ENB.

UPDATE!

Current version: 2.14.18

(if someone is interested in knowing the reason of such arbitrary numbers, they mean the number of the Max Scene used for havok setup, the "2" means that is the second version of the Mesh)

First of all, I love the hair, even though it's a bit much for my system. One query though, do each of the xml files need to load three times for one instance of the hair? This is my log file just loading a save with the hair.

hdtPhysicsExtensions
[04/02/14 08:22:27]INFO: Queue OK
[04/02/14 08:22:27]INFO: System run with 8 threads
[04/02/14 08:22:27]INFO: Havok simulated world created.
[04/02/14 08:22:27]INFO: SKSEPlugin_Load
[04/02/14 08:23:09]INFO: Physics system loaded : DATA\MESHES\actors\character\character assets\hair\Yoo\MHairCAP_L.xml
[04/02/14 08:23:10]INFO: Physics system loaded : DATA\MESHES\actors\character\character assets\hair\Yoo\MhairBK_L.xml
[04/02/14 08:23:11]INFO: Physics system loaded : DATA\MESHES\actors\character\character assets\hair\Yoo\MHairCAP_L.xml
[04/02/14 08:23:11]INFO: Physics system loaded : DATA\MESHES\actors\character\character assets\hair\Yoo\MhairBK_L.xml
[04/02/14 08:23:12]INFO: Physics system loaded : DATA\MESHES\actors\character\character assets\hair\Yoo\MHairCAP_L.xml
[04/02/14 08:23:12]INFO: Physics system loaded : DATA\MESHES\actors\character\character assets\hair\Yoo\MhairBK_L.xml
[04/02/14 08:23:13]INFO: Cell changed...
[04/02/14 08:23:13]INFO: Add character 00000014

Love the new longer hair, would it be possible to do a short shoulder length version so we can have three to choose from.

Only reason being that it would be nice to mix it up with followers.

Having problem making followers show the long hair as well, the short cap shows up and the long is either missing or stretched off into the distance. Works fine when I switch control over to that character though.

These need to be made into wigs for easy use on NPCs as well.

Keep up the Shitty work Yoo. ;)

Adenz, how did you manage multiple characters using the hair, are they just cloned?

i make an item - an HDT equippable headpiece/wig of Merida Hair, then i give my followers that wigs

Sorry for my poor english! :D

Adenz, how did you manage multiple characters using the hair, are they just cloned?

i make an item - an HDT equippable headpiece/wig of Merida Hair, then i give my followers that wigs

Feel free to share it with us, I was going to try that myself but one to reverse engineer and see how it works would be nice.

Your English is probably better than mine most of the time.

Until someone makes something good, if you just want something like what is in the vid. IE black wig, you can try this I made this arvo. It has Merida long, short and the other ponytail hair as wigs. You need the other mods installed, this is just an esp that uses their resources.

Open console, type ~ help test

Use pgup/pgdn and look for an armor testmerida/long/short and testponytail. Select the npc you want to add it to and use additem  xxxxxxxx 1 to give it.

Do what you want with this.

Edit: From my tests Merida doesn't work real well as a wig. The "cap" half of the mesh duo is kinda static? Flat? Be ok for dances when the hair is flinging around but not so good for npc hair. The ponytail works better but there are two "tails". Never used either of them to see what they are like on a PC as I play a male, it may be they are like as they are meant to be on the PC for all I know. No idea, so caveat emptor...

If some one has ideas, post...

TestMerida.esp

post-22313-0-64981300-1396524859_thumb.jpg

post-22313-0-73608200-1396525045_thumb.jpg

Until someone makes something good, if you just want something like what is in the vid. IE black wig, you can try this I made this arvo. It has Merida long, short and the other ponytail hair as wigs. You need the other mods installed, this is just an esp that uses their resources.

Use pgup/pgdn and look for an armor testmerida/long/short and testponytail. Select the npc you want to add it to and use additem  xxxxxxxx 1 to give it.

Edit: From my tests Merida doesn't work real well as a wig. The "cap" half of the mesh duo is kinda static? Flat? Be ok for dances when the hair is flinging around but not so good for npc hair. The ponytail works better but there are two "tails". Never used either of them to see what they are like on a PC as I play a male, it may be they are like as they are meant to be on the PC for all I know. No idea, so caveat emptor...

Thanks.

I had bother with HDT working when I replaced a hair from another mod with it as well.

Thanks.

I had bother with HDT working when I replaced a hair from another mod with it as well.

The hair works better as a wig, ie no flat spot, if you use the xml files from this file http://www.loverslab.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=83068 from http://www.loverslab.com/topic/27122-hdt-collisions-hair-physics-now-with-belly-support-updated-just-another-hdt-xml-file/

post-22313-0-27447100-1397617590_thumb.jpg

Yoo, thanks for the great work!

post-120695-0-26548100-1398006737_thumb.jpg

What are some mods that complement the effects? I've found PlayerHeadTracking [though PHT is a bit buggy, don't open racemenu after installing] and Deadly Combat [due to the constant staggers]. Other than the obvious dance mods and SL animations, what would be some others? 

ps. would also love to see a slightly 'tied back' version to open up the pc's face a bit more, but using the exact same hair, with a few bangs tied to the rear. Would be even cooler to swap to tied-back on the fly and come loose when hit in combat. Could be part of a non-combat idle animation. 

Thanks a lot for the wigs ....,     how do I color them again ???

:)

Thanks a lot for the wigs ....,     how do I color them again ???

:)

You need to do it in nifscope.

Select the hair and scroll down the list you will find a hair colour setting.

I am currently in the middle of making multiple wigs with multiple colours.

The 2 Merida, 3 Numenume and two Azar Ponytails, each with 16 colour variants.

A ballbuster of a job.

So far only done all the Ponytail ones and tweaking the colours before really moving on.

The wig linked in this thread seemed to be set up wrong and only showed one half of the hair, fixed that as well.

Archived