New Clothing Body Style Converter Beta v0.89f (10-26-2014)

I can't seem to get the Clothing Converter working. I'm trying to go from UNPB to UNPBO. I have the to and from body nifs in the corresponding folders and I am able to make a lattice but when using the Clothing Coverter it puts nothing in the output folder and that is my destination folder. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong since this is obviously working for others?

Is the converter actually finishing making the conversion or is it crashing? It could be whatever you are trying to convert has something in it that is causing the converter to crash when it hits that piece in the nif and that will make the converter close. Did you make your own destination folder or are you using the one that it makes when you do to make a conversion?

I haven't tried any UNP to CBBE mostly because I like UNP. You could try it out and see how it turns out. But since UNP and CBBE are two different body types it might not come out looking very well. 

@redlove108

I was trying out something for someone else that was trying to convert something and I tried to convert a CBBE to UNP 7BASE.

7BASE body used post-25667-0-37854700-1406517587_thumb.jpg CBBE body used post-25667-0-26807400-1406517662_thumb.jpg CBBE body converted to 7BASE bodypost-25667-0-68449800-1406517820_thumb.jpg CBBE body to 7BASE body with 7BASE textures.post-25667-0-12600500-1406517964_thumb.jpg

I have a question I have been trying to convert the DMMClingerie set from speedbuster I run the lattice but when I run the convert bat when it hits initializing bones the converter closes. I know it is not the body I deleted each piece out 1 at a time till it was able to work without closing and it only did that after the outfit was gone. Here is the upper and lower part of the outfit if anyone can figure out what is causing it any help would be greatly appreciated!

DMMCLingUpr21a.nifDMMCLingLwr02a.nif

Just wanted to chime in and say and I had a little go last night.

I'm going from 7base Bombshell to un7b and it converted the leg armor and panty almost perfectly! The top half is ofcourse the same. The panty was brought in just a bit too much in the ass area, I mean like super minor 2 little specs of clipping. Can't wait to try this out more!!

Does anyone have a good lattice for a UNP(SLIM PUSHUPNW3) to 7BO? I can get a fairly close fit but there are a few trouble areas. I'd like to compare my lattice with that of somebody else's. Also, since I am new to this program, should I be deleting the base body shape from a piece of armor I am trying to convert? For Instance, an armor with a different base body shape within the .nif itself than the Base Body shape I am trying to convert to.

I wish I knew exactly what I was doing when using all of gerra's tools, :P I get the how-to's from his OPs but those are just the basics for usage. There has to be more specifics that are being left out that us noobies fail to comprehend. It'd be a lot simpler if someone posted a more in-depth tutorial for using all his tools. Mesh rigger and the clothing converter are the two I am most interested in perfecting usage with.

Any extra info or tricks, apart from the how-to in the original post, from some of you pros with these programs, will be greatly appreciated. I'd just love to spend less time in 3dsmax or OS2 where I'm also a beginner in those areas. Also, awesome programs gerra, thank you for all your time with these softwares.

Cheers

So, I'm using the latest version to try and convert DMRA clothing and armors to AGHGEC, and I think I got decent results. I don't have the texture paths set in nifscope, so it's hard to see. One issue I'm having is that some of the armors, like golden saint / dark seducer were made as a single outfit mesh. How would I go about combining the source and destination meshes as a single nif file to create the lattice of that?

Well after reading through this whole thread, I found version 85 which is the latest. Maybe put this on the front page please?

I was using v72, going from 7b to a custom UNPB Cleavage/Pushup and it was artifacting badly. V85 gave a flawless conversion! When I say flawless, I mean I can load it in game straight away and it looks perfect. So a million well done's to Gerra for his amazing work.

Gerra, you mentioned a tool that can replace body meshes inside a nif? Is this still happening? As I see it now, the clothing converter makes the "from" body look like the "to" body, so technically it's still the 7b body mesh. And it seems the skeletons in both are different, so I gotta figure that out.

I'm getting bad wrist and neck seams, but even with the original UNPB body. I wonder if Seam Mender can fix this? Never used it before. (Yes it's a mesh seam)

Well after reading through this whole thread, I found version 85 which is the latest. Maybe put this on the front page please?

Thank You!! :-) With version 85a and Mem4ob4's wonderfully explicit instructions, it now works flawlessly!

So others don't have to search, version 85a is in post 409 on page 21. Mem's instructions are in post 495 on page 25.

Now I have a boatload of clothing to convert!

Gerra, you mentioned a tool that can replace body meshes inside a nif? Is this still happening? As I see it now, the clothing converter makes the "from" body look like the "to" body, so technically it's still the 7b body mesh. And it seems the skeletons in both are different, so I gotta figure that out.

The Clothing Converter includes a 'clean nif' script to aid in replacing the body type. Instructions for it are here (first gerra6's post, then myuhinny's). Good luck!

I have a question I have been trying to convert the DMMClingerie set from speedbuster I run the lattice but when I run the convert bat when it hits initializing bones the converter closes. I know it is not the body I deleted each piece out 1 at a time till it was able to work without closing and it only did that after the outfit was gone. Here is the upper and lower part of the outfit if anyone can figure out what is causing it any help would be greatly appreciated!

attachicon.gifDMMCLingUpr21a.nifattachicon.gifDMMCLingLwr02a.nif

Greetings.

Hi Myuhinny .

Sorry i only saw your post this morning ( it's 06:46 in my country ) : well you wanted to convert the SPB DMMC outfit to wich body ?  

You want to keep the upper part and convert the lower to another body part ( i " hate" this SPB DMMC lower , the calf  ( le mollet in french ) looks bad to my taste .... but the upper part looks good even if i don't like or use big " boobs " or only if they look " natural" , but that's a very rare thing ... )  ?

Cheers.

NB :  just by the way , in the 099 SPB DMMC Rose set , the upper and lower part already came in separate meshes ...

http://download912.mediafire.com/o9pz2175zdlg/qj9zvqo791f3cjg/099+SPB+DMMC+Rose+Set.7z

I'm using it for to convert some Fallout 3/NV outfits, and I got pretty decent results if the bodies are close (like type3 -> skinny6 by example), and some really weird results otherwise. But, for these weird results, I assume that it can't be changed ; I mean, when one of the body have really less vertex than the other one, it must be really difficult to find a way to match them.

But, well, it work and I really want to thank you for that.

I am trying to convert it to TGND but the outfit and I think the body also crashes the converter and I was trying to find out if anyone knew why it was crashing or what was wrong with the things to maybe be able to fix it so that it won't crash in the converter.

Hi there.

@ Myuhinny

Ok , i found the original mod : SMDR 013 Shitagi Set 2 ... i will try a conversion with these meshes ( first i 'll test them without any change .... just to see if there is or not an issue with the skeleton ) .

Cheers.

PS : ok , the game crash ( i get a CTD before the game launch) with the SMDR 013 Shitagi Set 2.esp .

I 'm talking about the original mod and meshes , of course.

Time to post something to SPB 's blog  .... ;°)

Well , now , i use a custom Vipcxj file ( ESM and not esp ) ... but usually this doesn't cause any issue (  other than no real highheels working  if i don't edit first  with the CS a mod made to work with vipcxj .esp file ) .

So , i'll investigate , i suppose there is something wrong with that skeleton !

I 'll probably found what's wrong this night ... but i need to wake up early in a few hours ... coming " soon " ... ;°)

PPS : ...a few minutes later : ok , the " Shitagi lower 00 " is invisible in game ...

Fortunately , i can launch both VipCxj_HighHeels. esp and my custom " Vipcxj.ESM " ... and without a  CTD this time.

This is unusual ... i never got a CTD before when i use my custom VipCxj file ( even without editing a mod before) .

So , i 'll continue my investigations to see why this panty ( the " Shitagi lower 00 " ) doesn't appear in game . Others appear .

I don't really know why these "shoes" use the VipCxj system ( they look like "military boots " in my opinion )  ... there is no real  reason to use the VipCxj system for them !

Anyway ... bye.

NB : SPB's icon are not representative ( rose/pink heart )  i suppose that this Shitagi Lower 00 use the "DMMCLingtwr00" ... and this mesh is only the "cutted legs" without any clothe .

Unfortunatly , with my CS , i cannot see the right name ( the string is too long like  in all ColourWheel's mods ...) .

PPPS : i found nothing wrong with the esp .... i will try to past each mesh to my skeleton first , and after that i will try to convert them to another body ... ( actually i use and test  a mod from YangYang and the upper body looks like the one from this SPB mod , but lower is an "oppai lower " . 

From the SPB blog ( i 've passed a full week-end in october there) i found two nice lowers  " lower or body- 1 piece - with a nice lower in those mods ( by nice , i mean with " nice" legs , not like the DMMC " official" version ) I also found another lower ( with nice legs)  but it's seam it's a custom one ( and not at the SPB blog)   .

Sorry , but i must stop this night ... it's too late to continue now , i 'll take a look at  those meshes  in a few hours ...

Good night.

OK, got my lattice issues sorted, and now I have a different problem. Some clothing (like the arena heavy versions) will break the scripts and generate the following: 

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "convert_clothing.py", line 325, in <module>
    Main()
  File "convert_clothing.py", line 321, in Main
    process_nif(this_file, lattice, lattice_dict)
  File "convert_clothing.py", line 243, in process_nif
    face_search = lattice.faces)
  File "D:\Downloads\Convert Clothing\kg\search_util.py", line 720, in mainSearc
h
    verbose = verbose
  File "D:\Downloads\Convert Clothing\kg\search_util.py", line 1452, in BuildVer
texDictionary
    loc = this_vert.getLoc(world_loc = world_loc, search_loc = useSearchMod, fli
p_x_axis = flip_x_axis) * search_weight
  File "D:\Downloads\Convert Clothing\kg\vert_util.py", line 239, in getLoc
    self.calc_w_loc()
  File "D:\Downloads\Convert Clothing\kg\vert_util.py", line 113, in calc_w_loc
    self.w_loc = self.mesh.mat_srt * self.loc
AttributeError: 'mesh' object has no attribute 'mat_srt'

Is there something I can do to the source meshes for this? I searched this topic but it didn't return anything.

@dweezer,

I can not help with the debug output but if you post origin of that arena heavy armor (link to the mod or exact info on body type, and/or the nif), some may be able to see whats going bad for you. Assuming this is probably DMRA to AGHGEC?

Mem

Greetings.

@ Myuhinny.

You're right , same issues with my attempts. The converter stop before the end of the process ... there is a message about an error , but i don't now if it is automaticaly saved somewhere ... 

I've also tried from another lattice ( and this one has nothing to do with the DMMC/TGND bodies ) to another body ( RKA) with the same issue.

There is something " wrong " ( well , may be not " wrong " but totally unusual and " strange " with these body parts ...) : as i already mention, the Construction Set cause a CTD if i don't use the required VipCxjx _highheels.esp , and there , this is not "normal" . All the mods i use where there are some " Real HighHeels" shoes/boots are customized , and to do so , i need to edit them first ( just to know which  VipCxj 's scripts are used for the different models ...) with the VipCxj required ".esp" , after that , i launch once again the same "xxx.esp" but without the required VipCxj file and with "my" custom VipCxj.esm file ( well  it's not  "my" , this is just the original VipCxj file converted to the ".esm" format with a tool created to do so ... + some little addons) . I just need to put the right scripts once again but now ,  linked to my "VipCxj_HighHeels.esm" .

So , i can usually launch in the CS that kind of files without any CTD ... but not here ! So , that's why i said that there is ( are) something(s) wrong in those meshes .

I 'll continue to search ( just because i'm a very curious person and i want to know what's going " wrong" with this mod ) , but if i cannot localyse the "trouble" tonight , i'll send you a message thursday ( not tommorrow ,  because i would be too busy ...) .

The skeleton i used to create the lattice was the one from LAPF but in game i used the Deedee's Skeleton ( from Electrro's Designer Body Spell mod , i need it at this moment to test a new animation ...) .

I'll try now with a Growlf Skeleton ( but not one of the " Universal " , i have good reasons to try with the one that came with " Growlf's Body Resizing Mod " , and this one don't cause any issue in my Oblivion installation . But if i remember well , this one don't support the OP3 bone (= OP3 in the Lower body part )... because that OP3 is incompatible with the " spells/animations " used in  his mod  ) .

Cheers.

NB : TGND is far away from the DMMC body ...

PS : ( 20:08:2014   07:14 am ) 1) okay , i found something : i've tried with the skeleton from "Growlfs Body Resizing Mod version 6610EV " , with it , no more CTD if i don't use the "VipCXJ_HighHeels_esp" , no more CTD with the CS too , so i've customized that mod now to work with my VipCxj_HighHeels.ESM . 

And the spells from Growlf 's mod work well with these clothes ( even if there is an OP3 bone attached to the breasts ) . The OP3 bone for the "Ass" is incompatible with these spells ... but that's another story.

2) i tried once again with a new lattice based on that Growlf Skeleton , but i got the same issue. With the lattice generated from the body in the SMDR mod ( so , it's not exactly the same as the Official DMMC body) to TGND body , i've also tried two other conversions : one that has nothing to do with these body ( but the conversion works) and the other , with the SMDR 07 mod  "Ribbon armor 3-1" , and the conversion works too ( with the lattice made for the SMDR13 ... and TGND) .Of course  the result isn't perfect , because the base body is different ... i just wanted to be sure there was no problem with the skeleton or the lattice .

Unfortunately ,the log file when the issue appear isn't complete , so i cannot see what's wrong in these meshes. I think that the " Oject value " isn't correct or assigned ... i 'll take a look at this point tommorrow ( sorry i would  probably be too busy today ) .

PPS : 20/08/2014 08:41 :  J'ai trouvé !

I was right , the problem came from a missing "information" in the clothe meshes ... i 've tried first to convert only the "nude" body ( i 've removed all the clothe parts ...) : no issue .

After that , i've compared the " stocking" with another one i already tested with that converted ... and there , there was a missing information about the Skeleton ( it was set to " none "  .... without any other value ) i set this value to " 0 " ( zero)  and the result  is value " 0 ( Scene Root) ... or the name of the  very first node given to your mesh  , because i've changed it to remind me with witch Skeleton i was working on ....

Here my first succefull attempt ( nude body with only the Stocking part ....) : well you must know that i used only the defaut converter settings ( and also for the lattice) .

Compare the value of these stocking(s) with the one that came from the original mesh(es) .

Sorry , i have no time to write more details now , i will post more informations this night .

Cheers.  

PPPS : well you just need to complete ( modify) in the "NiSkinInstance of all the clothing meshes the "missing information" about the Skeleton)  ( set it to 0 , the " (Scene Root) " will be added automatically ... ) that's all.

In the original files it is (was)  set to " none " ... and i don't know why ... ( maybe SPB used these meshes for some animations and forgot to restore them to their initial attributes ??? that's just an idea ...)

Details :  so , click on the NiTriSape ( List block) ---> NiSkinInstance  ( List bloc) and go to the "details bloc " : here you just need to assign the right value in the Skeleton Root ( usually the third line , after "data" , "Skin partition" and now " Skeleton Root ") : 0 ( zero) and not "none" .

I really like very much that God's gift : NifSkope ! ... ;°)

Last thing : that was just a test , and the Skeleton included with my ".nif" is the one from " Growlfs Body Resizing Mod" version 6610EV )... with scalable bones ... And i made some changes in the name of these nif ... don't worry about that , that was necessary to find what was going wrong with these meshes.

So the lattice was generated from the body of this mod ( without the clothe parts , of course) to the TGND " Standard ( = standard  for the upperbody ) and without the "BButt" lower ( no OP3 bone in the lower part) . I took these body meshes from Electrro's Designer Body Spell Mod ... ( sorry i don't use at this moment the meshes from the "Set body reloaded"

I 'll try another test with the LAPF Skeleton  tonight.

Bye.

GBRM6610EV-SMDR13-Body&Stocking.nif

Is there something I can do to the source meshes for this? I searched this topic but it didn't return anything.

As long as I remember, this is what I've had one time, when I've forgotten to remove the world model before the conversion. If I'm right (really not sure of that) just remove the world model and the next conversion will work perfectly. Else, well, sorry for your wasted time :(

[Well, really sorry for my really bad english tonight]

@dweezer,

I can not help with the debug output but if you post origin of that arena heavy armor (link to the mod or exact info on body type, and/or the nif), some may be able to see whats going bad for you. Assuming this is probably DMRA to AGHGEC?

Mem

As long as I remember, this is what I've had one time, when I've forgotten to remove the world model before the conversion. If I'm right (really not sure of that) just remove the world model and the next conversion will work perfectly. Else, well, sorry for your wasted time :(

[Well, really sorry for my really bad english tonight]

I've attached two of the problematic meshes I found. They are both from http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/42033/? otherwise known as DMRA BBB Complete Clothing and Armor Replacer. Am I understanding Mainoumi correctly as to delete the base body mesh before conversion? That sounds like having to reintegrate the desired body section in the correct shape afterwards to be a right pain.

meshes.7z

Going to AGHGEC: size A, B, C, D, or HFOB?

Edit:

I went ahead with B.

It seems that: AttributeError: 'mesh' object has no attribute 'mat_srt'

means- I have no bones!

NiTriStrips- tie:top   has no NiSkinInstance

I branch removed it and had no problem converting.

You may be able to paste branch it back into the nif after conversion.

The Irontop had no problems (i used just a upperbody lattice).

Mem

You're right , same issues with my attempts. The converter stop before the end of the process ... there is a message about an error , but i don't now if it is automaticaly saved somewhere ... 

Yes it will output to a log file, in the save folder. Just look for the log file for which ever tool you are running.

post-18672-0-85326600-1408516866_thumb.jpg

Yes it will output to a log file, in the save folder. Just look for the log file for which ever tool you are running.

Hi there.

Greetings Varenne.

Of course ,  i was right  ( i  really " love " NifSkope ...) !!! ... and i found the problem with those meshes . Tadaaaa ... ;°)

Take a look at the PPS & PPPS - post 568 -  ... i also posted one nif ( but not complete , only with the stocking parts) .

Cheers , sorry but i must go to work now ( it's about 09:15 in my country ... i'm already too late ...) i'll try other tests tonight ... but not sure , i have a lot of things to do today.

NB ( 21-08-2014   01:14 am) ; yes, i found where the log file is but it's not to date ... why i'm saying that is because i 've changed some meshes/names ( material name : bottom --->Foot:legs) and when the process stop , it mention " Bottom" and there is no more  any " bottom " reference in that ".nif" file !

The last line where ( when)  the process stopped isn't in the log file ...unfortunately .

Bye.

Greetings, I've checked out this topic and haven't found solution for my problem. If it already were, please point me onto it.

I've trying to convert set of armors from one body to another (Fallout: New Vegas) and tried 10 various combinations of "Make Lattice" and "Convert Clothing" sliders.

Every time I got same kind of errors:

outfit.nif

outfitf.nif

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

UPDATE:

Indeed I was doing this wrong =)

Was using v0.72, not v0.85

With v0.85 converts working almost perfect (few glitches).

Greetings .

@ Myuhinny :

Here two nif(s) : the conversion i've tried this night with a new lattice ( LAPF Skeleton + SMDR 013 body to LAPF+TGND ( body meshes from Electrro's Designer Body Spell Mod)  ... and the second nif is only the  "from" ( where the missing/wrong values for the Skeleton are corrected .)

For the lattice i used the defaut setting without the "SKin Only" option activeted ... so the result isn't what it was supposed to be ( in my opinion).

It has no folds/bead I expected ( in french , je m'attendais à y voir les plis , bourrelets de la peau comme sur l'original ) .

For the converter settings , i 've tested with " Don't cross X axe & recalculate Normals " activeted/selected .

Targets 10 , Distance search ( defaut) ... it 's 25 if i remember correctly , Search Weight 0 ( defaut is 0.57) . Female Only.

So now you can try by yourself , and please be kind , tell us which settings you use to convert DMMC body to your TGND ( if you get a good result of course).

Cheers.

PS : another test , but this time i've selected "constrain X axe " ... so now the result is a  Wide TGND-DMMC body !

( LAPF+DMMC lingerie2 to TGND ( in theory).nif )  ... i need to find wich settings i've already tested ( with success)  by the past ...

As i've already said , i like this converter because it could generate a lot of different bodies .... if you want , i'll send you ( in a PM) a tested conversion of a file i' already send you ( based on the ColourWheel's Librarian Dress with real HighHeels ) done with the lattice generated from the SMDR to TGND , that is the test i was talking about in the post 568 ---> PS ---> 2) ....  the result looks like a real CowGirl ( i said Cow , not Call) ... i'm talking about how the legs look ...  very  " special " ... :°)

PPS : the best attempt is in the post 578 ...

LAPF+DMMC_SMDR13 lingerie2 to TGND.nif

LAPF+DMMC lingerie2.nif

LAPF+DMMC lingerie2 to TGND ( in theory).nif