Heh, try not to make too many changes to the format for the files, the current db has 408 files by my count! Earendil's validator is a godsend for checking that many files for errors, but hopefully there won't be too many format changes.

Right now I'm making sure I have at least 10 lines for each file, and once I've gotten that (almost there), I'm gonna c/p and duplicate them for 2nd/3rd person. I've removed the voyeur lines for now.

I have lines for stuff that's not actually supported yet, like Rieklings, Rape_Stage, Horse_Oral_Stage6, and FF (unless anyone got that one working?). Even writing MaleActor lines, but the rape ones are kind'a strange to try to come up with. Honestly, I'm not sure what Male PC players are after, whether it's a psycho rapist, a promiscuous player or a loving partner...

Haven't a clue what to do for the Flame Atronach, I can't think of any reason a woman would put a strapon on and fuck a demon that was raping her? Maybe I'm not watching the right hentai.

Also, does anyone have any fluff/background for Seekers and Rieklings? I'd like to keep my lines canon, but even the wiki has little on these things. I don't even know if they can talk.

I don't see any changes in the file format coming any time soon. I think they are pretty stable. 

I would describe sex with Seekers using words like 'tentacles', 'mind rape', 'eldritch', etc. They are servants of Hermaeus Mora and to me always seemed to resemble in some ways the Cthulhu mythos...

Ok, off to look for some Cthulhu rape fiction for ideas.

I toyed with the idea of writing them a {TENTACLE} tag, but I can't think of all that many synonyms. I have about 6, might write it up later.

I might write up a {STRAPON} synonym tag for the FF stuff as well.

Anyway, I found out that they're demons from Hermaeus Mora's realm, but not a lot else, other than that they read. But can they communicate at all? Speech, telepathy? And do they have mental powers? I was never very clear on whether their blasts were mental or magic...

No idea what Rieklings are supposed to be though.

For some reason I can't get the link option to work on this device...

It's in the Non-Adult Mods section, Downloads forum, front page. It's one of the DL options on the JContainers DL page, simply listed as 'json_validator.zip'.

Even if they're not, that tool is an absolute necessity for custom db's now.

Before that, I'd basically been slapping every page into JSONLint to check. That'd take hours now...

Decauk do you have a link for the Earendil's JContainer Validtor mod you mentioned?

Do we have another description author/editor in our midst?

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/563-jcontainers/

(Just drag and drop files or folders on top of the executable)

Yes, maybe, hopefully, I've been working on the FF files using Decauk's custom db as a start.  I do have a question about the {STRAPON} tag, is it picking up the type from the animation? I can't see how putting the list in the "Synonyms" file will get it to match up.  And they should definitely be separated into aggressive & non-aggressive types.  I've also split the db file into two separate file groups, toys or no toys.  Otherwise it just doesn't make sense.

Tags in the Synonyms.txt are not driven by anything other than randomness. Meaning, their placement in a description file tells Apropos to randomly pick one from the list and substitute it. Other tags, like {WTANAL} or {ACTIVE} are driven by things like actor name, or wear tear status. The Synonyms.txt is simply a way of adding immersive randomness in the description generation, nothing more.

Presumably I will have to do some work inside of Apropos, along with a new tag (something like {WORNSTAPON}) to find out (via an API call "WornStrapon") what kind of toy is being used. So I think you are currently limited in that area.

Hope that helps.

On the Horse animation marked as Oral, Apropos appears to be trying to read the FemaleActor_Horse_Oral.txt at every stage even with the ...Oral_Stage(x).txt files in place. 

It's reading the stage files, but telling me it can't find ...Oral.txt at every stage change

Spoiler Stage2

[06/26/2014 - 10:48:32AM] ---- StageStart ---- Stage: 2
[06/26/2014 - 10:48:32AM] Actors >>
[06/26/2014 - 10:48:32AM] 1 Horse
[06/26/2014 - 10:48:34AM]     [0]: Andi, female  <lewd> <enjoyment:19> <pain:40> <arousal:0>
[06/26/2014 - 10:48:35AM]     [1]: Horse, Creature  <enjoyment:23> <pain:38> <arousal:0>
[06/26/2014 - 10:48:35AM] Found AproposActorAlias the represents the actor.
[06/26/2014 - 10:48:37AM] Could not find or read file 'Data/Apropos/db/femaleActor_Horse/femaleActor_Horse_Oral.txt'
[06/26/2014 - 10:48:37AM] TokenNames : {AADJ},{ACTIVE},{ASS},{BADJ},{BOOBS},{COCK},{CUM},{FAROUSAL},{FUCKING},{FUCKS},{FUCK},{MAROUSAL},{MOUTH},{PADJ},{PRIMARY},{PUSSY_JUICE},{PUSSY},{READINESS},{WTORAL}
[06/26/2014 - 10:48:37AM] TokenValues : fine,Horse,asshole,lovely,tits,dick,cum,barren,banging,fucks,screw,lifeless,throat,pink,Andi,cream,snatch,unprepared,virgin
[06/26/2014 - 10:48:37AM] Horse's dick is huge. I wonder...

Spolier Stage3

[06/26/2014 - 10:48:54AM] ---- StageStart ---- Stage: 3
[06/26/2014 - 10:48:54AM] Actors >>
[06/26/2014 - 10:48:54AM] 1 Horse
[06/26/2014 - 10:48:55AM]     [0]: Andi, female  <lewd> <enjoyment:28> <pain:36> <arousal:0>
[06/26/2014 - 10:48:56AM]     [1]: Horse, Creature  <enjoyment:35> <pain:32> <arousal:0>
[06/26/2014 - 10:48:57AM] Found AproposActorAlias the represents the actor.
[06/26/2014 - 10:48:58AM] Could not find or read file 'Data/Apropos/db/femaleActor_Horse/femaleActor_Horse_Oral.txt'
[06/26/2014 - 10:48:58AM] TokenNames : {AADJ},{ACTIVE},{ASS},{BADJ},{BOOBS},{COCK},{CUM},{FAROUSAL},{FUCKING},{FUCKS},{FUCK},{MAROUSAL},{MOUTH},{PADJ},{PRIMARY},{PUSSY_JUICE},{PUSSY},{READINESS},{WTORAL}
[06/26/2014 - 10:48:58AM] TokenValues : tight,Horse,asshole,perky,boobs,cock,jizz,dry,screwing,screws,fuck,limp,mouth,silky,Andi,juice,cum-bucket,unprepared,virgin
[06/26/2014 - 10:48:58AM] Horse's cock is so inviting. My imagination soars.

The very last line in each of those is from the respective stage file.

If I put the ...Horse_Oral.txt in there, will it give me 2 messages at stage changes or will it say, "Wait, there's a stage file here. No need to use the ...Oral.txt file."?

:)

I use slightly different tags for different situations.

For example, some tags to describe cocks are pretty universal; huge, thick, fat, throbbing, etc. But some, like inhuman, strange and monstrous, don't work so well with normal humans.

So I use two tags for this. {HUGE} is a general tag I can use for any cock, and {BEAST} is a tag only ever used when describing creature cocks.

Then Draugr are a special case. Since they're cold, dead corpses, they have their own tags.

For cum, the description context is important. 'Thick' pretty much works anywhere, but 'tasty' doesn't make sense for a vaginal cumshot, only an oral one. So I use 3 different tags for cum, and a 4th for draugrs.

You can make whatever tags you like in the synonyms file, just be careful that some combinations aren't universal. I can't put the {HUGE} tag after the word 'a' if I use synonyms like 'immense', otherwise I might get 'a immense cock'. Likewise, 'full of erection' doesn't work very well.

If you're gonna do FF messages, then a tag for strapons would be useful, as would a descriptive tag; existing descriptors like throbbing won't work for a strapon, but you can use others like artificial which wouldn't work for a live cock.

Just be aware that FF doesn't seem to work yet (or I can't get it to work, anyway!).

Here's a (mostly) blank template if you want, might save you having to create and name a ton of files. As you can see, I haven't done a huge amount of work with FF yet. MaleActor either, for that matter.

FemaleActor_Female.7z

On the Horse animation marked as Oral, Apropos appears to be trying to read the FemaleActor_Horse_Oral.txt at every stage even with the ...Oral_Stage(x).txt files in place. 

It's reading the stage files, but telling me it can't find ...Oral.txt at every stage change

Spoiler Stage2

[06/26/2014 - 10:48:34AM]     [0]: Andi, female  <lewd> <enjoyment:19> <pain:40> <arousal:0>
[06/26/2014 - 10:48:35AM]     [1]: Horse, Creature  <enjoyment:23> <pain:38> <arousal:0>
[06/26/2014 - 10:48:37AM] Could not find or read file 'Data/Apropos/db/femaleActor_Horse/femaleActor_Horse_Oral.txt'
[06/26/2014 - 10:48:37AM] TokenNames : {AADJ},{ACTIVE},{ASS},{BADJ},{BOOBS},{COCK},{CUM},{FAROUSAL},{FUCKING},{FUCKS},{FUCK},{MAROUSAL},{MOUTH},{PADJ},{PRIMARY},{PUSSY_JUICE},{PUSSY},{READINESS},{WTORAL}
[06/26/2014 - 10:48:37AM] TokenValues : fine,Horse,asshole,lovely,tits,dick,cum,barren,banging,fucks,screw,lifeless,throat,pink,Andi,cream,snatch,unprepared,virgin

Spolier Stage3

[06/26/2014 - 10:48:55AM]     [0]: Andi, female  <lewd> <enjoyment:28> <pain:36> <arousal:0>
[06/26/2014 - 10:48:56AM]     [1]: Horse, Creature  <enjoyment:35> <pain:32> <arousal:0>
[06/26/2014 - 10:48:58AM] Could not find or read file 'Data/Apropos/db/femaleActor_Horse/femaleActor_Horse_Oral.txt'
[06/26/2014 - 10:48:58AM] TokenNames : {AADJ},{ACTIVE},{ASS},{BADJ},{BOOBS},{COCK},{CUM},{FAROUSAL},{FUCKING},{FUCKS},{FUCK},{MAROUSAL},{MOUTH},{PADJ},{PRIMARY},{PUSSY_JUICE},{PUSSY},{READINESS},{WTORAL}
[06/26/2014 - 10:48:58AM] TokenValues : tight,Horse,asshole,perky,boobs,cock,jizz,dry,screwing,screws,fuck,limp,mouth,silky,Andi,juice,cum-bucket,unprepared,virgin

If I put the ...Horse_Oral.txt in there, will it give me 2 messages at stage changes or will it say, "Wait, there's a stage file here. No need to use the ...Oral.txt file."?

Is this a new game or old save that has been upgraded over time?

I use slightly different tags for different situations.

For example, some tags to describe cocks are pretty universal; huge, thick, fat, throbbing, etc. But some, like inhuman, strange and monstrous, don't work so well with normal humans.

So I use two tags for this. {HUGE} is a general tag I can use for any cock, and {BEAST} is a tag only ever used when describing creature cocks.

Then Draugr are a special case. Since they're cold, dead corpses, they have their own tags.

For cum, the description context is important. 'Thick' pretty much works anywhere, but 'tasty' doesn't make sense for a vaginal cumshot, only an oral one. So I use 3 different tags for cum, and a 4th for draugrs.

You can make whatever tags you like in the synonyms file, just be careful that some combinations aren't universal. I can't put the {HUGE} tag after the word 'a' if I use synonyms like 'immense', otherwise I might get 'a immense cock'. Likewise, 'full of erection' doesn't work very well.

If you're gonna do FF messages, then a tag for strapons would be useful, as would a descriptive tag; existing descriptors like throbbing won't work for a strapon, but you can use others like artificial which wouldn't work for a live cock.

Just be aware that FF doesn't seem to work yet (or I can't get it to work, anyway!).

Here's a (mostly) blank template if you want, might save you having to create and name a ton of files. As you can see, I haven't done a huge amount of work with FF yet. MaleActor either, for that matter.

I think her question was more about getting the precise name/type of the strapon being used to appear... Check my last comments on that topic.

Spoiler Stage2

Spolier Stage3

Is this a new game or old save that has been upgraded over time?

Okay, nevermind. I see. It's a benign extra call to the regular oral description generation, as a result of a copy/paste on my part. Totally benign, as correct result will always be shown. But I will remove the spurious call in the next release. 

Actually, psikochik, if you're using my DB file, it would help if we used the same tags. Here's an updated Synonyms file with {STRAPON} and {SOLID}. The lists aren't fleshed out, that's just what I can think of off the top of my head. If Gooser can get the name of the worn item to appear, then even better.

One thing about that though; would it require the strapon to actually be equipped out of the inventory, or would it work for the temporary equips added during sex?

Also, if you could get that to work with the regular main body piece of armor, that would be pretty cool. Could do 'My reinforced leather jacket is ripped off' instead of a general 'my clothes are ripped off'. Or even a main-hand weapon; 'I struggle to reach for my Great Axe of Chopping Shit Up', or whatever. Be hard to use a lot else due to item slots being so variable between mods.

Again, my enthusiasm may be making me race ahead here...

Synonyms.7z

Today I finally upgraded fo sexlab 1.57 and also upgraded Apropos at the same time. I love sexlab 1.57, but am having a problem with Apropos. Only the orgasm messages are displaying. No idea why.

On my old Apropos I rewrote all the messages with variants of my own choice. Could I simply cut an paste these into the new Apropos, or is the format totally different? It looks like a different display. More horizontal than vertical alignment of text, if you know what I mean.

No, no. Please read the fine print in the OP in green. Stage messages are still being written. There are none in the installation you can download from LL because they are still being authored. Most likely the missing starting messages are because of missing files. The files are "missing" because SL 1.5x expanded and change animation tag support. The current release is mainly for authors/editors of messages.

I'm getting Wear and Tear update messages concerning vaginas when oral animations are being played.  It's still updating oral's status correctly, but in the corner of the screen it's just appearing as vaginal.  Actual vaginal updates also state it's for vaginal, again with the correct status being applied.

R.D.'s Logs.rar

No, no. Please read the fine print in the OP in green. Stage messages are still being written. There are none in the installation you can download from LL because they are still being authored. Most likely the missing starting messages are because of missing files. The files are "missing" because SL 1.5x expanded and change animation tag support. The current release is mainly for authors/editors of messages.

Ah! That is good news. Sorry for the confusion. I also see that you call for volunteers to write messages. I am willing to offer my services if you like. I some ideas as to how to get around the FF problem of SL not recognizing who is active and who is passive.

I'm getting Wear and Tear update messages concerning vaginas when oral animations are being played.  It's still updating oral's status correctly, but in the corner of the screen it's just appearing as vaginal.  Actual vaginal updates also state it's for vaginal, again with the correct status being applied.

attachicon.gifR.D.'s Logs.rar

I took a look at your Apropos log, and I do indeed see one instance of a Vaginal W&T increase after AP Standing Blowjob. It could possibly just be script lag, with the vaginal message being a queued up message from a previous scene. Does it happen every time, or did it only happen this one time?

One other possibility is that AP Standing Blowjob for some reason has a vaginal tag, although I don't remember seeing it.

attachicon.gifR.D.'s Logs.rar

Couple of problems uncovered. Some minor logging bugs (incorrect labels), and I found a bug in one of the stock files for oral WearTearIncreased_Oral.txt:

{
    "1st Person" :
    [
        "My poor {MOUTH} is sore! All the {FUCKING} has left it {WTORAL}!"
    ],
    "2nd Person" :
    [
        "Your poor {PUSSY} is sore! All the {FUCKING} has left it {WTORAL}!"
    ],
    "3rd Person" :
    [
        "{PRIMARY}'s poor {PUSSY} is sore! All the {FUCKING} has left it {WTORAL}!"
    ]
}

Notice the problem?