FalloutTTW QuestOverhaul

Guest tomm434

I followed the normal path so I'm there by train. :)

Now it doesn't matter since I don't do any cheks for where player is located.

Guest tomm434

If I just said "clever girl," I wasn't certain if you'd get the reference, and I didn't want you to be confused and offended.

I'm not offended or confused, nyaalich!

The named nightkin Davidson, in Come Fly With Me, breaks due to me being friendly with supermutants. ;)

He doesn't offer me the normal dialogue, instead I get the super mutant dialogue which admittedly isn't many options (and none of them quest related). :P

Guest tomm434

Thanks you very much!

Also I think that if someone uses non vanilla ways to travel between TTW and Vegas( coc goodscprings), he will have DC mutant dialogues in Nevada. just a warning!

Thanks you very much!

Also I think that if someone uses non vanilla ways to travel between TTW and Vegas( coc goodscprings), he will have DC mutant dialogues in Nevada. just a warning!

Do you think that will happen even if you use the train the first time you travel? I.e. I took the train to NV the first time, but now I have the teleportation device from the underground hideout. If I use that one to go back and forth, will it cause any problems? Same with that TTW specific house someone made with a "tunnel" that goes back and forth instantly.

Guest tomm434

No,. The system is -when you use train, variable binDCWasteland is set to 0 and another variable binNVWasteland is set to 1. So when you are in Vegas, you have binNVWasteland ==1. But if you use "coc Goodsprings" you will be in NW but TTW will think that you are still in DC.

S if you are in DC and then teleport to hideout and then go to DC again - nothing bad'll happen.

I've used the NV to DC house.  Works fine...as far as switching between the wastelands.  Haven't played the Overhaul yet to see how factions fuck up (haha...because you fuck people and creatures and different factions...get it?   :mellow: ).

If you want a quick cheat to get between wastelands, I made the insta-train TTW mod (in signature).  It uses moveto instead of coc.  It takes a second for the NV/DC variable to update after you load in, but the map is switched to the appropriate wasteland, and the menu options are updated.

EDIT:  You can either use the train station to or from or you have the option to go from Vault 101 to Goodsprings or vice versa.  You can only warp from 101 to Goodsprings after the first time you've used the train and gone through Doc Mitchell's setup (here's your stuff...bye).

I'm a total noob with FNVedit but I'm trying to learn. Is there any way to use the filters to find where bInDCWasteland is used?

Also, I'm trying to figure out how the hell the doors in that house mod works ( http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/52029/? ). There isn't a script or anything that seems to fiddle with doors (maybe it's a GECK thing but I imagine that there would still be a reference shown in FNVedit somehow? This door leads to that cell, or something).

Anyways, it doesn't sett the bInDCWasteland or bInNVWasteland variables anywhere that I can see (on the other hand you're forced to use the train before you can use the doorway between dc and nv in the house).

The TTW script named TTWTransitScript01 doesn't seem to set bInNVWasteland to 1, though maybe that script only runs from the DC train? :P

If "someone" *coughyouguyswhoknowshowtodothis* could make an item that on activates pops a menu that asks if you're in NV or DC and sets the variables right, it would be awesome. ;)

I should learn how to mod someday because it seems like a lot of fun...

Guest tomm434

I think you should read Odessa's or mine's tutorial in Tutorial section and then  take a look at this article

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php?title=Bethsoft_Tutorial_Basic_Quest

and learn how to do a trigger. And then place code(which you will know how to do when you've read the tutorials) to it.

ANd there is Scripting101 thread in fallout techincal support section.

Is there any way to use the filters to find where bInDCWasteland is used?

Go to Global variables list, right click on the variable you need and choose "use info"

Unfortunately, I forget where that var is set.  I know I had a difficult time tracking it down.  It's probably on the activators on the electric panel on the train and in the doors of the house mod.  If you load the cell in the GECK, find the door or switch in the list of objects, right-click or double click to open the Edit window, there's a tab in there that says activator or location or something like that.  Peek around.

I wish that there was a way in FNVEdit to search for variables (if jaam doesn't have a magical answer for this, I assert that it is impossible to do ;)  ).

Modding is a fun headache.  :D

That one should be for Elminster :) You should take advantage of him being back and ask for that in the Beth forum TES5Edit topic.

Or ask for a script in FNVEdit support at nexus, zilav16 should probably whip up something.

Found the door in GECK in that house mod, it just a teleport reference in the door, so no variables are set. I guess I should use the official train to go back and forth when I actually want to play in the respective area.

Btw, Tomm434, I poked around in your aamutantafter quest and saw the conditions. There are at least one more supermutant with dialogue you should add.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Neil%27s_shack and also potentially http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Tabitha (though I have never actually done that quest so I don't know if she talks or not, but I can imagine she does). I saw Fawkes is blocked out but not Lily?

Another thing, I see you can have sex with Olin to repair for free (I thought it was another mod, you should add that part to your readme :) ). However, I tried it once and while my character and she had sex, I didn't get to repair for free. Can it be because I'm female? The dialogue seems to be written for a male ("I like handy men"). :)

I reloaded when it didn't work so I still have the option to do that, if you want me to run some tests. :)

Now when I think about it she actually had 100 repair already when I tried to repair something, so I can't actually teach her to become better either... maybe it's one of the other mods that's interfering, even though I load yours almost last. :P