Have dance animations been discussed or concidered for Apropos? Specifically for SexLab TDF Prostitution and Pimping dance animations. Thoughts of the PC during dancing, wear & tear and thoughts of the NPC about the PC. A quick note when the words appear in the upper corner the last words show first then cascade to the first words, it's difficult to catch the full statement. Are my settings wrong or is this a Skyrim thing: "I will not cooperate!" :) Apropos works seemless and is well thought out.

Have dance animations been discussed or concidered for Apropos? Specifically for SexLab TDF Prostitution and Pimping dance animations. Thoughts of the PC during dancing, wear & tear and thoughts of the NPC about the PC. A quick note when the words appear in the upper corner the last words show first then cascade to the first words, it's difficult to catch the full statement. Are my settings wrong or is this a Skyrim thing: "I will not cooperate!" :) Apropos works seemless and is well thought out.

Same for me, I´m never able to get the whole message onscreen if it´s split up in 3 (or more) segments because in my game the last words have vanished from screen before the first ones appear.

So I have to openup console to read the whole message.

Made me disable the "splitup messages" option completely.

(if the message is short enough I can read it onscreen anyway, if it´s too long and therefore scaled down too much, it would have been broken up in too many segments anyway so I have to read it in console)

Very minor flaw for me though, the rest of the mod works perfect in my game and I can´t imagine playing Skyrim without it ever again ! :)

Ah, so I guess part of my problem was that I thought JContainers was still bundled with the Mod itself like the earlier versions. That'll teach me for skimming some parts of the description. I did follow the long installation method mentioned however, and I don't use RP simply for the fact that it doesn't mesh well with Apropos. Of the two, I much prefer this one!

Anyway, installed JContainers using NMM and nothing has changed. Still blank menu screen. Thinking of uninstalling/reinstalling it again.

Any suggestions?

I reinstalled jcontainers as well, and still got the blank menu, so I uninstalled apropos and went through the save again with the cleaner, taking out all apropos scripts by hand instead of letting it automate things, and after that the menu started working.

Stupid Bethesda logic -.-

After I encoded the core files to utf-8 I've got some actions like "Öffnen" (germ. for open) displayed as "Öffnen". The door next to it was normal.

Discovered, that this is related to mods that edit this door. After I encoded this mod too, it worked.

Seems like Skyrim switched internal to utf8 and cant understand the umlauts in western after that.

updated my to-do post.

I agree that changing the start stages to Stage 1's would be better. It would make no difference to normal use, but would grant normal use to players using SexLab's 'foreplay' option.

Gooser should make the call though, if I simply change the file names and he overwrites the db, we'd end up with both start and stage 1, resulting in double messages. He may even have a simpler coding solution.

Agree.

We don't really use stage 1 anyway so far. So it should make no difference if we use the "start" as stage 1

We just shouldn't let them run both.

You can just make a new file for the start massage and let it empty. This should avoid double massages at overwrite I think.

Same problem as the guy above...MCM appears but is blank...no option, tryed making two new characters, made a lot of clean saves and still nothing, my problem started today with the update of sexlab...trying to get the log thing, but don't know how to do it xD, ill read the main post to see how to.

Still got blank MCM even I made clean save, and start game from save without apropos.esp...

I get this too. Its part of the process of clean saving. In the list of steps, I sometimes see the blank MCM (if I bother to even check it) during the stage highlighted in blue.

In the MCM panel for Apropos click "Uninstall mod" under the General tab. Wait a few moments then exit MCM.

- Make a clean save in Skyrim. Exit.

- Uninstall your current version of Apropos. Make sure to remove any Data/Scripts/Source/Apropos*.psc and Data/Scripts/Apropos*.pex files just in case.

- Reload game save, dismiss warning about missing objects. Wait a few minutes, perform save again. Exit

- Reload game save, wait a few minutes, perform save again. Exit

- (optional) Use Savegame Script Scalpel: http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/53045/? or savetool.

-Install new version of Apropos.

-Reload game save. You should see message about Apropos upgrading to version 201409xx. View MCM panel for Apropos and exit immediately.

-Wait until you see a message about new MCM menu being registered.

-Go into Apropos MCM panel and click "REFRESH" under Message Preferences.

-Make a clean save.

Blank MCM menu, just like the posts above. Followed the update instructions, cleaned save with script scalpel, but only the picture in mcm menu. i then tried to go back to former instal of apropos, but that also did't work.

Any idea? I would realy like to use it again. Or do i have to consider this a dead mod? Please, someone...

ps. i waited 20 minutes after evry step

Again, people, if you are coming from a June release of Apropos, remember you MUST install JContainers

http://www.loverslab...63-jcontainers/

If you are using Radiant Prostitution, make sure you install the version that has been recompiled for JContainers 3.0+ or you will have conflicts!

The version of RP recompiled with JContainers 3.0+ is located herehttp://www.loverslab.com/topic/24450-radiantprostitution-tweaked/page-112?do=findComment&comment=902316

If you DO install this version of RP, then a separate install of JContainers for Apropos is NOT necessary because this version of RP INCLUDES it.

thanx for the quick answer

1: jcontainers are installed

2: no radiant prostitution installed, but TDF prostitution and a lot of other sexlab plugins

3: i try to make this papayrus log, but i havent used it so for , will take me some time to figure it out

That would be essential to determine your problem. Over two thousand downloads of Apropos have occurred since the first September release, and only a small handful have reported problems. So I would hardly call this a dead mod.

thanx for the quick answer

1: jcontainers are installed

2: no radiant prostitution installed, but TDF prostitution and a lot of other sexlab plugins

3: i try to make this papayrus log, but i havent used it so for , will take me some time to figure it out

That would be essential to determine your problem. Over two thousand downloads of Apropos have occurred since the first September release, and only a small handful have reported problems. So I would hardly call this a dead mod.

Also, I would highly recommend trying a new character to see if that functions properly. If you have issues running Apropos with a new save, then you other issues besides upgrading an old game save.

Just added this to the OP, under upgrade process:

Note: before attempting to upgrade a game save, I highly recommend creating a new character first, as a test. If you can successfully use Apropos with a new character, that can rule out issues that might show up during an upgrade attempt that can muddy the picture. If you have issues with Apropos with a new character test, that can indicate missing dependencies, e.g. JContainers, install issues, or mod incompatibilities.

Juhu! Followed your advise and finally it starts working! Thanx a lot!!!! :shy:

As you mentioned it was a realy good idea to create papyrus logs and read them. It came out that I installed a version of jcontainers that somehow conflicted. So i installed the correct version, followed your installation guide, waited after every step.

And, by the way, thank you for heading me to papyrus. This seems to be a great help, also for a lot of other mod issues.

So, I guess it's my turn to state that this mod is far from being dead  :angel: . It's living quite well: Having a question I received a functionally answer from contributor within a few minutes.

I allready voted five stars, but I would do it again!

And I realy like the new dialogue lines!

One time awhile back when I had a much earlier version of Apropos I had the problem many people are describing here with the blank MCM. At the time the problem was that I had an older version of SKSE than what was listed in the requirements for Apropos. Once I updated the mod requirements it worked flawlessly.  

Ok I played around testing stuff a bit yesterday and installed this. Everything seemed to work just fine I didn't run into any problems.

But, isn't there just always. Anyways I noticed two things that stood out to me, I put them in spoiler tag below.

If you choose the option to have the dialogue broke up in lines it posts them in reverse order. Here is a example of what I mean, it shows up in three stages.

(first message that appears is this)

of her, and begins pounding her.

(a second or two later this shows, up pushing the line above down, so it looks like this)

the bandit forces his dick inside

(finally another second or two passes and the final lines shows up, pushing the first two lines down)

Despite Koschka's swollen pussy

Now the last one in theory is all well and good, the problem is by the time the third line shows up a second or so later the first line aka the bottom line disappears which makes it all but impossible to read them.

Adding the length from 70 to 100 characters helped but didn't completely fix the issue. I suppose there is no way to reverse the way the message show up in order?

This is not a big deal but it was something I noticed. The other thing and this is a bit of a bigger deal, there is no debuff's from wear and tear. By that I mean it might be applying them but they are not showing up as debuffs in the magic effects window. It would be nice if they showed up and showed their current effects.

Ok I played around testing stuff a bit yesterday and installed this. Everything seemed to work just fine I didn't run into any problems.

But, isn't there just always. Anyways I noticed two things that stood out to me, I put them in spoiler tag below.

If you choose the option to have the dialogue broke up in lines it posts them in reverse order. Here is a example of what I mean, it shows up in three stages.

(a second or two later this shows, up pushing the line above down, so it looks like this)

(finally another second or two passes and the final lines shows up, pushing the first two lines down)

Now the last one in theory is all well and good, the problem is by the time the third line shows up a second or so later the first line aka the bottom line disappears which makes it all but impossible to read them.

Adding the length from 70 to 100 characters helped but didn't completely fix the issue. I suppose there is no way to reverse the way the message show up in order?

This is not a big deal but it was something I noticed. The other thing and this is a bit of a bigger deal, there is no debuff's from wear and tear. By that I mean it might be applying them but they are not showing up as debuffs in the magic effects window. It would be nice if they showed up and showed their current effects.

Interesting and thanks for the feedback. Your comments about the segmentation ordering is well taken and has been observed countless times. It is acting as designed. Within the constraints of Debug.Notification, a mod doesn't have control how long the messages stay on the notification area. It's even possible for messages to be overwritten so quickly by other mods' output that you don't even see Apropos output. The sequencing is the way it is on purpose, because the segments scroll (top to bottom) and fade independently the only solution arrived is to sequence them in the way you have observed. 

Fortunately there is a replacement coming - a custom MCM text widget, completely separate from Debug.Notification. The way it looks currently it will be possible to have more than one on the screen concurrently to support the possibility of more than one description occurring at a time.

Regarding the effects - this is interesting, because I created a brand new character and exercised it to level 12 and consistently saw the debuffs appear in the Magic Active Effects tab in Skyrim. Are  you sure you got up to level 5 at least in your W&T levels?

Interesting and thanks for the feedback. Your comments about the segmentation ordering is well taken and has been observed countless times. It is acting as designed. Within the constraints of Debug.Notification, a mod doesn't have control how long the messages stay on the notification area. It's even possible for messages to be overwritten so quickly by other mods' output that you don't even see Apropos output. The sequencing is the way it is on purpose, because the segments scroll (top to bottom) and fade independently the only solution arrived is to sequence them in the way you have observed. 

Fortunately there is a replacement coming - a custom MCM text widget, completely separate from Debug.Notification. The way it looks currently it will be possible to have more than one on the screen concurrently to support the possibility of more than one description occurring at a time.

Regarding the effects - this is interesting, because I created a brand new character and exercised it to level 12 and consistently saw the debuffs appear in the Magic Active Effects tab in Skyrim. Are  you sure you got up to level 5 at least in your W&T levels?

That cool a new way to display the text is coming.

As for the debuffs, no I got to level 4. In the OP it list level 4 as the first level to have some debuffs, so I expected that is when the debuff would start showing up. But you are saying it starts at level 5? So is the OP levels wrong or in game does level 0 actually count as level 1, so when I saw it saying level 4 it actually meant level 3 as far as the OP is?