Is there a bigger list of known incompatible mods with Apropos? Asking because at seemingly random times Aprosos stops working during normal gameplay, never to work again after without clean save/installing the mod every time that happens. There is no error codes or anything, Apropos just silently ceases to function after prolonged period of play and I've yet to find the culprit.

53 minutes ago, kiesu said:

Is there a bigger list of known incompatible mods with Apropos? Asking because at seemingly random times Aprosos stops working during normal gameplay, never to work again after without clean save/installing the mod every time that happens. There is no error codes or anything, Apropos just silently ceases to function after prolonged period of play and I've yet to find the culprit.

How many mods to you have  installed?

Sounds like stack dumping to me.

Have you looked at the papyrus0.log ?

It looks like:

[07/31/2013 - 07:14:54PM] Dumping stack 2608002:
[07/31/2013 - 07:14:54PM]     Frame count: 0 (Page count: 0)
[07/31/2013 - 07:14:54PM]     State: Waiting on other stack for call (Freeze state: Freezing)
[07/31/2013 - 07:14:54PM]     Type: Normal
[07/31/2013 - 07:14:54PM]     Return register: None
[07/31/2013 - 07:14:54PM]     Has stack callback: No
[07/31/2013 - 07:14:54PM]     Stack trace:
[07/31/2013 - 07:14:54PM]         [ (0005A6CA)].dragonactorscript.OnLoad() - (requested call)
[07/31/2013 - 07:14:54PM] Dumping stack 2605590:
[07/31/2013 - 07:14:54PM]     Frame count: 1 (Page count: 1)
[07/31/2013 - 07:14:54PM]     State: Running (Freeze state: Freezing)
[07/31/2013 - 07:14:54PM]     Type: Normal
[07/31/2013 - 07:14:54PM]     Return register: True
[07/31/2013 - 07:14:54PM]     Has stack callback: No
[07/31/2013 - 07:14:54PM]     Stack trace:
[07/31/2013 - 07:14:54PM]         [ (0005A6CA)].dragonactorscript.OnLoad() - "dragonActorSCRIPT.psc" Line 99
[07/31/2013 - 07:14:54PM]             IP: 374    Instruction: 10    Line: 99
[07/31/2013 - 07:14:54PM]             [::temp4]: False
[07/31/2013 - 07:14:54PM]             [::temp6]: [dragonactorscript < (0005A6CA)>]
[07/31/2013 - 07:14:54PM]             [::temp5]: False
[07/31/2013 - 07:14:54PM]             [::NoneVar]: None

That basically means scripts don't have time to run and calls will be skipped.

I'll have to check papyrus again next time Apropos calls it quits, right now its working on fresh install.

I got about 160 mods, which shouldn't be terribly much... Though, good amount of them are script heavy.

Since Apropos works fine at start I'm assuming it's some other mod that craps on it after a while, I'm just having a bad time trying to to find which one it is since it takes a good while of play before Apropos finally quits it's dayjob again : P

3 hours ago, gooser said:

Found it. JContainers uses a particular Json validator and it apparently does not support the German Eszett (ß) (unicode 0xdf) character. The first one is found on line 3.

I have no idea why and there's nothing that can be done I think. 

image.png

Okay. Solved this problem. I just copy-pasted line-by-line from edited file to original one, and validator found no errors. Got it.

6 hours ago, kiesu said:

I'll have to check papyrus again next time Apropos calls it quits, right now its working on fresh install.

The only bit of text Apropos displayed  before it stopped functioning was this, which isn't much to go on. Nothing else ?

Spoiler

[alias AproposActorAlias00 on quest AproposQuest (AC000D62)].aproposactoralias.Track() - "AproposActorAlias.psc" Line ?
	[AproposQuest (AC000D62)].apropos.TrackActor() - "Apropos.psc" Line 518
	[AproposQuest (AC000D62)].apropos.GetTrackedActorOrStartTracking() - "Apropos.psc" Line 395
	[AproposQuest (AC000D62)].apropos.UpdateWearTearEffectsAndAbuseTextures() - "Apropos.psc" Line 400
	[AproposQuest (AC000D62)].aproposdescriptions.DisplayOrgasmStartMessage() - "AproposDescriptions.psc" Line 1684
	[AproposQuest (AC000D62)].apropos.OrgasmStart() - "Apropos.psc" Line 201
[08/23/2018 - 10:01:24PM]

Re-opening the game and save after apropos stops functioning won't display any new lines on a new log either. Enabling and pressing the widget "test" button displays a bunch of text on screen still as it should, but descriptions during scenes don't play and abuse tracking stops. Mystery.

17 hours ago, kiesu said:

The only bit of text Apropos displayed  before it stopped functioning was this, which isn't much to go on. Nothing else ?

Reveal hidden contents

Re-opening the game and save after apropos stops functioning won't display any new lines on a new log either. Enabling and pressing the widget "test" button displays a bunch of text on screen still as it should, but descriptions during scenes don't play and abuse tracking stops. Mystery.

Yeah it is weird. Btw, I see those errors all the time with a functioning Apropos. I've never been able to track them down.

Maybe you could post here your entire Papyrus0.log and Apropos0.log files?

5 hours ago, Jadow771 said:

Hi im attempting to edit the weights for the message themes section of the MCM page but when I click the numbers nothing happens , what could i be doing wrong? 

Not editable in MCM.  Edit Themes.txt and click [Refresh] in MCM after restarting the game.

Question! Because I'm not sure if this is intended or not, a bug, or a mod conflict on my part:

I was playing around with SexLab settings while playing with Apropos and made an observation, that if you flip your gender to Male in SexLab animation settings, Apropos stops functioning either immediately (meaning w&t tracking and animation descriptions), or after a little while of play. When I flip it back to Female Apropos continues to work normally (I flipped back to female mid animation when descriptions weren't playing and BAM they started running, tried this a couple times on different saves worked every time).

Is apropos supposed to work only if player gender is set to female? If yes it's a bummer for futa stuff.

2 hours ago, kiesu said:

Question! Because I'm not sure if this is intended or not, a bug, or a mod conflict on my part:

I was playing around with SexLab settings while playing with Apropos and made an observation, that if you flip your gender to Male in SexLab animation settings, Apropos stops functioning either immediately (meaning w&t tracking and animation descriptions), or after a little while of play. When I flip it back to Female Apropos continues to work normally (I flipped back to female mid animation when descriptions weren't playing and BAM they started running, tried this a couple times on different saves worked every time).

Is apropos supposed to work only if player gender is set to female? If yes it's a bummer for futa stuff.

In its current form, yes.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2018 at 12:06 PM, kiesu said:

I play both male and female characters. I use the 3rd person descriptors with my own rewritten synonyms and descriptions and apropos works fine for both genders except for masturbation, which apropos prints as female even if it's a male character, and W&T, which only works on female characters.

Here's my apropos database, if anyone's interested (keep in mind I've only edited the 3rd person descriptions, cos that what I use).

db.7z

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how hard it would be to add calls for SL expressions to calls for slavetats.  I'm thinking along the lines of applying mood_sad 20 with Tears_1, mood_sad 40 for Tears_2, etc. all the way to mood_sad 100 for Sob_2.  It would be a nice immersive touch, no?  A bit strange to see all that weeping with a neutral expression.

5 hours ago, Seeker88 said:

I wonder how hard it would be to add calls for SL expressions to calls for slavetats.  I'm thinking along the lines of applying mood_sad 20 with Tears_1, mood_sad 40 for Tears_2, etc. all the way to mood_sad 100 for Sob_2.  It would be a nice immersive touch, no?  A bit strange to see all that weeping with a neutral expression.

Are you talking about the base expression capabilities in SexLab, or one of the related expression mod lurkinig about?

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, DeltaD36 said:

Hello! I seem to be having some trouble with this mod. 

All the dialog shows up correctly and at correct times, however names referring to tags like Names of character, NPC, dicks, etc do not seem to show up.

Any idea on this issue? 

DId you modify anything?

8 hours ago, Nell10 said:

I'm having the same problem as DeltaD36, in my case I haven't touched a thing

If you haven't modified anything, the only thing I can think of is that the version of JContainers you are using is not compatible. 

Or you could post both your Papyrus0.log and Apropos0.log files.

NOTICE: IF YOU HAVE ISSUES WITH APROPOS THE EASIEST WAY TO START THE DIAGNOSIS IS TO POST LOG FILES AFTER ENABLING PAPYRUS LOGGING AND ENABLING DEBUG & TRACE IN APROPOS MCM and POSTING THE PAPRYUS0.LOG and APROPOS0.LOG file.

See the OP on details.

4 hours ago, ayylmao14 said:

Is there any way to edit WearAndTear_Damage.txt to have health or stamina damage for W&T levels? Like if you have a high level of W&T you take damage of -5 health/stamina per second? I don't mean reduced health/stamina regen, but actual health damage/drain

Would require a bit of change to code. 

Ok, first issue in a long time I haven't been able to solve on my own with this:

I'm not getting Oral descriptions for Canines/Dogs with typical default human race female on any animations (Still get all others for dogs).  All other creatures ive tested have no problems.

I HAVE modified lots of things (synonyms, descriptions, themes - but not scripts or the .esp) but I have no issues that I can detect save this one.  I've checked the .json files for the descriptions for canine/dog/wolf and they have no errors.  (ran through .json checker as well as pass Apropos Edit's checks).  Also checked my synonyms for errors and it checks good.

The animations I'm using are Billyy's and whatever comes in MNC, and I haven't edited their .json control files at all (besides the rest of the anims in the pack work with apropos)

The Apropos log isn't giving me a "failed to find appropriate description file" error.  It sees the animation and the tags and sees that the descriptions are there - it just won't display them.  

edit: tested with a fresh, unmodified version of latest release of Apropos as well and messages for Female Actor / Canine > Oral don't appear.

Is it possible maybe the mod isn't currently setup to look for Canine Oral descriptions by default in this version?