New Clothing Body Style Converter Beta v0.89f (10-26-2014)

Can someone give me instructions on how to better convert this piece of clothing?

No. 2 conversion is the best I could do. I tried to convert this mesh like 7 times.

Hmm...it's just too damn low poly, there are simply not enough vertices to give it a smoother shape, imho the best solution would be to increase polycount of the original in Blender(or any other suitable program) and then running the Converter again (the belt will still look like crap tough, needs to be manually moved back into place in Blender)...if anybody has a better and more user friendly suggestion...if not, I don't mind doing it, it will just take a bit as I'm loaded with work.

Now, honestly, this is an awesome tool, and I mean AWESOME, as it has been saving me a lot of time with mash-ups, mostly as it solved the problem I had with getting tight fitting outfits to look decent, but still, you should pair it with Blender to do the fine tuning (clipping, badly distorted parts, etc...), and this fine tuning has a ridiculously small learning curve, it's not like making a new mesh from scratch, you'll be just be selecting and then deleting and/or moving a few vertices.

Can someone give me instructions on how to better convert this piece of clothing?

No. 2 conversion is the best I could do. I tried to convert this mesh like 7 times.

Hmm...it's just too damn low poly, there are simply not enough vertices to give it a smoother shape, imho the best solution would be to increase polycount of the original in Blender(or any other suitable program) and then running the Converter again (the belt will still look like crap tough, needs to be manually moved back into place in Blender)...if anybody has a better and more user friendly suggestion...if not, I don't mind doing it, it will just take a bit as I'm loaded with work.

Now, honestly, this is an awesome tool, and I mean AWESOME, as it has been saving me a lot of time with mash-ups, mostly as it solved the problem I had with getting tight fitting outfits to look decent, but still, you should pair it with Blender to do the fine tuning (clipping, badly distorted parts, etc...), and this fine tuning has a ridiculously small learning curve, it's not like making a new mesh from scratch, you'll be just be selecting and then deleting and/or moving a few vertices.

Cursed blender... not again. Thanks for the comprehensive answer though ;3

Is there some guide on how to increase polygon count for Blender for very ultra greenhorn noobs?

stuff...

Cursed blender... not again. Thanks for the comprehensive answer though ;3

Is there some guide on how to increase polygon count for Blender for very ultra greenhorn noobs?

Try running the converter on any these two

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7yy4xq0m7lqce3q/mc04.nif

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wp13vx9odoht7oe/mc04hp.nif

The first is just slightly higher-poly while the second is a bit ridiculous.

Guide for ultra greenhorn noobs...dunno about any, a very quick search in Google gave an excellent first result and I could write a really quick tutorial, but it all comes down to whether or not you know the basic controls and how to import/export a nif file...the process is ridiculously simple and takes at worse a few minutes.

I love the potential of this tool, I just can never get it perfect. Seems the crotches of all the armors I convert get their vertices stretches to the opposite sides on them all.  Besides that every conversion I've run is like 99% perfect.

As near as I can tell at this point, there are certain inherent limitations to my automated surface matching algorithms. They're good...but they're not perfect.

This is, of course, exacerbated by the reliance of the tool on quality UV maps on the nifs used for the template and target nifs. Any flaws or other weirdness can cause major headaches.

Guessing blindly, I suspect that the problem in the crotch region is due to some significant variation in the crotch UV seams between the two nifs that you were using to generate your lattice. Subtle seam flaws that would generally be almost undetectable in-game (unless the mesh had, say, an elaborate tattoo along the seam boundary) can lead to significant distortions when that same information is used to build a lattice. Unfortunately, I've not had any success coming up with a solution to this...the entire point of the UV search function is to allow the tool to match up physically disimilar, but equivalent regions. This makes it very difficult for an automated algorithm to tell the difference between legitimate differences and flaws.

I love the potential of this tool, I just can never get it perfect. Seems the crotches of all the armors I convert get their vertices stretches to the opposite sides on them all.  Besides that every conversion I've run is like 99% perfect.

As near as I can tell at this point, there are certain inherent limitations to my automated surface matching algorithms. They're good...but they're not perfect.

This is, of course, exacerbated by the reliance of the tool on quality UV maps on the nifs used for the template and target nifs. Any flaws or other weirdness can cause major headaches.

Guessing blindly, I suspect that the problem in the crotch region is due to some significant variation in the crotch UV seams between the two nifs that you were using to generate your lattice. Subtle seam flaws that would generally be almost undetectable in-game (unless the mesh had, say, an elaborate tattoo along the seam boundary) can lead to significant distortions when that same information is used to build a lattice. Unfortunately, I've not had any success coming up with a solution to this...the entire point of the UV search function is to allow the tool to match up physically disimilar, but equivalent regions. This makes it very difficult for an automated algorithm to tell the difference between legitimate differences and flaws.

What you've done so far is nothing short of amazing though. While it would be awesome if it could do the whole thing perfectly in one pass, at the bare minimum you've shaved hours if not days of work off my 3ds conversion times. 

Anyone have a good lattice they would be willing to share for converting vanilla body style male armors to SOS?

I always seem to fail at generating a lattice file.

Also some very noob oriented instructions on how to make this run with 64 bit python would be greatly appreciated.

Definitely disable UV search. I don't know anything about the SOS body type, but odds are that it is not compatible with the vanilla UV.

That will set the tool to 'nearest point on surface' mode. In this mode, the tool will generate a conversion lattice by finding the nearest point on the surface of the SOS mesh for each vertex on the vanilla mesh. In general, this gives adequate results.

I remember someone at one time was asking if the converter worked on the Latex Ninja Armor from the nexus and I am here to say that it does.

post-25667-0-68039800-1404587209_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-00529600-1404587230_thumb.jpg What I did was go to the mods page to see what body was being used which is E/F cup and lowerbodyLL. I picked the F cup and placed it and the lowerbodyLL into my player skeleton and then ran the lattice and convert and that is what I came out with.

SPB's armors are harder as there is generally no templates for the bodies as many of them are made specifically for the armor piece. I did find that if you can find a body close to it that is bigger the outfit might come out alright but somethings might not convert all the way.  

Do not use the bodies inside the armors as that will make the converter pop the dents out of the body.

Hepsy's new bikini mod. Body smaller then the small bodies found one close to it but bigger in the areas where the dents are. Bikini came out like this. Some areas like the breast might come out smaller then the original to body but that is because of using the incorrect body but as long as it keeps it from popping the dents out I'm happy.

post-25667-0-41961100-1404587658_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-78302900-1404587720_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-30612500-1404587736_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-89550800-1404587753_thumb.jpg

One SPB armor I have been tinkering with trying to find out what is wrong with it as it keeps closing the converter when it hits the armor pieces the body by itself converts fine there is just something weird on the outfit it's self

Keep up the great work Gerra6 the more I play with this the better it gets. :)

Hey,

Im new with those things and want to learn how to covert Vanilla to CBBE or any other, but from Vanilla. But as I understand I need original not modified .nif files from the game. Where I can get all of the .nif files of in-game Vanilla armors? And all DLC ones too maybe?

@Pinkis007

You would need something like FOMM or somethinng else that can extract files from the BSA files which is where mesh and texture files are stored at. I use FOMM which can be found in the fallout new Vegas area for extracting files from BSA's for fallout NV oblivion and skyrim. If you are going to try to convert vanilla armors you will probably need to disable the UV search as the vanilla bodies are nasty and probably have many defects in them. When extracting ffrom the BSA with FOMM just double click it after installing FOMM and it will load the extractor up

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/17895-fomm-custom-build-014108/?hl=fomm

Finally got my panty craziness under control. Xarathos kindly sent me one of his lattices and my problem was somewhere in the lattice creation. I also switched over to the non portable version of the tools and am seeing better results. 

I do still run into wonky conversions with armors with ridiculous amounts of vertices, Jo Jo and ZZ Jays Demon Hunter Armor being one that converts aweful. However the Lady armors are converting over beautifully with very minor edits in OS or 3ds Max needed.

Also seem to have more luck with cloth type outfits than the metal ones.

Armors made out of metal and whatnot might come out looking different because of the way the outfit is formed if there is no real body formage like there is with outfits made out of cloth they will not form that well as that is the way they were made. Things made out of cloth usually are made closer to resemble the body under it outfits like armors made out of metal are not going to have a boob design and things like that as that is they way they are suppose to be if they were formed the resemble to body better they would probably come out better looking.

Something appearing invisible in game generally means missing mesh file. When you convert the  item are you using both nifs for it? As skyrim nifs come in 2 and what you do to one nif has to be done with the 2nd nif as well. So when you do the conversion both of the outfit nifs need to be in the target folder.

Something appearing invisible in game generally means missing mesh file. When you convert the  item are you using both nifs for it? As skyrim nifs come in 2 and what you do to one nif has to be done with the 2nd nif as well. So when you do the conversion both of the outfit nifs need to be in the target folder.

Yes. And I understood that a lattice only needs one mesh file from each body in order to be created, right?

I haven't done much conversions for skyrim as it takes a bit more to find the correct body being used to make the conversions unlike oblivion where most bodies are all in the set body mod and easily found unless the body under the armor is in one piece with no holes in it. When I did the one conversion test awhile back I took and made a copy of the armor with the smaller cup and pasted it into the from folder and then right clicked the armor pieces one at a time and went to block - remove branch once everything but the body was gone I used save as to overwrite the nif and then made my lattice. When I was ready to run the convert bat I placed the smaller cup and bigger cup into the target folder and then ran it.

If a armor is in more then one piece like top and bottom I will take a copy of my player skeleton as that has all the nodes needed and then load up the upper part right click the upperbody then go to block - copy branch then hit load then load up the skeleton right click scene root and go to block paste branch save as to save then repeat for lower body. Then I can run the lattice and the be able to convert upper and lower parts that way when they are separated into 2 pieces.

Anyone used this to successfully convert from UNPB to UNP? The _1 meshes look decent, but the _0 meshes are badly deformed around the chest. I tried running makelattice for just the _0, and then separately for both _0 and _1. Also, could this problem be due to using a TBBP mesh as the makelattice source where the meshes I'm attempting to convert are BBP only? And does this handle T/BBP meshes well?

Sorry for the flood of stupid, but I just learned about this utility last night. Seems like dream come true if I can just get it working well enough that I can finish up a few things in 3DS or something.

• 2 weeks later...

@foreveraloneguy

It should be able to handle most everything if a body is coming out nasty looking it could be that the UV maps are not matching. I converted a armor earlier for skyrim the body the chest had twisted stretched nipples and the chest didn't look very well. I then changed the texture paths in the armor to match my to body and it converted perfectly. I also ran the converter twice made a lattice for the _0 body then converted it then did a lattice for the _1 and then converted it.