Can someone please explain how I should be writing down each synonym or name or whatever?

Because I get messages such as "could not find arousal adjective array for {FAROUSAL}" or "could not find synonym array for ..."

And apparently it refuses to put down the actor's names in descriptions despite the fact I changed them from "ACTIVE/PRIMARY" to "ACTIVE/PRIMARY_NAME"

EDIT: Also, stage one never gets any description at all even when I have it checked off...

I downloaded Decauk's files, edited them to my own taste, and they work brilliantly well for the most part. The only slight irritant is that the foreplay messages work perfeclty (come on time) while the main course ones are often a little delayed. But all things considered, Apropos is an astonishing success. Much lookng forward to future developments.

Are you using the current beta version or previous version? For me, the Beta version of Decauk's files tends to miss adjectives, synonyms, or names and never describe the first stage

I'm not sure about the version. I downloaded it on 10 July if that helps. I am using the Beta version of apropos.

I'm not sure if this was already asked, and please forgive me if it was, but is Apropos (maybe in the future), going to include what is being added in More Nasty Creatures? Or the new animations that are coming out? Just curious.

Also, love the idea about Apropos checking Schlong size, would make things interesting!

Can someone please explain how I should be writing down each synonym or name or whatever?

Because I get messages such as "could not find arousal adjective array for {FAROUSAL}" or "could not find synonym array for ..."

And apparently it refuses to put down the actor's names in descriptions despite the fact I changed them from "ACTIVE/PRIMARY" to "ACTIVE/PRIMARY_NAME"

EDIT: Also, stage one never gets any description at all even when I have it checked off...

I downloaded Decauk's files, edited them to my own taste, and they work brilliantly well for the most part. The only slight irritant is that the foreplay messages work perfeclty (come on time) while the main course ones are often a little delayed. But all things considered, Apropos is an astonishing success. Much lookng forward to future developments.

Are you using the current beta version or previous version? For me, the Beta version of Decauk's files tends to miss adjectives, synonyms, or names and never describe the first stage

I'm not sure about the version. I downloaded it on 10 July if that helps. I am using the Beta version of apropos.

I'm using the same version with the Beta version of Apropos

But be it {ACTIVE} or {ACTIVE_NAME} I just can't get the actors' names to appear in the description. Is it supposed to be something else?

If people are using my db file, please be aware that there are two versions of Apropos, and therefore two versions of my db file. If you're using Gooser's Apropos beta, then you need to use my Apropos Custom for Beta file, rather than the normal one. If you're not sure which one you have, check the contents of the .7z file.

The normal one, for regular stable Apropos, will not contain the 'ArousalDescriptors.txt' file, nor will there be any stage files, like 'FemaleActor_Vaginal_Stage2.txt', etc. If you open a file, actor references will be in the format {ACTIVE_NAME} rather than {ACTIVE}.

If you have the Arousal Descriptors file, stage files & {ACTIVE} tags instead of {ACTIVE_NAME}, then you're using the Apropos Beta db.

Now, once you've installed both Apropos & the db file, you need to wait until the MCM for Apropos opens up, then go in and find the 'REFRESH' button, and click it. If you don't, Apropos will continue to attempt to use the original Synonyms file, which will not match, and will result in blank spaces.

There are no invalid files in the current version, and I'm currently using it myself without issue in tests with multiple other mods. I've included a slightly more up-to-date version in this post, which includes a pair of new tag inclusions, {WHORE} & {BITCH}. If you're experiencing any issues with blanks, check the db folder with Earandil's JSON Validation tool, particularly if you have made any edits at all. All it takes is a single errant punctuation mark to render an entire file as void, and if that's the synonyms file, you'll see nothing but blank spaces.

Apropos Custom for Beta 08082014.7z

If people are using my db file, please be aware that there are two versions of Apropos, and therefore two versions of my db file. If you're using Gooser's Apropos beta, then you need to use my Apropos Custom for Beta file, rather than the normal one. If you're not sure which one you have, check the contents of the .7z file.

The normal one, for regular stable Apropos, will not contain the 'ArousalDescriptors.txt' file, nor will there be any stage files, like 'FemaleActor_Vaginal_Stage2.txt', etc. If you open a file, actor references will be in the format {ACTIVE_NAME} rather than {ACTIVE}.

If you have the Arousal Descriptors file, stage files & {ACTIVE} tags instead of {ACTIVE_NAME}, then you're using the Apropos Beta db.

Now, once you've installed both Apropos & the db file, you need to wait until the MCM for Apropos opens up, then go in and find the 'REFRESH' button, and click it. If you don't, Apropos will continue to attempt to use the original Synonyms file, which will not match, and will result in blank spaces.

There are no invalid files in the current version, and I'm currently using it myself without issue in tests with multiple other mods. I've included a slightly more up-to-date version in this post, which includes a pair of new tag inclusions, {WHORE} & {BITCH}. If you're experiencing any issues with blanks, check the db folder with Earandil's JSON Validation tool, particularly if you have made any edits at all. All it takes is a single errant punctuation mark to render an entire file as void, and if that's the synonyms file, you'll see nothing but blank spaces.

I have been using the beta version of Decauk's files, adding my own messages and changing some synonyms. The beta version works very well. The only thing I miss (and it is just not yet available in Apropos) is lesbian messages, but Gooser has those on his to do list.

Recommend waiting on either apropos or Jcontainers 3.0.0.  Same goes for radiant prostitution.  You can make them work by installing 3.0.0 first and then overwriting all the files while installing apropos, but that actually downgrades jcontainers.  so whatever mod you installed that required 3.0.0 won't work properly.  If you do NOT overwrite the files then apropos will not work properly - in my case this meant no messages pop up and if you inspect the MCM: Apropos: Wear and tear actors, the information is nonsensical.

At least that has been my experience since I tried upgrading to jcontainers 3.0.0.

-B

Edit:  Jcontainers 3.0.0 is a requirement for slavetats and a few other mods.  So, at this point, you have to choose. :(

Ran through all of the files with Earandil's JSON validation. Still get blanks for give or take half of the descriptions even though everything is validated

EDIT: Also, I did refresh, but I still get the blanks

At this stage, I would try a clean save followed by a reinstall if you're still having issues. Follow these steps:

• Use whichever mod organiser you use to remove both Apropos and my db file.
  • Load your save game, and then wait until Apropos disappears completely from the MCM menu.
  • Save your game.
  • Reinstall Apropos only, don't install my db file yet.
  • Load your save game, and this time wait around until Apropos appears in the MCM menu. Switch on line breaks at 70/80 characters, and switch to 1st person mode (2nd/3rd not yet fully compatible).
  • Test it with a few sex scenes. I can confirm no issues with Apropos when instigating sex scenes via SexLab itself, Romance, Radiant Prostitution, Defeat, WorkingGirl & Animal Sex. Any issues with blanks may be due to lacking required mods or conflicts with other mods, possibly due to load order.
  • If all works as normal, now install my db file. Overwrite all files when prompted.
  • Load save game again, head into Apropos MCM menu and click Refresh.
  • Test sex scenes again.

If you have any issues, please say at what stage the issues appear. If they happen before my db is even loaded, you'll want to grab an Apropos log and post it here for gooser to take a look at. If the issues only appear after my db file is loaded, then I'm not sure what to say. I'm just a writer, my db file doesn't contain any code or script that could mess up or conflict.

Been checking out the new More Nasty Critters, and it's got some good stuff. I've yet to check out the Spriggan/Atronach stuff, but the latest dog/wolf animations vary enough that they'd benefit from separate files; one starts with cunnilingus and the other is mish. The mish one is also 6 stages then orgasm, like the horse oral animation. Both new ones also count as anal, for some reason.

I'll post complete stage lists once I'm done. Personally, I know I'd much rather write separate files for each different dog/wolf animation due to their differences; whether the dog is the one mounting or not, whether the orgasm stage is a knotting animation or continued thrusting, and whether there's any licking. Thing is, I don't know how much work that would be on the mod's end to actually do, whether it's simply a case of assigning each one its own tag or something more complicated.

Whatever you go with, I'll write stuff for.

I have a suggestion or two.

I suggest enabling it in the MCM menu so that you can set a 'cap' on wear and tear, so that it stops at a certain stage, set the maximum wear/tear limit as it were. To put this in more context, I love how one of the levels is 'well fucked'. That sounds great to me, but was never fond of 'battered'. I do like 'gaping', but well fucked is my favorite. That is not to say change them defaultly, but if there was a setting I could hit so that it stopped at a given stage (like well fucked) and couldn't go past it, that would be awesome.

You used to be able to set certain holes to certain levels, which helped, but that option seems to have evaporated.

I suggest enabling it in the MCM menu so that you can set a 'cap' on wear and tear, so that it stops at a certain stage, set the maximum wear/tear limit as it were. To put this in more context, I love how one of the levels is 'well fucked'. That sounds great to me, but was never fond of 'battered'. I do like 'gaping', but well fucked is my favorite. That is not to say change them defaultly, but if there was a setting I could hit so that it stopped at a given stage (like well fucked) and couldn't go past it, that would be awesome.

You used to be able to set certain holes to certain levels, which helped, but that option seems to have evaporated.

Simply open up the db file in the .7z, open the Wear & Tear descriptors file, and simply change or remove any words you don't like.

Simply open up the db file in the .7z, open the Wear & Tear descriptors file, and simply change or remove any words you don't like.

I always forget how intensely customizable this mod is. Thank you.

Ok, here's an issue.

Apropos can tell whether or not a scene is rape, but doesn't distinguish the aggressor.

So, it uses the same .txt file for MaleActor_Female whether the dude is raping the chick or vice versa. So, a player could either write the file as if the male PC is the aggressor, or the victim, but not both. The same obviously applies to female PCs.

The More Nasty Critters mod is also affected by this in regards to the Spriggan & Flame Atronach. Their sex scenes generally make it look like they're the victims, but that won't stop mods like Defeat that are turned on for PC victims from having these animations kick in when they're the aggressor. I have a few ideas for how to write these files for the monster being the aggressor, though.

The issue I'd like some input on is the MaleActor files though: do the male PC players want the various rape files to represent a male PC who is the aggressor or the victim for females, spriggans and flame atronachs? I'd do files for the female werewolves as well, but frankly I can't be bothered installing and messing around with the prerequisite mod they require. If someone wants to post a full animation list for each of the female werewolf animations, that'd be great.

This is the kind of format I'm after -

Dog/Wolf Panicnew

1 - no penetration, cock occasionally touching pussy, fem moving back & forth, hand on beast's foreleg, other foreleg pushing fem's knee, head over fem's shoulder, mouth at ear

2 - forelegs around hips, pumping into pussy

3 - forelegs now on ground

4 - forelegs on hips again, faster pumping

5 - forelegs on ground again, maintains faster pumping

O - knot, forelegs on ground, no movement, fem's face down, cheek on ground.

This gives me an idea of what kind of thing can be included in a file, and lets me see where animations share aspects. Most of this will not be described in the files if a file is being used by multiple animations (dog/wolf vaginal in this case), but in the event that gooser allows certain animations to use individual files, it means I have what I need to expand those descriptions.

This animation in particular will differ from most dog/wolf vaginal animations in that it's got no penetration in stage 1, and knots rather than continues thrusting. It also has more stages than most dog/wolf animations, so the excess files can be individual even if it shares txt files with other animations.

Seeing something in my console that looks off to me its only present on a older character and only appears during sex scenes. It does appear to be blocking any messages from getting output so I figured id post this. On a new character i'm not seeing this at all and everything works fine I do see the w&t messages still. That save has had some pretty script heavy mods removed and some armor mods but has been cleaned and all files from em were completely removed.

appconsole_zpseed2f7a7.jpg

Seeing something in my console that looks off to me its only present on a older character and only appears during sex scenes. It does appear to be blocking any messages from getting output so I figured id post this. On a new character i'm not seeing this at all and everything works fine I do see the w&t messages still. That save has had some pretty script heavy mods removed and some armor mods but has been cleaned and all files from em were completely removed.

appconsole_zpseed2f7a7.jpg

try refreshing your database in the apropos MCM.

May of discovered the issue and it may be something that gonna make me pick and chose between this or slavetats but since I swapped to rm finally and am happy with it now I could drop slavetats. 

EDIT: Problem solved what it was was jcontaneirs this mod and slavetats its completely incompatible they use different versions of jcontainers.

Ok, here's an issue.

Apropos can tell whether or not a scene is rape, but doesn't distinguish the aggressor.

So, it uses the same .txt file for MaleActor_Female whether the dude is raping the chick or vice versa. So, a player could either write the file as if the male PC is the aggressor, or the victim, but not both. The same obviously applies to female PCs.

The More Nasty Critters mod is also affected by this in regards to the Spriggan & Flame Atronach. Their sex scenes generally make it look like they're the victims, but that won't stop mods like Defeat that are turned on for PC victims from having these animations kick in when they're the aggressor. I have a few ideas for how to write these files for the monster being the aggressor, though.

The issue I'd like some input on is the MaleActor files though: do the male PC players want the various rape files to represent a male PC who is the aggressor or the victim for females, spriggans and flame atronachs? I'd do files for the female werewolves as well, but frankly I can't be bothered installing and messing around with the prerequisite mod they require. If someone wants to post a full animation list for each of the female werewolf animations, that'd be great.

Dog/Wolf Panicnew

1 - no penetration, cock occasionally touching pussy, fem moving back & forth, hand on beast's foreleg, other foreleg pushing fem's knee, head over fem's shoulder, mouth at ear

This gives me an idea of what kind of thing can be included in a file, and lets me see where animations share aspects. Most of this will not be described in the files if a file is being used by multiple animations (dog/wolf vaginal in this case), but in the event that gooser allows certain animations to use individual files, it means I have what I need to expand those descriptions.

This animation in particular will differ from most dog/wolf vaginal animations in that it's got no penetration in stage 1, and knots rather than continues thrusting. It also has more stages than most dog/wolf animations, so the excess files can be individual even if it shares txt files with other animations.

This is very promising. :)

It is a little mood killing to see my male player being treated as the agressor during sex scenes. Is this a limitation of how Apropos treats the male in a scene? If not it would be lovely to see them treated as the recipient.

Ok, here's an issue.

Dog/Wolf Panicnew

This is very promising. :)

It is a little mood killing to see my male player being treated as the agressor during sex scenes. Is this a limitation of how Apropos treats the male in a scene? If not it would be lovely to see them treated as the recipient.

This is the same thing I ran across in putting together the F-F dialog files.  Link  In looking at the M-F scenes there is a similar marker in the apropos log file here's the breakdown:

Consensual straight scenes initiated by either are the same:

Actors >>

[0]: bandit, female

[1]: PC, male

For aggressive straight scenes there is an ending tag of (Victim):

Actors >>

[0]: bandit, female

[1]: PC, male (Victim)

Actors >>

[0]: bandit, female (Victim)

[1]: PC, male

And for aggressive strap-on scenes:

Actors >>

[0]: PC, male (Victim)

[1]: bandit, female

So whoever gets the [0] is on the receiving end of the cock, while whoever gets the (Victim) designation is on the receiving end of the abuse. Only in consensual acts there is no designated initiator.

That's why I split dialogs into two folders depending on who was the initiator/aggressor.  This basically doubled the text files.