Okay, F/M worked.

Also did test the dog to see if the fix works.

Well, its now complete broken ^^ No Animation gets a massage. (okay did test Dayelyte's)

(animation=CanineDoggystyle,creature=Hund,isPrimaryActorVictim=False,activeActor=Meeko,primaryFemaleActor=Juley,effectiveVoice=1st Person,isOrgasm=TRUE,displayVirginityLost=False)

[10/03/2014 - 10:37:06PM] Could not find or read file 'Data/Apropos/db/FemaleActor_Hund/FemaleActor_Hund_Vaginal_Orgasm.txt'

Going back to pre version to see if something else is causing that.

I'm actually not sure. Please attach a log (just Apropos0.log)

On it. 

No, its the recent change I made in the mod. I am going to revert it. It seemed like a good change (using the creature name coming from the actual SexLab controller thread instead of interrogating the tags on the animation), but it was not. I guess we are probably never going to get to a perfect translation - that is, German speakers will still have things like "canine" as part of file names, even when the on-screen names are "Hund".

No, its the recent change I made in the mod. I am going to revert it. It seemed like a good change (using the creature name coming from the actual SexLab controller thread instead of interrogating the tags on the animation), but it was not. I guess we are probably never going to get to a perfect translation - that is, German speakers will still have things like "canine" as part of file names, even when the on-screen names are "Hund".

Try it now

Well, it was worth a try. Its still beta :)

First the log from the stage 1 thing.

2 Rounds testet.

first without stage 1 checked,

second with stage 1 checked (yes I know, but just for the test)

testet with 20140930 Apropos

Sexlab starts with foreplay. all fine so far. Then it ends the foreplay and startet the sex act. No massage here at the beginning.

And yes, Bolgeir's name displayed correct ingame ;)

Try it now

On it!

Will Apropos be compatible with Radiant Prostitution other than following below installation and recompiled sources?

This dependence on JContainers complicates things? Author of Radiant Prostitution needs to bring his mod up to JContainers 3v.x to make both mods compatible?

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24450-radiantprostitution-tweaked/page-112?do=findComment&comment=902316

1)Apropos_Beta_2014_06_18.1

2)Radiant Prostitution Tweaked 1.08b loose

3)Apropos Beta 2014 06 18 - recompiled sources

4) Radiant Prostitution Tweaked 1.08b - recompiled sources

Will Apropos be compatible with Radiant Prostitution other than following below installation and recompiled sources?

This dependence on JContainers complicates things? Author of Radiant Prostitution needs to bring his mod up to JContainers 3v.x to make both mods compatible?

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24450-radiantprostitution-tweaked/page-112?do=findComment&comment=902316

Nepro,

I'm not sure if you are proposing a load or install ORDER here or four alternatives.

Creature is missing again...

@Nepro:

Didn't test it, but this should do the trick:

1. RP recompiled

2. JContainers. (dont know which version is bundled in RP

3. Apropos actual version

4. fun

@Gooser: Does SL this just handle like an animation switch? Would explane why he wants to load stage 1 (which not exist) and not the starting massage.

Would it be possible to just change the starting massage to an stage 1 massage. So dont use starting at all. Or would this cause problems?

Nepro,

If you are proposing an installation of the four steps above, i would stay that is BAD idea. You should just grab the latest release of Apropos not that old version from June. It is compiled against JC 3.0+. You should install Apropos after the recompiled RP from the link you provided. The version of RP in that link contains (i.e. bundles) JC 3.0+ which is compatible with the current version of Apropos. Apropos (current) no longer bundles or includes JC, so you either independently install JC from LL, or rely on the RP install to do that for you.

Ah! so the description at the start of an animation you get ever isnt actually an Stage 1 description?

Yeah, so that would really causing spam.

So it is normal that you dont get a massage when SL ends the foreplay and starts with the first stage of the sex animation.

Was a bit confusing, when you are done with foreplay, the animation (lets say vaginal) starts and nothing appears for the first stage. No massage for penetration after foreplay ^^

Going to test the update. Really fast. Good work :)

I know why it's doing that. Because SexLab with Foreplay turned on counts the entire thing as a single sex scene. Rather than treating it as two queued up sex scenes, it treats it as a single one, and therefore only has 1 'start' and 1 'orgasm'. One of the main reasons I leave this option in SexLab off.

One fix would be simply to switch stage 1 on and rename all the 'start' messages as stage 1 messages, leaving the start messages blank instead. Once the display is fixed, could start to use both, start for penetration and stage 1 for describing the animation.

There are actually some animations that have a startup. Zyn Rough Standing has a brief fingering part, Spriggan CG has the monster leap on the player, and a few of the rape animations have brief restraint animations. I'm hesitant to reference them in messages, since they don't always trigger, seems to be mod dependant.

Okay, F/M worked.

Also did test the dog to see if the fix works.

Well, its now complete broken ^^ No Animation gets a massage. (okay did test Dayelyte's)

(animation=CanineDoggystyle,creature=Hund,isPrimaryActorVictim=False,activeActor=Meeko,primaryFemaleActor=Juley,effectiveVoice=1st Person,isOrgasm=TRUE,displayVirginityLost=False)

[10/03/2014 - 10:37:06PM] Could not find or read file 'Data/Apropos/db/FemaleActor_Hund/FemaleActor_Hund_Vaginal_Orgasm.txt'

Going back to pre version to see if something else is causing that.

On it. 

Ok, I've fixed another bug with the last build (which was a reversion from a previous code idea). Ugh Fridays.

This one was keeping the creature type from being interpreted correctly and causing the file name lookup to fail.

aah! Was waiting for this so I can test it quick for you :)

Aaaand its working! Good job!

Yes those Fridays ^^ Not as bad as Mondays but close :D

One fix would be simply to switch stage 1 on and rename all the 'start' messages as stage 1 messages, leaving the start messages blank instead. Once the display is fixed, could start to use both, start for penetration and stage 1 for describing the animation.

Yeah, would suggest that, too. I dont see any backside on this so far. If the first massage comes from an "start"-db or "stage 1"- db shouldn't make any difference. Just that we can can get an stage 1 massage for an forplay->act switch without floating the top left corner ^^

I'm getting problems with creatures as well. Using your 10/3 build:

[10/03/2014 - 10:02:26PM] AproposDescriptionDb.RetrieveDescription(animation=HorseDoggystyle,subjectPrefix=femaleActor,partner=,isActorVictim=TRUE,isOrgasm=False,sexPart=Vaginal,narrativeVoice=2nd Person)
[10/03/2014 - 10:02:26PM] animation HorseDoggystyle is listed as unique
[10/03/2014 - 10:02:26PM] Could not find or read file 'Data/Apropos/db/femaleActor_/femaleActor__Vaginal_Rape.txt'

Seems like it doesn't know who or what the sex partner is.

Did you modify anything under Apropos\db ?

No. I just realized I have the 10_3_2 build. Just downloaded 10_3_3.

Gimme a sec to check that out.

Edit: That did it. Sorry. I saw everyone talking about the 10_3 build and I didn't realize you had uploaded another build.

Love this mod. I actually have modified some of the text files under an earlier version.

5 stars from me. :)

Did you modify anything under Apropos\db ?

No. I just realized I have the 10_3_2 build. Just downloaded 10_3_3.

Gimme a sec to check that out.

Edit: That did it. Sorry. I saw everyone talking about the 10_3 build and I didn't realize you had uploaded another build.

Love this mod. I actually have modified some of the text files under an earlier version.

5 stars from me. :)

Cool. Thanks. Yeah, good for you on your customizations. The reason I asked is that I just found a very minor bug in the log output ("animation HorseDoggystyle is listed as unique" is spurious) but nothing affecting gameplay.

I agree that changing the start stages to Stage 1's would be better. It would make no difference to normal use, but would grant normal use to players using SexLab's 'foreplay' option.

Gooser should make the call though, if I simply change the file names and he overwrites the db, we'd end up with both start and stage 1, resulting in double messages. He may even have a simpler coding solution.

So I've installed the latest version and my MCM menu comes up blank. It registers that Apropos is there but there's nothing in the menu. I originally had the 06 version installed and since that one didn't come with an uninstall method I simple took it out and installed 10. The only problem was that there was no messages being rendered upon the act. So I hit uninstall on that version, made a clean save, uninstalled it from NMM, made another save, reinstalled it, and now I'm having this problem.

Any ideas, or should I try uninstalling again?

So I've installed the latest version and my MCM menu comes up blank. It registers that Apropos is there but there's nothing in the menu. I originally had the 06 version installed and since that one didn't come with an uninstall method I simple took it out and installed 10. The only problem was that there was no messages being rendered upon the act. So I hit uninstall on that version, made a clean save, uninstalled it from NMM, made another save, reinstalled it, and now I'm having this problem.

Any ideas, or should I try uninstalling again?

Same thing for me, I even cleaned the save, but the MCM menu shows up blank.

1. There's also extended install steps in the OP when coming from a June release.

2. Did you install JContainers? http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/563-jcontainers/

2. Are you using Radiant Prostitution?

Radiant Prostitution, which also bundles JContainers might conflict. Any other mod that uses JContainers, but at a different API version (e.g. 0.67 vs 3.x)

* See a recompiled version of RP made by user LordEscobar666: http://www.loverslab...112#entry902316

If in you install the recompiled RP from the link above, you do not have to download JContainers 3.xx manually, because it includes it. If you are not using RP then you will need to install JContainers manually.