New Clothing Body Style Converter Beta v0.89f (10-26-2014)

Easiest way that I have found to try to find out what body size something is using/might be using is to paste the armor onto my player skeleton and then save it take the skeleton to my body mod I use set body mod so I go to the that folder and drop the skeleton into one of them copy the body branch paste it in if it is wrong close nifskope and try the next one.

Sometimes if you are trying to look for a body to replace the one underneath because it is missing some of the body you can paste the defect one onto the skeleton and then place bodies on top of that one and then look if they match sometimes you get really lucky and when the two bodies match rotating the body around in a circle in nifskope will show a bunch of patches that move when you rotate it that will show that you have match. 

Semi-OT, but quite related to the topic:

Blender is driving me nuts. Turns out that, even if you rename the Skyrim dismemberment partitions Fallout 3-style (BP_TOSRO etc.), if there are too many vertices assigned to it which is often the case with the BP_TORSO-partition, Blender splits that partiton in two parts and willy-nilly distributers the vertices among these. So you end up with four instead of three partitions, BP_TORSO being completely messed up. The hint that I've found on some site to edit the nif_common.py this way

Change

EXPORT_BONESPERPARTITION = 18

to

EXPORT_BONESPERPARTITION = 25

and

min_val = 4, max_val = 18

to

min_val = 4, max_val = 25

doesn't work.

The Clothing Converter didn't work for me either (no offense intended, Gerra, I'm sure it will some day), nor does Calientes Bodyslide 2 - at least for quite some of the armors that require Blender-like function such as shrink on scale etc.

It's frustrating.

@ Gerra: Do you have any idea when the new nifscripts for a more upt to date version of Blender will be finished or at lleast if there will be a beta? The 2.49b version is a pain in the arse.

Hi, thanks again for the advice with the mesh rigger, but now I'm running into trouble with this tool. Maybe I don't really understand how to use it or something, but when I make a lattice using the Skyrim vanilla body to be converted to UNP Skinny it seems to work fine, but when I try to use the lattice to start converting Vanilla armor it stops working and I get no results. Could you explain step-by-step how this works?

When you go to do the convert do you have the setting set to female only male only or both? If you are doing male it needs to be set to male female set to female and if you are converting a male armor to a female armor it needs to be set to both. Also check the size of the nif huge sized nifs/high poly ones will crash the converter. If it lags in nifskope when you are looking at it then it will either crash the converter or it will take a hellava long ass time to convert. Ones like that I make a copy of the nif put top and bottom at the end of the name and then delete the top armor body and hands out then save and do the same thing for the bottom.

When you go to do the convert do you have the setting set to female only male only or both? If you are doing male it needs to be set to male female set to female and if you are converting a male armor to a female armor it needs to be set to both. Also check the size of the nif huge sized nifs/high poly ones will crash the converter. If it lags in nifskope when you are looking at it then it will either crash the converter or it will take a hellava long ass time to convert. Ones like that I make a copy of the nif put top and bottom at the end of the name and then delete the top armor body and hands out then save and do the same thing for the bottom.

I'm only converting female armor, and I'm using the vanilla mesh extracted from the BSA so it's not too big or anything. And I'm using Skyrim, there are no upper and lower bodys. What I'm asking is instructions to make sure I'm using the right files in the right places at the right time.

I've given up on the conversion of vanilla meshes to other body styles with the conversion tool. I think that he vanilla meshes are seriously flawed.

I suggest that you download armor that has already been converted, f. ex. for the UNP normal body. These meshes should be considerably closer to the UNP skinny body, perhaps that helps the conversion tool get the job done.

Yeah that would probably be the reason vanilla bodies are probably crap for trying to use for conversions they probably have many problems in the body mesh.

I tried a different thing last night I tried converting a armor piece to some of the different pregnant bodies to see how they came out. They didn't look too bad. They had clipping in nifskope but in game most of that wasn't present.

post-25667-0-05228100-1398879738_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-86003700-1398879748_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-60390100-1398879761_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-80209500-1398879774_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-02496200-1398879796_thumb.jpg

I'd really like to know what software the people at Bethesda were using for their mesh creations. I'm serious. I cannot imagine that they had to deal with the Blender-Nifskope-workaround annoyance (no offense to the nifscript creators since they did an awesome job).

Is there someone with some experience in working for a game developer who can enlighten me?

@mem4ob4

I have only tried the knit and tight knit from nailflan and I took the animated ones from Wolfz and used them for the from and converted one of spb's full body swim suit to a few different versions. Speedbusters swim suit converts so tight that but forms really good except for the nipples those are always sticking out no matter what size they are but a few quick vert tweaks in nifskope and it's fixed.

Hi, thanks again for the advice with the mesh rigger, but now I'm running into trouble with this tool. Maybe I don't really understand how to use it or something, but when I make a lattice using the Skyrim vanilla body to be converted to UNP Skinny it seems to work fine, but when I try to use the lattice to start converting Vanilla armor it stops working and I get no results. Could you explain step-by-step how this works?

I think I found a fix, using version 85_a I set the conversion to both male and female bodies, 15 Node Targets, 30.0 Search Distance, and 0.0 Vertex Normal Search Weight, plus Don't Cross X-Axis, and Re-Calculate Normals. On version 72 the mesh looked terrible, but on 85_a it works, and I can add TBBP with Bodyslide. I tested with Ebony, Elven, and Glass armor.

I'd really like to know what software the people at Bethesda were using for their mesh creations. I'm serious. I cannot imagine that they had to deal with the Blender-Nifskope-workaround annoyance (no offense to the nifscript creators since they did an awesome job).

The current version of 3DSMax when the game was being made along with the Gamebryo SDK plugins of the time.

This is what they used from Morrowind through to Skyrim.

Thank you so much for this tool! Amazing. Running my first conversion now and I'm looking at the armor and I'm very impressed with the output so far. Went from Lady to 7base Bombshell I do have some errors, which I imagine is due to the 7b mesh. (Edit: Nope it's something in either the armors I'm choosing or my settings, because every armor I've converted thus far has that same error between the legs.)

6z6AD7Y.jpg

7x6xKZS.jpg

hrlGPws.jpg

The first and third images I imagine will be an easy fix, plan on loading the file up in 3ds max and manipulating it some. The second will be more difficult. I'll send you the files if you'd like. Overall though this will take a ton of work out of my conversions. A file like this would take me a day or more in 3ds Max. Thank you so much for the work into this.

The current version of 3DSMax when the game was being made along with the Gamebryo SDK plugins of the time.

This is what they used from Morrowind through to Skyrim.

Hey Symon + mem4ob4,

thanks for the answer!

Regards,

Ratrace

Thank you so much for this tool! Amazing. Running my first conversion now and I'm looking at the armor and I'm very impressed with the output so far. Went from Lady to 7base Bombshell I do have some errors, which I imagine is due to the 7b mesh, 

The first and third images I imagine will be an easy fix, plan on loading the file up in 3ds max and manipulating it some. The second will be more difficult. I'll send you the files if you'd like. Overall though this will take a ton of work out of my conversions. A file like this would take me a day or more in 3ds Max. Thank you so much for the work into this.

It's hard to say for certain, but those look like the sorts of artifacts you'll get from UV map incompatibilities. Try disabling UV search when you generate the lattice template.

Basically, it looks like the texture seams on your From nifs don't line up to the template seams on your To nifs.

Makes sense that body has it's own specific UV Map. So I made a new lattice, this time with only Vertex Index Search and Skin Only enabled, I'm using your latest tool 0.85a Portable not the 64 version. I have Vertex Targets to 10, Search Distance to 10, and Vertex Normal Search Weight to 5, I'm relatively sure that it's my unfamiliarity with the process and settings. And I apologize if any of these settings are, well idiotic. I may have gotten cocky after your mesh rigger worked so well for me. I then load the Clothing Converter. load my lattice, target either a folder or a specific mesh, I have only re-calculate normals pushed, node targets to 5, search distance to 10.0, and vertex normal search weight to 0.0(which I am now wondering if this was my issue.) Gender female, I have also tried clicking don't cross x-axis, and both on the genders, 

9TtZtsd.jpg

Other than that area, in the pelvic gap, the entire armor came over like a glove, I'm inclined to think it's something with the way I'm doing it as it has happened on 3 separate bodies in the exact same area.

Here's my nifs, if you'd like them. (edit: and my lattices, in case they'd be helpful.)

lattice.zip

Medic Conversion Meshes.zip

Of course.

Once you have the lattice template, the tool doesn't really care whether or not the clothing that you are converting includes a body.

Just run Make Lattice, for your From body select nude body that the clothing is designed to fit, for the To body select the nude body that you want to resize the clothing to use, and let the tool do its thing. Once you have the lattice, just load it in Convert Clothing as your template, select the clothing as your target, and it should convert everything fairly cleanly.

Note, major changes in cleavage shape or structure can sometimes give slightly weird results that generally need manual tweaking in a modeling program.

To answer your other question, I haven't started working on it yet. I've mostly been pre-occupied with maximizing accuracy when working with complex (read bad) skinning.

Please help me, I think this tool is AWESOME!!!! but I have a problem for some reason the log says

C:\Users\Blaster2k\Downloads\Tools RC_85_a_Scripts\Tools RC_85_a_Scripts>C:\Pyth
on33\python.exe convert_clothing.py
loading settings from C:\Users\Blaster2k\Downloads\Tools RC_85_a_Scripts\Tools R
C_85_a_Scripts\save\clothingConverter.cfg
mesh_axis : True
norm_weight : 0.0
Targets : 15
subfolder : 0
Distance : 30.0
exclude_ground : 1
calc_normals : True
z_axis : False
y_axis : False
template : C:/Users/Blaster2k/Downloads/Tools RC_85_a_Scripts/Tools RC_85_a_Scri
pts/Clothing Converter/lattice/csbhc32BQb.lat
Tool : CONVERTCLOTHING
name : ClothingConverter_Options
destination : Clothing Converter/output/
target : C:/Users/Blaster2k/Downloads/Tools RC_85_a_Scripts/Tools RC_85_a_Script
s/Clothing Converter/target
version : b_70
cross_x_axis : True
x_axis : False
Loading Lattice
Lattice Successfully Loaded
Building Vertex Dictionary
Building Vertex Dictionary
lattice.morph_key None
dirpath C:/Users/Blaster2k/Downloads/Tools RC_85_a_Scripts/Tools RC_85_a_Scripts
/Clothing Converter/target
Checking Directory Path for Nifs and Tri files
['C:\\Users\\Blaster2k\\Downloads\\Tools RC_85_a_Scripts\\Tools RC_85_a_Scripts\
\Clothing Converter\\target\\snake_armor_0.nif', 'C:\\Users\\Blaster2k\\Download
s\\Tools RC_85_a_Scripts\\Tools RC_85_a_Scripts\\Clothing Converter\\target\\sna
ke_armor_1.nif']
['C:\\Users\\Blaster2k\\Downloads\\Tools RC_85_a_Scripts\\Tools RC_85_a_Scripts\
\Clothing Converter\\target\\snake_armor_0.nif', 'C:\\Users\\Blaster2k\\Download
s\\Tools RC_85_a_Scripts\\Tools RC_85_a_Scripts\\Clothing Converter\\target\\sna
ke_armor_1.nif']
******NIF******
Processing C:\Users\Blaster2k\Downloads\Tools RC_85_a_Scripts\Tools RC_85_a_Scri
pts\Clothing Converter\target\snake_armor_0.nif
Reading <class 'pyffi.formats.nif.NiTriShape'> failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\pyffi\formats\nif\__init__.py", line 881,
in read
    self._value = data._string_list[n]
IndexError: list index out of range

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\pyffi\formats\nif\__init__.py", line 1370,
 in read
    block.read(stream, self)
  File "C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\pyffi\object_models\xml\struct_.py", line
352, in read
    attr_value.read(stream, data)
  File "C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\pyffi\formats\nif\__init__.py", line 883,
in read
    raise ValueError('string index too large (%i)'%n)
ValueError: string index too large (30)
Warning, unable to parse C:\Users\Blaster2k\Downloads\Tools RC_85_a_Scripts\Tool
s RC_85_a_Scripts\Clothing Converter\target\snake_armor_0.nif
<kg.file_util.load_nif object at 0x0000000003E692E8> Could Not Be Processed
******NIF******
Processing C:\Users\Blaster2k\Downloads\Tools RC_85_a_Scripts\Tools RC_85_a_Scri
pts\Clothing Converter\target\snake_armor_1.nif
Reading <class 'pyffi.formats.nif.NiTriShape'> failed
  File "C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\pyffi\formats\nif\__init__.py", line 881,
in read
    self._value = data._string_list[n]
IndexError: list index out of range

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\pyffi\formats\nif\__init__.py", line 1370,
 in read
    block.read(stream, self)
  File "C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\pyffi\object_models\xml\struct_.py", line
352, in read
    attr_value.read(stream, data)
  File "C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\pyffi\formats\nif\__init__.py", line 883,
in read
    raise ValueError('string index too large (%i)'%n)
ValueError: string index too large (30)
Warning, unable to parse C:\Users\Blaster2k\Downloads\Tools RC_85_a_Scripts\Tool
s RC_85_a_Scripts\Clothing Converter\target\snake_armor_1.nif
<kg.file_util.load_nif object at 0x0000000003E692E8> Could Not Be Processed

C:\Users\Blaster2k\Downloads\Tools RC_85_a_Scripts\Tools RC_85_a_Scripts>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

and won't convert on both 32 and 64bit versions

Hmm, from the errors it looks like the nif isn't even getting loaded. Pyffi is just throwing tons of exceptions when it attempts to load that nif. Basically, pyffi isn't even able to hand off the nif.

post the nif and I'll take a look at it.

If you delete the body before conversion you would still have to paste your to body back into it and it might be smaller then the to body and might need some tweaking.

You can delete the body in nifskope with the right click outfit - block - remove branch then save as. (Make sure to make a backup of the original nif first) Might be better if you deleted the body out and then paste a body that is the same back into it then redo the lattice with the new from body and see if that works.