14 hours ago, shencereys said:

Ok, first issue in a long time I haven't been able to solve on my own with this:

I'm not getting Oral descriptions for Canines/Dogs with typical default human race female on any animations (Still get all others for dogs).  All other creatures ive tested have no problems.

I HAVE modified lots of things (synonyms, descriptions, themes - but not scripts or the .esp) but I have no issues that I can detect save this one.  I've checked the .json files for the descriptions for canine/dog/wolf and they have no errors.  (ran through .json checker as well as pass Apropos Edit's checks).  Also checked my synonyms for errors and it checks good.

The animations I'm using are Billyy's and whatever comes in MNC, and I haven't edited their .json control files at all (besides the rest of the anims in the pack work with apropos)

The Apropos log isn't giving me a "failed to find appropriate description file" error.  It sees the animation and the tags and sees that the descriptions are there - it just won't display them.  

edit: tested with a fresh, unmodified version of latest release of Apropos as well and messages for Female Actor / Canine > Oral don't appear.

Is it possible maybe the mod isn't currently setup to look for Canine Oral descriptions by default in this version?

Working fine here. Ran several animations - Billyy's,  MNC  - tagged with Oral and Dog/Canine. No problems at all.

20181010135050_1.jpg

20181010135058_1.jpg

20181010135200_1.jpg

20181010135339_1.jpg

I was looking at the tags on some of the animations - and they have both Wolf and Dog/Canine, which is unfortunate.

'MNC (Canine) LeitoCanineBJ' ('MNCleitoCaninebj') (Oral,Blowjob,Canine,Dog,wolf,Bestiality,Leito,MNC,FC,CF)
'Billyy (Canine) FaceFuck' ('B_Canine_BillyyFaceFuck') (Oral,Rough,Dirty,CF,Bestiality,wolf,Canine,Dog,Creature,Billyy,FC)

That *might* be an issue. Best case is to add some remove instructions to patchups for those anims.

17 minutes ago, gooser said:

I was looking at the tags on some of the animations - and they have both Wolf and Dog/Canine, which is unfortunate.

'MNC (Canine) LeitoCanineBJ' ('MNCleitoCaninebj') (Oral,Blowjob,Canine,Dog,wolf,Bestiality,Leito,MNC,FC,CF)
'Billyy (Canine) FaceFuck' ('B_Canine_BillyyFaceFuck') (Oral,Rough,Dirty,CF,Bestiality,wolf,Canine,Dog,Creature,Billyy,FC)

That *might* be an issue. Best case is to add some remove instructions to patchups for those anims.

Thanks gooser!  I'll  try that.

3 hours ago, shencereys said:

Thanks gooser!  I'll  try that.

Yeah, the the code is written, If I see "wolf" as a tag, I resolve to that creatureType; otherwise I keep searching ... Canine is afterward. SO any animation tagged with both is going to trigger a Wolf description lookup, not a Dog/Canine.

The solution is to get Billyy to remove "Wolf" as a tag from Dog animations (and other animators), and in the mean time, just use patchups.

1 hour ago, gooser said:

Yeah, the the code is written, If I see "wolf" as a tag, I resolve to that creatureType; otherwise I keep searching ... Canine is afterward. SO any animation tagged with both is going to trigger a Wolf description lookup, not a Dog/Canine.

The solution is to get Billyy to remove "Wolf" as a tag from Dog animations (and other animators), and in the mean time, just use patchups.

Great success!

I just copied the description files for oral from canine over to wolf (which had no files for oral) and renamed them hoping the script heuristic enough to know what to do with them.  Tested it and is working properly.

Probably not ideal workaround if somebody really wants different wolf and canine descriptions, but well that's not me.  This'll do.  Thanks for the explanation on the logic!

New to this, tho.

So, I'm having this weird issue where the name of my character and the NPC's name are missing, they simply don't appear in the dialogue.
For example, in FemaleActor_ArrokCowgirl or any other text file, there might be a {PRIMARY} or a {ACTIVE}, which correspond to the names of either an NPC or my own character, nonetheless, these names don't appear, and I don't know what to do.

Please help!

12 minutes ago, Allon Mór said:

New to this, tho.

So, I'm having this weird issue where the name of my character and the NPC's name are missing, they simply don't appear in the dialogue.
For example, in FemaleActor_ArrokCowgirl or any other text file, there might be a {PRIMARY} or a {ACTIVE}, which correspond to the names of either an NPC or my own character, nonetheless, these names don't appear, and I don't know what to do.

Please help!

I'll try to help if I can, not certain of cause yet but I have suspicions.  2 preliminary Questions.

Have you downloaded someone else's edits or modified the description files yourself?

Is this every animation or just a few?

29 minutes ago, shencereys said:

I'll try to help if I can, not certain of cause yet but I have suspicions.  2 preliminary Questions.

Have you downloaded someone else's edits or modified the description files yourself?

No, I haven't downloaded someone else's edits or modified any description.

Secondly, yes, every animation, even NPC with NPC.

1 hour ago, Allon Mór said:

New to this, tho.

Please help!

1 hour ago, shencereys said:

1 hour ago, Allon Mór said:

No, I haven't downloaded someone else's edits or modified any description.

Secondly, yes, every animation, even NPC with NPC.

Ok then, the only suggestion I'm qualified to offer is to double check your prerequisites (jcontainers, etc) and check for known conflicts on the mod page.  As what's causing it isn't something I'm familiar with.  Someone else will have to help out with this one.  Sorry I don't know how to help. ?

9 hours ago, shencereys said:

Ok then, the only suggestion I'm qualified to offer is to double check your prerequisites (jcontainers, etc) and check for known conflicts on the mod page.  As what's causing it isn't something I'm familiar with.  Someone else will have to help out with this one.  Sorry I don't know how to help. ?

The best way to diagnose is actually produce some log files.

11 hours ago, Allon Mór said:

New to this, tho.

Please help!

NOTICE: IF YOU HAVE ISSUES WITH APROPOS THE EASIEST WAY TO START THE DIAGNOSIS IS TO POST LOG FILES AFTER ENABLING PAPYRUS LOGGING AND ENABLING DEBUG & TRACE IN APROPOS MCM and POSTING THE PAPRYUS0.LOG and APROPOS0.LOG file.

2 hours ago, gooser said:

Question:

What is *THE* most important feature you would want to see in a new version of Apropos?

I´d like to have more control about the visual amount of "wear and tear".

Like; changing the damage done by races through mcm, and better difference between consensual and rape sex.

And the possibility to affect the visuals "part by part" on npcs (like it´s possible for player)...

Thanks

1 hour ago, Inessa said:

It seems whenever there is scene triggered by deviously enslaved mod the animation "DDbeltedsolo" plays for me instead and I get a message box saying "with a sigh you realize this is futile". Even when I disable masturbation animations in mcm. Is apropos incompatible with DE? It happens only when wearing a belt.

Actually I think it's any sexlab scene that often does that, not just DE. 

Nothing to do with Apropos. Apropos does not control which animations play. I has nothing to do with DD and is not aware of it, atm. The "futile" message is not from Apropos but DD. Apropos messages are only shown in the Apropos widgets, on the left of the screen.

I've been trying the mod lately with Special Edition and the latest version of JContainers and I haven't run across any issues yet. It looks like it works with standard conversions so long as you recompile AproposConfig.pex with a change to the expected Jcontainers version.

Would you be opposed to me posting the modified script? I'll make it abundantly clear it's not any sort of official port.

59 minutes ago, Next_To_Nothing said:

I've been trying the mod lately with Special Edition and the latest version of JContainers and I haven't run across any issues yet. It looks like it works with standard conversions so long as you recompile AproposConfig.pex with a change to the expected Jcontainers version.

Would you be opposed to me posting the modified script? I'll make it abundantly clear it's not any sort of official port.

If you do go forward with this, might you please make the script's check for versions be for "at least" the minimal version(s) to meet the needed features instead of being whatever happens to be the current specific version?  My thanks if that would be possible.

10 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

If you do go forward with this, might you please make the script's check for versions be for "at least" the minimal version(s) to meet the needed features instead of being whatever happens to be the current specific version?  My thanks if that would be possible.

Per the recommendations of the JContainers author:

;/  Version information.
    It's a good practice to validate installed JContainers version with the following code:
        bool isJCValid = JContainers.APIVersion() == AV && JContainers.featureVersion() >= FV
    where AV and FV are hardcoded API and feature version numbers.
    Current API version is 3
    Current feature version is 2
/;

It is possible that a future version of JC would be incompatible with Apropos, that is why I'm currently checking to see if the API Version == 3 (not >= 3) and the feature Version is >= 0. 

10 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

Considering I have completely changed the code, I don't think this is good timing.

1 hour ago, gooser said:

Considering I have completely changed the code, I don't think this is good timing.

I'm not running the lastest version of SKSE64 and the game EXE because I have a stable setup that doesn't *need* the recent releases just yet (I'm running 2.0.8 + 1.5.50).  I ask this more for for the SSE fix @Next_To_Nothing is proposing to have this capability, though it seems reasonable to me to have as much compatibility as possible to reduce the possible need of future adjustments.  If the code changes you reference require features that aren't present in earlier versions of those dependencies, then that is a hard line that shouldn't be crossed.  It just doesn't seem reasonable to be forced to upgrade the game EXE + SKSE64 + JconainersSE + whatever else when it really isn't actually necessary for the mod to function.  Add a warning, not a total failure to execute, if a future version of a given dependency is higher than what was current at the time the mod was authored.  This way we can at least try to use the mod if we haven't upgraded to the latest and you've done your due diligence to tell the end user they might have issues if they continue.  Add a 1 time debug warning popup, maybe a lingering message in the MCM settings page for the mod, but have everything at least *try* and work.